Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,437 members, 7,846,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11840802 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9031) (9032) (9033) (9034) (9035) (9036) (9037) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
IDENNAA:

You were not the only one who watched Iwobi's minutes of brilliance but what happens after all the initial show offs. As soon as Nwakali can play again for se its bye bye to Iwobi. Also , Iwobi cant play central midfield because his work rate leaves very little to be desired. You cant give what you dont have..he might eventually end up in championship league.

Abeg Nwakali is already playing but he won't smell SE bench for a very long time

Iwobi on the other hand....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

The fact that they have just 12 teams is a massive turnoff. But Celtic do produce good players.

Na yeye league be that, it is simply an armature league. I don't take any player there seriously, until the said player is proven in a better league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
komekn:

Close with Ndombele which has been far from successful near €60 million.

Dyabla is the player it is rumoured that they want to buy for €80 million.

But they didn't buy him undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
Neobulletzz:
Happy Birthday Andrewbaba44

Thanks baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
komekn:

You are misusing the word unpredictable in the context of football.

For instance when Ronaldo is coming towards you even at 30 yards from goal.You are scared and worried.

He may sprint past you, he may skill you and leave on the floor, or hr may give a defence splitting pass or decide to shoot at 25 yards left or right and score or even do a 1-2 and head the ball in on return he has high jump rate.

That's unpredictability in football.

The main weakness to Iwobi's game is finishing and stamina.

Creativity, Dribbling, Passing, Vision. All this are traits of an attacking centre midfielder not a winger.

Last season Iwobi had a higher expected assist p90 than Eriksen or Pogba. He was equal with Hazard.

Iwobi has started just two games as AMC this season, his average rating is 7.
25% of his total shots in his EFC career came in those games.
His most passes made in a single game is 38, the second and third came in those matches. (each 34).

His best rating came against Norwich where he was moved to AMC after HT.

Iwobi has been poor this season, but majority of the Everton squad have also suffered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
komekn:

You mean like Mousa Dembele who declined a £40 million move to Chelsea and decided to stay at Celtic.

Or Swedish striker Larson that left Celtic to Barcelona.

Or we could also add.
Wanyama
Van Dyke
Aluko
Tierney
A. Roberton
C.Adam
S.Petrov

Or we could go bang up to date, with the HEAR and NOW and talk about Celtic Striker Odsonne Edouard wanted by several EPL clubs including Arsenal, Everton and now Leeds.

Or we could talk about Alfredo Morelos, Glasgow Rangers wanted by Lille.

I wonder why some of the best clubs in the World are going to this failed league your words "Failed players from lower leagues in England and France"

Now go and look in the mirror at yourself and consider your words. What do you see, a wise man

Hopefully you would realise how impulsive and out of touch your words are. Now go and pour ice cold water on your head, your brain has over heated so as to kick start your brain to begin to work properly again.

After that have a coke and a smile grin grin grin

Wow see tears, dude if you are so hurt that I don't rate the Scottish league, please go hang your miserable self, I don't give a flying bleep.

Besides, you majorly talking about Celtic and Rangers, you ain't talking about the Scottish premier league in general.

By the way, were you not the same person that goes about denigrating the Turkish league tagging it a league of failed players and pensioners? Can you compare the number of quality players the Turkish league churn out every year to what we get from Scotland?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
komekn:

Did you see Lacazette consistent scoring record in French league over 3 seasons. It's absolutely excellent and you could say world class.

2014/15 - 33 games 27 goals
2915/16 - 34 games 21 goals
2016/17 - 30 games 28 goals

The next season he was in Arsenal after nearly €60 million transfer fee. His highest goal tally in the EPL so far is 14.

As everyone should know the EPL is the most competitive league in the World.

No striker has been able to leave French league and replicate his goal tally on arrival in the EPL.

Jimenez is not better than Lacazette, he is in a team that creates more chances for him and plays to his strengths. The time he spent in the Championship was very good training and prepared him for the EPL. Otherwise his career prior to joining Wolves was far from outstanding.

I thought I overheard you sometimes ago saying a player should be able to adopt to any team he finds himself and not the team playing to his strength?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
Edopesin:

Abeg Nwakali is already playing but he won't smell SE bench for a very long time

Iwobi on the other hand....

Oh , yes , he would play as soon as he can rack up some game time. It's gonna be a walk in the park simply for the fact that he is the most complete attacking midfielder in the horizon.

Now , finish up with your Iweobi comment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
mostob:
You sabi bully those days o. Oga Curtiaxel should be number 1. ..Lolz

The condition they kept Earthquake before he took to his heels to save what was left of his life grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
Melvinity:
Happy birthday Andy.. Long life and prosperity!

Thanks boss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
IDENNAA:

Oh , yes , he would play as soon as he can rack up some game time. It's gonna be a walk in the park simply for the fact that he is the most complete attacking midfielder in the horizon.

Now , finish up with your Iweobi comment

I'm going to pretend I didn't see the bolded

He couldn't even "rack up some game time" in segunda but you already see him displacing Iwobi that gets game time in the EPL cheesy

Misspelling his name doesn't change the fact that he will forever bench Nwakali if he doesn't sit up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
JayromWrites:

Dembele
Edouard
Wanyama
VVD
Tierney

All have one thing in common

CELTIC

Seems like Celtic is the only football club in Scotland, the rest are spectators (Rangers are trying though)

The Scottish league is piss poor imo

No serious young player should think of going there, unless it's Celtic

Leave the mumu make him dey advertise his foolishness. He even went as low as filling the whole place with screen shots of mere bogus transfer speculations that never come to fruition. Eduard to Arsenal, joke of the century

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
ChrisKels:

Leave the mumu make him dey advertise his foolishness. He even went as low as filling the whole place with screen shots of mere bogus transfer speculations that never come to fruition. Eduard to Arsenal, joke of the century

Bro,if you want to die of boredom,try watching a Scottish league game not involving Celtic or Rangers grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
ChrisKels:

Can't we just disagree in peace here

All na for love oh

If we win worldcup tomorrow, na all of us go party oh

Bia Chris, let us be civil.. I get it can be annoying, but let us keep it civil

PS: Ighalo Bleep up yesterday sha

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
Edopesin:

He couldn't even "rack up some game time" in segunda but you already see him displacing Iwobi that gets game time in the EPL cheesy

Misspelling his name doesn't change the fact that he will forever bench Nwakali if he doesn't sit up

In nwakalis defense he was NOT ELIGIBLE TO PLAY BECAUSE OF WORK PERMIT LAWS UNTILL FEBUARY. Spains work permit pappers take a long time and do his not playing was not his fault but that of spanish law. I am not saying he is the best but i am just pointing that out.

http://dailycannon.com/2020/02/kelechi-nwakali-work-permit-sorted-to-play-for-sd-huesca/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
Danielnino00:

Bro,if you want to die of boredom,try watching a Scottish league game not involving Celtic or Rangers grin

I would rather watch Warriors FC of Ohafia versus Obi-Mkpume boys of Isiala Ngwa than that yeye sunday-sunday league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ndidi and Tielemans against Man U grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
JayromWrites:

All na for love oh

Did you not see the crap he wrote? I don't give breads for stones, neither do I honey for red oil. I give as much as I get.

Sorry about that anyways

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
JayromWrites:

Man United fans globally have had enough of his misses, everybody is growing frustrated, to make matters worse, his miss yesterday culminated in costing United the win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
Philosopher1979:

In nwakalis defense he was NOT ELIGIBLE TO PLAY BECAUSE OF WORK PERMIT LAWS UNTILL FEBUARY. Spains work permit pappers take a long time and do his not playing was not his fault but that of spanish law. I am not saying he is the best but i am just pointing that out.

dailycannon. com/2020/02/kelechi-nwakali-work-permit-sorted-to-play-for-sd-huesca/

I'm sure you know how many games huesca played between February till the end of the season besides work permit didn't stop him while playing with Porto b where he was unimpressive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
JayromWrites:

All na for love oh

Abeg mention 3 man u players wey no Bleep up yesterday

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
Dem don dey lie on top "Man United fans globally" head to spite Ighalo

Desperate much

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
ChrisKels:

The condition they kept Earthquake before he took to his heels to save what was left of his life grin

Barrister Ipeama grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Thanks baba

Happy birthday bro

So Sorry this is coming late
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
Edopesin:
Dem don dey lie on top "Man United fans globally" head to spite Ighalo

Desperate much

You think Ighalo is a Man U material ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Thanks boss
Uwc bro... About iwobi, if u wan see his best game, get slaves with the stamina and work rate behind him.. Same goes for pogba too..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Tottenham is next stop for Victor after Napales.
Victor, the special one awaits

Victor better bring his A-game to Napoli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2020
Icon4s:

Barrister Ipeama grin

That's the charge and bail crew.

Honestly studying law many other proffesional courses in Naija is no longer worth it, especially if you ain't got connect, hunger go kill you, despite your credentials. U gotta be street wise to push through these days

By the way, I hate it when Igbos misspell the simplest of Igbo words.

It is ikpe not ipe

#Ikpeama
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2020
Melvinity:

Uwc bro... About iwobi, if u wan see his best game, get slaves with the stamina and work rate behind him.. Same goes for pogba too..

Hmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
Blueelf:

Happy birthday bro

So Sorry this is coming late

Bless you baba

I appreciate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
ChrisKels:

Man United fans globally have had enough of his misses, everybody is growing frustrated, to make matters worse, his miss yesterday culminated in costing United the win.
Boss, you see why is not advisable for any of our lads to venture into the epl when they aren't proven yet and or consistent? English people no get joy o.. They will become frustrated and then...... You no the end of the story

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
Edopesin:

I state again , Nwakali is the most complete Nigerian attacking MF in the horizon! There is none better!

Aribo is not an attacking MF
Azzeze is not an attacking MF
Eze is not Nigerian

So, who is better than an inform Nwakali

(1) (2) (3) ... (9031) (9032) (9033) (9034) (9035) (9036) (9037) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elunico, chuks404, Marjoribanks, komekn(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.