Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,305 members, 7,867,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11970374 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9050) (9051) (9052) (9053) (9054) (9055) (9056) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Dessers scored again by the way. Genk up 1-0.

Dessers is levels above the Belgian league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
ChrisKels:

I have never seen you calling out komekn for insulting others. What happened, are you so blind that you don't see his?

Maybe i skimmed through the posts and not noticed them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
kellycute:
I meant "lille". So you now agree that whatever post you made here are your "opinions" and doesn't necessarily mean a statement of fact. Then you need to stop forcing your nonsense opinion down our throat as "statement of fact". You haven't been able to prove that nacho pass the ball backward each time a defender shows up in front of him, which render your opinions a "lie".

As for the education talk, you think speaking or writing big jargon make you sound intelligent? You are delusional. Post your academic qualification, your GPA, let me post mine (with proof) from the greatest university of Benin. Let everyone see who gat the better GPA.. You are a "mumu" lol for telling me shit about educational gap. Ffucking idiot. I'll be coming over to UK soon, let meet up and see who is better. You aint no shit komekn. You cant even post a single picture of yourself and yet you want us to believe you have all the contact round Europe.

Komekn enough of the empty chest beating, here is a simple challenge, take it up to prove to us u ain't the dumb wannabe we all think you are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Look, I understand your fear and reservation. And sure, if he chooses England, we move on. No problem.

But you see, I am on top of this one. I am close to sources that tell me what is happening in the background. So worry not. Saka himself in the interview didn't commit to England. The Skysports interviewer(s) thought it would be a straight answer but the boy stunned them. Let time tell. I need not say more.

Respect Sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Maybe i skimmed through the posts and not noticed them.

Really? Make I hear word abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
elunico:

No
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
Onuachu should try basketball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
elunico:

Until he proves that in the Belgian league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yes My Special friend. Like how Man City lost Sancho too. wink

But shaa, Chelsea do have a fine record of "losing it". Salah, KDB are world class examples. No club is perfect.

If you bring Sancho to City now, I doubt he would start ahead of Sterling, Sane (who just left), Mahrez or even Bernardo Silva. However, we can't say the same of Boga and Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Why should people hate a player because of a guy in a faceless forum?

They shouldn't. Unfortunately that's how things work on this thread.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He hasn’t stop playing for SE , so it’s too early to say things doesn’t work out for him

The last time I checked he has 5 caps and 1 goals and not 20 caps
You're buttressing my point.

After the WC, how many games have we played that he didn't get invited. If I'm not mistaken, he was doing better for his club than Onuachu yet the other pole was at Afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
Real small boys? What's your proof? Is your basis for that not eye test? Do you have access to their birth certificates? If you can use eye test to estimate the age bracket of some of our players, others can use the same method to decide if our players are overaged. And while some may look older than their ages, others may look younger than their ages too. However since we don't have access to their original birth certificates-This may not be correct as well(birth certificates are still being completed with pen ink ), but i would rather use that instead of the Passport(you can get a passport without a certificate), for a crop of 23 players, if it looks obvious that 90% of them are overaged, you can be certain that it's very likely they are overaged, since people whose appearance belies their age are usually a small percent of the population. Meanwhile, for those people you mentioned, Mikel, Chidiebere e.t.c i am sure most people here do think they actually didn't lie about their ages, and if they did, it could be by a year or 2. So yes we do think most of our players are usually older than their youth level, and we our reasons are well justified, and that's not to embarass our players. One thing this pandemic has taught everyone is that, humans generally behave similarly everywhere. The major difference between Nigeria and these developed countries lies in the system in place. Their system works well in keeping residents in check. Until such a system is in place, youth coaches will continue to invite players that are overaged as long as they think they are the best(whether their choice is motivated by financial benefits is another thing).An under 17 coach meets an under 17 player he likes, he finds out the lad is 21.He tells him, 21 and 17 are not that different. grin. Just four years. Go get a passport that says you are 17. Who is gonna let such an opportunity pass by. This is just one scenario.
TheGoodJoe:

A failed system does not turn every Nigerians into criminals. The Nigerian law system is kn shambles but there are multitudes of law abiding citizens. Having a poor birth capture system does not automatically turn everyone to age cheats. As i said, you d not know. Stop claiming like you do.

I have gone to an Academy long before the MRI scan arrived and seen kids playing U17 tourneys. You will know they are using their real age.

Mikel went from Pepsi Academy to Plateau United and was clearly a snall boy plahing witb men.

Chidiebere and Kelechi Nwakali were real small boys in Academiies in Nigeria.

You don't have an idea what you are arguing.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
elunico:

League never start na, these ones are just friendly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
Atleast 20 goals or more he will tear the league apart
ChrisKels:

Until he proves that in the Belgian league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
sheyishemba:

I'll never be objective I'll keep on exposing their lies as it comes up ....it lord's works I'll keep on doing it ...imagine a shallow minded person saying nwakali agu( dean of carpenter department) will displace aribo someone who has never had a bad game for Nigeria we're criticizing komekn for hyping foreign another one is hyping home breed idenna (komekn Ibile)
Lmao Komekn Ibile grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
JayromWrites:

Like seriously.

I guess same thing happened in Zamfara and now kt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
ChrisKels:

Komekn enough of the empty chest beating, here is a simple challenge, take it up to prove to us u ain't the dumb wannabe we all think you are.
grin That flat chest is all he has, don't take it away from him. Let him beat that bony thing abeg, it entertains

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheOtherCitizen(f): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
elunico:

Dessers is pretty good. But it was a penalty.

Also, Genk are a very good side. Their opponents finished second last season and had the best defence.

So Dessers is getting good service.
Though Onuachu missed a one-on-one.

Account got banned.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
Danielnino00:

You are talking in the nonsense and the rubbish!

When it comes to our home grown players, any offer for them is mere rumours, but for your borough boys, you have every details of the deal!

Didn't you try to dismiss the Osimhen to Napoli news as mere rumours at the beginning? You said he would be heading to Newcastle

The worst type of liar is the one that believes his own lies. You could create a Lie and then you ascribe it to a person.

You make wild allegations this is bordering on mental health issues of delusion.

1. Please show were l said Victor transfer to Napoli is not true but just a mere rumour and l dismissed it as such please. Or you are a LIAR.

2. Our Home grown players - can you please state one not two just one. Our is a plural terminology and it's more reflective of ALL that means All home grown players. If you can't then you are a DOUBLE LIAR.

Finally, you can't use your self-birthed and self- deception based perception to make a deduction on a matter that is factual. An opinion is not a Lie it's an opinion. It is your prerogative to agree or disagree.

Thankfully, we are talking mere weeks ago so it should not be hard to find one post and do a screen shot . I CHALLENGE YOU.

But l know you will evade without shame like many other in this delusional camp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
Subzero047:

And Awaziem has not been outstanding? And who are you to differentiate between rumor and news?

It's my opinion, but it's not based on sentiments but taking all variables into consideration you them come to an informed inference.

You can have your opinion, quarrel no deh.

Awaziem by all accounts and standards has not been outstanding in La Liga. He has been essentially anonymous.

Good clubs don't buy underperforming players, it's common sense you buy players that will take you up not down.

And so in that context it's easy to see what's most likely media speculation and what's probably a rumour.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
ChrisKels:

Last two months on Sadiq's proposed move to Lille, you said until an offer is made, everything is a speculation but today it is no longer the same? grin

So tell me, since you now claiming that offers can be made without the public knowing, how then were you sure there was no offer for Umar that was kept from the public?

Oya take mic

Has Sadiq moved to Lille❓

Thats your answer, if he has then my opinion is very wrong if he has not. Same opinion l had on his move to Manchester United.

Sometimes you can use the common sense that is not always so common for some to decide what is true or not.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
Odunayaw:
You're buttressing my point.

After the WC, how many games have we played that he didn't get invited. If I'm not mistaken, he was doing better for his club than Onuachu yet the other pole was at Afcon

How many minutes has he play that you are already writing him off by saying things never worked out for him

So any forward that plays 5 games which is less than 90 minutes and he didn’t score much he should no longer be in the team ba ?

Continue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

How do you know? You don't know a thing about what goes on in local Academies in Nigeria. You are just ranting.

A good example is Chidiebere Nwakali that a lot of people who knew him from his hood could attest his young age.

You always try to claim like if your postulations are the holy grail.

I think age cheat is exaggerated.

But Nigerian academies support age cheat too. Yes, I'm sure , 100%

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
kellycute:
I meant "lille". So you now agree that whatever post you made here are your "opinions" and doesn't necessarily mean a statement of fact. Then you need to stop forcing your nonsense opinion down our throat as "statement of fact". You haven't been able to prove that nacho pass the ball backward each time a defender shows up in front of him, which render your opinions a "lie".

As for the education talk, you think speaking or writing big jargon make you sound intelligent? You are delusional. Post your academic qualification, your GPA, let me post mine (with proof) from the greatest university of Benin. Let everyone see who gat the better GPA.. You are a "mumu" lol for telling me shit about educational gap. Ffucking idiot. I'll be coming over to UK soon, let meet up and see who is better. You aint no shit komekn. You cant even post a single picture of yourself and yet you want us to believe you have all the contact round Europe.

Your ranting goes very deep.

What is eating you up so deeply, what's getting you so angry and boiled up with rancourous hostility and can I suggest HATRED.

Your vitriolic rhetoric is filled with self esteem issues. I really have no issue with you. But you do with me.

Maybe you should calm down you seem about to have a brain hemorrhage.

My self esteem is not on the floor that l need a faceless forum thousands of miles from me to find relevance.

For me this is light hearted fun and games.

I really think you need help, l will no longer engage with you. I have concerns for your Sanity health and well being.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
ChrisKels:

Komekn enough of th

e empty chest beating, here is a simple challenge, take it up to prove to us u ain't the dumb wannabe we all think you are.

You really are nice guy, a bit misplaced in your value you system.

What makes you think l need you to beat my chest and feel a sense of self worth.

Ha ha Lol grin grin grin grin

Have you had something to eat now ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Cool.
He's blending
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2020
Olulong:

Easy man, Take am easy.

U don know as people be for this thread

Na true sha

Its not just fair on the guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
jihday:
League never start na, these ones are just friendly

Please continue to remind them...even though I have high hopes for the lad. We shouldn't be in a hurry to open the gifts before Christmas day..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Really hopeful for him

Good news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yes My Special friend. Like how Man City lost Sancho too. wink

But shaa, Chelsea do have a fine record of "losing it". Salah, KDB are world class examples. No club is perfect.

Lol ,you should not be asking about that

There is no way sancho will start at city right now

It’s just like you are asking how did barca lost adama Traore
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
Blueelf:

Really hopeful for him

Good news

I don’t take all those friendly games serious even thou I know dessers will come good

I still wonder why he had to go to that league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2020
Isahalbash:

Like seriously!

Is he far from the truth Sir?

Please kindly enlighten us here

(1) (2) (3) ... (9050) (9051) (9052) (9053) (9054) (9055) (9056) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.