Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9056) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11970905 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9053) (9054) (9055) (9056) (9057) (9058) (9059) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2020
daveP:
His chances at Euros squad may be a big decider. Also Afcon is at the doorsteps too. It would be bad if he opts out and we hit gold.... Deep down, i suspect he personally wants SE. I suspect.

AFCON moving to January might just be what will turn him off...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2020
Isahalbash:

Blame govt and stop saying it is because they are christians..that's my point.

The same herdsmen have been killing people in muslim dominated areas nobody is saying it is because they are muslims or not.

Herdsmen have killed people in my states and it was not because they were christians but simply because they asked them to stop encroaching on their farmlands.

Herdsmen dont care which religion you practice.

I think you're right here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
Joe Aribo with another sublime goal for Rangers. Beautifully worked again with a player. This lad looks like he will be better this new season.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheOtherCitizen(f): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
Dele returns.

Dele Alampasu played all 90 mins today as his team won 3-2 against Chinonso Nnamdi Offor's RIGAS FS.

That's a big win as Rigas are one of the top 2 sides in Latvia.

Chinonso Nnamdi played all 90 also. And Christian Dumte Pyagbara played 18 mins as a second half sub.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
ChrisKels:

Until he proves that in the Belgian league

I don't think he'd face more difficult opponents in the Belgian league than he has already met at in the Dutch league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
David Okereke played for 74 mins while Dennis Bonaventure played the final 26 mins as Club Brugges beat Osimhen's former side, Lille OSC 2-0.

Usman Simbakoli started the game for Lille in Jersey #9.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:

Like One Jordan Ibe > Two Osimhens, right?

And all the crappier English talents that never brought any quality to the SE.

Honestly, the only thing these English boys has over Nigerian bred talent is opportunities and a working system. Nothing more!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:

Dessers is pretty good. But it was a penalty.

Also, Genk are a very good side. Their opponents finished second last season and had the best defence.

So Dessers is getting good service.
Though Onuachu missed a one-on-one.

Account got banned.

Oh, thanks for the clarification Theothercitizen.

I expect Dessers to put to good use the service he gets.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Isahalbash:

Blame govt and stop saying it is because they are christians..that's my point.

The same herdsmen have been killing people in muslim dominated areas nobody is saying it is because they are muslims or not.

Herdsmen have killed people in my states and it was not because they were christians but simply because they asked them to stop encroaching on their farmlands.

Herdsmen dont care which religion you practice.

People in Southern Kaduna have been targeted and killed for YEARS, I don't think any part of Kaduna has experienced this problem and that coincidentally is the only Christian population in the state, El Rufai has paid deaf ears to them and his sons openly mock them on twitter, they should be given the protection the rest of the state enjoys
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:
Joe Aribo

https://mobile.twitter.com/rangers_spare/status/1287076501817614337?p=v

Look at the space they leave in Scottish league

Hilarious grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheOtherCitizen(f): 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
Subzero047:

Look at the space they leave in Scottish league

Hilarious

It's a good goal. Coventry are the best team in League 1, just got promoted to Championship.

Can't remember the opponent but Aribo did this in one of our international friendlies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
IDENNAA:

Honestly, the only thing these English boys has over Nigerian bred talent is opportunities and a working system. Nothing more!

You are right but a lot of people on this forum will not want to hear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
andrewbaba44:

That guy is better than wolves but he might end up there because of good salary

What makes him better ❓

This is club that's essentially controlled by Super Agent Mendes it's almost a Portuguese club.

I don't think he is too good for Wolves because in reality l would not say there is any Portuguese club that is clearly better than Wolves currently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:

It's a good goal. Coventry are the best team in League 1, just got promoted to Championship.

Can't remember the opponent but Aribo did this in one of our international friendlies.

That was much tighter, he just walked into their six yard box grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheOtherCitizen(f): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
Roma want to sign Victor Moses whose contract with Chelsea expires next year.

Dude has 4 assists in 9 apps.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
Moses Simon also tasted action today for Nantes against Anderlecht. Friendly ended goalless.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
komekn:

What makes him better ❓

This is club that's essentially controlled by Super Agent Mendes it's almost a Portuguese club.

I don't think he is too good for Wolves because in reality l would not say there is any Portuguese club that is clearly better than Wolves currently.

He is better then wolves ,I don’t mean if he can’t play there thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. Napoli are in for Jeremie Boga. A bid of 25M€ + a player (Amin Younes) was rejected at first. Sassuolo value Boga at 40M€ and they like the idea of Younes in a part exchange + cash. Maybe an offer of 30m€ + Younes will make it happen. Napoli is keen on reaching a compromise with them shaa... And if they succeed in landing Boga, mehn... That would be extra lit. Time will tell. They play Sassuolo today and Boga will miss out due to minor injury I think.

If it's the same Boga that was at Chelsea but did not get opportunity the competition ahead was just too much.

Good to see him progressing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
Joebie:
'Osimhen could surpass Maradona'
By Football Italia staff

Nigerian football chief Amaju Pinnick claims Victor Osimhen has what it takes ‘to match and even break the records’ Diego Maradona set at Napoli.

Osimhen is in the process of finalising his record-breaking move to Napoli from Lille, and Pinnick believes the Partenopei are ‘the right club’ for his countryman to realise his potential.

“I think Victor Osimhen is an excellent signing for Napoli,” he told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“I’ve followed them from when they had Diego Armando Maradona. Naples is a proud city and also in football terms.

“Osimhen’s a source of pride of African football. He’s someone who is disciplined but focused on objectives, and if he wants something, he knows how to get it.

“He made the right decision for his career. I already believe he’ll receive the right support from the club and its fans.

“Napoli are the right club for him to achieve important results, and Osimhen will always give his best.

“I’ll say it now: Victor will do everything possible to match and even break the records set by a legend like Maradona.

“I talked Victor just a few minutes ago: he’s very excited about his new experience and new club.

“Napoli is a big name in world football. It’ll be a new challenge for him and he told me: ‘President, I’ll make Naples proud.’

“If he gets the right support, I guarantee he’ll stick to his word and make you all proud. Believe in him and he’ll help the team achieve their objectives.

“I’ll come to Naples next season to watch some of their games. Osimhen is young and could stay at Napoli for a long time.

“As I already said, he’ll be playing for a great team and his quality justifies the investment made by Napoli, who believe in Victor’s huge potential.

“We’re talking about a player who won the [U-17] World Cup in Chile in 2016. I’ve already wished him all the best.

“I’ve already been to Naples with my wife on a cruise when I was younger. I really like the city, which I had the pleasure of visiting but only for a short time.

“I’ll be happy to come back and attend Napoli’s matches.”
Dries Mertens already surpassed Maradona's record in Napoli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
Victor Moses in action for Inter Milan. He started. It's halftime and Inter leads 1-0 away at Genoa.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
benji93:
The statement that if 90% of a crop of players look overaged then it's very likely they are overaged is based on experience. We know how we look. Situations where players look younger/older than their age happen but it's an outlier. You can't base your statements on outliers. If you are one day older than 17 you would be lying if you featured in an under 17 tournament. 21 is at least 4 years older than 16/17 and that's definitely too much. If a player is 17 you should normally be able to tell with an error of at most 2 years. Chidera Ezeh while he played for under 17 looked 17, no question. Now he could have been older, perhaps he had a baby face, and structure. That was the only player i could tell he's 17 barring a situations whereby he was an outlier-i don't remember any other. The others looked at least 20. It's the same reason why we know the players have been a lot younger over the last 7 years or so. Although that's mostly cos MRI forced it. So going as far as 21 is too much.

Who looked twenty? Was it Okon, Nacho, Success or Awoniyi? Was it Musa Yahaya or Chidebere Nwakali or was it Musa Mohammed?

Those guys were young and looked U17. The so called 90% is not true.

The overage matter is overblown.

Finito.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
Philosopher1979:

You are right but a lot of people on this forum will not want to hear.

By now, you would think Iwobi would have became a domineering force in the midfield, but every time we insert the boy in that position we always struggle. All he leaves us with are little flashes of brilliance here and there. These English boys brings nothing to the table that dont already have.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:
Nigerians really genuflect for foreign born players. Ejuke, Moses Simon better players but most folks tweaking their lineup to fit in Saka.

Easily triggered fanbase.

Genuflect? Wow! That's a new one to me, I gotta admit. But, I ain't too keen on Saka, we are currently blessed on the wings, so the eagle flies with no hitches.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
kellycute:
nothing suprise me anymore when is come to komekn and his 5 naira praise singers. When he start giving out unsolicited info about himself just to feel relevant, I always shake my head. Komekn insult people but nobody call him out. He tag whoever that doesn't support his opinions as "delusional or super delusional" . The word "delusional" sound so nice to their ears which make it hard for their brain to interpret it as "insult", but when I use less fancy word like "you are mad/idiot ", they will gather themselves like ants and call me out in a condescending manner. What's the different between "delusional" and "idiot"?. Calling someone delusional is way out of line. He is directly saying that they have psychotic disorder or they are totally insane just because they don't agree to his opinion. Who make his opinion or proposition a "standard" to measure the credibility and accuracy of other people opinions.

His 5 naira praise singer and supporters gave him that impression that's why he is going about naked like a 5 years old kid calling people derogatory names such as delusional, bitterleaf soup merchant, super delusional etc.

As for those people who have eyes and brain but have decided never to make use of it just because they want to be in komekn's good book. They should continue. Soon enough, lamarck "theory of use and disuse" will do the lord's work since they refused to allowed physiological function of their eyes and brain. They have eyes, they can not see his "insult", they have brain but can not reason with it. I'm out.

Don't feel bad for being called out. Nothing personal. It is just to make you not lose track and just stick to the point.

Maybe we should also spend more time correcting Komekn. However, just try to make your point and resist the urge to abuse even when offended or abused.

Cheers Bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2020
komekn, I must say you come out with a condescending tone a lot of times. Sometimes your words sound elitist and upper class.

Also you take shots at others' intelligence when you disagree with them.

Try to limit it and express your points without trying to run down others. With time, we will learn to understand each other and relate better.

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:
Nigerians really genuflect for foreign born players. Ejuke, Moses Simon better players but most folks tweaking their lineup to fit in Saka.

Easily triggered fanbase.

For real. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
Isahalbash:

Simple question: are those people killed in zamfara and katsina killed because they are christians?

Why always using the "christian" tag ?

I've lived in Kano for a little while, crisis pursue us comot, we were Christians, that was what made us victims, one of my aunts was almost killed after someone accused her of blasphemy, it was a miracle she escaped.

I've been to Zaria a couple of times, Niger too, never been to Southern Kaduna, but anyone who has would know that is dominated by Christians and that's where killings have been going on inhabited even while on curfew, this is crazy. Even though I'm not home now, I still try as much as I can to keep myself updated on happenings, and it's heartbreaking what going on, the president is a retired General for fvck's sake.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 7:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. Napoli are in for Jeremie Boga. A bid of 25M€ + a player (Amin Younes) was rejected at first. Sassuolo value Boga at 40M€ and they like the idea of Younes in a part exchange + cash. Maybe an offer of 30m€ + Younes will make it happen. Napoli is keen on reaching a compromise with them shaa... And if they succeed in landing Boga, mehn... That would be extra lit. Time will tell. They play Sassuolo today and Boga will miss out due to minor injury I think.

Boga is a tremendous talent. Good to see an African brother doing so well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
kellycute:
nothing suprise me anymore when is come to komekn and his 5 naira praise singers. When he start giving out unsolicited info about himself just to feel relevant, I always shake my head. Komekn insult people but nobody call him out. He tag whoever that doesn't support his opinions as "delusional or super delusional" . The word "delusional" sound so nice to their ears which make it hard for their brain to interpret it as "insult", but when I use less fancy word like "you are mad/idiot ", they will gather themselves like ants and call me out in a condescending manner. What's the different between "delusional" and "idiot"?. Calling someone delusional is way out of line. He is directly saying that they have psychotic disorder or they are totally insane just because they don't agree to his opinion. Who make his opinion or proposition a "standard" to measure the credibility and accuracy of other people opinions.

His 5 naira praise singer and supporters gave him that impression that's why he is going about naked like a 5 years old kid calling people derogatory names such as delusional, bitterleaf soup merchant, super delusional etc.

As for those people who have eyes and brain but have decided never to make use of it just because they want to be in komekn's good book. They should continue. Soon enough, lamarck "theory of use and disuse" will do the lord's work since they refused to allowed physiological function of their eyes and brain. They have eyes, they can not see his "insult", they have brain but can not reason with it. I'm out.

Swears!!

No bro, you can't leave bkus of the simp. That would amount to getting his denseness glorified. He ain't worth getting you riled up, we already know his mission here and how insecure he feels.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
IDENNAA:

We all missed Karl Ikeme, didn't we.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
IDENNAA:

Kpom.

Most of them would end up in Onitsha main market, if they were born in Nigeria and they chose football as a profession. Bros respect any footballer who makes it from Africa, e no easy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9053) (9054) (9055) (9056) (9057) (9058) (9059) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.