Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,819 members, 7,862,710 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11942444 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9080) (9081) (9082) (9083) (9084) (9085) (9086) ... (16354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Really? Where did the name Samu come from? The already gave him a nickname tey tey.

No be that kind unavailable. He doesn't fraternize with his teammates owing to his inability to speak Spanish.
oh! I understand now.I thought it was on-field kind of.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2020
He should join club Brugge already,

all the infor about other english Clubs, are just suggestions

but make we see sha

TheSuperNerd:
On Bright Osayi Samuel's transfer options: More speculations

REPORT: WEST BROM COULD HIJACK £5M DEAL FOR CHAMPIONSHIP STAR WITH ‘BLISTERING’ PACE

The champions of Belgium might have had a bid accepted for one of the fastest players in England’s second tier, but that does not mean the former Blackpool starlet is destined to play Champions League football in 2020/21.

As West London Sport pointed out last week, Osayi-Samuel has some doubts about moving to Brugge despite, to quote a raging Ralph Fiennes, ‘all those canals and bridges and cobbled streets and those churches, all that beautiful ******* fairytale stuff’.

And he is not short of alternative offers either.

West Brom have been watching and admiring Osayi-Samuel since January.

And, now that the Baggies have boinged their way back into the Premier League after securing automatic promotion in a ‘fairytale’ of their own, The Sun suggests that an eleventh hour bid could be on the cards.

Burnley could also offer the jet-heeled 22-year-old a chance in the top-flight, though Bournemouth’s hopes have surely been hit hard by their heartbreaking relegation on Sunday.

Brentford are another of Osayi-Samuel’s suitors. But after a 1-0 first-leg defeat to Swansea City in the play-offs, the Bees are just 90 minutes away from joining Bournemouth in the Championship next season.

“I’m not sure many teams have that blistering pace. As long as he knows how to use it and that’s the key for him learning the game,” QPR boss Mark Warburton told the Kilburn Times in January after Osayi-Samuel inspired a 6-1 thrashing of Cardiff City.

“He’s working so hard. He’s got that sheer pace which terrifies defenders and when he uses it wisely like he did today he looks a real handful.”

Source: HITC

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2020
Joebie:
3 Goalkeepers Maduka Okoye must outwit to become Sparta Rotterdam's #1
2. Michael Fabrie
Made Rotterdam's bench 24 times in the Eredivisie. Was only in action for their U21 team which featured in Dutch third tier.
Looks like real threat

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheOtherCitizen(f): 11:12am On Jul 28, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Man, Keita not quality?

One of the most gifted central midfielder in the world not quality? Dude.

Virgil van Dijk: “I think Naby Keita is world class if I’m absolutely honest. I see the moments where he has the ball, the smart moves and his intelligence, it’s just incredible to see and I’m very happy for him.”

HITC confirms that Osimhen is one of David Moyes transfer target but West Ham cannot afford the player.

West Ham!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 11:14am On Jul 28, 2020
daveP:
grin

Elyte89, na your spec be this o.....

Can't you beer parlour analyst ever move on and stop holding firmly to what could have been ? Why not be contented with your Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeeeeeeeeeeee London brought up Daddy Shockey and Pig mouth Iheanacho nacho better than Kylian Mbappe or Henry Onyekuru intelligent than Mahrez!!!! People have choices and it's there whole choice who they choose to turn out for.

Now all you beer parlour Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeeeeeeeeeeee drunks are here laughing about them 3 that have been relegated but when I come to preach the gospel of how Pig mouth is a certified Gold flop and Isaac the Beast success is a confirmed Waste man , y'all will begin feeding me with your salty tears not minding I have a low threshold for salt in my system.

Long may be the woes of all overage below average Nigerian players continue. Did Pigmouth top the scoring charts ? I thought that BaldJoe said with Rodgers , he is the hybrid of Messi and Ronaldo ? Clowns !!! Lord , may their cries and gnashing of Teeth last for 600 years

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2020
Afobear:

Can't you beer parlour analyst ever move on and stop holding firmly to what could have been ? Why not be contented with your Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeeeeeeeeeeee London brought up Daddy Shockey and Pig mouth Iheanacho nacho better than Kylian Mbappe or Henry Onyekuru intelligent than Mahrez!!!! People have choices and it's there whole choice who they choose to turn out for.

Now all you beer parlour Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeeeeeeeeeeee drunks are here laughing about them 3 that have been relegated but when I come to preach the gospel of how Pig mouth is a certified Gold flop and Isaac the Beast success is a confirmed Waste man , y'all will begin feeding me with your salty tears not minding I have a low threshold for salt in my system.

Long may be the woes of all overage below average Nigerian players continue. Did Pigmouth top the scoring charts ? I thought that BaldJoe said with Rodgers , he is the hybrid of Messi and Ronaldo ? Clowns !!! Lord , may their cries and gnashing of Teeth last for 600 years
afor umu anumanu grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2020
I don tire for the guy. The guy needs a top 5 league. He has conquered all the other top 10 leagues (turkey and Belgium). He needs to move to world class

TheSuperNerd:
This could just be it for Henry. But will Monaco accept? That's the problem. Also, Henry's personal terms with Sassuolo will determine things.

Good thing Sassuolo are looking his way ahead of a possible Boga departure to Napoli most likely.

Really hoping Henry can get back to his best in the new season and prove himself in a top 5 league either in Italy if this move is realised or in France with Monaco if he eventually stays. I think with a new coach in Niko Kovac, Henry has a chance to really prove himself and get a chance this new season. Time will tell.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:59am On Jul 28, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:

Virgil van Dijk: “I think Naby Keita is world class if I’m absolutely honest. I see the moments where he has the ball, the smart moves and his intelligence, it’s just incredible to see and I’m very happy for him.”

HITC confirms that Osimhen is one of David Moyes transfer target but West Ham cannot afford the player.

West Ham!

Keita is good but not world class

Injuries has really disturb his progress ,Bayern fought so hard to get him before he joined Liverpool ,that should tell us a lot

You don’t expect VVD not to speak so good of his teammates ,he will even tell you lallana is world class

We know all the world class players at Liverpool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
Philosopher1979:
I don tire for the guy. The guy needs a top 5 league. He has conquered all the other top 10 leagues (turkey and Belgium). He needs to move to world class

He is in a top 5 league already and sassuolo is also in a top 5 league

I hope he doesn’t go to turkey again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Keita is good but not world class

Injuries has really disturb his progress ,Bayern fought so hard to get him before he joined Liverpool ,that should tell us a lot

You don’t expect VVD not to speak so good of his teammates ,he will even tell you lallana is world class

We know all the world class players at Liverpool

Did you watch their game against Chelsea?

Without the goal, he was the best player.

With the goal, he was the best player.

Probably not world-class yet. But one of the most gifted central midfielder in the world. It's a pity that he plays for a country like Guinea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today - July 28

Serie A

Victor Moses (Inter Milan) vs SSC Napoli - Home game.

Swiss Super League

Simon Sohm and **Tosin Aiyegun (FC Zurich) vs FC Sion - Home game.

Club Friendlies

Rabiu Ibrahim and Ezekiel Henty (Slovan Bratislava) vs Fehérvár

Matthew Yakubu, GK (SKF Sered) vs FC Slovan Galanta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
daveP:
grin

Elyte89, na your spec be this o.....
4 sef, Arnaut Danjuma

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:

I can confirm that this is false.

This is the person who broke the news yesterday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SqenfFoot/status/1287819395016855552?p=v

Italian Serie A side Sassuolo says there is no truth in reports linking them with a move for Monaco Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru.

Reports has it that the Serie A side have offered €9 million for the wing forward who spent the second half of last season on loan to Galatasaray from Monaco.

“On Onyekuru there’s nothing about him from Sassuolo. I know of players who were scouted by the team and he isn’t among”

OWNGOALNIGERIA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
C-B Tips Stars Update

Tammy Abraham: "Timo Warner first training is something that makes me feel like we are in for a good time with Chelsea next season . The way he strikes the ball towards goals is inspiring. He hardly misses the target. I see close margins between the top six Premier league teams next season. Just by looking at him you feel like a League Champion already"

Bench will hit him so hard next season if he doesn't get back on his feet

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Did you watch their game against Chelsea?

Without the goal, he was the best player.

With the goal, he was the best player.

Probably not world-class yet. But one of the most gifted central midfielder in the world. It's a pity that he plays for a country like Guinea.

You see where I said he was good ,I followed him from his Leipzig days and I do wonder why Bayern was so serious for him till I watch his games ,no thanks to injury that has affected naby Keita

Playing for guinea means nothing ,playing for a crappy Gabon team didn’t stop auba from winnin the african player of the year
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You see where I said he was good ,I followed him from his Leipzig days and I do wonder why Bayern was so serious for him till I watch his games ,no thanks to injury that has affected naby Keita

Playing for guinea means nothing ,playing for a crappy Gabon team didn’t stop auba from winnin the african player of the year

It was club football that made Auba win it not national team football

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
On Taribo West... Back in time grin
'you are not welcome in my church' [left][/left]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:

It was club football that made Auba win it not national team football

Same thing I am saying

That’s why I said playing guinea doesn’t matter,same goes to kanoute and some few others
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
JayromWrites:

I guess blacks are angelic

While Blacks are actually the most racist people in the world(imo)

I remember back then in Sec school, we had a mate from China.. The scorn, names and laughters that girl got made her leave the school in less than a month

I know blacks pass through alot in the west, marginalized, inhumanized and all that

But i also know blacks will do worse if given the opportunity

See how we treat each other because of we speak different languages..

Then imagine how we treated Ghanaians...

Abeggy!! You racist

Lets start with your place of residence. Tell us where you currently live and your associations with white people.

Sometimes, its better to keep quiet or better still ask questions and learn. I have been in the white man system for well over a decade and I have first hand experience of the institutionalized systematic racism not the little stupid high school scorn. I am talking about the holistic racial prejudice that has held people in poverty for over 400 years.

Meanwhile, what happening between Nigeria and Ghana is nothing more than ignorance taken too far. Nigeria and Ghana are not at war. So, dont compare apples and oranges. I am not saying blacks cant be racists but in these situation we are victims.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
Left back, Chima Okoroji joins recently relegated Bundesliga side and now Bundesliga 2 side, SC Paderborn07 on a one year loan from parent club SC Freiburg for the 2020/2021 season.

He was on loan at Regensburg last season also in Bundesliga 2.

Could Jamilu Collins be on his way out?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

It takes a genius to do what he did to get people critiquing Leicester City for not qualifying ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United.

Considering the limited budget his team are paupers compared to all the teams above and even immediately below them in terms of expenditure. Add to that players including those that were core players in the that were injured.

Leicester have in my opinion OVER ACHIEVED and Brendan Rogers is a miracle worker.

And all this nonsensical calling out of Brendan because he did not play KC is totally uncalled for and shows a total lack of appreciation.

Brendan has done way more for KC than any other previous manager at Leicester. And in a sense brought some life to a career that was close to comatose.

Well done Brendan Rogers excellent quality manager.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Left back, Chima Okoroji joins recently relegated Bundesliga side and now Bundesliga 2 side, SC Paderborn07 on a one year loan from parent club SC Freiburg for the 2020/2021 season.

Watch how some of them will prefer this one in the eagles than jamilu Collins they always insult grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
Promoted Nwakali dreams of Super Eagles invitation, move to Barcelona

Former Nigeria U-17 national team captain, Kelechi Nwakali, still dreams of taking his game to the highest level.The 2015 U-17 World Cup winner just started playing regularly in Europe five years after leading Nigeria to the title in Chile.

While his mates like Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen, are commanding rave reviews in Europe, Nwakali just gained promotion to the Spanish La Liga from the second division with Huesca. It has not been the type of career many pundits predicted for the lad when he became the best U-17 player in the world in 2015.

But now that his career seems to be stepping up, he does not want to let go.Nwakali wants to return to the international scene with the Super Eagles, while working hard to attract the attention of his dream club, FC Barcelona.

Speaking at the weekend, Nwakali said he is now ready for the Super Eagles, adding that Huesca’s promotion has now given him the opportunity to play against the big boys once again.

He noted that playing football in the top league has been his career aspiration as a young footballer, saying, “I am delighted that my club has gained promotion to the Spanish La Liga. It was not easy for my team at the second division because of the quality of teams at that level.

“I was only able to play in five games because I had Spanish visa issues. My focus now is to work hard to play regularly when the league resumes.” Nwakali, who has watched over the years as his mates, Chukwueze and Osimhen have cemented their positions in the Super Eagles team, believes it is only a matter of time before he joins them.

“I believe when Coach Gernot Rohr needs me, he will invite me. I speak with him at times and I know my time will soon come.

“I am delighted that my team mates, Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze are doing well in Super Eagles. My aspiration is to join them in the team. They understand my kind of play and we connect very well on the pitch,” he said. Nwakali also revealed that his childhood desire is to play for Barcelona FC some day.

"I have always hoped to play for Barcelona FC some day as a young footballer. But in life, you must start somewhere to achieve your dream. I am delighted that I am now a player in the Spanish top league.

“Giving my best to my club remains the priority now. As a young footballer, I aspire to play like Kanu Nwankwo and Yaya Toure because I fancy their style of play.”

In the current Super Eagles team, Nwakali picks Oghenekaro Etebo as his ideal player, saying, “His dedication and commitment to national team duties delights me. My stay under Coach Emmanuel Amuneke in the Golden Eaglets team has prepared me for everything I am facing now in my career.”

Guardian
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2020
Afobear:

I don laugh tire cheesy grin grin. London brought up Daddy showkey killed me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
IDENNAA:

Lets start with your place of residence. Tell us where you currently live and your associations with white people.

Sometimes, its better to keep quiet or better still ask questions and learn. I have been in the white man system for well over a decade and I have first hand experience of the institutionalized systematic racism not the little stupid high school scorn. I am talking about the holistic racial prejudice that has held people in poverty for over 400 years.

Meanwhile, what happening between Nigeria and Ghana is nothing more than ignorance taken too far. Nigeria and Ghana are not at war. So, dont compare apples and oranges. I am not saying blacks cant be racists but in these situation we are victims.

You might have lived a thousand years in Jand

It doesn't change the fact that your opinion of rohr reeks of racism

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Edopesin:
Promoted Nwakali dreams of Super Eagles invitation, move to Barcelona

Former Nigeria U-17 national team captain, Kelechi Nwakali, still dreams of taking his game to the highest level.The 2015 U-17 World Cup winner just started playing regularly in Europe five years after leading Nigeria to the title in Chile.

While his mates like Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen, are commanding rave reviews in Europe, Nwakali just gained promotion to the Spanish La Liga from the second division with Huesca. It has not been the type of career many pundits predicted for the lad when he became the best U-17 player in the world in 2015.

But now that his career seems to be stepping up, he does not want to let go.Nwakali wants to return to the international scene with the Super Eagles, while working hard to attract the attention of his dream club, FC Barcelona.

Speaking at the weekend, Nwakali said he is now ready for the Super Eagles, adding that Huesca’s promotion has now given him the opportunity to play against the big boys once again.

He noted that playing football in the top league has been his career aspiration as a young footballer, saying, “I am delighted that my club has gained promotion to the Spanish La Liga. It was not easy for my team at the second division because of the quality of teams at that level.

“I was only able to play in five games because I had Spanish visa issues. My focus now is to work hard to play regularly when the league resumes.” Nwakali, who has watched over the years as his mates, Chukwueze and Osimhen have cemented their positions in the Super Eagles team, believes it is only a matter of time before he joins them.

“I believe when Coach Gernot Rohr needs me, he will invite me. I speak with him at times and I know my time will soon come.

“I am delighted that my team mates, Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze are doing well in Super Eagles. My aspiration is to join them in the team. They understand my kind of play and we connect very well on the pitch,” he said. Nwakali also revealed that his childhood desire is to play for Barcelona FC some day.

"I have always hoped to play for Barcelona FC some day as a young footballer. But in life, you must start somewhere to achieve your dream. I am delighted that I am now a player in the Spanish top league.

“Giving my best to my club remains the priority now. As a young footballer, I aspire to play like Kanu Nwankwo and Yaya Toure because I fancy their style of play.”

In the current Super Eagles team, Nwakali picks Oghenekaro Etebo as his ideal player, saying, “His dedication and commitment to national team duties delights me. My stay under Coach Emmanuel Amuneke in the Golden Eaglets team has prepared me for everything I am facing now in my career.”

Guardian

Food is served
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Another softy on the horizon grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
This Ejuke is so full of confidence...the best thing since slice bread cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Maintain this same energy when u are talking about other players.

I have known Tega Onomah since he was 15, l have been at his training sessions when Ehiogu, Ramsey and Ferdinand were the U18 coaches at Tottenham.

RIP Ehiogu miss him sorely wonderful straightforward and honest guy.

I cannot count the games l watched him play youth and senior and other instances, so when l talk about him l talk from stand point of knowledge. Not just sentiment.

If you go back way back l talked about him being the best Nigerian origin midfielder in the UK.

However, he lost his way and so l stopped talking about him as a prospect. I could have talked about his knee injury and surgery, the mental pain and anguish of bias at Tottenham with Harry Winks being put ahead of him. A club he had spent the larger part of his life. There are many other situations.

But I did not. Because in football your personal circumstances are irrelevant, injury, whether you had hard start in life, abandoned by your parents, etc. Football clubs talk about the HERE and NOW. I did not talk about his past glories and there are many.

However, things have changed he has upped his game getting back to the levels expected. So much so Tottenham regret not putting a buy back clause on him.

You should know by now l talk about players in objectivity not in sentimentality. And to do that you have to have looked at a player in depth or at least to good degree. But not in isolation but in the context of comparison by expected standard.

So you should not expect me to have the same knowledge, understanding and or insight with all players. Energy is not the issue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
Joebie:
"...the skill, the touch, the strength, and the calmness in front of that goal. And what a finish that is from a player in unbelievable form! "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLGfYJ-AeA

Where is that man that needs to see optician that said he lacks technical ability, is not EPL standard and has done nothing in the game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
Demoted German Bundesliga club SC Paderborn have announced the signing of Chima Okoroji.

The 23-year-old fullback has joined SC Paderborn on a season-long loan from SC Freiburg, where he has spent the last two years of his career.

Born in Germany to an English mother and Nigerian father, Okoroji was called up to a Nigeria U23 training camp in December 2014.

Prior to his move to SC Freiburg, he represented the youth teams of Bayern Munich (2004-2014) and FC Augsburg (2015-2016).

In his first words as a player of SC Paderborn, Okoroji told the club's official website : "I have had numerous conversations with interested clubs.

"The SC Paderborn 07 took great care of me, the concept of the club absolutely convinced me. That's why I chose Paderborn".

For the upcoming 2020-2021 season, Okoroji, who spent time on loan at Jahn Regensburg last term, has been allocated the number 36 jersey.

He links up with Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins at SC Paderborn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
Bolowolowo:
It seems that Osimhen is going for 50 million Euros plus add ons.

I just knew that 81 million Euros for someone with 13 league goals was too good to be true. Congrats to the lad nonetheless.

Personally having that kind of price tag comes with WAY TOO MUCH EXPECTATION that's almost impossible to meet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9080) (9081) (9082) (9083) (9084) (9085) (9086) ... (16354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jolly94, kellycute(m), Philosopher1979, DrYa and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.