Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752562 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9134) (9135) (9136) (9137) (9138) (9139) (9140) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2020
mostob:
issoright. The same way I was about to remind you of how you bragged about beating arsenal.
To be honest, Chelsea might win EPL next season if other top 4 clubs make no big signing.

Lol

With a defence of God Will Help Us, Amen

Funniest post of August and it's just 3rd of August
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:34am On Aug 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Well klopp never achieve wetin mourinho don achieve but why you go call am small boy as if you no see people like poch and co

Mourinho was in the game before Guardiola but we all know who have more achievement and who is more rated

I rest my case
lol I no talk say Klopp Na small boy, everybody know say na good coach, great one self

Wetin I dey try talk be say as at now, as far as football is concerned, Klopp Na small boy to Mourinho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:35am On Aug 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Arguement follow for everything nah

You said he isn’t better than maja,I think that was what lead to my arguement

Sorry how do you mean? @thebolded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 9:38am On Aug 03, 2020
The perfect fit

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:39am On Aug 03, 2020
Neobulletzz:
lol I no talk say Klopp Na small boy, everybody know say na good coach, great one self

Wetin I dey try talk be say as at now, as far as football is concerned, Klopp Na small boy to Mourinho

Alright
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:40am On Aug 03, 2020
mostob:
issoright. The same way I was about to remind you of how you bragged about beating arsenal.
To be honest, Chelsea might win EPL next season if other top 4 clubs make no big signing.

With zouma and rudiger? Continue

Even Johnny Evans and soynucu pair are better than those carpenters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2020
jihday:
Dessers have denied rumours that he want to dump Nigeria for Belgium. http://aoifootball.com/2020/08/02/im-committed-to-playing-nigeria-says-dessers/

For those who always tend to believe everything and anything

What. A. Man. He's actually more Belgian than Nigerian.

He usually tweets only in Dutch. But after a Nigerian complained, he started tweeting in English.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vantope22/status/1282632574351941633?p=v

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Lol Wetin person no go read for here

Farke is better than Mourinho, na wa

You even open mouth dey talk putting Klopp in the same pedestal as Mourinho is an insult to Klopp legacy

Omo you funny ooo when Klopp never build the legacy wey Mourinho don build for football

Oga take it or leave it, Klopp na small boy where Mourinho dey as far as football is concerned

You guys are always fond of missing the context of discussions.

The context is with respect to tactical play. Let me start with Bleacher Report's take on Guardiola and Mourinho.

Not only does Pep Guardiola have a better success ratio, his football philosophy is infinitely more attractive than José Mourinho's.

The Portuguese manager is famous for "winning ugly" with teams built on defensive solidity; he doesn't mind sacrificing entertainment for success.

Pep Guardiola is the polar opposite. As soon as he became FC Barcelona's manager, he made the club play the most beautiful football the sport had seen in decades. Fans and pundits alike have nothing but praise for Pep Guardiola's brand of football, which made Barcelona the most popular football club in the world.

Everyone wants to play like Pep Guardiola's Barcelona.

Not only does Pep Guardiola win, he wins in style. The same can't be said about José Mourinho.

Now let us reference Eto'o, a man who won the Champions League under both managers.

"As a coach, Pep prepares games like nobody else. How he coached us in 2009 was incredible, his way of seeing attacking football, control, having the ball, rondos, Pep was the best at that.

"They are specific techniques for those of us who love good football. For me, football is feeling like you're in a theatre, and seeing tiki-taka, passing the ball, it's not the only way to win but its special. It's Pep's way."

Mou is a top guy. The other thing is that he only cares about the result. It's his way of seeing football and in that sense he is the No. 1. Beating him at his game is impossible, you can never beat him.

From the above assertions, you can see Pep is about the display. And beautiful brand of display is where you get the tactical motifs. Mourinho is about the result and not tactical display.

Where people miss it is that it takes a lot of work and hard process to achieve the brilliant tactical display. Mourinho is not adept in it. Hardly cares for it. I believe it is slowly dying and if you watch the dynamics of the game from Hassenhuttl to Rodgers, with Scott Parker and Graham Potter, these coaches are working towards tactical dominance and Mourinho is still trapped in the old ways of things.

In this respect, Mourinho can not be placed above the tactical minds growing in the game.

cc: Provoker, Danielnino00
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2020
Oluislong:

So sad, for a very talented player. See what Making that one wrong move to Everton has caused to his career.

He seems eager to stay at Monaco, hopefully Kovac gives him a chance. And to think Moreno wanted him at Monaco only for him to be sacked. He's just so unlucky

Don't think the Everton move was wrong, just unlucky not to get a permit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:54am On Aug 03, 2020
That Josip Ilicic news is fake news, posted this pic of him and wife yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2020
komekn:

Is is not, it's very common practice players exchange, perfomance related increments, etc.

The only thing that's unusual but not surprising is HERE people are adding it all together futuristic and otherwise as well as Inter related costings to say he is the most expensive transfer in Africa.

In general when transfers are made we talk about the transfer fee alone in isolation not the additions.

So in the table we have one set of measurements unique to Victor but then use the standard stand alone transfer fee for everyone else. It's very understandable practice here.

For me the transfer fee is irrelevant but more reasonable taken alone. And that means the expectations will not be OVER THE TOP for such a young player with a lot to learn.

Because if he doesn't hit the ground running and or he doesn't perform to the expectations of a top striker. Very quickly the narrative will change here like camelions.

In my opinion if he can score 15/16 goals in Seria A this season he would have done very well. However, I fear the expectations for him here are over the top ( top goal scorer in Seria A) as well as with Napoli, but not as much, Napoli will be very satisfied with 20+ I think.

I hope he does well and builds his career even more than all expectations.

@first bolded... Always the subtle one quick to water down truth. So the BBC, L'equipe, B/R Football, Gianluca Di Marzio and even ADL himself are the people HERE on this thread abi??!! BBC confirmed he is indeed Africa's costliest signing. BBC is of England mister, where you claim to be based so maybe they are now not credible for saying so. Not so? grin

@second bolded... The only really reasonable thing you said here as I know your so-called wishes for Osimhen typed later on are just to gauge against future references to your many gaffes and bad raps on the lad. Now you wish him well... Lol. You will be the first to call him out if things go south but thankfully, I am very sure they won't. The lad will definitely shine in Italy.

And truly this is not about the transfer fee but about the player. The fee won't play ball on the pitch, neither will the bonuses or the tag of Africa's costliest player. It is Osimhen who will play.

I strongly suggest we stop talking too much about a transfer fee that has already been confirmed by ADL to be >80M and focus on more important things like how he will settle in Italy. The more we discuss this, the more it seems like the transfer fee is more important than the player himself and that is wrong! I will only discuss this one last time in details just to set the records straight coz it seems like there are some here who are low-key NOT COOL with Osimhen being referred to as Africa's joint most expensive (using the rounded off figures of 80M) or even more correctly Africa's most expensive signing using the actual detailed figures of >80M = 81.3M

Now,

ADL said, “We had been following Osimhen for some time. Both Gattuso and Giuntoli wanted it, and they convinced me to make this 70 million euros sacrifice . With the bonuses (10 million) it will reach eighty million, and if we consider the salary that he will receive over the years it will EXCEED ABUNDANTLY the 100 million (mark)".
Source: GianlucaDiMarzio.com via Skysports Italia

So are you implying that ADL, Owner of the Club, Napoli, that Osimhen just signed for is a LIAR??

L'equipe and reputable french sources said (paraphrased): "Osimhen earned €80k a month in France and now will receive between €4m to €5.5m a year net excluding bonuses. The base fee is €71.2m plus €10.1m in guaranteed bonuses. Their initial formal offer which arrived to Lille on 20th July at 10:00 in the morning after the player had undergone a medical with Napoli in Rome two days earlier. The eventual total fee will take the deal to €81.3m, which eclipses the sale of Nicolas Pépé to Arsenal last summer for €80m."

And they also confirmed that Karnezis and three other youth players are part of the entire 81.3M transfer package. The transfer value is indeed over >80M which comprises cash value + exchange players value which as you have already stated is NOT UNCOMMON.

Now the source quoted by a moniker here that attracted Subzero47's reply and got your subsequent reply is NOT Napoli's official news site.

SSC Napoli news is a fan account and have no insider takes on the details of the deal unlike L'equipe, BBC and others or even ADL himself. They are just a fan account dedicated strictly to everything Napoli and the info they dropped didn't come from them but from Corriere Dello Sport (@CorSport). @CorSport is one of the Italian sources doing everything they can to water down the actual value of Osimhen's transfer fee even against what ADL himself confirmed. So it is nonsense agenda. There have been a long running battle all summer between some Italian sources AND French sources + Reputable Italian sources like Di Marzio & Skysports Italia's on-ground Journos who quoted Aurelio De Laurentiis (ADL) live, on the actual value of Osimhen's transfer but with ADL himself coming out to confirm that everything about the transfer value alone is at 80M€ minus the salary, which if added crosses the 100M€ mark, then this should put to bed every other nonsense talks coming out of some "attention seeking" media outlet that is Italian. The Napoli president himself have spoken... and reputable sources like Di Marzio, BBC, L'equipe and a few others confirmed it. So what more do people want to hear?

Let us accept it for what it is and move on! The transfer fee is not more important than the player himself. And transfer records are bound to be broken so what's the big deal? Coutinho even cost so much more but look at his Barca career.

So let us not make this about the fee but focus more on the player. He set a new African transfer record and that is only news. Even if he is number 15 or 25 on the African transfer records list. No wahala... It is still only news. News that makes us, Nigerians glad and proud coz this is something that has never happened (a Naija Player finally crossing the 50M+ mark and even costing as much as >80M) but what's most important in all of these is the lad's progression and continued growth into the Super player and world class striker some of us here expect him to become. Finito!!!

So it is about the player and not the fee already confirmed officially by The President of the Club himself!! Focus on the player... Not the fee. Enough talk!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Lol Wetin person no go read for here

Farke is better than Mourinho, na wa

You even open mouth dey talk putting Klopp in the same pedestal as Mourinho is an insult to Klopp legacy

Omo you funny ooo when Klopp never build the legacy wey Mourinho don build for football

Oga take it or leave it, Klopp na small boy where Mourinho dey as far as football is concerned

When it comes to Klopp and Mourinho, Guardiola's take is my best opinion.
"The toughest opponent I've ever faced in my career is this Liverpool from last year and this one," Guardiola told DAZN.

"If you let yourself be dominated, they lock you in the area and you can't escape. When you dominate them, they run into space like no one else. They are very fast going backwards. They are very strong strategically. Their players have great mental strength. [Klopp] is the rival who has made me think about how to beat him the most."
So what you people are looking at is Mourinho won this, Mourinho won that. However, when it comes to tactical and strategic adaptations in a nutshell, come on, Mourinho is not seen in that light. Mourinho is not a coach where his tactical tapes on how to carryout tactical motifs will be studied.

Klopp on the other hand has built a legacy on the hard metal tactical display. He has innovative plays that will require in depth study to beat. He has made the gengenpress his own and will be studied for years.

So referring to Klopp as a small boy to Mourinho shows how off tangent you are from understanding the dynamical evolution football has taken and the level Klopp sits on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:02am On Aug 03, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Drunkard

A man that us high on kaikai shall spew rubbish from his mouth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:07am On Aug 03, 2020
komekn:

Is is not, it's very common practice players exchange, perfomance related increments, etc.

The only thing that's unusual but not surprising is HERE people are adding it all together futuristic and otherwise as well as Inter related costings to say he is the most expensive transfer in Africa.

In general when transfers are made we talk about the transfer fee alone in isolation not the additions.

So in the table we have one set of measurements unique to Victor but then use the standard stand alone transfer fee for everyone else. It's very understandable practice here.

For me the transfer fee is irrelevant but more reasonable taken alone. And that means the expectations will not be OVER THE TOP for such a young player with a lot to learn.

Because if he doesn't hit the ground running and or he doesn't perform to the expectations of a top striker. Very quickly the narrative will change here like camelions.

In my opinion if he can score 15/16 goals in Seria A this season he would have done very well. However, I fear the expectations for him here are over the top ( top goal scorer in Seria A) as well as with Napoli, but not as much, Napoli will be very satisfied with 20+ I think.

I hope he does well and builds his career even more than all expectations.

For once, I agree with you.

Osimhen is a good player no doubt. But the ligue 1 isn't the serie A and it'll be a miracle if he scores more than 25 goals in all competitions.

He is a targeted man already for those unforgiving Serie A defenders...

I hope he improves if not, my predictions are 15-18 goals in the new season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

With zouma and rudiger? Continue

Even Johnny Evans and soynucu pair are better than those carpenters

Yes andrewbaba, they will win...please let's not underrate them grin grin grin

Delusional Chelsea fans

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

The context is with respect to tactical play. Let me start with Bleacher Report's take on Guardiola and Mourinho.

Not only does Pep Guardiola have a better success ratio, his football philosophy is infinitely more attractive than José Mourinho's.

The Portuguese manager is famous for "winning ugly" with teams built on defensive solidity; he doesn't mind sacrificing entertainment for success.

Pep Guardiola is the polar opposite. As soon as he became FC Barcelona's manager, he made the club play the most beautiful football the sport had seen in decades. Fans and pundits alike have nothing but praise for Pep Guardiola's brand of football, which made Barcelona the most popular football club in the world.

Not only does Pep Guardiola win, he wins in style. The same can't be said about José Mourinho.

Now let us reference Eto'o, a man who won the Champions League under both managers.

"As a coach, Pep prepares games like nobody else. How he coached us in 2009 was incredible, his way of seeing attacking football, control, having the ball, rondos, Pep was the best at that.

"They are specific techniques for those of us who love good football. For me, football is feeling like you're in a theatre, and seeing tiki-taka, passing the ball, it's not the only way to win but its special. It's Pep's way."

Mou is a top guy. The other thing is that he only cares about the result. It's his way of seeing football and in that sense he is the No. 1. Beating him at his game is impossible, you can never beat him.

From the above assertions, you can see Pep is about the display. And beautiful brand of display is where you get the tactical motifs. Mourinho is about the result and not tactical display.

Where people miss it is that it takes a lot of work and hard process to achieve the brilliant tactical display. Mourinho is not adept in it. Hardly cares for it. I believe it is slowly dying and if you watch the dynamics of the game from Hassenhuttl to Rodgers, with Scott Parker and Graham Potter, these coaches are working towards tactical dominance and Mourinho is still trapped in the old ways of things.

In this respect, Mourinho can not be placed above the tactical minds growing in the game.

I always like your inputs GoodJoe but there's something I don't understand here, what do you mean by tactical minds? by saying Mourinho is not tactical minded, does he win games by fluke?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2020
Blueelf:

Drunkard

Don't even make that mistake of comparing Klopp to Mourinho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:14am On Aug 03, 2020
Provoker:
Ferguson was being "tactical"... I'm sure Norwich fans would prefer to play like shelffied United than play "tactically" and get relegated.

From Punditfeed:
In League One, Sheffield United could be described as a ‘possession-based’ side; such was their comfort on the ball, albeit within the parameters of League One.

However, they have never really been a team that play ‘total football’ in the spirit of La Masia, even though they played with more tempo, created overloads and loved nothing more than whipping crosses in for two good strikers.
Sheffield United and Norwich both played an expansive brand of football in the Championship, yet Norwich are a distant 20th and Sheffield United are closing in on the top six. The difference is how they have decided to adapt to the Premier League, where teams punish you more, have better defences and a great deal more experience than either side.

The base of Sheffield United’s game is built on possessive football. I think Farke just needed more time but both coaches are well versed in the modern game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2020
lakesidepapa:

I always like your inputs GoodJoe but there's something I don't understand here, what do you mean by tactical minds? by saying Mourinho is not tactical minded, does he win games by fluke?

Mourinho wins games by strict strategic discipline. He scarifices the flare of the game and sticks to the basics of sitting deep and nullifying threats.

He has mastered the basics of the game and applies it perfectly well.

However, when it comes to the tactical evolution football is taking which was greatly pushed by Guardiola, Mourinho is lacking. He seems to me like a drowning man, trying to hold on to what is left of his compact strategy to stay afloat.

However, the younger ones are learning fast. Studying the masters and with time, I doubt Mourinho will keep up.

From Spain, Germany, France, Belgium, even Austria, we are seeing modern tactical minds springing up. Which are more ahead in the tactical sense than what Mou has to offer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:22am On Aug 03, 2020
Edopesin:

Don't even make that mistake of comparing Klopp to Mourinho

Why won't I?

To call Klopp a small boy is an insult!!

Only Igbo smokers say that and I had to point that out

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2020
Blueelf:

Drunkard

Lol Bro I no need follow you argue. You no worth am. If you can’t hold an argument without been abusive then good luck to you

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:25am On Aug 03, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:
Jordan Kadiri has an oral agreement with ambitious Belgian second-division side, Lommel.

20yr old Jordan will play his last match for Ostersunds tonight against Helsingborg, and then fly to Belgium to take his medical and coronavirus test.

Lommel, who were completely bought by City Football Group (Owners of Man City and Girona), two months ago will be seeking a quick promotion to the Jupiler League but have not won in 6 games.

The deal is rumoured to be around 10M

The deal was closer to 2M
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:27am On Aug 03, 2020
Provoker:
Ferguson was being "tactical"... I'm sure Norwich fans would prefer to play like shelffied United than play "tactically" and get relegated.

What people like Rooney missed was what was going on in the background.

There was a debate long before that game, between Guardiola (the new kid on the block from La Masia) and Ferguson, one of the most successful tactical masterminds in the history of European football. The theme of the debate who was tactically better.

The Barcelona fans were of the opinion that there was no comparison that Pep was miles ahead.

We disagreed, EPL supporters were of the opinion there was no match. Sir Alex Ferguson has done it for years. Played some breathtaking football and Pep can't touch it.

Then someone asked. Between Alex Ferguson and Johan Cruyff, who was better.

The reply from EPL fans and Barcelona fans was unanimous. Johan Cruyff by miles.

The Barca fan who asked the question replied, "Pep is better than Cruyff." That was when it sunk in. This young man was coming to take over the tactical atmosphere the football Masterminds lived in.

So to Rooney, Park bus and try to save Manchester United from drowning in the tactical sea of Guardiola. But to Alex Ferguson, sitting back will mean finally throwing in the towel that Pep was greater than him. The only hope Alex Ferguson had was for his players to give their all so he can leave with his head held high.

Unfortunately, Pep gave Alex Ferguson a brutal lesson in the Art of Possessive Football.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 10:29am On Aug 03, 2020
TheGoodJoe I understand where you are coming from

If you said who plays more attractive football, football that is more appealing and appeasing to the viewers, yes na Kloop but you can say Mourinho is not tactical, he plays a defensive type of football doesn’t mean it is not tactical

Defensive setup is been tactical too. Everybody with their philosophy

TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2020
lakesidepapa:

So his success is no fluke but keep in mind in the past, the adaptations were not well versed as now. So he could easily dominate.

Now there is a deeper tactical understanding of the game, well beyond the strategic overview. It is so deep that the zones of the pitches are studied and can determine shifts in balance through them.

So then, Mou was king but today, a lot of guys have studied this in depth. Watch Manchester City versus Brighton, the first leg, it was like a reflex to the Brighton players to build from back. Every time Manchester City pressed, they passed their way out with ease. This is Graham Potter who is not even up the pedestal of the tactical game.

So with respect to now. The last five years, I do not see Mourinho up to scratch to the modern guys. I feel he needs to adapt to save his face but adapting will come with losses, which I doubt he is ready to take.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Welcomme: 10:36am On Aug 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Calm down bro, Ousmane dembele is not a goal scorer we noticed that before we purchased him okay and we are okay with dembele apart from his numerous injuries

If nicolas pepe is not much of a goal scorer arsenal wont purchase for that amount

Despite auba playing from the flanks which is not his posotion is scoring almost all arsenal goals

Not just we barca fans but any team that want to be successfull

Take a look at the goals mane and salah is getting, if mane and salah are wingers who doesnt score goals then liverpool will not win the epl
What is your opinion on Zaha? Pepe, despite being his first season in EPL scored and assisted more than him this season but people still believe Zaha had a great season more than Pepe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2020
Neobulletzz:
TheGoodJoe I understand where you are coming from

If you said who plays more attractive football, football that is more appealing and appeasing to the viewers, yes na Kloop but you can say Mourinho is not tactical, he plays a defensive type of football doesn’t mean it is not tactical

Defensive setup is been tactical too. Everybody with their philosophy

To a level yes but when it comes to tactical motifs. Tactical combination, creative build up plays, decisive passing, you will agree Mou is not in that level compared to the others.

Except some of his counter attacks that can take your breath away, against top sides, Mou lacks those motifs that will leave you in awe.

That is why I don't rate or fancy him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2020
2lola:
Wayne Rooney:

�️ "Ferguson wanting us to attack Guardiola's Barcelona in 2 Champions League finals was suicidal. Ferguson kept saying we're Manchester United and we are going to attack. But deep down, the players knew it was the wrong approach.

Way we approach each game differ. Trying to match your opponents is suicidal at times (talking from experience as a coach both in secondary school and currently in my department grin) possessive football is not necessarily tactics when you don't get result. Knowing when to sit deep and move out is tactics.
Last season Guardiola sat deep after leading Liverpool in their second leg at Ethiad.
If park the bus was easy maybe all under dogs will be winning titles

C:c Thegoodjoe

Thanks for tagging him.

Two coaches applying same tactics which is detrimental. Winning is what matters, entertainment later. If a balance comes no p. Fans nowadays prefer all 3points these days no matter how.

Fergie goofed. Made those 2 world class midfielders look like championship players that night.

They now use plier cut net again. Chai.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:45am On Aug 03, 2020
Welcomme:
What is your opinion on Zaha? Pepe, despite being his first season in EPL scored and assisted more than him this season but people still believe Zaha had a great season more than Pepe

Zaha no de ever score goal nah

You already know what people think of Zaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:49am On Aug 03, 2020
JayromWrites:

Lol

With a defence of God Will Help Us, Amen

Funniest post of August and it's just 3rd of August
grin

Provided those 5 defenders keep featuring, Chelsea are going nowhere. They can overhype person and in seconds blast that same person in seconds. Very funny set of fans.

Rudiger?
Zouma
Tomori

They even clamored for Tomori to be subbed on vs Arsenal. grin grin grin grin grin

Same Tomori we all know they castigate well.

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:50am On Aug 03, 2020
Blueelf:

Why won't I?
To call Klopp a small boy is an insult!!
Only Igbo smokers say that and I had to point that out
Klopp has not achieved half of what Mourinho has achieved
Infact Klopp is still a sperm cell when compared to Mourinho
You Liverpool fans are funny af

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Lol Bro I no need follow you argue. You no worth am. If you can’t hold an argument without been abusive then good luck to you

No vex bro...I apologize

Klopp may not have achieved what Mourinho has but he is on course and their pedigree isn't far from each other...to call him a small boy is just the worst form of disrespect

Once again, I apologize

(1) (2) (3) ... (9134) (9135) (9136) (9137) (9138) (9139) (9140) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), sojious and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.