Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,839 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11618097 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9132) (9133) (9134) (9135) (9136) (9137) (9138) ... (16132) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
Icon4s:

grin Players being hailed according to their popularity.

All those Semi Ajayi and Maduka Okoye, be like say na only us here Sabi them grin

grin grin

With time, if they continue to perform well, they'd surely achieve fame. Playing in the EPL would surely increase Semi's Rep.

Osaze wasn't all that famous when he started out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by feelme2020: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
Oluislong:

It's a fact
Most FB that choose African countries were not good enough for their country of birth as when they decided to rep. It's not only a Nigerian thing. But I get your point sha. That's why I get hurt when I remember the mess Imama and Aigbogun made of our under 20 and under 23.

Any way my opinion on the guy has not changed, he's a descent back up to oshimen. And I think he's just being diplomatic about it considering the fact that he plays in Belgium

Football academies are making up for the faults of imma and Aigbogun. Besides, the last u-17 will make it. Samson Tijani is already at Red Bull Salzburg and akinkunmi amoo at Hammarby. We have many youngsters who will shock everybody soon. This is what forieng-born worshipers don'r realize. These foreign born can dissapoint us and if we don't develop our players we will be left with nothing.
anyway our home boys our coming up even though the foreign born worshipers on this site do not beleive in them.
(Ishq Abdulrazaq, Hilary gong, alhassan yusuf, Jack Ipalibo etc)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
feelme2020:

Football academies are making up for the faults of imma and Aigbogun. Besides, the last u-17 will make it. Samson Tijani is already at Red Bull Salzburg and akinkunmi amoo at Hammarby. We have many youngsters who will shock everybody soon. This is what forieng-born worshipers don'r realize. These foreign born can dissapoint us and if we don't develop our players we will be left with nothing.
anyway our home boys our coming up even though the foreign born worshipers on this site do not beleive in them.
(Ishq Abdulrazaq, Hilary gong, alhassan yusuf, Jack Ipalibo etc)

Foreign-born worshipers That's a derogatory term to describe a certain faction of many patriotic fans because of their preferences.

You may not love the team than anyone else, everyone here wants the best for the team even though our methods may differ but, we're unified in our hopes and aspirations for the team.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oluislong: 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2020
REPORT: LEEDS TOLD TO PAY £25M FOR EMILIANO BUENDIA, ALSO WANT EMMANUEL DENNIS
Olly Dawes
Olly Dawes
10 hours ago
According to the Daily Mail, Leeds United have been quoted £25million for Emiliano Buendia – and have asked about a potential deal for Club Brugge ace Emmanuel Dennis.

It’s claimed that Leeds have made a move for Gent attacker Jonathan David, but he prefers Lille – and the Whites are looking to other targets in Belgium.

Their attention has switched to Dennis, with Leeds allegedly making contact to ask about a deal for the Nigerian talent.
Dennis, 22, hit nine goals and two assists in 33 games for Club Brugge this season. His blistering speed is hugely appealing, as is his versatility to play up front or on either flank.

Closer to home, Leeds are eyeing another attack-minded player in Buendia, though Norwich City are seeking £25million for the Argentinian.

The Whites were heavily linked with Buendia in 2018, as he was starring for Cultural Leonesa, who Leeds had strong ties to at the time.

Norwich pipped them to his signature, and Buendia impressed in the Premier League; Only Kevin De Bruyne, Jack Grealish and Trent Alexander-Arnold created more chances in the top flight than Buendia this past season.

His ability to play on either flank or as a number 10 has to be appealing, and he still has huge potential at the age of just 23.

Adding both Dennis and Buendia would make Leeds hugely exciting, but the money involved may be a little difficult for them as they prepare for life back in the Premier League.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
Clementoke:
Napoli paid €47.5m for Victor Osimhen, €2.5m in bonuses, but only if Napoli win the Champions League €10m in performance-related bonuses, (extremely difficult to achieve, for instance winning the Ballon d’Or). €20m from Karnezis (the GK)
€5m each for 3 youth team players. (However, the youth team players won’t even go to France. They are expected to remain in Naples ‘on loan’ and won’t pay for the players until they wear the Lille jersey, which they might never even do).

Source : SSC Napoli News

Wow this is an extremely complicated deal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2020
JayromWrites:

I no know why Elder dey talk like this oh

Playing attacking (attractive football) doesn't make you a great tactical coach

I'm sure Rodgers will agree to baff in lagos lagoon by midnight in order to attain the height Mourinho has attained

Farke or Eddie Howe with their attractive brand of football can't be mentioned ahead of Simeone or Conte

It's okay to be bias to one particular style of football, but rubbishing another style to proof a point ain't it

Elder really goofed

Rodgers better than Mourinho grin

Modified: Mourinho played Rodgers 7 times in his career

Won 5 times and drew twice

And guess what, Rodgers was under his tutelage at Chelsea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
Bro ah taya for am, m

Am still looking to see whaat MOU did to him, still looking for it,

cos JOSE might had done something to him

JayromWrites:

I no know why Elder dey talk like this oh

Playing attacking (attractive football) doesn't make you a great tactical coach

I'm sure Rodgers will agree to baff in lagos lagoon by midnight in order to attain the height Mourinho has attained

Farke or Eddie Howe with their attractive brand of football can't be mentioned ahead of Simeone or Conte

It's okay to be bias to one particular style of football, but rubbishing another style to proof a point ain't it

Elder really goofed

Rodgers better than Mourinho grin

Modified: Mourinho played Rodgers 7 times in his career

Won 5 times and drew twice

And guess what, Rodgers was under his tutelage at Chelsea

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:09pm On Aug 02, 2020
Pls remain me again, has his Tactical master PEP, broke or surpass MOU fewer goals cancede?

Danielnino00:

He is just being unnecessarily sentimental, nothing more..

Mourinho is easily one of the greatest football manager of the 21st century!

Rodgers is just another average coach!

Ask any Liverpool fan,they will tell you how tactically poor Rodgers is..
The season we almost won the league under him, we scored 100 goals and conceded 50 and he had no solution to that problem until we blew a 3-0 lead at Crystal Palace!
Then the next season,he couldn't bring in competent players to replace Suarez and ended up losing 6-1 to Stoke city in Gerrard's last game for the club!
Tactical genius my ass..

Here are Mourinho"s Guinness world record:
Guinness World records:

-Former record holder for most points achieved in a Premier League season (95 points)

-Youngest manager to reach 100 Champions League games (49 years 12 days)

-Most games unbeaten at home in the Premier League (77)

-Fewest goals conceded in a Premier League season (15 goals)

-Longest football unbeaten home run by a manager (9 years)

-Most Champions League titles with different clubs (two)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2020
mostob:
yen yen yen...so you still never learn? That was how you were bragging say Chelsea go beat arsenal. las las, you get CHOPPED.

When it happens I'll remind you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
do4luv14:
Pls remain me again, has his Tactical master PEP, broke or surpass MOU fewer goals cancede?

I have noted you to always talk rubbish everyday

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2020
Afobear:

Afobear my guy....

Longest time...trust all is well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Evertonians eating into Iwobi for this picture. He's underachieved massively so man shouldn't have a good time.

Nobody is saying he shouldn't enjoy life

But common sense would suggest that he avoids posting such on social media...na just common sense...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2020
do4luv14:

Nope!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
Blueelf:

Nobody is saying he shouldn't enjoy life

But common sense would suggest that he avoids posting such on social media...na just common sense...
Let him enjoy life abeg..
grin

He isn't the worst player at that Everton...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
Danielnino00:

Let him enjoy life abeg..
grin

He isn't the worst player at that Everton...

Let them go through lingard's page before talking about Iwobi

Nonsense fans mtcheew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
Blueelf:

Afobear my guy....

Longest time...trust all is well

Still jobless and Skill less . Contemplating playing Khalid's Young ,Dumb and Broke but there is a But. I'm not young no more, I'm not Dumb either but certainly I'm broke

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
Afobear:

Still jobless and Skill less . Contemplating playing Khalid's Young ,Dumb and Broke but there is a But. I'm not young no more, I'm not Dumb either but certainly I'm broke

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

Nonsense fans mtcheew

Lingard don suffer so tey person bet say he won't score or assists for the whole season grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Marseille have enquired about the availability of Ejuke, but it seems Ejuke wants to stay at least one more season in the Eredivise.

Heerenveen had promised him a big move after two seasons when he signed last year and that request becomes even more begging due to the financial strain of covid-19 as Heerenveen would find it hard to replace the player.

Heerenveen also believe one more season of consistent performance would do a lot to Ejuke's value.

18 year old Arjen van der Heide on his chance of breaking into Heerenveen's first team.

"I have learned a lot. Even now I feel fit. How many chances I get next season depends on Chiddi (Ejuke). If he leaves, there's more room for me. But maybe a new player will be brought in again. I just have to show myself. "
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2020
Danielnino00:

Lingard don suffer so tey person bet say he won't score or assists for the whole season grin

He come score for dying minute of the last match of the season haha

Village people sit down for round table because of am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2020
Provoker:
wow, so you actually believe farke is a better tactician than mourhino grin . Such disrespect to the special one.
Mourhino that won the champions league with Porto.
You are confusing attacking football with being more tactical.
Being tactical means having a tactics to get you your desired result.
You can tag Mourinho tactics as counter attack too, he only packs the bus when necessary.
Mourhino can't get Norwich relegated, even with the bad season, totneham still got Europa.
Attacking football≠ more tactical. and yes pep being better than mourhino is very debatable.

Are you talking of another Mourinho or the same Mourinho that coached Chelsea and Manchester United to Understand gravity on the table? The same Mourinho that Swansea wanted to kill him while coaching manchester United or Mane's Southampton almost got arrested for violation in front of thousands of fans.

Please.

When things get tough, Mourinho can hardly outplay quality oppositions and can only rely on park bus because he is tactically incapable of achieving such feat.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Niko Kovac has told Onyekuru he's not in his plans even though he wants to stay. They have already rejected an offer from Galatasaray.
Olympiacos, Belgian and Italian clubs are interested.

More updates: Onyekuru was the one that asked Monaco to reject Gala's offer.

Sportdog.gr(one of Greeks biggest media) are claiming he's agreed personal terms with Olympiacos.

Interesting week ahead.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2020
Provoker:
wow, so you actually believe farke is a better tactician than mourhino grin . Such disrespect to the special one.
Mourhino that won the champions league with Porto.
You are confusing attacking football with being more tactical.
Being tactical means having a tactics to get you your desired result.
You can tag Mourinho tactics as counter attack too, he only packs the bus when necessary.
Mourhino can't get Norwich relegated, even with the bad season, totneham still got Europa.
Attacking football≠ more tactical. and yes pep being better than mourhino is very debatable.

Trying to equate Pep and Mourinho is an insult.

Pep Guardiola is highly studied, transformed football in Germany, Spain and now massively in England.

We have had people like Zidane going to Guardiola to learn the modern game.

Guardiola outclassed Bayern Munich and they changed their football from the foundation for ever. Guardiola has madw loads of tactical inventions that have stunned the footballing World.

Guardiola has tactical masterpiece games that are still being studied today.

Guardiola's tactical sessions is being marketed and sold.

In what way will you compare Mourinho to Pep.

The joke has gone too far.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 10:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

More updates: Onyekuru was the one that asked Monaco to reject Gala's offer.

Sportdog.gr(one of Greeks biggest media) are claiming he's agreed personal terms with Olympiacos.

Interesting week ahead.

Imoh Ezekiel 2.0

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2020
JayromWrites:

Imoh Ezekiel 2.0

Niko Kovac second sack looming

This guy na carpentry coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2020
Says Afo d bear palour crooner

Afobear:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

Nonsense fans mtcheew

Nothing concern me with Lingard

Iwobi na my country man, thus I must drop words of wisdom

A player under fire for poor performance at a club should lay low....enjoy your life but don't unnecessarily flaunt it. It doesn't make sense

Its simple social intelligence

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
I feel so bad for one of the best player in Europe this season Josip ilicic

This life no balance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:
I feel so bad for one of the best player in Europe this season Josip ilicic

This life no balance

"Reverence God, Fear woman"

Sani Abacha 1885

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
*EMPLOYING ATTACKING FOOTBALL IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING TACTICAL*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Are you talking of another Mourinho or the same Mourinho that coached Chelsea and Manchester United to Understand gravity on the table? The same Mourinho that Swansea wanted to kill him while coaching manchester United or Mane's Southampton almost got arrested for violation in front of thousands of fans.

Please.

When things get tough, Mourinho can hardly outplay quality oppositions and can only rely on park bus because he is tactically incapable of achieving such feat.

You are turning the whole thing to comedy grin

Pick 20 world class football analysts and ask them to name 10 of the best football tacticians of the 21st century, i assure 8 of them will have Mourinho in the top 5 ..

We understand that u don't like his style..that's fine.. me personally, I don't like him too much..
But saying guys like Brendan Rodgers and Daniel Farke are better tacticians than Mou is pure nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 11:53pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Trying to equate Pep and Mourinho is an insult.

Pep Guardiola is highly studied, transformed football in Germany, Spain and now massively in England.

We have had people like Zidane going to Guardiola to learn the modern game.

Guardiola outclassed Bayern Munich and they changed their football from the foundation for ever. Guardiola has madw loads of tactical inventions that have stunned the footballing World.

Guardiola has tactical masterpiece games that are still being studied today.

Guardiola's tactical sessions is being marketed and sold.

In what way will you compare Mourinho to Pep.

The joke has gone too far.
Ferguson was being "tactical"... I'm sure Norwich fans would prefer to play like shelffied United than play "tactically" and get relegated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9132) (9133) (9134) (9135) (9136) (9137) (9138) ... (16132) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cc12(m), ChrisKels, villagereporter(m), mank1234(m), elyte89, mkrest(m), iamdynamite(m), Philosopher1979, humility33(m), Silentgroper(m), enlady(f), opes and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.