Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,349 members, 7,868,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11972088 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9298) (9299) (9300) (9301) (9302) (9303) (9304) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

What now happened when he went to Chelsea? did somebody switch off his ability to cross the ball?

I'm not taking anything from him, he was part of our winning squad but he's offensive attributes were simply mediocre there is no way to sugar coat it

In the Premier League winning season he had only 2 assists in 34 matches despite his ability to cross with both feet and probably his head

He scored 10 goals and assisted 5 times in his first season as a winger. Is that mediocre?

In the winning season, he didn't play as a winger. In fact, his first season was the first and last time he played majorly as a winger. The other two seasons he played as a wing back before Sarri came.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
This one is for you Elyte89. Amaju Pinnick has indeed been in "serious" contact with Bukayo Saka.

He even had a meeting at his London home with Saka's agent, Saka's parents and yes they also had Rohr in attendance.

But time will tell. The England list for October games will also reveal a lot if indeed they have a game.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Is Moses a winger or wing back?

You mean 4 goals, 1 assist and an Motm in 14 matches is average for a winger?

You have been sold a lie Moses was average in the Turkish league.

Chuks is a good player and a prospect. He is yet to reach Moses level.

When Chuks wins laurels for his club or national team then we can discuss.

So he was extraordinary in Turkey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
How the Super Eagles CB options could look like by latest 2021.

✔Leon Balogun
✔William Troost Ekong
✔Semilogo Ajayi
✔Chidozie Awaziem
✔Kenneth Omeruo
✔Felix Ohis Uduokhai
✔Jordan Torunarigha
✔Tosin Adarabioyo

**Possibility of Kevin Akpoguma.

Ask me nothing. wink

Hehehe! Na wa for you ooo. You just dey put man for suspense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:
Rumour has it that Ighalo is coming back to the Super Eagles

I will like to see how Osimhen will bench Ighalo a proven striker

Ighalo will be benched comfortably.

He left when the ovation was relatively high....I think he should forget SE

He's not needed!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

✔Leon Balogun
✔William Troost Ekong
✔Semilogo Ajayi
✔Chidozie Awaziem
✔Kenneth Omeruo
✔Felix Ohis Uduokhai
✔Jordan Torunarigha
✔Tosin Adarabioyo

Ask me nothing. wink

We would really be unstoppable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

A very welcome development but make he no hands ooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
komekn:

It was obviously apparent that his reason for leaving had nothing to do with football.

In the past the fixture time of AFCON conflicted with the first priority of players in Europe. This put a lot of them into a position of contention.

I know for instance because of AFCON it cost Yobo his place at a stage in Everton. In addition made African players less attractive as they would be missing right in the heart of the football season.

Thankfully that has stopped.

Nonetheless, l really don't see anybody in the HERE and NOW better than him. And in a country where we do not have any official certification of birth date. Who is old or older is open to never ending debate.

In this regard Victor Moses is not old and some of those claiming to be younger than him are open to debate.
do you want us to force him out of retirement to play for us or what? Someone said he doesn't wanna play again why not let him be? Hope you don't drag your gf when she refuses to "mmmm for mopol"lol. The point is, Moses has retired and whatever reason he gave should be respected. Please let move on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
Subzero047:

Simon Moses?
Chidera Ejuke?
Chukwueze?
Onyekuru?
Nwakaeme?

Who does Victor Moses have a better stat than?

Oga! Victor Moses won Afcon and Europa as a crucial member of those teams. That stats is far better than the aforementioned players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

✔Leon Balogun
✔William Troost Ekong
✔Semilogo Ajayi
✔Chidozie Awaziem
✔Kenneth Omeruo
✔Felix Ohis Uduokhai
✔Jordan Torunarigha
✔Tosin Adarabioyo

Ask me nothing. wink

I like what I'm seeing here.

Thanks for giving us expo tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Oga! Victor Moses won Afcon and Europa as a crucial member of those teams. That stats is far better than the aforementioned players.

Afcon and Europa are years ago and Victor Moses has retired from the national team and we have wingers doing better than him

We might as well call Okocha

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2020
komekn:

He is simply not, that's a fallacy birthed from your own deluded imagination.

One player is tried tested over a decade of competitive football in the best leagues in the world and the other in comparison is essentially a rookie.

Chukwueze is potential yet to be realised indeed he has a very long way to go to attain what Victor has achieved and may not even achieve.

we will remind you regarding the bolded!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2020
Utonwanne:

So he was extraordinary in Turkey

4 goals, one assist and 1 motm in 14 matches as a winger are what? Average?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

He scored 10 goals and assisted 5 times in his first season as a winger. Is that mediocre?

In the winning season, he didn't play as a winger. In fact, his first season was the first and last time he played majorly as a winger. The other two seasons he played as a wing back before Sarri came.

In that first season he scored only 1 goal in 24 league matches this is mediocre, with the rest of his goals coming from Europa, community shield and CL

My point is that he is better defensively and that is why he was a starter under conte not because he contributes anything notable offensively
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

✔Leon Balogun
✔William Troost Ekong
✔Semilogo Ajayi
✔Chidozie Awaziem
✔Kenneth Omeruo
✔Felix Ohis Uduokhai
✔Jordan Torunarigha
✔Tosin Adarabioyo

Ask me nothing. wink

U still dey hord the name of the duo who hv agreed to play for us? Friendlies hv been shifted till next yr so u better spill am out before em go choke u before then cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
Utonwanne:

Ighalo will be benched comfortably.

He left when the ovation was relatively high....I think he should forget SE

He's not needed!

He's very much needed

He's a proven striker for the SE and if he should play for us again he will start ahead of Osimhen that's unproven
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
Ebuehi might be announced tomorrow or weekend.
Emmanuel Dennis trained with Club Brugge first team today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
Subzero047:

Afcon and Europa are years ago and Victor Moses has retired from the national team and we have wingers doing better than him

We might as well call Okocha

You brought up stats to compare. What stats where you expecting when you mentioned Onyekuru who didn't do better than Victor Moses this season, huh?

Okocha is nologer player but Victor Moses is, at the highest level. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

4 goals, one assist and 1 motm in 14 matches as a winger are what? Average?

Exceptional *claps* grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

I dont think any sensible coach will start Ighalo ahead of Osimhen as it stands this moment. Even Ighalo knows he would become a bench warmer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

You brought up stats to compare. What stats where you expecting when you mentioned Onyekuru who didn't do better than Victor Moses this season, huh?

Victor Moses is a has been, who plays in a position SE no longer uses and who has wingers doing better than him

I didn't bring up stats, you did and they were old and abysmal, he does not deserve to be brought up when discussing potential wingers for the SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
Real Madrid Arsenal away jersey for this season

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2020
charlesemeka85:

U still dey hord the name of the duo who hv agreed to play for us? Friendlies hv been shifted till next yr so u better spill am out before em go choke u before then cheesy

Match dey this year now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

He's very much needed

He's a proven striker for the SE and if he should play for us again he will start ahead of Osimhen that's unproven

He might be needed just to boost morale but never to start ahead of Osimhen. Stop dreaming

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

In that first season he scored only 1 goal in 24 league matches this is mediocre, with the rest of his goals coming from Europa, community shield and CL

My point is that he is better defensively and that is why he was a starter under conte not because he contributes anything notable offensively

Was he even a first team player that year? Playing badly for Chelsea in his first and only season as a winger doesn't tantamount to being a bad winger in the premier League because we saw his performance before and after he left Chelsea in the same premier League.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Bros , how can you comfortably bring up Victor Moses of yesterday when we are talking Onyekuru , Kalu ,Chukwueze and Ejuke. These guys will make VicMo look like an inferior on the ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Subzero047:

Exceptional *claps* grin

That's right. Next time don't come lying.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
IDENNAA:

Bros , how can you comfortably bring up Victor Moses of yesterday when we are talking Onyekuru , Kalu ,Chukwueze and Ejuke. These guys will make VicMo look like an inferior on the ball

They should get to the level of Vicmo first.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

That's right. Next time don't come lying.

What lie?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Subzero047:

Victor Moses is a has been, who plays in a position SE no longer uses and who has wingers doing better than him

I didn't bring up stats, you did and they were old and abysmal, he does not deserve to be brought up when discussing potential wingers for the SE

Was Onyekuru stats better than Vicmo in the just concluded 2018/2019 season? Yes or no?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hmmmm issoky,

let bygone be nygone

TheSuperNerd:
I am sure. B'cos I have mentioned mods/Supermods a few times on threads before and they give me permission to do so. Sometimes, it has to do with opening threads in the past.

On this issue of derailment, I have gone privately on this matter before and I was told to mention a mod/Supermod when it next occurs. So yes, I am sure.

And I don't think that is the only thing that got Joe banned. He actually kinda insulted the mods by saying they don't have a life and even said they should ban him for eternity. Something like that. See I just want to forget that episode coz I was not happy with what I read in those pages. Things went over the top. And people are just taking sides without understanding anything.

I even came out and asked for Joebie to be released. I did that for the sake of the thread. I always look at the big picture.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

They should get to the level of Vicmo first.

They should get to his level of 4 goals and 1 assist in 14 games grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9298) (9299) (9300) (9301) (9302) (9303) (9304) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.