Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,087 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11801759 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9297) (9298) (9299) (9300) (9301) (9302) (9303) ... (16209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
Utonwanne:

Tried and tested is often exaggerated. When you don't deliver as expected, you are relegated.

Bale acts more as spectator while Rodrigo is running things

I can give you 1001 examples.

When and where did Vicmo not deliver?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2020
komekn:

The say a picture can say a thousand words and of so then what about a video.

Let's not be comedic, but how will a player playing Wing or Wing back and not be able to cross the ball in the EPL.

The video clips shows Victor crossing with both feet left and right foot crosses from the Wing. And that's in Seria A so it's very recent.

A very basic skill that our current wingers seem to struggle with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLJbVnpFA0

I chuckled when I read his comment. Very funny.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
Luis Enrique squad for the upcoming matches against Ukraine and Germany in the first week of September

Simón (23)
García (19)
Torres (23)
Reguilón (23)
Rodri (24)
Fabián (24)
Merino (24)
Óscar (22)
Olmo (22)
Adama (24)
Asensio (24)
Oyarzabal (23)
Fati (17)
Ferran (20)

Spain is now one of the youngest national teams in Europe.

Rohr over to you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
Are you sure,

cos qouting a mod, when he isn't on a thread, is same as calling his attension towards that thread,

and the Rules says, nobody should called the mod on any thread, but to do it privately DM,

thats same Rule that got Joe banned

TheSuperNerd:
No. I am not breaking a rule. I quoted the mod just as I will quote any of you and say what I need to say pertaining to why I quoted you.

Besides, the message is for him and I needed the mod to see my message. I am very serious about this.

You should be addressing the fact that people here want to form stubborn and derail this thread and not telling me to not do what I am doing. Unless you also support what they do.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
Utonwanne:

Playing more as a defender??

He's not even better than himself, I mean his younger self. He's on decline, gradually wink

Which defender? He played as a winger in the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 season in the Turkish league. Ain't you aware?

He played as an Amf in the seria A once this past season. Ain't you aware?

Here and now, he is still better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
komekn:

That's not a good example it's not the perfomance of Bale that is in question but his demand for a transfer. It is an issue of football politics.

It's not all about politics, it's because he's becoming expandable.

What of Kane taking over from that Spanish striker, Soldado? Is that one politics too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
I am sure. B'cos I have mentioned mods/Supermods a few times on threads before and they give me permission to do so. Sometimes, it has to do with opening threads in the past.

On this issue of derailment, I have gone privately on this matter before and I was told to mention a mod/Supermod when it next occurs. So yes, I am sure.

And I don't think that is the only thing that got Joe banned. He actually kinda insulted the mods by saying they don't have a life and even said they should ban him for eternity. Something like that. See I just want to forget that episode coz I was not happy with what I read in those pages. Things went over the top. And people are just taking sides without understanding anything.

I even came out and asked for Joebie to be released. I did that for the sake of the thread. I always look at the big picture.

do4luv14:

Are you sure,

cos qouting a mod, when he isn't on a thread, is same as calling his attension towards that thread,

and the Rules says, nobody should called the mod on any thread, but to do it privately DM,

thats same Rule that got Joe banned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
komekn:

Let's not be comedic, but how will a player playing Wing or Wing back and not be able to cross the ball in the EPL.

The video clips shows Victor crossing with both feet left and right foot crosses from the Wing. And that's in Seria A so it's very recent.

You dropped a 3 minutes video that showed his successful attempts at it but if you followed his time with Chelsea he was terrible at crossing the ball to the extent that he only completed 20% of his 578 attempts

Moses as Wing back was only successful in the defensive aspect of it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

In the Turkish league.

How many months ago?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
2lola:
How true is this saw it on a Facebook page

SWITZERLAND ��
FIFA is helping football players switch eligibility and represent a second national team with a planned rule change announced on Wednesday.

The proposal gives hope to players who are eligible for multiple countries but fell out of favor at their first national team, where they are bound after just a single minute of playing time in a competitive game.

The new wording would let players switch eligibility if they played a maximum of three times for the first national team — including tournament qualifying games — before they turned 21, and at least three years earlier.

The new rule will take effect next month if 211 national federations approve it at the September 18 congress that FIFA is hosting online from Zurich.

A FIFA working group has tried for more than two years to shape the new proposal.

A test case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport ahead of the 2018 World Cup is key background.

Munir El Haddadi, now with Europa League finalist Sevilla, wanted to be selected for Morocco but lost his appeal against the FIFA rules. He had played just once for Spain in September 2014, as a 77th-minute substitute in a European Championship qualifier.

The new rule would not help Brazil midfielder Oscar, who has suggested switching to China where he has played club soccer since 2017.

Oscar would fail the test because he has played more than three times for Brazil, including after he was aged 21, and at a World Cup finals tournament in 2014.

The proposal would bar nationality switches for anyone who played at a “final tournament of the FIFA World Cup or a final tournament of a confederation competition.”

FIFA’s new flexibility even suggests letting players revert back to their original national team if they never actually play for the second one.

The existing FIFA rules have been used by many players born in Europe - who played in national age-group teams or friendly games - and switched to African countries where they have ties through their parents or grandparents.

In more updating of eligibility rules, FIFA wants to clarify how long players must live in a country before they can play for its teams.

The proposal aims to help players who as children moved with their families to a new country for non-soccer reasons.

Three years residency would be required if a player moved before the age of 10, and five years residency if the move was aged 10 to 18.

FIFA’s existing rule already requires a five-year residency from the age of 18 if a player wants to acquire a new national eligibility.

That allowed Brazil-born forwards Elkeson and Aloisio to switch to the current China team after they were naturalized as citizens.

Via SportStar

Wow! This is a good one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
Subzero047:

How many months ago?

2019/2020 season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Which defender? He played as a winger in the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 season in the Turkish league. Ain't you aware?

He played as an Amf in the seria A once this past season. Ain't you aware?

Here and now, he is still better.

Ramos has played as DM, is he a midfielder?

He didn't light up Super Lig, he was at most, average.

Playing for bigger club doesn't make one better.

Chuks is better than Moses. He should enjoy his retirement in peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
2lola:

SWITZERLAND ��
FIFA is helping football players switch eligibility and represent a second national team with a planned rule change announced on Wednesday.

The proposal gives hope to players who are eligible for multiple countries but fell out of favor at their first national team, where they are bound after just a single minute of playing time in a competitive game.

The new wording would let players switch eligibility if they played a maximum of three times for the first national team — including tournament qualifying games — before they turned 21, and at least three years earlier.

The new rule will take effect next month if 211 national federations approve it at the September 18 congress that FIFA is hosting online from Zurich.

A FIFA working group has tried for more than two years to shape the new proposal.

A test case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport ahead of the 2018 World Cup is key background.

Munir El Haddadi, now with Europa League finalist Sevilla, wanted to be selected for Morocco but lost his appeal against the FIFA rules. He had played just once for Spain in September 2014, as a 77th-minute substitute in a European Championship qualifier.

The new rule would not help Brazil midfielder Oscar, who has suggested switching to China where he has played club soccer since 2017.

Oscar would fail the test because he has played more than three times for Brazil, including after he was aged 21, and at a World Cup finals tournament in 2014.

The proposal would bar nationality switches for anyone who played at a “final tournament of the FIFA World Cup or a final tournament of a confederation competition.”

FIFA’s new flexibility even suggests letting players revert back to their original national team if they never actually play for the second one.

The existing FIFA rules have been used by many players born in Europe - who played in national age-group teams or friendly games - and switched to African countries where they have ties through their parents or grandparents.

In more updating of eligibility rules, FIFA wants to clarify how long players must live in a country before they can play for its teams.

The proposal aims to help players who as children moved with their families to a new country for non-soccer reasons.

Three years residency would be required if a player moved before the age of 10, and five years residency if the move was aged 10 to 18.

FIFA’s existing rule already requires a five-year residency from the age of 18 if a player wants to acquire a new national eligibility.

That allowed Brazil-born forwards Elkeson and Aloisio to switch to the current China team after they were naturalized as citizens.

Via SportStar

This rule will help a lot of African countries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

2019/2020 season.

We have wingers scoring goals and giving assists from the winger position how does Victor Moses enter into the equation?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
komekn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLJbVnpFA0

I don't need a video, I have watched him more than enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
It could happen as various petitions by certain players have written appealing to FIFA to tweak the rule a little in favor of those lads who have just one appearance for their initial adopted nation or nation of birth.

So yeah, there is some truth to this but I will carry out my own search. If this rule is passed, some Naija Lads born abroad could see their steps retraced. Time will tell. wink

2lola:

SWITZERLAND ��

Via SportStar

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
so Mikel, Emenike and Mba were frying akara during the 2013 AFCON abi lol

fabyom:
Moses single handedly won AFCON 2013 for us.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Wow! This is a good one.

U thinking what am thinking

Tammy is back grin grin!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Subzero047:

This rule will help a lot of African countries

Munir El hadd addi
Tomori
etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
elyte89:

Tammy is back grin grin!

Tammy is not back. He's not coming back, he should stick his bum with 3 lions, he has chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

You dropped a 3 minutes video that showed his successful attempts at it but if you followed his time with Chelsea he was terrible at crossing the ball to the extent that he only completed 20% of his 578 attempts

Moses as Wing back was only successful in the defensive aspect of it

Maybe you didn't watch Vicmo during his days at Wigan athletic before he went to Chelsea.

Don't forget, he was crucial to Chelsea winning the Europa as a winger. is that not being successful?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
elyte89:

Tammy is back grin grin!

Hahahaha! You wan cause trouble here. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2020
elyte89:

Tammy is back grin grin!
He's too good to turn his back on England

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
chrisooblog:
so Mikel, Emenike and Mba were frying akara during the 2013 AFCON abi lol

They were also crucial but we know Vicmo was the chief in command.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lol you were given special permission, well I think that says it all
You think I care about all these you wrote here
The same way you find it worthy not to call out Chriskels and you replied his post not pertaining to super eagles is the same I am also entitled to reply any post not pertaining to super eagles okay. If you can do it and you are not the mod then I can too
You can’t tell me you have a special permission. You have special permission because say you pay money to open Nairaland abi, the same way you opened Nairaland is the same way I opened too okay
Since you find it fit not too call out someone else and you can reply his post so I am too
The fact you did it maybe just once and I did it probably multiple times doesn’t change the fact that what you did is also derailment. Stop calling it a cheap attempt to painting you been partial, it isn’t
You are clamoring for stopping the derailment, yet someone post something not related to Super eagles, you didn’t call the person out, you replied his post and yet you are saying I am giving a cheap excuse to call you out for been partial, Oga you just dey yarn Okoto

I said I would
TheSuperNerd:
First of all, I was given special permission to mention a mod/supermod after I went privately to complain to a Supermod about how this thread is being derailed. So there is no hypocrisy. Only your ignorance on display

Now, Answer this question. Is Joebie my pal?

No please answer that and see how silly you sound. Cheap attempt at painting me partial.

If the derailment I did was without applying sense and moderation, what you did was also not applying sense and moderation as well

Like is said if I see a post not super eagles related and I need to quote the post, same way you could quote Chriskels is the same way I would do that without thinking about you or all what you have said here

So what nonsense are you too saying as well?

Also, have I not said off-thread discussions on UCL and UEL Matchdays are bound are arise?? Have I not said from time to time, Euro football discussions will pop up but MODERATION must be applied??

Did I derail the thread when I quoted Chriskels as blatantly as you and your goons did that day dragging club vs Club banters into pages upon pages?? All without applying sense and moderation??

So what nonsense are you saying?

All I see is one trying to desperately to sound smart but this is a very unintelligent approach to keep your derailing hopes alive.

Now listen... In the post I quoted, you said you will post anything you want as long as it is related to football.
But all you have ever posted here is related to football that has nothing to do with this thread and you were a major culprit in the derailing of the thread that resulted in Idennaa pointing out that the thread is being derailed and we seem cool with it.

Your post(seen above) that said you will carry on posting whatever you like even if it is just Euro club football banters is akin to the Blueelf's outbursts to post whatever he likes as regards his craze for Liverpool.

And this is where I will always step in. I don't tolerate monikers walking in here and declaring directly or indirectly that they don't respect the thread and will post as they please even if it derials discussions in here.

So there is nothing partial. I am addressing you the same way I addressed Blueelf/Darkelf. And Darkelf and I have always had good discussions here about Naija Players but that day, he stepped out of bounds by insisting on derailing the thread as he pleases "since no one buys data for him" (in his own words).

So You see, you are only desperately bringing in that angle of partiality (when there is actually none) to appeal to those who support your stubborn and ill-cultured post to derail outside this thread's purpose.

Mister... I say again. Be warned. This is the Super Eagles thread and any moniker in here who think he/she can post as they please in utter derailment of the thread without applying moderation will be called out. And any moniker who declares he can do such b'cos no one here is his Papa... will also be called out.

So be careful and start being a useful contributor in here instead of a nuissance and a distraction. If you cannot Respect the thread then stay out! And return to your Euro Clubs section and exercise your Euro Craze and Fanaticism right there!!! Or can't you read?? Do you think Nairaland didn't know what they did when they created an entire Euro football sub section for Euro fanatics like yourself?

So please, carry your Euro obsessions over there and leave this thread dedicated to Naija football for us. Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
Subzero047:

We have wingers scoring goals and giving assists from the winger position how does Victor Moses enter into the equation?

Are they better than Zaha?

Moses also scored and gave assits this season and last.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Maybe you didn't watch Vicmo during his days at Wigan athletic before he went to Chelsea.

Don't forget, he was crucial to Chelsea winning the Europa as a winger. is that not being successful?

What now happened when he went to Chelsea? did somebody switch off his ability to cross the ball?

I'm not taking anything from him, he was part of our winning squad but he's offensive attributes were simply mediocre there is no way to sugar coat it

In the Premier League winning season he had only 2 assists in 34 matches despite his ability to cross with both feet and probably his head
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
Utonwanne:

Ramos has played as DM, is he a midfielder?

He didn't light up Super Lig, he was at most, average.

Playing for bigger club doesn't make one better.

Chuks is better than Moses. He should enjoy his retirement in peace

Is Moses a winger or wing back?

You mean 4 goals, 1 assist and an Motm in 14 matches is average for a winger?

You have been sold a lie Moses was average in the Turkish league.

Chuks is a good player and a prospect. He is yet to reach Moses level.

When Chuks wins laurels for his club or national team then we can discuss.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
How the Super Eagles CB options could look like by latest 2021.

✔Leon Balogun
✔William Troost Ekong
✔Semilogo Ajayi
✔Chidozie Awaziem
✔Kenneth Omeruo
✔Felix Ohis Uduokhai
✔Jordan Torunarigha
✔Tosin Adarabioyo

**Possibility of Kevin Akpoguma.

Ask me nothing. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
Rumour has it that Ighalo is coming back to the Super Eagles

I will like to see how Osimhen will bench Ighalo a proven striker

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
forgiveness:

Are they better than Zaha?

Moses also scored and gave assits this season and last.

Simon Moses?
Chidera Ejuke?
Chukwueze?
Onyekuru?
Nwakaeme?

Who does Victor Moses have a better stat than?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
Edopesin:

He's too good to turn his back on England

Tammy's eye don clear. After the racial mockery of English fans and after being lashed by Frank Lampard as a "championship" player, he would have a rethink

Being a long while on this trend. I missed you guys

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9297) (9298) (9299) (9300) (9301) (9302) (9303) ... (16209) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, sureleads, Sugarboyy(m), Famocious(m), zuchyblink(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.