Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,401 members, 7,843,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11823364 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9320) (9321) (9322) (9323) (9324) (9325) (9326) ... (16229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:29pm On Aug 22, 2020
humility33:

Unfortunately that Nwakali is a lazy player..
take the ball from him and watch him move round like a pregnant woman.

He is more like eberechi of QPR just that the later seems to be better than him offensively

He is also not like Eberechi. Their style is very very different,oga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ok

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
Edopesin:
Apparently Heartland are owing players for 7 months

This is a common place in NPFL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Icon4s:

When I said "National Team setup", I was referring to the U17, U20 & U23.

That comment from Rohr about K. Nwakali says a lot about his Senior National team prospects, if he can really get his game going.

I am not a Fan of K. Nwakali, I am just telling you things the way they are.

sorry for the misconception

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

I guess I can't spell
yh I think so too typical Burkina Faso accent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

I guess I can't spell

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

He is also not like Eberechi. Their style is very very different,oga

What exactly is Nwakali's style of play.
Is he a play maker or dribbler like Okocha, Zidane or Eberechi Eze
Is he an attacking midfielder like Lampard
Is he a deep lying play maker like Pirlo
Is he a box to box midfielder.
I mean people who have analyzed him should say what exactly his style of play is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

Ndidi and Etebor should clean up after Nwakali, he is a playmaker NOT a defensive midfielder

Playmaker ko, this your post signifies how daft you are in terms of modern football tactics

No coach in this modern times tolerate lazy players which goes across to all positions on the pitch which is the main reason football enthusiasts are saying that the number 10 role is dying off gradually.

In this Era number 10s are classified as CAM which embodies the role of an AM as well as that a CM joined in one.

Football nowadays in strictly based on tactics, work rate and decisiveness so there is no room anymore for a lazy player waiting for others to win the ball and pass to him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
Philosopher1979:

What exactly is Nwakali's style of play.
Is he a play maker or dribbler like Okocha, Zidane or Eberechi Eze
Is he an attacking midfielder like Lampard
Is he a deep lying play maker like Pirlo
Is he a box to box midfielder.
I mean people who have analyzed him should say what exactly his style of play is

Nwakali is best suited for the deep lying playmaker role but he really needs to work on his work rate and agility as well

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

Ndidi and Etebor should clean up after Nwakali, he is a playmaker NOT a defensive midfielder
his slaves abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
As good as eberechi Eze is I foresee alot changing in his game when he makes the leap to the epl. His work rate will be seriously worked on for him to strive
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
sheyishemba:

Move on , oga. Holding grudge doesn't help...i see you are still pissed over the phd stuff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:
As good as eberechi Eze is I foresee alot changing in his game when he makes the leap to the epl. His work rate will be seriously worked on for him to strive

Any update on his transfer report ??

Last thing we heard was that Spurs were interested in him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Danielnino00:

Any update on his transfer report ??

Last thing we heard was that Spurs were interested in him...

He is likely to join any of crystal palace or westham

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:
his slaves abi?

No, to give him room to concentrate more on the attacking front. By the way , isn't that what Ndidi was hailed for doing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:

He is likely to join any of crystal palace or westham

Those aren't very good options..

Palace typically play long ball football while West Ham are damn inconsistent...

But I guess moving outside England isn't on his cards...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

No, to give him room to concentrate more on the attacking front. By the way , isn't that what Ndidi was hailed for doing

Oga Nwakali that I knw and followed over the years is not suited for that position. He needs pace and agility to become a good number 10.

To be honest without mincing words I don't see nwakali having a great career in the national team judging by the decent qualities we boast of in the midfield and i cant wait for him to prove me wrong

The listed midfielders below re miles better than him currently

Aribo
Onomah
Ejaria
Iwobi
Ndidi
Etebo
Yusuf
Frank onyeka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
Danielnino00:

Palace typically play long ball football while West Ham are damn inconsistent...

those re the clubs serious in sigining him as it stands now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
Premier League newbies, Fulham have reportedly joined the race for the services of in-demand Queen Park Rangers attacking midfielder, Eberechi Eze.

The online edition of Sky Sports UK had reported that The Cottagers have lined up the Nigerian as their potential signing as they prepare for life in the topflight though they face competition from a number of interested suitors.

Eze was conspicuously missing from the Hoops pre-season friendly game against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, reigniting speculations over his future as Premier League interest in the forward continue to intensify.

At least five clubs in the English topflight have been linked with the signature of the 22-year-old this summer, with Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, West Brom and West Ham all credited with an interest in the player who is valued in the region of £20m by QPR.

Speaking after the exhibition game this evening, Rangers manager Mark Warburton reiterated that the club will only be willing to part with the player if any interested club meets his valuation.

"He's a QPR player but there are a few bits and pieces going on. What we have to do is just respect that and look after a guy who has come through the ranks here, and he's one of ours," Warburton said.

"We look after all of our players. It was the right decision [not to play him] today and we'll see what happens in the coming days."

Asked if he thought a deal could be included in the next few days, he told the British satellite television channel: "I know he is coming to training on Monday.

"If that changes I will let you know. Any situation for any player is resolved when the value of a player is met, that's how you resolve a situation."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

to buttress what Sir Charlesemeka has said you're really daft when it comes to modern football the best playmaker in the world de bruyne has a very good work rate same with some other world class playmaker like bernado Silva , david Silva, messi et al have a very good work rate. nwakali is just lazy, mind you nwakali is playmaker playing deep a typical dejong,Mikel,jorginho style but he is not excelling in that position coz of his laziness and lack of agility

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 9:32pm On Aug 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Oga Nwakali that I knw and followed over the years is not suited for that position. He needs pace and agility to become a good number 10.

To be honest without mincing words I don't see nwakali having a great career in the national team judging by the decent qualities we boast of in the midfield and i cant wait for him to prove me wrong

Aribo
Onomah
Ejaria
Iwobi
Ndidi
Etebo
Yusuf
Frank onyeka

These players you listed are either CM ,DM or wingers......none of the is a natural 10 like Nwakali.

I will address your other text much later
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Aribo
Onomah
Ejaria
Iwobi
Ndidi
Etebo
Yusuf
Frank onyeka

abegiii help me add Michael olise and musaila in Bayern

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
sheyishemba:

to buttress what Sir Charlesemeka has said you're really daft when it comes to modern football the best playmaker in the world de bruyne has a very good work rate same with some other world class playmaker like bernado Silva , david Silva, messi et al have a very good work rate. nwakali is just lazy, mind you nwakali is playmaker playing deep a typical dejong,Mikel,jorginho style but he is not excelling in that position coz of his laziness and lack of agility

My G....chill. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2020
Danielnino00:

Palace don't play long pass football, they play beautiful counter attacking football, West Ham is also good

Any of these clubs he joins will give him game time with is important for his development
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2020
sheyishemba:

abegiii help me add Michael olise and musaila in Bayern
i would hv added them buh not sure if they want to play for us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
IDENNAA:

These players you listed are either CM ,DM or wingers......none of the is a natural 10 like Nwakali.

I will address your other text much later

Those I listed a certified midfielders when invited to the national team which comprises of the positions in the middles of the park
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:
i would hv added them buh not sure if they want to play for us

you cant ruled them out yet
I heard olise might be moving to Belgium very soon ...musiala too might break into Bayern first team considering the fact that thiago is not on verge of joining Liverpool this dude are still young they might be interested playing for us ain't sure about musaila ohhh but I believed we can have olise when he moves to Anderlecht or any premier league team.
those two guys are joy to watch full of technicality and top notch passes most expecially musiala

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Those I listed a certified midfielders when invited to the national team which comprises of the positions in the middles of the park

You don't compare orange and apple. Nwakali is a playmaker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2020
sheyishemba:

you cant ruled them out yet
I heard olise might be moving to Belgium very soon ...musiala too might break into Bayern first team considering the fact that thiago is not on verge of joining Liverpool this dude are still young they might be interested playing for us ain't sure about musaila ohhh but I believed we can have olise when he moves to Anderlecht or any premier league team.
Leeds wants oliseh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Leeds wants oliseh

he is linked with many team mainly from Belgium and premier league team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2020
Subzero047:

Palace don't play long pass football, they play beautiful counter attacking football, West Ham is also good

Any of these clubs he joins will give him game time with is important for his development

Palace play long ball jare..
It's mostly when they are facing the big 6 teams that they revert to a more counter attacking style..
Add to the fact that they are potential relegation candidates..
Game time is important,yes but the quality of the team in question is more important..

In my opinion, all those teams below the top 10 in the EPL aren't very good places for young players looking to improve their play...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

That's my point, Iwobi is levels above, but Bolasie still outperformed man.
Bolowolowo, that's why.

By the way, I knew Liverpool twitter would go into meltdown if Brewster scored.

Bolasie was outstanding quality until he got the ACL injury after surgery he struggled to get back to form.

Even went to the lowly rated Belguim league after he struggled in the Championship with Aston Villa. He then became a Lion as a winger he scored 6 in 17 games for Anderlecht his best ever perfomance. Did not do too good for Porto this season, just the one goal.

I really should have gone to watch the game but l had another game to go too.

It may be that Bolasie may find himself back in an Everton Shirt. That may spell trouble for Iwobi.

Because a back in form Bolasie on the wing is far better than Iwobi on the wing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9320) (9321) (9322) (9323) (9324) (9325) (9326) ... (16229) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Abusule007, Amedino99(m), Enoughpull, mank1234(m), Princezibk, komekn(m), Nomyth, elyte89, abbey086(m), ThanosKilla(m), Meliforme, Charly17(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.