Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,686 members, 7,844,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11827951 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9323) (9324) (9325) (9326) (9327) (9328) (9329) ... (16232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
komekn:

When the season starts you ABSOLUTELY MUST hit the ground running.

It is not that Onyekuru played badly but there were a number of players who played better than him and made a better impact.

The Martins dude was one l noticed.

He has time to recover and get back and stake a claim but his time is not unlimited.

Let's see the next few games, he has to up hus game.
on point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
jihday:
According to ratings and comment he had a very poor game, at a point he had less touches than the GK

TheLoneCitizen:

I don't understand how the coach keeps starting him, three consecutive games.

Least touches in each game

No dribbles made.

Played 90 minutes for 2/3

For a winger, that's horrible.

New season, same Onyekuru.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Really bad start for big clubs In Belgium.
Genk, Gent, Club Brugge, Anderlecht.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
It’s been a long time since Osimhen last played football. I hope he’s staying fit

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

New season, same Onyekuru.

locally produced Nigerian players get satisfied with little success. Once they achieve a little something, they easily become complacent and start loosing form. The young man might think he has arrived when he has not even started.
This is why i like Victor Osimhen. In his first match in France, he immediately scored 2 goals to announce himself.
There is an enemy called average and Nigerian players need to transcend mediocrity.
I also like Moses Simon as he had a stellar season at Nantes. Moses Simon has also transcended mediocrity
If he keeps on like this, even galatasaray will reject him and he will find himself in Sweden or any nonsense league.
Anyway, there is still time for improvement but he only has between now and January or at most the whole of this season and that will be the end
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
Philosopher1979:

locally produced Nigerian players get satisfied with little success. Once they achieve a little something, they easily become complacent and start loosing form. The young man might think he has arrived when he has not even started.
This is why i like Victor Osimhen. In his first match in France, he immediately scored 2 goals to announce himself.
There is an enemy called average and Nigerian players need to transcend mediocrity.
I also like Moses Simon as he had a stellar season at Nantes. Moses Simon has also transcended mediocrity
If he keeps on like this, even galatasaray will reject him and he will find himself in Sweden or any nonsense league.
Anyway, there is still time for improvement but he only has between now and January or at most the whole of this season and that will be the end
This is his first game angel cut him some slack nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
Edopesin:
cheesy

Chelsea are also exploring the possibility of signing Lionel Messi from Barcelona.

SportsMole

I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
Subzero047:

This is the top scorers list for the Belgian league, you know who is missing? The lion in a lower league Yannick Bolasie

To think that Bolasie who was bought for 30 million (The price tag you use to castigate Iheanacho) flopped at Everton, went to the Belgian league and scored a paltry 6 goals but Umar who was bought for nothing, had his early careers at Roma and tearing up the Serbian league is not a 'Lion in a lower league' is nothing but the height of delusion, but I'm sure you know all about it

Your delusional misguided sense of reasoning precedes you.

What on earth has Bolasie got to do with Umar or the proposition of "Lion in a lower league". I see no relationship.

Bolasie is an Everton player who had an ACL injury, had surgery and lost form.
Some players are never the same after an ACL. He then had to go on loan because he simply could not meet the standard.

However, he is a bona-fide winger and the terms of assessment for a winger are very different from a striker. For instance a winger scoring 10 goals in a season would be considered exceptional but not necessarily for a striker.

Then when you look at things with a a bit of depth we discover he played 17 games only and was able to score 6 goals. That's not amazing but quite exceptional.

I see no double standard but then someone like you would and maybe a few others as well.

Yannick Bolasie lost form and lost his position due to injury and now it seems he has recovered and is getting back to form and as such is creating an issue because he is a natural winger which Iwobi is not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Onyekuru is one of the most determined players Nigeria has.
He just needs a good coach. Niko Kovac might be one.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2020
forgiveness:

I don't think so.
It's not possible
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
Former MFM and Akwa United midfielder, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi made the team of the week in Uzbekistan.
He plays for PFK Mashal Mubarek

#copied

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Bolowolowo:

Hey never really recovered since Mbappe left
They would have at least cope with his departure but they sold almost all their first xi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
elunico:

You're always making reference to Sadiq's torrid time in Scotland with the intent to ridicule the lad.

He did very well in Holland, a league miles above the Scottish league, you'd never see that.

Weidone Sir!

Funny enough, Sadiq only played 1 game in the Scottish league.. 4 in total for Rangers...
He played 12 times in the Eredivise,scored 5 and assisted 3..

The thing about Komekn is that once he doesn't like a player,he'd do anything to discredit that player....

That really makes me really doubt if he has any kind of love for the super eagles or he is just here to market his goods...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
Chukwueze currently in action for Villarreal in their pre season game..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2020
komekn:

Your delusional misguided sense of reasoning precedes you.

What on earth has Bolasie got to do with Umar or the proposition of "Lion in a lower league". I see no relationship.

Bolasie is an Everton player who had an ACL injury, had surgery and lost form.
Some players are never the same after an ACL. He then had to go on loan because he simply could not meet the standard.

However, he is a bona-fide winger and the terms of assessment for a winger are very different from a striker. For instance a winger scoring 10 goals in a season would be considered exceptional but not necessarily for a striker.

Then when you look at things with a a bit of depth we discover he played 17 games only and was able to score 6 goals. That's not amazing but quite exceptional.

I see no double standard but then someone like you would and maybe a few others as well.

Yannick Bolasie lost form and lost his position due to injury and now it seems he has recovered and is getting back to form and as such is creating an issue because he is a natural winger which Iwobi is not.

You just argue for arguments sake, first you said he was a lion in a lower league then I brought out facts to show you he was not a lion in a lower league, you brought out ACL excuse

You didn't know he had an ACL before sprouting your lion in a lower league bullsh1t?

Get the fvck out of here!

As for your 17 game excuse, Sadiq Umar played only 24 games and trounced him with 12 goals and 14 assists ,Bolasie's position as a winger couldn't get him more assists than a 'flop' Umar? grin

Next time you come to chat sh1t bring your sense

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Danielnino00:

Funny enough, Sadiq only played 1 game in the Scottish league.. 4 in total for Rangers...
He played 12 times in the Eredivise,scored 5 and assisted 3..

The thing about Komekn is that once he doesn't like a player,he'd do anything to discredit that player....

That really makes me really doubt if he has any kind of love for the super eagles or he is just here to market his goods...

Very annoying somebody.

Just watch how he'd try to twist real events so he can weave in whatever narrative suits his prejudicial stand against such players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2020
Subzero047:

You just argue for arguments sake, first you said he was a lion in a lower league then I brought out facts to show you he was not a lion in a lower league, you brought out ACL excuse

You didn't know he had an ACL before sprouting your lion in a lower league bullsh1t?

Get the fvck out of here!

6 goals in 17 games in the Belgian league is what he is making noise about grin ..

Belgian league that Nigerians have used to play around cheesy

Simon, Onyekuru,Kalu,Imoh Ezekiel, Joseph Akpala,even Osimhen..

I don't remember him calling Osimhen a lion after his exploits in Belgium...
I actually remember him saying something like Osimhen's exploits in Belgium was no big deal because of the quality of the league cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
Danielnino00:

6 goals in 17 games in the Belgian league is what he is making noise about grin ..

I actually remember him saying something like Osimhen's exploits in Belgium was no big deal because of the quality of the league cheesy

Haha Bolasie was not even in the top 20 of goalscorers in Belgium

So much for a lion in a lower league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2020
Danielnino00:

lol men! thank God we can always check for old posts cos the way they will twist and deny what everybody saw with their korokoro eyes hian! will almost have you doubting your own name

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
Subzero047:

Haha Bolasie was not even in the top 20 of goalscorers in Belgium

So much for a lion in a lower league

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
chrisooblog:
lol men! thank God we can always check for old posts cos the way they will twist and deny what everybody saw with their korokoro eyes hian! will almost have you doubting your own name

If that brother asks me for screenshots to prove he said that,I no get time o grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2020
Can someone help with a working link for the champions league final please?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Onyekuru is one of the most determined players Nigeria has.
He just needs a good coach. Niko Kovac might be one.

Yh.And I think the coach also likes him. The excuse he gave for subbing was that he's only been with the team for two weeks

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
Please make una post link ooo. Hesgoal is messing up big time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
kellycute:
Please make una post link ooo. Hesgoal is messing up big time

https:///L7rW1iWdVP?amp=1

smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
kellycute:
it is not working

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OwxWLAwwnQKQ

Sorry, try this one.
If you're on twitter you can go to Football Center (@FDLM30). They have the link in a pinned tweet.

Commentary is in Arabic.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2020
PSG need to score more than one if they want to win this game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2020
Subzero047:
PSG need to score more than one if they want to win this game

No mind them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No mind them

Haha Andrew is back from jail grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
Meliforme:
Above average players in the current Super Eagles:
Wilfred Ndidi.
Leon Balogun.
Victor Osimhen.
Henry Onyekuru.
Samuel Chukwueze.
Alex lwobi.
Moses Simon.

Chidera Ejuke should be in the list, but he is to get an invitation first, and then feature, to get a deserved reckoning.

The listing above was drafted based on the impact the listed can exert when featured for at least 30 minutes.

Be deceiving your self while you know the truth inside your mind

Only ndidi and osimhen are above average on your list

The rest might be above average in another planet ,maybe mercury or Pluto football league and not earth

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9323) (9324) (9325) (9326) (9327) (9328) (9329) ... (16232) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9JAMac10, Mujtahida, foxman04, enlady(f), TheGoodJoe(m), WHOSEMAN(m), Marjoribanks, Napoleon55(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.