Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11830205 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9346) (9347) (9348) (9349) (9350) (9351) (9352) ... (16234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:23am On Aug 26, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Players like solanke ojo arnaut danjuma bankole etc are just average and not really an improvement on what we have but BUKAYO SAKA IS OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WORD. I mean he is the real deal. In fact he will enter England first team as i dont see who is better than him. In future he might play for barcelona or real madrid. He is legit and not some overhyped foreign born player. He is in the class of halland and Jafon sancho so his case is different.
You are right bro.But the context of our argument is a bit far off from this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

They still find themselves playing in decent league like with great pay and retirement while our best are languishing in obscure European leagues...daalu
Oga ..you are not sticking to the context of the argument.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:27am On Aug 26, 2020
You dont have to believe me but I can bet a billion 99.9% of these English born never dreamt of playing for Nigeria except in rare cases like Iwobi the crappy , Aribo and Ajayi. And if Ajayi was playing to football before we approached him he will ignore you and mock you join...lol. Dont forget the Abraham humiliation....lmao. Cold blooded !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:29am On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

It's not about how many but the system that presents boundless opportunities even for the crappy ones among them. Our boys in Nigeria don't even have 1% of the opportunities these English born enjoy. If Nwakali was an English he may have won EPL player of the year by now.

Think about it for a moment
what you were implying here was that those English guys were only good (good..as in on the field kinda good)due to privileges and opportunities they enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:29am On Aug 26, 2020
mostob:
Oga ..you are not sticking to the context of the argument.

How ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2020
mostob:
what you were implying here was that those English guys were only good (good..as in on the field kinda good)due to privileges and opportunities they enjoy.

No , that's is looking at it from one angle and don't tell me what I am "implying" because you are not in my head.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:34am On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:
You dont have to believe me but I can bet a billion 99.9% of these English born never dreamt of playing for Nigeria except in rare cases like Iwobi the crappy , Aribo and Ajayi. And if Ajayi was playing to football before we approached him he will ignore you and mock you join...lol. Dont forget the Abraham humiliation....lmao. Cold blooded !
Lolz.. you know you have a point sha . But if not for age cheat and other factors, I want to believe we won't be after all these foreign borns. In the last 7 years, our younger teams have produced the like of Osimhen ,Kelechi, Samu ,Awaziem and co. for the national team. Imagine it keeps happening like this every 2-3 years,we won't be after those BOROUGH boys. In other words,they would be after us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

No , that's is looking at it from one angle and don't tell me what I am "implying" because you are not in my head.
OK bro. I might have misunderstood you...Daluu

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2020
I said his heart is with England for now. And I revealed part of his podcast chat with Onuoha showing that.

And yes, my info is correct as regards to Rohr's response hoping something can change but as things stand, Eze's heart is with England right now. He made his U-21 debut when he rejected the chance to turn out for us naa so he is expected to be called up again after a good season. The issue here is his senior decision and I think for now, Eze leans towards England.

I don't see how this contradicts anything I have been saying so far.

As for Saka... No wahala. It is the U-21s. Not the senior team. The senior team would have been the killer blow. Lad was approached and asked to be given time. It is true. This doesn't contradict that.

Danielnino00:
England u-21 squad..

Thesupernerd, are u sure your info was correct ?
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:37am On Aug 26, 2020
I just saw that onazi has done medicals and set to join seria A new boys crotone

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:42am On Aug 26, 2020
Slaps hard how?

Haven't I already stated he revealed in a podcast with Onuoha he seems to prefer England over Nigeria now?

I don't think we should be surprised he was called up again for the U-21s. He chose them over us when we approached him last year. Simple. I think we should just leave Eze. Rohr only said he hopes so b'cos he loves to keep chances open but in actuality, we have moved on to other options available and likely to be available.

On Saka, it is the U-21 not the senior side. England won't just let go. Simple. An U-21 invite is not the end. But he indeed said no to southgate and asked for time. In the end, he will have to decide but for now, he hasn't.

JayromWrites:

Chai

This slaps hard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2020
Got the news since two days now but was only gonna reveal it when it is done. I just tire for Onazi matter but yes the links to CROTONE is cogent with news of medicals done.

andrewbaba44:
I just saw that onazi has done medicals and set to join seria A new boys crotone

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I said his heart is with England for now. And I revealed part of his podcast chat with Onuoha showing that.

And yes, my info is correct as regards to Rohr's response hoping something can change but as things stand, Eze's heart is with England right now. He made his U-21 debut when he rejected the chance to turn out for us naa so he is expected to be called up again after a good season. The issue here is his senior decision and I think for now, Eze leans towards England.

Nerdy, nwa mama, I know you meant well but its time to give up. I saw your post about Saka this morning and just smiled. I told you guys to leave these boys alone....they are not one of us even Iwobi. They all bow to the English crown if you know what I mean
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:49am On Aug 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Got the news since two days now but was only gonna reveal it when it is done. I just tire for Onazi matter but yes the links to CROTONE is cogent with news of medicals done.

Lol

Why you tire for onazi ,joining crotone will be good nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:51am On Aug 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Slaps hard how?

Haven't I already stated he revealed in a podcast with Onuoha he seems to prefer England over Nigeria now?

I don't think we should be surprised he was called up again for the U-21s. He chose them over us when we approached him last year. Simple. I think we should just leave Eze. Rohr only said he hopes so b'cos he loves to keep chances open but in actuality, we have moved on to other options available and likely to be available.

Dont do this, dear brother. You were sort confident according to your post this morning that Saka had asked Southgate to excuse him. In my mind , I knew it was unlikely and Saka doesnt have the balls. The English media will destroy him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2020
Well, I have always said that it would be very hard picking Nigeria over England given the benefits one enjoys being an English International but I was particular about Saka b'cos the lad would have easily accepted a senior call up but he didn't. He asked for time both from Nigeria and from England. That keeps me interested for now. Until he says or implied an outright no like Billing did with his actions, then my interests remains and my ears stay to the ground.

IDENNAA:

Nerdy, nwa mama, I know you meant well but its time to give up. I saw your post about Saka this morning and just smiled. I told you guys to leave these boys alone....they are not one of us even Iwobi. They all bow to the English crown if you know what I mean

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:54am On Aug 26, 2020
I was confident in my suspicions yesterday and today I confirmed that it is so. Saka did ask to be left out of the senior squad. He asked for time. Nigeria too approached and he asked for time. He hasn't said yes to any of the senior sides. That's how things stand for now.

IDENNAA:

Dont do this, dear brother. You were sort confident according to your post this morning that Saka had asked Southgate to excuse him. In my mind , I knew it was unlikely and Saka doesnt have the balls. The English media will destroy him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56am On Aug 26, 2020
His club movements have been somehow. From Trabzonspor to Denizlispor... Cancelled contract or so with them and became clubless for a while... Haven't played consistent football in a good while too and now linked to CROTONE. Well, I hope this settles things for him again.

andrewbaba44:

Lol

Why you tire for onazi ,joining crotone will be good nah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I was confident in my suspicions yesterday and today I confirmed that it is so. Saka did ask to be left out of the senior squad. He asked for time. Nigeria too approached and he asked for time. He hasn't said yes to any of the senior sides. That's how things stand for now.

Nnaa , you know the truth. Saka will never turn England down if they approached him. You still would not if it were you. His parents will also advise him to stick with England.

For instance, I am hoping that my very athletic daughter does track and field and if God willing she comes good why would I let him run for Nigeria and regret it for the rest of her life while she can run for U.S and become instantly wealthy. Its common sense,right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
mostob:
Lolz.. you know you have a point sha . But if not for age cheat and other factors, I want to believe we won't be after all these foreign borns. In the last 7 years, our younger teams have produced the like of Osimhen ,Kelechi, Samu ,Awaziem and co. for the national team. Imagine it keeps happening like this every 2-3 years,we won't be after those BOROUGH boys. In other words,they would be after us

One thing that you really need to understand VERY CLEARLY.

Any young Africa origin player in England and Europe in general doing well does not need the Nigerian national team to progress his career.

However, for players born in Nigeria and playing in Nigeria they ABSOLUTELY NEED the national team to progress their careers. Playing youth football may be the big step to a fruitful career in Europe.

Eberechi Eze, l said this ages ago will play for Nigeria once he has settled his long term contract. Part of that process is creating value as a English national team prospect. That brings more value and interest in the short term.

The idea they will be after us is not exactly true. However, for the love of the Father land they will play for Nigeria.

That possibility is becoming more above board with Yobo in the process. And l see a lot more Nigeria origin players playing for Nigeria who are playing in England.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
If I catch Onazi for Super Eagles na to just kick person for blokos be that...carpenta ancestor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
His club movements have been somehow. From Trabzonspor to Denizlispor... Cancelled contract or so with them and became clubless for a while... Haven't played consistent football in a good while too and now linked to CROTONE. Well, I hope this settles things for him again.

That’s true

Wetin e even find go denizlispor at first

Make this crotone news be real o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
komekn:

Any young Africa origin player in England and Europe in general doing well does not need the Nigerian national team to progress his career.

However, for players born in Nigeria and playing in Nigeria they ABSOLUTELY NEED the national team to progress their careers. Playing youth football may be the big step to a fruitful career in Europe.

Eberechi Eze, l said this ages ago will play for Nigeria once he has settled his long term contract. Part of that process is creating value as a English national team prospect. That brings more value and interest in the short term.

The idea they will be after us is not exactly true. However, for the love of the Father land they will play for Nigeria.

That possibility is becoming more above board with Yobo in the process. And l see a lot more Nigeria origin players playing for Nigeria who are playing in England.

If Eberechi Eze becomes really good he will not play for Nigeria of England wanst him, period.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
In the meantime four Nigerian origin players just signed for a very top EPL club U23's.

Let's see how they will progress.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

If Eberechi Eze becomes really good he will not play for Nigeria of England wanst him, period.

Would you like to put a wager on that.

To know not but to think that you know is more than ignorant. How many Nigerian origin players do you know in England, that makes you jump to this very misguided deduction.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
komekn:

ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
Well, you cannot speak for me. I am full of surprises most times. grin

But I admit it is hard for any Naija lad born abroad to turn down their adopted nations over the nations of their parent(s). With England, a lot is in stock for you financial wise and more... Lots of privileges... So it would take a lad with balls and a strongly made up mind to say No to England or any top European nation.

But I still wonder why Saka at 18 didn't take the chance right now to get into Southgate's England side. He asked for time. He didn't reject them or tell them he won't play for them... But he just asked for a little more time just as he did when we approached. It is a wow moment to me b'cos other youngsters will jump at that opportunity.

I think he is the first in a long while to drag his feet on a possible England senior Call-up before the official list was released. Southgate always informs the players he calls up before he releases his list, he did same with Leeds' Kalvin Phillips. Lad was excited. But Saka asked for time. It is a wonder.

Anyway, England still has a chance with Saka just as Nigeria still has a chance. In the end, Saka will decide and we will move on afterwards with Saka in a three lions shirt or in a Super Eagles shirt. Time will tell.

IDENNAA:

Nnaa , you know the truth. Saka will never turn England down if they approached him. You still would not if it were you. His parents will also advise him to stick with England.

For instance, I am hoping that my very athletic daughter does track and field and if God willing she comes good why would I let him run for Nigeria and regret it for the rest of her life while she can run for U.S and become instantly wealthy. Its common sense,right

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
komekn:
In the meantime four Nigerian origin players just signed for a very top EPL club U23's.

Let's see how they will progress.

Their names?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

As for Saka... No wahala. It is the U-21s. Not the senior team. The senior team would have been the killer blow. Lad was approached and asked to be given time. It is true. This doesn't contradict that.

So he prefers England u-21 to the three lions and the super eagles..
That's interesting...

Meanwhile, Southgate said nothing about Saka asking for more time.. his excuse was that Saka is more of an attacking player and he has enough option in the role already...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Southgate said what he had to say to the media Danny. You actually think he would reveal something like that to the very sentimental English media? Hahahahahaha... This info is true. Saka asked for time. He and his family said similar thing when we approached him too and held meetings with him and his agent and family.

So yes, this U-21 Call-up is just b'cos of the pressure on the lad. England wants to hold the advantage. Accepting the call won't end his chances of deciding which nation he commits to at senior level. He asked for time on that. Accepting a senior call up to England now would mean bye bye to any chance of a switch unless ofcos that rule for U-21 players with less than a certain no. of games-switching nations is approved.

Danielnino00:

So he prefers England u-21 to the three lions and the super eagles..
That's interesting...

Meanwhile, Southgate said nothing about Saka asking for more time.. his excuse was that Saka is more of an attacking player and he has enough option in the role already...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
komekn:

Would you like to put a wager on that.

To know not but to think that you know is more than ignorant. How many Nigerian origin players do you know in England, that makes you jump to this very misguided deduction.

Do you have dementia ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today - August 26

UEFA Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round - One leg ties

Leke James (FK Molde) vs Celje - Away game.

Kelvin Arase (Rapid Wien) vs Lokomotiva NK - Away game.

Frank Onyeka (FC Midtjylland) vs Ludogorets - Away game.

Russian Premier League

Sylvester Igboun (Dinamo Moscow) vs Zenit St Petersburg - Home game.

Club Friendlies

Xavier Amaechi (Hamburg) vs Stuttgart

Samson Tijani (TSV Hartberg) vs Hannover 96

Sebastian Osigwe (FC Lugano) vs Bellinzona

Kelechi Nwakali (SD Huesca) vs Alaves

Saturday Keigo Erimuya (Cadiz) vs Malaga

Bonus: From Africa

Tunisian Ligue 1

Anthony Okpotu (US Monastir) vs US Tataouine

**Okpotu has 13 league goals so far.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9346) (9347) (9348) (9349) (9350) (9351) (9352) ... (16234) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: enlady(f) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.