Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,689 members, 7,844,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11828020 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9347) (9348) (9349) (9350) (9351) (9352) (9353) ... (16233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Chris. It is true we have options but having Saka will be another bonus too. It's not like we won't still be dangerous on the flanks without him but with him, we are assured of even stronger quality depth and his crossing weaponry.

And I have some news for you. With Eze's move to Crystal Palace close and probably almost done a close contact of mine got in touch with Rohr and asked about the possibility of Eze's switch to Nigeria. He asked b'cos we understand from previous narratives this is what Eze wanted to settle first (bagging an EPL move) before making a decision.

Rohr's reply was "We hope so".

Now that podcast with Nedum Onuoha I referred to that Ebere Eze had recently.

Look at part of what he said...

He said when he came to the Nigerian training camp, he thought " that is where he wanted to be" but after playing for the English youth team, he began to think that he might have regretted playing for Nigeria.

As Eze said this, Nedum Onuoha stopped him in his tracks and quickly corrected him not to use the word regret or say he would have regretted making an early decision to choose Nigeria. Onuoha told him that even he himself regrets not choosing Nigeria when the opportunity came and further implied that Eze should not make same mistake.

They said a lot. Onuoha just saved Eze's ass in that podcast bcoz he knows if Eze repeats it to the mainstream media, Naija media would jump on it and that would be the end of his chances with us. For now, it is clear the lad's heart is with England for now. Perhaps with time, he will have a change of heart. Maybe Onuoha's words will give him a tough rethink and maybe this EPL move will now see him arrive at a decision once and for all. I know we need more AM options but Eze must be willing too. If someone doesn't need us, then we don't need him too. But time will tell what his final decision will be.

Na ogun go kee him papa der, he can go suck Southgate balls we don't care

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Man, this is uncalled for. The career is his, so also is his choice.

jihday:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:
You dont have to believe me but I can bet a billion 99.9% of these English born never dreamt of playing for Nigeria except in rare cases like Iwobi the crappy , Aribo and Ajayi. And if Ajayi was playing to football before we approached him he will ignore you and mock you join...lol. Dont forget the Abraham humiliation....lmao. Cold blooded !
Guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Stop joor. You're not even being constructive a bit. Saka stats this season, pls if that stat is average for an 18yr old, pls tell me the stats for our any current player in SE that's better for his Assists stats.

If they reject SE, e go pain. But not this rant that local players are way way better. You're off on that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2020
For the umpteenth time, most of the image and ideas they dual borns have about Nigeria's SE is wayyyy to low and outta Premium Ignorance!!!!

One would think they've done allllll their research about the National Team, etc.

And this ignorance bliss is most likely to affect 8/10 of them no doubt, prior to making their final decision. They should blame themselves.

Hearsay in such matters is a crappy one. Abi is there need for a whatsapp group where Fashanu and Nedum are Group Admins for guys in the mix?

Iwobi was very lucky to have Uncle JJand Papilo nearby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
Leicester vs Birmingham preseason friendly currently underway.

No Ndidi or Iheanacho in first XI. Perhaps we would see them later on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Leicester vs Birmingham preseason friendly currently underway.

No Ndidi or Iheanacho in first XI. Perhaps we would see them later on.
I'd love to see them on Transfer Radars. Dunno wassup tho. No reachouts from any team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
Was about to say same. Jihday calm down, lol. In the end, it is these guys' choices. England will always be more attractive than Nigeria as things stand. Those who will play for us will play for us. It is well.

ChrisKels:
Man, this is uncalled for. The career is his, so also is his choice.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Danielnino00:

So he prefers England u-21 to the three lions and the super eagles..
That's interesting...

Meanwhile, Southgate said nothing about Saka asking for more time.. his excuse was that Saka is more of an attacking player and he has enough option in the role already...

He said he has more attacking players, and he has enough option in the role already, yet he didn't take a look at the options he has in leftback.
For your info Saka have been called to the England u21 squad as a defender ant not an attacker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
daveP:
Guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Stop joor. You're not even being constructive a bit. Saka stats this season, pls if that stat is average for an 18yr old, pls tell me the stats for our any current player in SE that's better for his Assists stats.

If they reject SE, e go pain. But not this rant that local players are way way better. You're off on that.

Person wey ignore advise we give am on a daily basis about crack cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
JayromWrites:
Saka is just as Nigerian as Nwakali or Tijani

I wonder why someone will downplay his achievements because he was born abroad

Abeg keep your hatred one side!!

We are all Nigerians

Please can we print and laminate and paste it at the entrance of the page?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Slaps hard how?

Haven't I already stated he revealed in a podcast with Onuoha he seems to prefer England over Nigeria now?

I don't think we should be surprised he was called up again for the U-21s. He chose them over us when we approached him last year. Simple. I think we should just leave Eze. Rohr only said he hopes so b'cos he loves to keep chances open but in actuality, we have moved on to other options available and likely to be available.

On Saka, it is the U-21 not the senior side. England won't just let go. Simple. An U-21 invite is not the end. But he indeed said no to southgate and asked for time. In the end, he will have to decide but for now, he hasn't.

The grass is always green on the other side.

We should learn to enjoy and celebrate that which is within our grasp, because they are always the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
Eizzy003:

He said he has more attacking players, and he has enough option in the role already, yet he didn't take a look at the options he has in leftback.
For your info Saka have been called to the England u21 squad as a defender ant not an attacker

Well..that's what he said..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Nwakali will win the epl player of the year if he was English ?

Continue taking hard drugs

Even the English self Dey get wasted talent ,eg Ravel Morrison
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
We have been disappointed 5 times

This thread is the epitome of unending hope grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Players like solanke ojo arnaut danjuma bankole etc are just average and not really an improvement on what we have but BUKAYO SAKA IS OUTSTANDING IN EVERY WORD. I mean he is the real deal. In fact he will enter England first team as i dont see who is better than him. In future he might play for barcelona or real madrid. He is legit and not some overhyped foreign born player. He is in the class of halland and Jafon sancho so his case is different.
Lol Saka same class as Halaand and Sancho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

Nnaa , you know the truth. Saka will never turn England down if they approached him. You still would not if it were you. His parents will also advise him to stick with England.

For instance, I am hoping that my very athletic daughter does track and field and if God willing she comes good why would I let him run for Nigeria and regret it for the rest of her life while she can run for U.S and become instantly wealthy. Its common sense,right

I get you last paragraph... Very valid point. But can you stop calling them names?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
komekn:
In the meantime four Nigerian origin players just signed for a very top EPL club U23's.

Let's see how they will progress.

Names plus source
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
jihday:
hahahahaha. Na real "ogun" grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

It's called privilege nothing more. He is a product of the English system and they look out for their own.

the five assist he had was privilege too

grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

It's not about how many but the system that presents boundless opportunities even for the crappy ones among them. Our boys in Nigeria don't even have 1% of the opportunities these English born enjoy. If Nwakali was an English he may have won EPL player of the year by now.

Think about it for a moment

How??How will he win it??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
The hope many have here en...
grin It's the Fulham boy that may finally cause stroke to some here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

It's not about how many but the system that presents boundless opportunities even for the crappy ones among them. Our boys in Nigeria don't even have 1% of the opportunities these English born enjoy. If Nwakali was an English he may have won EPL player of the year by now.

Think about it for a moment

If Nwakali was English he would be in non league and or out of football.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
komekn:

You said something similar about Osimhen back then..

While,here we are...

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
soetanoreoluwa:

Names plus source

The source is me.

You should know that l go to a lot of clubs for games and training sessions.

Furthermore, because only a very few EPL clubs have opened their youth teams for training. I would be compromising my anonymity.

But it's not a big deal, because there is no top EPL academy that does not have a good number of Nigerian origin players in the club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
Danielnino00:

You said something similar about Osimhen back then..

While,here we are...

Similar being the operative word.

And AT THAT TIME.

And using the framework of competency used in English clubs in that regard IF he had come to England AT THAT TIME. Do you think he would be playing in the EPL ❓ Considering he could not cut it in a less competitive Bundesliga. And a very impatient and less forgiving EPL.

IF is a very big word, with many variables. These decisions and opportunities determine FAILURE or SUCCESS with its very small divide.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
komekn:

cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
Subzero047:
We have been disappointed 5 times

This thread is the epitome of unending hope grin
Add a zero to the front of that 5. Ehen thats the actual number. Or +3 to your moniker!! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
komekn:

Similar being the operative word.

And AT THAT TIME.

And using the framework of competency used in English clubs in that regard IF he had come to England AT THAT TIME. Do you think he would be playing in the EPL ❓ Considering he could not cut it in a less competitive Bundesliga. And a very impatient and less forgiving EPL.

IF is a very big word, with many variables. These decisions and opportunities determine FAILURE or SUCCESS with its very small divide.

As at this time,if Nwakali was English,he would be playing in the EPL or championship..

If the likes of Ibe, Solanke,Shola Ameobi,etc could play in the premier league,what makes you think Nwakali won't??

England has produced a lot of crappy players over the years who have managed to get into premier league and championship teams,and u think Nwakali won't??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
Niggas got no chill. Abeg , I nobi Saka wey ignore go dey play with U21....lmao
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Danielnino00:

As at this time,if Nwakali was English,he would be playing in the EPL or championship..

If the likes of Ibe, Solanke,Shola Ameobi,etc could play in the premier league,what makes you think Nwakali won't??

England has produced a lot of crappy players over the years who have managed to get into premier league and championship teams,and u think Nwakali won't??

1000 likes

The Saka I watched last season is not better than Onyekuru or Ejuke. And if these two players were English they would be on every football fan lip. Thats called privilege . Saka might be considerably good but if he was Nigeria he would not be playing for Arsenal rather in obscure leagues in Europe. The English knows this but the likes Sheyishemba and Charles who are devoid of any rational reasoning would not get it. Shame!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Danielnino00:

There are many too many academy boys that have earned £20k a week in big clubs as youth players. After 3,4,5 yeare they are in non league.

Nwakali is nothing exceptional in reality quite poor.

He is not any better than the boys who did not make it. his talent is very limited and so is his mentality.

Sometimes mentality can be more important than talent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
You have come again. "Osimhen not good enough for the youth teams of Championship club sides" never do you, you have dropped another one. How KOMEKNISH of you.

komekn:

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9347) (9348) (9349) (9350) (9351) (9352) (9353) ... (16233) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m), Napoleon55(m), Jefersoun, Meliforme, mostob(m), Marjoribanks, TheGoodJoe(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.