Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,417 members, 7,850,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11864301 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9401) (9402) (9403) (9404) (9405) (9406) (9407) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edopesin:

Sorry but neither class nor form is permanent as both are dependent on productivity which is lacking in the teams you mentioned

Chelsea has won 11 Major trophies in the last 10 years and Liverpool has won just 3

You're even funny putting Liverpool with the likes of Real Madrid, when you're not even better than Chelsea

You're talking about pedigree when you have only 1 league trophy in 30 years, Leicester have 1 in 10 years

Small club..small talks cheesy kid

In your mind,you a bigger than AC Milan because you have won 11 trophies in 10 years cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Not to take anything away from osimhen,wetin go happen for sunday, na from Saturday we go sabi...nice performance...however ,its an Amatuer side cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Osimhen and Lozano were beautiful to watch today. Two fast and sound ballers.

Osimhen - Another Hattrick

Lozano - 1 goal, 1 assist (for Osimhen).

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Serie C is not amateur. cool

elyte89:
Not to take anything away from osimhen,wetin go happen for sunday, na from Saturday we go sabi...nice performance...however ,its an Amatuer side cool

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Osimhen today against a much stronger side than L'aquila and he still bagged a hattrick.

He did it playing without Insigne and Mertens. He was flanked by Lozano and Politano. Younes played behind him and even assisted his third goal. Lozano assisted his first. Politano kinda assisted his third. Would pass that as an assist.

No Mertens behind him, no Insigne. Yet Victor delivered another three goals masterclass.

My people, we know this already but we must emphasize that Victor is truly dangerous. He is an assassin.

Hold-up play on point, link-up play very good even if he did misplaced few passes. He took some risks and tried to do some combo plays with his wingers especially Lozano some of which paid off and their understanding is beginning to grow.

Victor loves to play with his wingers. He loves to merge his game play IQ with theirs and produce fine combo plays. He does this with Chukwueze in the national team and I see another growing quickly at Napoli with Lozano and Insigne.

Serie A beware.... Our Monster Machine is coming. And scoring is not all he can do. There is more. wink

Reminds me of the options in attack Gattuso speaks of... Nice reading good stuffs like this.. Thanks boss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Serie C is not amateur. cool

Ehen...okay..I no sabi am b dt cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
elyte89:

I see what you did there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

Small club..small talks cheesy kid

In your mind,you a bigger than AC Milan because you have won 11 trophies in 10 years cheesy

Triggered
Whatever makes you feel better

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edopesin:

Triggered
Whatever makes you feel better

Pele o.. 11 trophies club cheesy ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2020
Lol... Elyte my man.... Anyway, Good thing you admit you no know. And even the last team L'aquila is a Serie D team. So he hasn't played any amateurs so far.

Dont worry, I am still checking on your son, Haaland. His own hattrick is coming okay. He played against Jamilu and Paderborn but well, no goal. Just hold on. Na just time. grin

Meanwhile, He has a game today against Austria. Hattrick loading? wink

elyte89:

Ehen...okay..I no sabi am b dt cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

Pele o.. 11 trophies club cheesy ..

E ku se o

3 trophies in 10 years club cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
elyte89:

It doesn't matter if it's a bunch of 10 years olds he scored against..
The fact that he scored shows that he is blending in well with his team mates.... He is getting used to the system to be used when the season starts and he knows where the goalpost is..

I have no doubt that he will perform when the season starts...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
thanks chief
Melvinity:
Edopesin, Andy, Daniel, Subzero, elytecheesy I just dey enjoy una since... Shout out to Forgiveness and argument. And Chrisooblog, u are going well.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edopesin:

E ku se o

3 trophies in 10 years club cheesy

E se o..

Club wey ur legend never win player of the month award cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
elyte89:
yeah amateur side but fernado Llorente nor even fit score one goal agaisnt them. Leave matter. Osimbaba aka "monster machine" grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

E se o..

Club wey ur legend never win player of the month award cheesy

grin
e sha win player of the year so that one na mumu talk

Gerrard una legend how many league trophy he carry? cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Melvinity:
Edopesin, Andy, Daniel, Subzero, elytecheesy I just dey enjoy una since... Shout out to Forgiveness and argument. And Chrisooblog, u are going well.....

Na thesupernerd get forgiveness time

Who get him power ?

Baba go finish you with UEFA coefficient and transfermkt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edopesin:
Lozano and Osimhen combo is muah!

The season should do and start

I hope Lozano will get more game time sha

Victor na sure banker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nwakali on the bench as Huesca lead 1-0 at half time..

Hopefully he gets to play d second half...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Another hattrick

Say my name.... cool

Wow

This is a moral booster

I guess we all can’t wait for the seria A to kickoff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
IDENNAA:
Ballon dor loading...remember this comment.

Calm down

But the future is bright sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
OSIGOAAAALLLLLLLLL..........

TheSuperNerd:
Another hattrick
Say my name.... cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Hehehehehe.... You didn't reply to the part of Yakubu playing in a much better league than Alampasu naa. You completely left it unaddressed. So you "stylishly" agreed. Or you still saying that is not so? grin

And there was nothing really to correct. Was using 2021 rankings that will kick in once this year is over, Latvia will be #38 dropping one place from #37. Austria will be #10. Moving 2 places up from #12. And Israel will be #22. It was only a matter of which year ratings we were using. The one you dropped is for 2020 but small changes are expected to be made soon.

Now, I corrected you on the 2020 rankings saying Israel is actually 14 places higher than Latvia. You said 12. Probably a miscalculation on your part. And the point remains same... Both Austria and Israel are leagues upon leagues above Latvia. Finito on that.

And I already answered you on this 2nd tier thing. I just told you English Championship is definitely better in quality than some top flights in Europe like Sweden for instance. And I see the same thing when the 2nd tiers of Israel and Austria are brought in comparison with Latvia based on quality. Simple.
The Championship is definitely better than some top flight leagues in Europe like Sweden, Norway and even Israel but since there is no actual rankings to assess that would you say that is also not true? Come on. Lol.

The last time I checked, Alampasu is playing in Europa League while Yakubu is not.

Can you show me the 2021 UEFA ranking?

Well, according to you, 2021 ranking will kick start in 2021 hence 2020 ranking is Valid for now.

Based on this, you needed to be corrected and you were because we are talking about NOW.

Both Isreal and Austria leagues are above Latvia league. There was no time I disputed this fact but Adeleye and Tobias are NOT playing in AUSTRIA and ISREALI FIRST DIVISIONS. FACTS.

It remains your own personal opinion. Latvia league is ranked above Austria and Isreali second leagues leagues. Fact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Na thesupernerd get forgiveness time

Who get him power ?

Baba go finish you with UEFA coefficient and transfermkt
grin grin aswear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nice play from Osimhen. what can i say Osigoal knows where the back of the net is grin

my only critique of him is his link play today though ok could be better but i'm sure that will come as he gets used to his teammates.

His burst of pace and movement will be a real devastating weapon against Seria A defenders can't wait.

Happy he took his goals well that can only boost his confidence and make his teammates trust him more when he asks for the ball.

still early days more learning to be done but like elyte rightly said it's from the morning you will know how the day will pan out. praying for an injury free season for Victor.

TheSuperNerd:
Osimhen today against a much stronger side than L'aquila and he still bagged a hattrick.

He did it playing without Insigne and Mertens. He was flanked by Lozano and Politano. Younes played behind him and even assisted his third goal. Lozano assisted his first. Politano kinda assisted his third. Would pass that as an assist.

No Mertens behind him, no Insigne. Yet Victor delivered another three goals masterclass.

My people, we know this already but we must emphasize that Victor is truly dangerous. He is an assassin.

Hold-up play on point, link-up play very good even if he did misplaced few passes. He took some risks and tried to do some combo plays with his wingers especially Lozano some of which paid off and their understanding is beginning to grow.

Victor loves to play with his wingers. He loves to merge his game play IQ with theirs and produce fine combo plays. He does this with Chukwueze in the national team and I see another growing quickly at Napoli with Lozano and Insigne.

Serie A beware.... Our Monster Machine is coming. And scoring is not all he can do. There is more. wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Honestly, I got Sept.20 locked down on my calendar. A Sunday. Napoli kick off away at Parma.

But before then shaa, Napoli has two more friendlies on the 11th vs Pescara and on the 13th against Sporting Lisbon CP.

There is also the Super Coppa Italiana vs Juventus but I don't know yet when that will be coming up. Maybe a few weeks into the new season.

andrewbaba44:

Wow

This is a moral booster

I guess we all can’t wait for the seria A to kickoff

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nwakali is on for the second half..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
Melvinity:

Thanks. Welcome

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Both rankings are valid. But let's work with the 2020 you posted. It's very much okay.

And calm down Naa... Alampasu played in the first round of the Europa league qualifiers and they took on a team from Moldova. Latvia is ranked higher than Moldova Naa. They even managed to win. The team was Dinamo Auto. So man relax. I dey follow this guy bumper to bumper. grin

Okay, Samson Tijani is also gonna be playing Europa league qualifying with TSV Hartberg, does this now mean he is playing at a higher level than Mikel Agu? Agu did his thing in Portugal last season and still is in Portugal pending when his Nantes move does materialise.

Talking where both currently play comes down to the league eventually. Yakubu is in a league more highly rated than Latvia. That is the fact I want you to accept and be okay with.

And the again I say that the other two have been performing well in decent 2nd tier leagues and one of them is now bound to go up with the first team. Also, I have seen the quality of the leagues concerned and it is understandable why Alampasu is not in the picture for now. Besides, Alampasu just returned and is trying to have his first full season in a long while. Allow the lad. Don't try to rush him by insisting he must be called up now.

Finally, If it is just my opinion that the Austria 2nd tier is not below Latvia then you must also then disagree with me for saying that the Championship is better than some European top flight leagues. Finito.

forgiveness:

The last time I checked, Alampasu is playing in Europa League while Yakubu is not.

Can you show me the 2021 UEFA ranking?

Well, according to you, 2021 ranking will kick start in 2021 hence 2020 ranking is Valid for now.

Based on this, you needed to be corrected and you were because we are talking about NOW.

Both Isreal and Austria leagues are above Latvia league. There was no time I disputed this fact but Adeleye and Tobias are NOT playing in AUSTRIA and ISREALI FIRST DIVISIONS. FACTS.

It remains your own personal opinion. Latvia league is ranked above Austria and Isreali second leagues leagues. Fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
Expected. Thanks for the reminder Danny.

Danielnino00:
Nwakali is on for the second half..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Expected. Thanks for the reminder Danny.

please post link
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
Can't see any for now. But will check later and watch it if I find.

kellycute:
please post link

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9401) (9402) (9403) (9404) (9405) (9406) (9407) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jefersoun, bossto(m), Napoleon55(m), EEGA, lelion and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.