Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11749020 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9398) (9399) (9400) (9401) (9402) (9403) (9404) ... (16181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
And it is rather your assertion that Alampasu plays at the Highest level compared to lads like Yakubu and even Tobias that is right abi?? grin

I have taken out time to watch Alampasu in Latvia. I have seen the quality of the league. I don't just go by their low Uefa ratings. I have seen it for myself and the truth is what I say. The Latvian league is not better than the Austrian Bundesliga 2. It is also of a lower level compared to the Slovakian league so no way Slovakia and Latvia are "almost on same level".

Like I said, I rate Alampasu and want him to do well and work his way back into NT reckoning but right now, a Super Eagles invite is not on the table and rightfully so. Allow the lad to keep doing what he is currently doing for Ventspils. He is working his way back after a long time out in the cold of inactivity.

And bringing in Championship better than Ligue 1 is really funny. How is the Championship (2nd tier of Europe's #2 league) better than the Top-flight of Europe's #5 league?? Do you see the quality of Neymar, Ben Yedder, Mbappe, Fonte, Depay, Camavinga in the Championship??

Saying the 2nd tier of a #10 league and #22 league is not below the quality or is even better than the quality of a league rated #38 is definitely not the same as saying Championship over Ligue 1.
England is #2. France is #5. And we both have seen the strength of both leagues.

But in the case of Latvia... Come on... #38 that is 28 places and 16 places below Austria and Israel respectively. Ofcos I can compare their 2nd tiers to Latvia coz I have seen games from there too and I can tell you that the quality of Latvia is not better. Even Rohr knows this.

The fact that Latvia league is ranked higher than Isreal and Austria second divisions in the UEFA ranking, Alampasu is playing at the highest level compared to them.

I will rather go with UEFA who are professionals and are in the business of ranking leagues and clubs based on designed and acceptable metrics than accept your own personal verdicts through personal observations and opinions.

As it stands, Latvia league is better than the second divisions of Isreal and Austria leagues.

Is championship better than Eredivisie, Belgium pro League, Russian league, Turkish league, Austria league, Greece, Switzerland leagues?

Let us forget about Ligue 1 and Bundesliga.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Lol why he go pain us Bro

Drogba won us trophies man, when he was needed he turn up

Drogba play ball comot go Nations cup,come back and he still win golden boot

We are not talking about trophies here ,Mané salah also won Liverpool trophies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Lol nobody is saying Drogba is better than Eto

You said Yakubu would have scored more goals if he had join a bigger team than where he played and he is saying the same thing too Drogba would have scored more too if he had played for a bigger club too

Why you no wan agree to Drogba own but you wan agree for Yakubu own?

Why are Chelsea fans saying drogba is better than Henry grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
How about Yakubu? Slovakia is way higher than Latvia. Is Alampasu playing at the Highest level compared to him?

You said Alampasu is at the highest level compared to all of them.

And I insist I have seen games from the 2nd tier in Israel and Austria and that of Latvia's top flight is nothing to write home about comparatively. Even leagues in Liechtenstein, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan are rated higher. That says a lot.

But since we talking top flight now... and UEFA's ratings of only top flight leagues.. Fine then, let me narrow it to just these.

And ofcos, you will rather go with UEFA b'cos you want to make a silly desperate case for Alampasu who is just trying to pick himself up in Latvia. Oga, Alampasu is not deserving of any NT invite now. Allow the lad be and his time will come.

Now about you even using UEFA ratings, the thing is that it still so much defeats your argument for Dele.grin B'cos now....

....since you trust UEFA so much and recognise they are EXPERTS then you won't argue about a Tobias who is a part of the LASK first team, who are in the Austrian Bundesliga and Austria is #10, 28 places above Latvia and also you won't see a problem with Yakubu too who is first choice for Sered in the Slovakian league, 8 whole places above Latvia. Case closed. grin

P.S: The Alampasu you are arguing for. Have you taken the time to watch at least three games of his in Latvia? wink

forgiveness:

The fact that Latvia league is ranked higher than Isreal and Austria second divisions in the UEFA ranking, Alampasu is playing at the highest level compared to them.

I will rather go with UEFA who are professionals and are in the business of ranking leagues and clubs based on designed and acceptable metrics than accept your own personal verdicts through personal observations and opinions.

As it stands, Latvia league is better than the second divisions of Isreal and Austria leagues.

Is championship better than Eredivisie, Belgium pro League, Russian league, Turkish league, Austria league, Greece, Switzerland leagues?

Let us forget about Ligue 1 and Bundesliga.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edopesin:
La liga just issued a statement saying that Messi's €700m buyout clause is valid

Barca's loss sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2020
Focus now and heal

@SamuelKalu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2020
Chidi osuchukwu an attacking midfielder has moved to khimki in the russian league. Same club as Bryan Idowu. That is an upgrade to a top 10 league. He is a former u20 player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
mostob:
Barca's loss sha

At first I didn't want Messi to leave but it's obvious now that Barcelona are ungrateful, they don't deserve him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Why are Chelsea fans saying drogba is better than Henry grin
Lol he is not better but he did more for Chelsea than Henry did for Arsenal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Stop calling Championship and Ligue 1. They don't make sense in making a case for you at all.

England that has the Championship is #2 in Europe. France is #5. Russia is #7. What is the gap here? Just 3 or 5 places? See why Championship over Ligue 1 won't fly? So many reasons why it just won't. We watch the leagues and we know. The ratings show the gap is not much at all between England and France.

But I speak of Latvia (#38) and the 2nd tiers of Israel (#22) and Austria (#10).

Israel is 16 places above Latvia. Austria is 28 places above Latvia. Slovakia is 8 places above Latvia.

Now Yakubu is in the Top flight in Slovakia and doing very well. Bagging more Clean sheets consecutively for a modest first tier side. He is in a better and higher league than Alampasu and is first choice too at his side.

This Yakubu alone defeats your statement stating "Alampasu is playing at the Highest level compared to the players mentioned.". grin See where you lied? wink

But let me finish it...

Tobias is in Austria which is 28 places above Latvia and did it for LASK Juniors in the Austria Bundesliga 2 and is also a part of the LASK first team now going into the new season. Likely to keep switching between duties for LASK and LASK Juniors OÖ.
The Bundesliga 2 is in Austria which is 28 places above Latvia. And I have watched games from both leagues. Please... Latvia is not better. That is me being factual.

And lastly, Adeleye (who is even the least considered of the new three) is in the 2nd tier of Israel and Israel is rated 16 places above Latvia. Adeleye is first choice for his side and played 33 games last season in the Liga Leumit. I have also seen a few games from Israel and seen some from Latvia. Honestly compared to the ones seen in Latvia, I can tell you again...the Virsliga is still not better. It is really low quality. It is even rated below leagues in North Macedonia. Ever heard of North Macedonian league? Do you think it is better than the Israeli 2nd tier? Lol...

Latvia is better than leagues in Malta and Kosovo but not better or rated above even North Macedonia.

So you can see Rohr is not being partial here. He is right to focus on lads who had been active in their roles in decent 2nd tier leagues that are in countries rated far and above Latvia and then on another lad who is fast rising in a top flight league.

So my dear Forgiveness. Alampasu is not playing at any "highest level" than anyone being considered and I repeat Adeleye sef may not make it for now. His time too will come if he keeps it up.

Point of correction, Austria league places 25 above Latvia league while Isreal league 12 places above Latvia league.

Based on your assertion, is Championship better than Isreali, Serbian, Sweden Switzerland, Greece, leagues?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edopesin:
[s][/s]

Even Liverpool dey talk cheesy
How many EPL Trophies do you have in the last 30 years?

Elite clubs that you never got to watch when they were hot, what exactly have these so called elite teams done in the past 20 year asides telling us about trophies they never saw their teams lift? cheesy

Deluded is trying to use past glories to make up for your present despair

Form is temporary,class is permanent..

Because Liverpool struggled in the past doesn't take away their pedigree as an Europe elite club.
Juventus were relegated to SerieB (technically), and upon their return to serieA,they struggled then got back to form by winning 9 straight league titles...they havent won an european title in decades now,but are still an elite club,far ahead of your darling Chelsea that has won 3 European cups in 8 season..
AC Milan are struggling,but your darling Chelsea aren't fit enough to hold the brush to polish their shoe grin .
Real Madrid in the 2000s before Ronaldo joined also struggled..Man Utd post Ferguson era struggled..
It's part of football..

Still, your darling Chelsea aren't on the same level with the aforementioned clubs..
Arsenal, Sevilla,Atletico, Dortmund, PSG,Man City, and Spurs are your mates cheesy .

But don't worry,keep building your team...
You will get there soon grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
Egypt's Afcon trophy which they were given for keeps after winning their 3 Finals in a row has reportedly been stolen

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edopesin:
Men’s PFA Young Player of the Year

Tammy Abraham (Chelsea)

Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)

Mason Greenwood (Manchester United)

Mason Mount (Chelsea)

Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)

Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)

Same Tammy some people here are insulting saying he is trash all because he refused to play for naija

Winning Chelsea young player of the year no be garri when we have others players like pulisic doing well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
forgiveness:

Yes! According to the ranking Sharktar is better than Chelsea but Chelsea will be a better move. Gbam

At it stands, Osimhen move to Naples is the best followed by Zaibu to Porto and the move to Salzburg. Nothing changed.

You probably didn't read your first paragraph well..

According to you,we should use UEFA ranking to decide that Shaktar are better than Chelsea but moving to Chelsea will be a better move because technically (putting UEFA ranking in thr inconsequential), Chelsea is better than Shaktar..

Is Salzburg bigger than Rangers and Genk?

Anyway,Tijani has been loaned out to TSV Hartberg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
timay:

But wetin concern La liga with messi contract issues Na. grin Cos the last time I checked, he signed a contract with Barcelona not La liga. If there is any contract issues set, Na court go settle am, no be La liga.

These constant statements from them reeks of desperation. grin

Lol you think say laliga go like to loose Messi after loosing cr7 abi cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Same Tammy some people here are insulting saying he is trash all because he refused to play for naija

Winning Chelsea young player of the year no be garri when we have others players like pulisic doing well

@bolded..thats trash talking...

People compared Tammy to Osimhen and we tried to set the records straight...

Anyway,you think Pulisic himself didn't deserve the award? Despite the limited game time he got at the beginning of the seaons ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

@bolded..thats trash talking...

People compared Tammy to Osimhen and we tried to set the records straight...

Anyway,you think Pulisic himself didn't deserve the award? Despite the limited game time he got at the beginning of the seaons ??

I am not talking about Tammy and osimhen ,stop changing what I said

Many people here called Tammy trash despite scoring 15 epl goals

I don’t know if you are one of them that’s why you are calling a true fact trash

Anyway stop feeling attacked

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Firstly, at least you stylishly agree now that Alampasu is not playing at the highest level compared to at least two of the lads now. Okay, Let me say even one... Yakubu. So that is settled. grin

Now yes, The English Championship is definitely better than some top flight leagues in Europe. Players playing in Sweden for instance may make moves to the Championship and it is seen as an Upgrade. Coz it is easier making it into the EPL from the Championship than to make it into the EPL straight from the Swedish Allsvenskan. The rarity of it is there.

Afterall, England is #2 and Sweden is #21. Would you also say playing in the Israeli top flight is better than playing in the Championship? Or the top flight of Kazakhstan is better than the Championship? Ofcos not. So you see... Even some second tiers are better off in quality compared to some top flights. And from my observations after watching a couple games across all three leagues, that is the case with Israeli 2nd tier and Austrian 2nd tier compared to Latvia.

The latest 2020 rankings you show actually has Israel in #23 and Latvia in #37. That is a 14 places difference. Not 12.

And Yes, based on this Austria is 25 places ahead of Latvia. Still emphasises my point. 28 or 25... It is still over 20 places above Latvia.

I have been using the postulated 2021 ratings that follows the latest 2020 ratings as released by UEFA on August 26/27.

forgiveness:

Point of correction, Austria league places 25 above Latvia league while Isreal league 12 places above Latvia league.

Based on your assertion, is Championship better than Isreali, Serbian, Sweden Switzerland, Greece, leagues?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I am not talking about Tammy and osimhen ,stop changing what I said

Many people here called Tammy trash despite scoring 15 epl goals

I don’t know if you are one of them that’s why you are calling a true fact trash

Anyway stop feeling attacked

Stop acting like u didn't understand what I wrote..

What concerns me with Tammy??
Does he play for the super eagles or Liverpool??

Those who called him trash did so after he was compared with Osimhen...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

Stop acting like u didn't understand what I wrote..

What concerns me with Tammy??
Does he play for the super eagles or Liverpool??

Those who called him trash did so after he was compared with Osimhen...

Many people called Tammy trash apart from osimhen comparism and you know this

Tammy was loved here till he decide not to play for naija

I rest my case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

Because Liverpool struggled in the past doesn't take away their pedigree as an Europe elite club.
Juventus were relegated to SerieB (technically), and upon their return to serieA,they struggled then got back to form by winning 9 straight league titles...they havent won an european title in decades now,but are still an elite club,far ahead of your darling Chelsea that has won 3 European cups in 8 season..
AC Milan are struggling,but your darling Chelsea aren't fit enough to hold the brush to polish their shoe grin .
Real Madrid in the 2000s before Ronaldo joined also struggled..Man Utd post Ferguson era struggled..
It's part of football..

Still, your darling Chelsea aren't on the same level with the aforementioned clubs..
Arsenal, Sevilla,Atletico, Dortmund, PSG,Man City, and Spurs are your mates cheesy .

Jesus see finishing

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

It's part of football..

Sorry but neither class nor form is permanent as both are dependent on productivity which is lacking in the teams you mentioned

Chelsea has won 11 Major trophies in the last 10 years and Liverpool has won just 3

You're even funny putting Liverpool with the likes of Real Madrid, when you're not even better than Chelsea

You're talking about pedigree when you have only 1 league trophy in 30 years, Leicester have 1 in 10 years

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Haters Nairaland branch

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Many people called Tammy trash apart from osimhen comparism and you know this
Tammy was loved here till he decide not to play for naija
I rest my case
You dey mind am, people that said Dessers is better than Tammy to push agenda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edopesin:
Egypt's Afcon trophy which they were given for keeps after winning their 3 Finals in a row has reportedly been stolen

This guy was seen around the premises before the trophy went missing. It can't be entirely coincidental!! grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2020
elunico:

You must be joking!! shocked shocked

Osaze won it thrice, Ighalo, I guess, once and Drogba? None?
Some Facts from 05 to 13 epl era on African stars are kinda hidden from view. This is one of them. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
MRI really buried Ghanaian football...shutting the door of the supply chain grin grin

And turned out to be a blessing to us.. we now parade correct players...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Edopesin:

at the bolded, one man United fan page started a poll and guess who won? Almighty Martial grin

deluded is being nice

Been seeing lots of their mixed starting XI. Chai. I however can't wait for another Nigerian Youngster to replicate The Yak and Osaze's Epl exploits.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

I would be surprised if he doesn't pick up an injruy while strolling on the street before October..
grin LWKM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
Odartey Lamptey grin grin

How Daniel Addo disappeared from Bayer Leverkusen and football baffled me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
daveP:

This guy was seen around the premises before the trophy went missing. It can't be entirely coincidental!! grin

grin
Somebody cannot sell his banana in peace again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2020
If i should reply on this, it will derail the thread, cos the reason as to why its still the way, it is, had a political undertone

quickberry:

It belongs to F.G, not LASG.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9398) (9399) (9400) (9401) (9402) (9403) (9404) ... (16181) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Stillwater10, ddone and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.