Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,304 members, 7,846,354 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11838520 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9412) (9413) (9414) (9415) (9416) (9417) (9418) ... (16238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2020
chrisooblog:
ok he's still young. if he can improve his game and stamp his authority he could become one of the best defenders in the league thereby raising his profile

There has to be established potential for that to happen.

Objectively speaking he has been at Porto for about 6 years and has never been considered good enough for the first team.

He has been a journey man trying to prove quality but never succeeding. In France he was not outstanding nobody was interested so he returned to the backwaters of Turkey. Then he got to a low level relegation bound Seria A club and was once again not outstandin.

So how on earth is he going to become the best defender in the Portuguese league.

What are his unique outstanding attributes that makes him potentially better than all the CB's in the Portuguese league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Tomori is not starting games for Chelsea

Dier is a very bad player ,I will rather start Tyrone mings than him
Tomori suppose don go represent Canada

Sure starting shirt and a better country

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
Neobulletzz:

He believed his own hype grin

Now that bastard Southgate don use 3 minutes of football to tie down his National team football destiny grin

As for Tammy, the handwriting is already on the wall. The fact that Southgate preferred to bring in a certain Greenwood and Ings ahead of him, when the team is looking for goals shows that he's in for a long thing, unless he can do something very extraordinary to prove that he's better than those two boys

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
komekn:

You can only terminate your contract by mutual agreement not by YOURSELF.

However, if the club do not consider you quality they will let you go for nothing and not waste time with you.

Whatever the reason he could not cut it at all those clubs is irrelevant the fact remains he just couldn't CUT IT.

And age is not his friend official or real.

For me HUGE POTENTIAL that just never made it. At one time he was one of the best top 50 teenage footballers in the World.

There was a clause in his contract that allowed him to terminate his contract if he so wish.

He couldn't cut it in those clubs no doubt about it but he could have have done well with Sporting Lisbon or PSV if he had waited patiently.

SEARCH

IbrahimPublished on January 5, 2012 By Daily Post Staff

Representatives of Nigerian midfielder, Rabiu Ibrahim and Dutch side, PSV Eindhoven have explained both parties mutually agreed to part ways.
Rabiu’s agent, Tony Harris, explained that the decision to terminate the contract with the Eredivisie side is due to lack of appearances for the Nigerian. Harris said his client did not sign a performance-based contract with PSV as being reported.

“Rabiu Ibrahim and PSV Eindhoven jointly took the decision to terminate the contract between them. The contract wasn’t a one-sided deal as being reported that PSV sacked him. “Rabiu is one of the best talents I’m working with and that’s why big clubs in Europe have always come for him. Seriously I can’t stop him from joining a big side because he’s so talented. “Aside that he’s rated behind a number of players with experience in Dutch football and that has made difficult for him. He’s highly regarded just that he’s fallen a little short at some point,” said Harris.

Rabiu is said to be unhappy that he has been left on the bench for 18 times with limited play time. The lack of appearances has affected Rabiu’s national team development.

“Rabiu isn’t happy with the situation of not playing for PSV because it has affected his chances of playing for his country’s national team. So he’s been able to secure his exit with the club, which PSV understand,” Harris said.

It is understood that the Dutch side will prefer to release the player rather than send him on loan in a bid to avoid paying him €500,000 when he returns to the club after the loan spell.

PSV’s technical manager, Marcel Brands also confirmed on the club’s official that Dutch side will part ways with the 20-year-old on January 1 to allow him find a new club.

“Ibrahim Rabiu needs to regularly make first-team appearances, also to boost his chances to play for the national team. But he found opportunities limited, as he had to compete for a place in the startling line-up with Toivonen, Wijnaldum, Labyad and promising youngster Marcel Ritzmaier,” said Brands.

“Since he joined PSV, Rabiu has always been a true professional and on top of that he is a nice guy. But as he does not figure in the club’s long-term plans, he has been released from his contract at the Philips Stadion.”

Brands also said PSV are ready to assist Rabiu in finding a new club.

“That’s what he deserves. He has not been able to make the final step, also as he faced fierce competition for a first-team place; yet we are positive about his future. He has been called up to the match squad a few times and certainly has the potential to make it,” he said.

Rabiu joined PSV from Sporting Lisbon and signed a three-year deal till 2014 before it was terminated.

The Nigerian, who has been mentioned as a possible playmaker for the Super Eagles, made just four appearances for PSV including one start and scored one goal against amateur side VVSB in a KNVB Cup tie.

The former Gateway FC midfielder is already attracting interest from clubs in England, Germany, Scotland and Belgium.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
komekn:

Here and Now with regards to Bazee is a continuum of mediocrity underpinned with injury. So in the HERE and NOW he has not progressed.

Ademola Lookman is playing in a far better team than Leipzig of which Bazee will not make the bench. And if Ademola was in Augsberg he would be a regular first team starter.

Augsberg is a poor team flirting with relegation. If they were in the Championship they would be at the bottom end. Compare the team composition with Stoke Fc and you will understand hopefully.

Bright Osayi is not on his level and may end up in the EPL sooner than later. He was outstanding in Championship.

Bobby Adekanye is in a far better team in Lazio and would be starter at Augsberg undoubtedly. He has to play a lot more regularly but in comparison he is better than Bazee.

Finally, Sammy Ameobi he has been consistently top level perfomer playing almost every game for Nottingham Forest. He is 28 if he was born in Nigeria he would be 23.

None of these players are making serious waves and fire works but compared to Bazee they are justified for consideration.

I'm not in supoort of Bazee call up to the national team cus it's unjustifiable,but what you wrote there is laughable..

Lookman is the only player you mention there that has better quality than Bazee..

I would have added Osayi Samuel, but his career stats isn't that impressive..

Sammy Ameobi has spent most of his career between the league 1 and championship and at 28,he doesn't have up to 30 career goals.. How is he better than Bazee??

Bobby Adekanye was largely anonymous with Liverpool u-23 and hasn't been able to cut it at Lazio...he is yet to score 1 professional career goal...how is he better than Bazee??

Bazee biggest problem is injury... He is a decent prospect...you don't have to downgrade him like that..

And finally,you overrate the championship....
There's money in the championship,but the quality of football there is nothing spectacular..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Yes,Canada will be a good choice for him.. grin ..

They have Alphonso Davies and David Jonathan..

But will they be willing to accept him back though?
He was representing their youth team until England came calling...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

They will pretend it’s a good move because he is their favorite

I wish him the best

With this move. He might struggle to get call up with the new players that has reportedly agreed to join us. Very wrong move.

The only positive I see I'd he'll be playing with an experienced player and world cup winner. Maybe he'll improve that way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

I'm not in supoort of Bazee call up to the national team cus it's unjustifiable,but what you wrote there is laughable..

Lookman is the only player you mention there that has better quality than Bazee..

I would have added Osayi Samuel, but his career stats isn't that impressive..

Sammy Ameobi has spent most of his career between the league 1 and championship and at 28,he doesn't have up to 30 career goals.. How is he better than Bazee??

[b]Bobby Adekanye was largely anonymous with Liverpool u-23 [/b]and hasn't been able to cut it at Lazio...[b]he is yet to score 1 professional career goal...[/b]how is he better than Bazee??

Bazee biggest problem is injury... He is a decent prospect...you don't have to downgrade him like that..

And finally,you overrate the championship....
There's money in the championship,but the quality of football there is nothing spectacular..

How was he anonymous? If he was anonymous will Lazio buy him?

Who told you he didn't score in Seria A?

Make una suffery suffery lie here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
The way una dey hype England for this thread dey make me feel like sey it's my hatred and bias for the team that's clouding my judgement.

smh, one overhyped team that knows nothing but to be under accomplishing in every tournament.

Y'all deceiving yourselves that they've been planning for 15 years. 15 years and no fruition. Una dey mistake EPL for 3 lions. Foreign players in EPL make EPL a giant league. English team is just a useless team in which people transfer the EPL hype unto.

smh

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
Olulong:

With this move. He might struggle to get call up with the new players that has reportedly agreed to join us. Very wrong move.

The only positive I see I'd he'll be playing with an experienced player and world cup winner. Maybe he'll improve that way

He will be playing in a developmental league in front of scouts, if he does well he rejoins Porto with a reputation or a foreign team , fvck the national call up he needs to sort out his career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
Olulong:

Forget Adil rami

My positivity that he is still 23

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
lol trust you to show up.

anyway like I said he's still young he will surely improve.

komekn:

Objectively speaking he has been at Porto for about 6 years and has never been considered good enough for the first team.

He has been a journey man trying to prove quality but never succeeding. In France he was not outstanding nobody was interested so he returned to the backwaters of Turkey. Then he got to a low level relegation bound Seria A club and was once again not outstandin.

So how on earth is he going to become the best defender in the Portuguese league.

What are his unique outstanding attributes that makes him potentially better than all the CB's in the Portuguese league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2020
barackodam:
The way una dey hype England for this thread dey make me feel like sey it's my hatred and bias for the team that's clouding my judgement.

smh, one overhyped team that knows nothing but to be under accomplishing in every tournament.

Y'all deceiving yourselves that they've been planning for 15 years. 15 years and no fruition. Una dey mistake EPL for 3 lions. Foreign players in EPL make EPL a giant league. English team is just a useless team in which people transfer the EPL hype unto.

smh

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
Naija players action round-up

Tom Dele-Bashiru bagged an assist for Watford today in their 2-1 friendly win over Mourinho's Tottenham. He played 64mins.

Chuba Akpom scored the only goal that separated his side, PAOK Saloniki from Panathinaikos. PAOK won 1-0.
Anderson Esiti also featured.

Tobias Okiki Lawal kept goal for the second 45 mins for his side, LASK in their 1-1 friendly draw with German Bundesliga 2 side, Regensburg.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
barackodam:

smh

I understand your argument but they came fourth place in the world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
Fun Fact: The World Cup and The Top 5 Leagues

The Last five editions of the FIFA Senior World cup held since the beginning of the 21st century have seen Only 4 of the 5 nations with the Top 5 leagues in Europe win it.

The Last Five won by the Top 5 leagues

2002 - Brazil (Have Serie A outside the Euro leagues)

2006 - Italy (They have Serie A)

2010 - Spain (They have La Liga)

2014 - Germany (They have Bundesliga)

2018 - France (They have Ligue 1).

I don't see England but well... Football Life goes on. grin

Meanwhile don't sleep on Nigeria. In the wake of all the excitement going on in Europe and with all attention now on the Euro Nations league ongoing, don't forget to note that Nigeria is assembling day by day and month by month, a true cracker of a team that will dominate Africa and make huge statements on the World stage. Watch out. Don't sleep on the Super Eagles. cool We are coming again! Another Golden Generation is here.

So in advance again I say.....

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
Chuks with an assist for Villarreal

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Official: Chidozie Awaziem loaned to Boavista

Chidozie will wear Jersey #5.

One year loan with option to buy and get a four year contract.

I would have preferred a French or Italian club but this move is still manageable considering he will be benched at Porto.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
forgiveness:
......................... Uzoho..............

Aina............Ekong...... Balogun..... Collins...

................Ndidi.........Aribo......

...... Chuks........ Iheancho..........Moses

........................... Osimhen.......

This is how the team should look like for now pending we see what becomes of those who got transfer to good clubs.

............................ Okoye..............

Aina....... Ekong........Semi........... Zaibu

................. Ndidi.........Agu........

....... Chuks......... Iheancho.........Moses

..........................Osimhen...........

This is how it should look like if they get to play this season especially if Agu moves to Ligue 1.

If those Germans eventually agrees to play for us...... grin story go change.

I am loving this. grin

From my studies and analysis, and if there is every fairness, Chidera Ejuke is the prime for the LW.

Nobody on the SE current crop has what it takes to displace Iwobi at the AM position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2020
Bolowolowo:

I understand your argument but they came fourth place in the world cup

3 teams collect medal. Does the 4th placed team collect?

Nope. Losers losers.

Asides FIFA ranking, no difference between them and Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2020
Meliforme:

From my studies and analysis, and if there is every fairness, Chidera Ejuke is the prime for the LW.

Nobody on the SE current crop has what it takes to displace Iwobi at the AM position.

About Iwobi...haha. This season go change story. We have a better AM that will glue Iwobi to SE bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2020
komekn:

Seriously bro, you're annoying sha. Is it bad to wish one well? Osimehn,for example has been giving you knocks on your head with his performance. .he even scored an hattrick yesterday and we didn't see you here. You have now jumped to Awaziem abi? And if he proves you wrong, you'll come here and be shouting 'prejudice ' , 'emotively based' 'here and now' nonsense.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
maidaboi:
Chuks with an assist for Villarreal
I know it is a friendly match . my guy even scored last match.
I think Kubo's transfer really psyched him up a bit.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2020
Meanwhile Chukwueze bags another assist again as Villarreal are currently playing 1-1 against Levante in a friendly.

They are in the second half now.

Chuks really looking primed to witness a huge leap in his goals and assists numbers under Emery this new season. Really hope his teammates bury most of the chances he will constantly create. A new dimension of Chukwueze is set to hit La Liga hard.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
IDENNAA:

About Iwobi...haha. This season go change story. We have a better AM that will glue Iwobi to SE bench
For the umpteenth time, they don't play the same role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2020
IDENNAA:

Who's that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2020
Sorry ooo. I no see your comment early
forgiveness:

For where una dey watch am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
Is Chukwueze turning from Robben to De Bruyne grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
timay:

He believed his own hype grin

Now that bastard Southgate don use 3 minutes of football to tie down his National team football destiny grin

As for Tammy, the handwriting is already on the wall. The fact that Southgate preferred to bring in a certain Greenwood and Ings ahead of him, when the team is looking for goals shows that he's in for a long thing, unless he can do something very extraordinary to prove that he's better than those two boys
This Tomori issue is making me wish Fifa creates a new rule that exempts players that haven't played up to 45mins in 2games after debut to be able to switch allegiance fast.

Like, im imagining a destiny tied down with 3mins. Chai.

Even if he still wants to rep England, the rule must be available somehow.

For now this transfer rule seems like a better one. Lets hope it happens fast.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
Subzero047:
Is Chukwueze turning from Robben to De Bruyne grin
Abeg make he remain Robben o. Left footed wizard that chances of scoring once attempt on goal is made is 1/3.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
Oduamadi..... No club.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
daveP:
Oduamadi..... No club.

Make he come help them renovate abuja stadium grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9412) (9413) (9414) (9415) (9416) (9417) (9418) ... (16238) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Napoleon55(m), Philosopher1979, charlesemeka85(m), chuks404 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.