Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,463 members, 7,843,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11825135 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9413) (9414) (9415) (9416) (9417) (9418) (9419) ... (16230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
forgiveness:

How was he anonymous? If he was anonymous will Lazio buy him?

Who told you he didn't score in Seria A?

Make una suffery suffery lie here.

Adekanye was largely anonymous with Liverpool youth team.. it's a fact..

But he is still young..I'm sure Lazio have bought loads of players like him in the past..
Even Solanke got a mega money move to Bournemouth despite his poor form with Liverpool..

Okay,he has one seriaA goal...thats 1 professional career goal..

He is still not better than Bazee by any stretch..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

They will pretend it’s a good move because he is their favorite

I wish him the best

How is it not a good move??
The Portuguese league is a top quality league and he is assured of game time..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
Olulong:

With this move. He might struggle to get call up with the new players that has reportedly agreed to join us. Very wrong move.

The only positive I see I'd he'll be playing with an experienced player and world cup winner. Maybe he'll improve that way

Awaziem will struggle to get call ups?

Bro, it's like you don't know Rohr well yet...
Awaziem has already entered his list of favorite players.. I'm saying this because he refused to bench him for Aina at the AFCON after Collins returned from injury.. He also kept him in the starting XI during the AFCONQ..
Trust me, Awaziem's spot in the team is no under threat..

If Shehu could get call up from Turkish 2nd division,why not Awaziem?
Ajayi was getting call ups from the championship.. Aribo from the Scottish league..
The Portuguese league is definitely better than the Turkish 2nd division, Scottish league and the championship

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
timay:

He believed his own hype grin

Now that bastard Southgate don use 3 minutes of football to tie down his National team football destiny grin

As for Tammy, the handwriting is already on the wall. The fact that Southgate preferred to bring in a certain Greenwood and Ings ahead of him, when the team is looking for goals shows that he's in for a long thing, unless he can do something very extraordinary to prove that he's better than those two boys
Goodluck to him tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
chrisooblog:
lol trust you to show up.

anyway like I said he's still young he will surely improve.

You start your contribution with a negative jibe.

First of all my approach was objective and without prejudice and plainly truthful.

Once again l expected some indepth factual led appraisal. But you have not done that, that's dissapointing. I want a discourse not a sentiment based sparring session.

You didn't say he has great pace, you didn't say he has outstanding anticipation, stamina, determination, aerial dominance, physical dominance, exceptional skills and technicality.

No, No, none of that but you concluded with in your opinion the one most important overriding ATTRIBUTE for success that he has is " he's still young" Thats all he needs Chei !!! See analysis.

And if you even examine that assumed attribute in the context of Nigeria it is open too many questions.

Awaziem has been in Portugal with Porto for 6 years and he is no longer a young youthful prospect. He is now a proven experienced football professional. And his attributes are clearly established and proven over the past 6 years as being passable average at best. He is not going to change into Koulibaly, Can Dyke or Thiago next season.

Please stop dreaming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

Yes,Canada will be a good choice for him.. grin ..

They have Alphonso Davies and David Jonathan..

But will they be willing to accept him back though?
He was representing their youth team until England came calling...
But he has represented England already, he can’t play for Canada again right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

How is it not a good move??
The Portuguese league is a top quality league and he is assured of game time..

I wish him good luck

Was expecting a move to laliga or ligue1

Porto ,benfica ,sporting Lisbon and maybe braga are the teams I consider as a good move

But nothing spoil sha ,awaziem na young player and he might still make a big move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
Does anybody have Chukwueze assist video?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2020
Neobulletzz:

But he has represented England already, he can’t play for Canada again right?

Sadly,yes..
Unless FIFA implement the proposed new rule that allow players switch allegiance after representing one country for a limited number of games..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

Awaziem will struggle to get call ups?

Bro, it's like you don't know Rohr well yet...
Awaziem has already entered his list of favorite players.. I'm saying this because he refused to bench him for Aina at the AFCON after Collins returned from injury.. He also kept him in the starting XI during the AFCONQ..
Trust me, Awaziem's spot in the team is no under threat..

If Shehu could get call up from Turkish 2nd division,why not Awaziem?
Ajayi was getting call ups from the championship.. Aribo from the Scottish league..
The Portuguese league is definitely better than the Turkish 2nd division, Scottish league and the championship

The guy has a point, if Uduokhai and Torunarigha are added Awaziem place is under threat

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:37pm On Sep 05, 2020
Meliforme:

From my studies and analysis, and if there is every fairness, Chidera Ejuke is the prime for the LW.

Nobody on the SE current crop has what it takes to displace Iwobi at the AM position.
Anytime I see your moniker, I remember metformin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I wish him good luck

Porto ,benfica ,sporting Lisbon and maybe braga are the teams I consider as a good move

But nothing spoil sha ,awaziem na young player and he might still make a big move

He already made the leap from ligue1 to laliga..
Going back to portugal doesn't show a deep in form..

And its a loan move...
If things go south there, he can jump ship..
He just need to prove himself..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2020
Subzero047:

The guy has a point, if Uduokhai and Torunarigha are added Awaziem place is under threat

Lol.. Aina and Ebuehi where added but Shehu spot was not under threat..
He still got called up from Turkish second division grin ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
komekn:

You start your contribution with a negative jibe.

First of all my approach was objective and without prejudice and plainly truthful.

Once again l expected some indepth factual led appraisal. But you have not done that, that's dissapointing. I want a discourse not a sentiment based sparring session.

You didn't say he has great pace, you didn't say he has outstanding anticipation, stamina, determination, aerial dominance, physical dominance, exceptional skills and technicality.

No, No, none of that but you concluded with in your opinion the one most important overriding ATTRIBUTE for success that he has is " he's still young" Thats all he needs Chei !!! See analysis.

And if you even examine that assumed attribute in the context of Nigeria it is open too many questions.

Awaziem has been in Portugal with Porto for 6 years and he is no longer a young youthful prospect. He is now a proven experienced football professional. And his attributes are clearly established and proven over the past 6 years as being passable average at best. He is not going to change into Koulibaly, Can Dyke or Thiago next season.

Please stop dreaming.
please I have no time to engage with you in any empty back and forth.

After all this epistles you have written we all know you will go back to your tried-and-tested Here and Now quotation once time has proved you wrong.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I wish him good luck

Bruv the reality is that many don't want to believe this Dude is at best very average.

He has played in two good leagues La Liga and French league one but no interest generated, no substantive offers made.

Now he has gone to club that will struggle very seriously in Championship. Look at the budget of Boavista look at the players in the squad, it's a poor club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
chrisooblog:
please I have no time to engage with you in any empty back and forth.

After all this epistles you have written we all know you will go back to your tried-and-tested Here and Now quotation once time has proved you wrong.

I guess because you have nothing if substance to present, may l suggest.

Quarrel no deh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2020
komekn:

I guess because you have nothing if substance to present, may l suggest.

Quarrel no deh.
no because having a discussion with you it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes and I'm not in the mood tonight. Take care

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

Lol.. Aina and Ebuehi where added but Shehu spot was not under threat..
He still got called up from Turkish second division grin ..

Ok let's see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
Subzero047:

If you add Iorfa and Adarabioyo then he is retired indeed I am not sure if any of them German boys are better than Iorfa and Adarabioyo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2020
Subzero047:

Ok let's see
Anyway, when will Udohaki and Tonnoarugha even play for us??

We have been talking about them for like 3 years now..

Maybe when they are close to 30 before they agree to play for us...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2020
chrisooblog:
no because having a discussion with you it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes and I'm not in the mood tonight. Take care

I understand your capacity is limited when it comes to a substantive discourse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2020
Another year of zero football for Sunday Mba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2020
Learnt that dele bashiru had a very good game against spurs earlier today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

He already made the leap from ligue1 to laliga..
Going back to portugal doesn't show a deep in form..

And its a loan move...
If things go south there, he can jump ship..
He just need to prove himself..

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

Anyway, when will Udohaki and Tonnoarugha even play for us??

We have been talking about them for like 3 years now..

Maybe when they are close to 30 before they agree to play for us...

Rumour has it that they met Rohr to notify him that they re ready to switch to us and where suppose to visit the teams training camp in Austria before it was cancelled
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
komekn:

I understand your capacity is limited when it comes to a substantive discourse.
yes my capacity is limited to absorbing so much BS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2020
komekn:

Bruv the reality is that many don't want to believe this Dude is at best very average.

He has played in two good leagues La Liga and French league one but no interest generated, no substantive offers made.

Now he has gone to club that will struggle very seriously in Championship. Look at the budget of Boavista look at the players in the squad, it's a poor club.

Food don set and you don start with all this English hype

Now you are saying boavista will struggle at the championship ? How do you know this ?

Forget budget and talk football

Boavista might be a poor team but saying they will struggle in the championship doesn’t make any sense

Modified

Apart from obi Mikel there is no quality Defensive midfielder in the championship that’s up to Javi García level ,dude won the epl with mancity starting most games

I don’t support awaziem move to Boavista but that doesn’t mean I should not speak facts

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
The championship has now become Komekn yardstick for rating players and teams based outside of Europe top 5 leagues..
grin

What a joke!

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Food don set and you don start with all this English hype

Now you are saying boavista will struggle at the championship ? How do you know this ?

Forget budget and talk football

Boavista might be a poor team but saying they will struggle in the championship doesn’t make any sense

Leave that guy..
Let him wallow in in his delusions grin .

Even premier league clubs don't have that much dominance in Europe..
It is money that's making them look good..
With money,they can buy the best players in the.world! ..even at that,they haven't been able to dominate Europe totally.

It is now the championship that's filled with mediocre British players and coaches that's now so good? cheesy

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2020
Subzero047:

Who's that?

Well, the AM role is in contention, here. Who plays there , should we use it since no capable hand is available ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

Leave that guy..
Let him wallow in in his delusions grin .

Even premier league clubs don't have that much dominance in Europe..
It is money that's making them look good..
With money,they can buy the best players in the.world! ..even at that,they haven't been able to dominate Europe totally.

It is now the championship that's filled with mediocre British players and coaches that's now so good? cheesy

In as much as I don’t like awaziem move ,there is no way I will say championships teams are better than Boavista

As usual na so komekn Dey yarn ,we ain’t surprised

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Rumour has it that they met Rohr to notify him that they re ready to switch to us and where suppose to visit the teams training camp in Austria before it was cancelled

I see..

The thing has been going on for too long.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9413) (9414) (9415) (9416) (9417) (9418) (9419) ... (16230) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ppogbae, Marjoribanks and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.