Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11696479 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9456) (9457) (9458) (9459) (9460) (9461) (9462) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:33am On Sep 11, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Definitely not the same as Sadio Mane. Mane just started banging over 20 goals a season after 3 years with Liverpool while Salah did it in his first

False!
Mane has scored 20 goals or more in all competitions since he joined Liverpool..
Unlike Salah,he has only been deployed as a striker once in his Liverpool career..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:50am On Sep 11, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Tobias Okiki Lawal, GK, in Austrian Bundesliga side, LASK's first team official photo for the 2020/21 season.

He is now officially the first team's Second Choice GK.
Mixed blood? Used to think he's home made
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:52am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You dare called higuain with that 6 months loan deal and already washed up ,if higuain left Madrid for the epl immediately he would do so well ,he still even manage about 5 goals in 14 games which is not bad

Falcao who used epl to recover from about 10 months injury grin

Ronaldo was a better player in Madrid than United and he is in a better team so he would score more grin

Are you judging di Maria by goals who didn’t do that bad

Aspas hardly make Liverpool team and you know this but you had to call him because you wanna make a point grin

Players from Spain has always done well in the epl and you know this ,but you can’t accept what I said about salah and you jumped into the laliga

You can’t change the fact that so many players from the Spanish league have done so well in the epl for the past decade .

Aguero
David Silva
Diego costa
Kovacic
Juan mata
Michu
Otamendi
Laporte
Santi carzola
Monreal
Ozil

Same can’t be said of your epl players that went to laliga or even others top league grin

The list are endless

I rest my case

Ronaldo dominated Laliga and was an EPL player.

Luka Modric was from where?

Gareth Bale nko?

Luis Suarez nko?

Diego Forlan

Next time do your research before you comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:54am On Sep 11, 2020
jargooflife912:
Once the transfer fee is over 10M he will granted work permit
No sir, Onyekuru moved for 12 but wasn't given I think Charles figure of 15mill is more accurate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

False!
Mane has scored 20 goals or more in all competitions since he joined Liverpool..
Unlike Salah,he has only been deployed as a striker once in his Liverpool career..

I clearly was talking about the epl bad Mane didn't score 20 in his first season. Even at that, Salah had over 40 goals his first season so these are not the same cases.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:58am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

grin. Dem downgrade my guy from 87 to 85..

Meanwhile, the same accalimed England best defender got a 79 rating..
Even behind Ndidi grin

How is that even possible he had a better season.

Magwaya has been exposed grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:00am On Sep 11, 2020
forgiveness:

Ronaldo dominated Laliga and was an EPL player.

Luka Modric was from where?

Gareth Bale nko?

Luis Suarez nko?

Diego Forlan

Next time do your research before you comment.

Dem no many unlike laliga players nah ,you self check my list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:02am On Sep 11, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

I clearly was talking about the epl bad Mane didn't score 20 in his first season. Even at that, Salah had over 40 goals his first season so these are not the same cases.

Salah plays a more offensive role than Mane,so it's normal for him to score more... He has even played as a number 9.. ...that much is known..

Nevertheless, Mane has become a better goalscorer since he joined Liverpool..and that's largely down to Klopp's ststem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:09am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

Salah plays a more offensive role than Mane,so it's normal for him to score more... He has even played as a number 9.. ...that much is known..

Nevertheless, Mane has become a better goalscorer since he joined Liverpool..and that's largely down to Klopp's ststem

U said they were the same and that's not true. Mane is more hard working I agree but he was the one playing on the right before Salah came. Exact position and everything. So u can't say he instantly became prolific once he entered Klopp's system. For his first 2 seasons his stats were pretty much the same as Southampton
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Dem no many unlike laliga players nah ,you self check my list

Thierry Henry

Javier Mascherano

Gerard Piqué (your legend) grin

Beckham

Do you want more?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:24am On Sep 11, 2020
forgiveness:

Thierry Henry

Javier Mascherano

Gerard Piqué (your legend) grin

Beckham

Do you want more?

Still not up to my list bro ,no matter how many you mention won’t be up to my list ,it’s not even an arguement self so calm down ,and besides I only called players from the past 10 seasons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:27am On Sep 11, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

U said they were the same and that's not true. Mane is more hard working I agree but he was the one playing on the right before Salah came. Exact position and everything. So u can't say he instantly became prolific once he entered Klopp's system. For his first 2 seasons his stats were pretty much the same as Southampton

His highest goal return in a season for Southampton was 15..but since he joined Liverpool,he has been averaging 20+ goals, so that's a lot of transformation..

More prolifically...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You dare called higuain with that 6 months loan deal and already washed up ,if higuain left Madrid for the epl immediately he would do so well ,he still even manage about 5 goals in 14 games which is not bad

Ronaldo was a better player in Madrid than United and he is in a better team so he would score more grin

Aspas hardly make Liverpool team and you know this but you had to call him because you wanna make a point grin

Players from Spain has always done well in the epl and you know this ,but you can’t accept what I said about salah and you jumped into the laliga

You can’t change the fact that so many players from the Spanish league have done so well in the epl for the past decade .

Aguero
David Silva
Diego costa
Kovacic
Juan mata
Michu
Otamendi
Laporte
Santi carzola
Monreal
Ozil

Same can’t be said of your epl players that went to laliga or even others top league grin

The list are endless

I rest my case
dem don call players for you now, you don dey shalaye

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2020
Neobulletzz:

And you blind to see my own players ba grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:29am On Sep 11, 2020
I don't know if anybody else has noticed this,but since Nike designed our world cup jersey, a lot of teams have been putting efforts into adding all sort of patterns to their jerseys... That's why we are seeing funny looking jerseys like Man Utd zebra jersey and this one cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:30am On Sep 11, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Dont mind him..

Laliga fanboys and their oversabi cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

His highest goal return in a season for Southampton was 15..but since he joined Liverpool,he has been averaging 20+ goals, so that's a lot of transformation..

More prolifically...
He is playing more competitions now than when he was at Southampton na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Still not up to my list bro ,no matter how many you mention won’t be up to my list ,it’s not even an arguement self so calm down ,and besides I only called players from the past 10 seasons

Thibaut Courtois

Lassana Diarra

Arjen Robben

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

They are too many. EPL didn't start 10 years ago. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2020
forgiveness:

Thibaut Courtois

Lassana Diarra

Arjen Robben

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

They are too many. EPL didn't start 10 years ago. grin

You just wan argue ,I don follow danny talk wetin I wan talk ,I give am players from the last decade ,you still haven’t mention up to my list of players upon all the shalaye

Luis Garcia
Xabi Alonso
Aiser del Horno
Mikel arteta
Fernando Torres
Jose Enrique
Ceballos
Herrara
Arbeloa
Eric Bally
Guaita
Deulofeu
Iván campo
Collocini
Ayoze Perez (Spanish division 2 )
Kepa (fraud ) I can remove him if you want because he is a flop but he has won you some trophies so I will allow you to decide that grin

All this players I mentioned didn’t do bad in the epl

No matter how you talk you can’t change the fact that players do move to the epl from laliga more than the players who move from the epl to the laliga ,and it’s because of the financial power of the epl okay ,so calm down and get the point

It’s not all about giving list but as usual to talk and to start irrelevant arguement na your job ,you forced me to give you more list as you see everything as arguement ,I have made my example with Danny and that’s all no need to start your un ending baseless arguement before you begin shalaye for transfermkt grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2020
I have been dropping a few updates on your main man Naa. Top scorer for US Monastir and in the entire Tunisian Ligue 1.

I know you will be so happy. grin

BascoVanVeli:
He did it!! Anthony The Panther Okpotu has. Led his club into the continent for the first time ever (I think grin). He will be the league top scorer too he leads by 5 goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
Transfer Update: Stephen Odey

It's done! One year loan with option to buy.

Odey joins Amiens SC in Ligue 2 from Belgium's KRC Genk.

He will dorn the #9 jersey as shown.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Transfer Update: Stephen Odey

It's done! One year loan with option to buy.

Odey joins Amiens SC in Ligue 2 from Belgium's KRC Genk.

He will dorn the #9 jersey as shown.
At least this club rate him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action for their various clubsides across Europe today - Sept.11

La Liga

Ramon Azeez (Granada) vs Athletic Bilbao - Home game.

French Ligue 1

Josh Maja, Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux) vs Olympique Lyonnais - Home game.

German DFB Pokal - 1st Round

Suleiman Abdullahi (Eintracht Braunschweig) vs Hertha Berlin SC - Home game.

Jordan Torunarigha (Hertha Berlin SC) vs Eintracht Braunschweig - Away game.

English Championship

Tom Dele-Bashiru (Watford) vs Middlesborough - Home game.

Danish Super Ligaen

Frank Onyeka, *Ayo Simon Okosun (FC Midtjylland) vs Sønderjyske - Away game.

Rilwan Hassan (Sønderjyske) vs FC Midtjylland - Home game.

Turkish Super Lig

Aminu Umar (Rizespor) vs Fenerbahce - Home game.

Belgian First Division B - 2nd tier

Jordan Attah Kadiri (Lommel SK) vs Lierse K. - Home game.

Austrian Bundesliga

Tobias Okiki Lawal (LASK) vs Austria Wien - Home game.

Bright Edomwonyi (Austria Wien) vs LASK - Away game.

Kelvin Arase (Rapid Wien) vs Admira Wacker - Home game.

Emanuel Aiwu (Admira Wacker) vs Kelvin Arase - Away game.

Austria 2.Liga

Sunday Faleye (FC Wacker Innsbruck) vs KSV Kapfenberg - Away game.

Osarenren Okungbowa (FAC Wien) vs SV Lafnitz - Home game.

Serbian Super Liga

Eze Vincent Okeuhie (Cukaricki) vs Red Star Belgrade (Crvena Zvezda) - Home game.

Azerbaijani Premyar Liqa

Yusuf Lawal (PFC Neftci Baki) vs Sumquyit - Home game.

Ukrainian Persha Liga - 2nd tier

Chidera Anih Kelit (FC Metalist 1925) vs Mykolaiv - Away game.

Club Friendlies

The Monster Machine, Victor Osimhen (SSC Napoli) vs Pescara

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
Remove Xabi from there,

After one or two seasons at liverpool, ELNINO struggles at chelsea, and what had that DEUL guy, played since he arrive EPL

andrewbaba44:

You just wan argue ,I don follow danny talk wetin I wan talk ,I give am players from the last decade ,you still haven’t mention up to my list of players upon all the shalaye

Luis Garcia
Xabi Alonso
Aiser del Horno
Mikel arteta
Fernando Torres
Jose Enrique
Ceballos
Herrara
Arbeloa
Eric Bally
Guaita
Deulofeu
Iván campo
Collocini
Kepa (fraud ) I can remove him if you want because he is a flop but he has won you some trophies so I will allow you to decide that grin

No matter how you talk you can’t change the fact that players do move to the epl from laliga more than the players who move from the epl to the laliga ,and it’s because of the financial power of the epl okay ,so calm down and get the point

It’s not all about giving list but as usual to talk and to start irrelevant arguement na your job ,you forced me to give you more list as you see everything as arguement ,I have made my example with Danny and that’s all no need to start your un ending baseless arguement before you begin shalaye for transfermkt grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
do4luv14:

Remove Xabi from there,

After one or two seasons at liverpool, ELNINO struggles at chelsea, and what had that DEUL guy, played since he arrive EPL

I am just giving him list and I am not arguing anything with him

Why would I remove Xabi Alonso who is considered as a legend at Liverpool ,are you dreaming ?

Remove Torres because he didn’t find it easy at Chelsea Abi ,but does that change the fact that he was so good at Liverpool and he even help Chelsea won the champions league despite his struggles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Southampton interested in dennis

Let's not deceive ourselves, no one absolutely no one is interested in that guy. It's just a stunt to pull traffic.

He'll stay in Bruges
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2020
do4luv14:

Remove Xabi from there,

See talk oooo. He should remove Xabi?

Andrew please include Raul Jimenez who only scored one goal while at ATM and he’s currently tearing the epl apart

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Luis Garcia
Xabi Alonso
Aiser del Horno
Mikel arteta
Fernando Torres
Jose Enrique
Ceballos
Herrara
Arbeloa
Eric Bally
Guaita
Deulofeu
Iván campo
Collocini

Looking at the bolded below, it wasn't about how many played in either of these Leagues. It was about performance. Going by that, EPL products has performed far better in Laliga than Laliga products in EPL. grin

All these shalaye no go help twist matter. grin

andrewbaba44:

Aguero
David Silva
Diego costa
Kovacic
Juan mata
Michu
Otamendi
Laporte
Santi carzola
Monreal
Ozil

The list are endless

I rest my case

Compare this your list with what I dropped earlier and tell me who performed better. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2020
forgiveness:

Looking at the bolded below, it wasn't about how many played in either of these Leagues. It was about performance. Going by that, EPL products has performed far better in Laliga than Laliga products in EPL. grin

All these shalaye no go help twist matter. grin

Compare this your list with what I dropped earlier and tell me who performed better. grin

Oga include Chelsea best player na......Eden hazard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 1realBobby(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
Bluealamajiri:
Bobby how are you?
I'm good boss... Chief piiko I guess
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2020
Aribo is injured for our friendlies that means we have to see a midfield of Ndidi, Etebo and Iwobi again angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9456) (9457) (9458) (9459) (9460) (9461) (9462) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.