Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11696798 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9455) (9456) (9457) (9458) (9459) (9460) (9461) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:41am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

If he found it easier to score in EPL like u said,he should have gotten at least 5 goals ..after all he scored ,32 in his first season with Liverpool undecided

Which 5 goals ? Haba ,with no game time abi

At Liverpool he was playing at Chelsea he was not playing ,even the wingers at Chelsea aren’t scoring much self

He found it easier as far as I am concerned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 8:44am On Sep 11, 2020
jihday:
He won't come to the Epl, how will he get work permit?
Once the transfer fee is over 10M he will granted work permit
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2020
Oldboss:
Salah is a winger while Lewy is a center forward so and the Italian league is more competitive than bundesliga

Salah is a winger, yet he scored 32 goals.

Imagine Lewandowski(that we all know doesn't get injured) in that Man City team?

Lol, or Prime Suárez?

Forget abeg....even put them in that Leicester team, 30 goals go dey drop steadily. I repeat, steadily.

If you're good, you're good kawai. Spare me this league talk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

At Liverpool he was playing at Chelsea he was not playing ,even the wingers at Chelsea aren’t scoring much self

They will not agree. Ever.

If Hazard predicament was the reverse case, a 100m La Liga signing that "flopped" in the first season, we all know how they would have been singing EPL is the hardest, like they get paid for it.

Hazard hasn't been able to cut it, all of them are doing like they didn't see it.

Someone was telling me that I shouldn't say La Liga's intensity was too much for Hazard to handle.

Oya tell us why Hazard dey play 3 games and dey go back to injury. Insists intensity is the wrong word to use that EPL get intensity. I insisted o, he said maybe they sold an injured Hazard.. I asked him, Hazard wey play pre season na im una sell injured?

They are so quick to preach their gospel when it favors them, but so easy to turn a blind eye when it doesn't

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:56am On Sep 11, 2020
Wow Southampton has joined the race too grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sheylarhh(m): 8:57am On Sep 11, 2020
Join my fantasy league by using this two codes

Classic league *oh19ug*
H2H *thai8q*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:57am On Sep 11, 2020
barackodam:

If Hazard predicament was the reverse case, a 100m La Liga signing that "flopped" in the first season, we all know how they would have been singing EPL is the hardest, like they get paid for it.

Hazard hasn't been able to cut it, all of them are doing like they didn't see it.

Someone was telling me that I shouldn't say La Liga's intensity was too much for Hazard to handle.

Oya tell us why Hazard dey play 3 games and dey go back to injury. Insists intensity is the wrong word to use that EPL get intensity. I insisted o, he said maybe they sold an injured Hazard.. I asked him, Hazard wey play pre season na im una sell injured?

They are so quick to preach their gospel when it favors them, but so easy to turn a blind eye when it doesn't

The Spanish media are matured ,they are yet to call hazard a flop because of some injuries

After this new season he will be considered as a failure
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He didn't find it easier!
The system made the difference!
At Roma,he played more out wide..
At Liverpool,he had total freedom up front and even played as a striker on occasion..

You should stop this thing of concluding which league is better at what because certain players did this and that..
I can give you a list of strikers from laliga and found it hard to score in EPL after dominating laliga..should I conclude that laliga is easier to score in? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Your players are not good enough to make their team ,get that into your head and stop being deluded

Same musa yahaya cannot make the team of a lowly rated Portimonense you are here talking about wickedness instead of you to face reality

Mikel obi made it at Chelsea ,iheanacho made it at mancity ,iwobi made it at arsenal these are better teams than Porto ,the things is that these players are good enough

I even read where some of you guys said no naija young player should go to the bundesliga just because osimhen didn’t find it easy there ,it was all due to fitness issue for victor then

I am waiting for zaidu to just play 15 league games for fc porto this new season then I will see the nonsense you guys will say about fc Porto hating on naija players

I bet u beat your chest after making this useless point. When did Yahaya go to Portimonense? 2015/2016 that's when. So how can u base your argument on something that happened 2 world cups ago?

It is common sense to have a doubt about a club. I had doubts about Osimhen with Lille but the rest was history. If Zaidu plays like normal we should all be happy but until then PORTO IS THE CLUB THAT NIGERIAN TALENTS GO TO DIE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:18am On Sep 11, 2020
Honestly, you try. So you kept a list of the clubs. Lol

Anyway, time will tell where he eventually ends up.

Subzero047:

Atlanta, Borrussia Dortmund, Levekursen, Arsenal, Sheffied United, Leeds, Ac Milan, Marseille, Napoli, Inter Milan grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:18am On Sep 11, 2020
barackodam:

You can only mention Hazard..

Lemme mention :
1) Di Maria
2) Falcao
3) Soldado
4) Morata
5) Higuain
6) Filipe Luis.

Players who dominated laliga but flopped heavily in the EPL undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:31am On Sep 11, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

I bet u beat your chest after making this useless point. When did Yahaya go to Portimonense? 2015/2016 that's when. So how can u base your argument on something that happened 2 world cups ago?

It is common sense to have a doubt about a club. I had doubts about Osimhen with Lille but the rest was history. If Zaidu plays like normal we should all be happy but until then PORTO IS THE CLUB THAT NIGERIAN TALENTS GO TO DIE.

Your Nigerian talents there aren’t good enough to start there

Simple and clear

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:32am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

He didn't find it easier!
The system made the difference!
At Roma,he played more out wide..
At Liverpool,he had total freedom up front and even played as a striker on occasion..

You should stop this thing of concluding which league is better at what because certain players did this and that..
I can give you a list of strikers from laliga and found it hard to score in EPL after dominating laliga..should I conclude that laliga is easier to score in? undecided

Just like Diego costa and Aguero found scoring in the epl easier than Laliga

Give me list nah

I Dey speak of salah seria A scoring and the epl now you don jump enter laliga

Why you mention laliga ? grin grin

You just wan enter me because you know my love for laliga ,and we ain’t even arguing about laliga here bro

I gave you point of salah because they said to score in the epl is very hard according to komekn who sees others league as moi moi

Calm down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2020
He did it!! Anthony The Panther Okpotu has. Led his club into the continent for the first time ever (I think grin). He will be the league top scorer too he leads by 5 goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Your Nigerian talents there aren’t good enough to start there

Simple and clear

Yea because Porto killed their talents. Hence the Porto is the club where Nigerian talents go to die saying grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:41am On Sep 11, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Yea because Porto killed their talents. Hence the Porto is the club where Nigerian talents go to die saying grin

Dey console your self tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Just like Diego costa and Aguero found scoring in the epl easier than Laliga

Give me list nah

I Dey speak of salah seria A scoring and the epl now you don jump enter laliga

Why you mention laliga ?

It is a vice versa thing... Salah scoring more goals in EPL than serie A doesn't mean EPL is easier to score in... Higuain, Schvechenko, Jovetic, Mutu,Balotteli all scored goals in SerieA but flopped in the EPL..

Soldado,Falcao,Di Maria, Morata,Aspas, Higuain dominated laliga but flopped in EPL..
Ronaldo highest goal tally in EPL is 31 in his prime but he scored 40+ in 3 seasons in laliga...he scored 30 at 35 in SerieA...how many 35 years olds have scored 30 goals in EPL? undecided

If you want to comapre two leagues in terms of this and that, don't use the performance of a few players to judge...it's just lame...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:08am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

It is a vice versa thing... Salah scoring more goals in EPL than serie A doesn't mean EPL is easier to score in... Higuain, Schvechenko, Jovetic, Mutu,Balotteli all scored goals in SerieA but flopped in the EPL..

Soldado,Falcao,Di Maria, Morata,Aspas, Higuain dominated laliga but flopped in EPL..
Ronaldo highest goal tally in EPL is 31 in his prime but he scored 40+ in 3 seasons in laliga...he scored 30 at 35 in SerieA...how many 35 years olds have scored 30 goals in EPL? undecided

If you want to comapre two leagues in terms of this and that, don't use the performance of a few players to judge...it's just lame...

You dare called higuain with that 6 months loan deal and already washed up ,if higuain left Madrid for the epl immediately he would do so well ,he still even manage about 5 goals in 14 games which is not bad

Falcao who used epl to recover from about 10 months injury grin

Ronaldo was a better player in Madrid than United and he is in a better team so he would score more grin

Are you judging di Maria by goals who didn’t do that bad

Aspas hardly make Liverpool team and you know this but you had to call him because you wanna make a point grin

Players from Spain has always done well in the epl and you know this ,but you can’t accept what I said about salah and you jumped into the laliga

You can’t change the fact that so many players from the Spanish league have done so well in the epl for the past decade .

Aguero
David Silva
Diego costa
Kovacic
Juan mata
Michu
Otamendi
Laporte
Santi carzola
Monreal
Ozil

Same can’t be said of your epl players that went to laliga or even others top league grin

The list are endless

I rest my case
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 10:09am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

You can only mention Hazard..

Lemme mention :
1) Di Maria
2) Falcao
3) Soldado
4) Morata
5) Higuain
6) Filipe Luis.

Players who dominated laliga but flopped heavily in the EPL undecided

Higuaín was a Serie A product when he came to England

Falcao was a Ligué 1 product when he came to England

Morata was not a flop. He's always been an average striker. Always. His best season in LA Liga, he scored 15 goals. What you were expecting him to do, is what I don't understand. Even the Atleti he returned to, 18 goals in 2 seasons. Abegi..

Filipe Luis, remind me again, how is a player bought for 20m, and played just 26 matches a flop? angry

Now we're done with that,
David Silva?
Kun Aguero?
Juan Mata?
Santi Carzola?
Alexis Sanchez?
Diego Costa?
Mesut Ozil?

Danny, don't start o. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2020
barackodam:

Morata was not a flop. He's always been an average striker. Always. His best season in LA Liga, he scored 15 goals. What you were expecting him to do, is what I don't understand. Even the Atleti he returned to, 18 goals in 2 seasons. Abegi..

Filipe Luis, remind me again, how is a player bought for 20m, and played just 26 matches a flop? angry

David Silva?
Kun Aguero?
Juan Mata?
Santi Carzola?
Alexis Sanchez?
Diego Costa?
Mesut Ozil?

andrewbaba44:

You dare called higuain with that 6 months loan deal and already washed up ,if higuain left Madrid for the epl immediately he would do so well ,he still even manage about 5 goals in 14 games which is not bad

Falcao who used epl to recover from about 10 months injury grin

Ronaldo was a better player in Madrid than United and he is in a better team so he would score more grin

Are you judging di Maria by goals who didn’t do that bad

Aspas hardly make Liverpool team and you know this but you had to call him because you wanna make a point grin

Players from Spain has always done well in the epl and you know this ,but you can’t accept what I said about salah and you jumped into the laliga

You can’t change the fact that so many players from the Spanish league have done so well in the epl for the past decade .

Aguero
David Silva
Diego costa
Kovacic
Juan mata
Michu
Otamendi
Laporte
Santi carzola
Monreal
Ozil

Same can’t be said of your epl players that went to laliga or even others top league grin

The list are endless

I rest my case

You should both start by giving me a list of 10 players that shown in the EPL but flopped heavily in laliga.

Then we will see if your logic makes any sense or you are just blabbing out of sentiments...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2020
barackodam:

David Silva?
Kun Aguero?
Juan Mata?
Santi Carzola?
Alexis Sanchez?
Diego Costa?
Mesut Ozil?

Lol

He was trying to get at me ,I was talking about salah performance in seria A and the epl suddenly my guy had to include laliga ,a league he has defended here several times grin

I said what I said ,salah found it easy in the epl than seria A and dude was telling me of Chelsea performance when we all know salah was a bench warmer there grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:15am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

You should both start by giving me a list of 10 players that shown in the EPL but flopped heavily in laliga.

Then we will see if your logic makes any sense or you are just blabbing out of sentiments...

You should have asked how many players even left the epl for laliga at first ? It can’t be compared to the players that have left laliga for the epl nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:16am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You should have asked how many players even left the epl for laliga at first ? It can’t be compared to the players that have left laliga for the epl nah

Exactly!
And why is that so??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2020
Joe Aribo has been injured for another 4-6 weeks

Wow shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

Exactly!
And why is that so??

cheesy

You know say epl get money nah and you don’t expect laliga big boys to buy players from those yeye teams nah ,just as many eibar valencia getafe players will join those small epl teams for better salary ,you can see how a rodrigo Moreno joined newly promoted leads for a record fee and dude is already 30 and he will be their highest paid

Make we leave matter

I will be waiting for you to school kome when next he speak down of others league including laliga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:19am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol

He was trying to get at me ,I was talking about salah performance in seria A and the epl suddenly my guy had to include laliga ,a league he has defended here several times grin

I said what I said ,salah found it easy in the epl than seria A and dude was telling me of Chelsea performance when we all know salah was a bench warmer there grin

It's either you are pretending to be ignorant of the difference in Liverpool and Roma's style of play to drive home your point or you are indeed ignorant of it...

Salah's transformation as a prolific goalscorer at Liverpool is the same as Mane's ...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:20am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

It's either you are pretending to be ignorant of the difference in Liverpool and Roma's style of play to drive home your point or you are indeed ignorant of it...

Salah's transformation as a prolific goalscorer at Liverpool is the same as Mane's ...

Hmmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2020
andrewbaba44:

cheesy

Make we leave matter

I will be waiting for you to school kome when next he speak down of others league including laliga

You can't answer the question because it puts to bed all your argument...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:23am On Sep 11, 2020
The matter don enter ooo

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:25am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

You can't answer the question because it puts to bed all your argument...

I don answer your question

By the way what’s the question ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2020
Danielnino00:

Definitely not the same as Sadio Mane. Mane just started banging over 20 goals a season after 3 years with Liverpool while Salah did it in his first
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:30am On Sep 11, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
The matter don enter ooo

grin. Dem downgrade my guy from 87 to 85..

Meanwhile, the same accalimed England best defender got a 79 rating..
Even behind Ndidi grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9455) (9456) (9457) (9458) (9459) (9460) (9461) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, 12large1 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.