Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,302 members, 7,836,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11786698 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9510) (9511) (9512) (9513) (9514) (9515) (9516) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
I understand another move that could happen soon if all goes well is Frank Onyeka of FC Midtjylland. But it is being held off until after their UCL Qualifying Playoffs game vs FK Krasnodar.

Time will tell.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I understand another move that could happen soon if all goes well is Frank Onyeka of FC Midtjylland. But it is being held off until after their UCL Qualifying Playoffs game vs FK Krasnodar.

Time will tell.
which club is he likely to join?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
Lol. I am just thinking about his personal career. Want the young man playing again just to stay relevant somewhat.

Not everyone must play for the national team. wink

ChrisKels:

Forget Awoniyi, many strikers have left him behind. He and Isaac Success have go off my radar. Should Tolu maintain his form, with Terem, Maja, Nwankwo and Iheanacho all playing in the best leagues, then, Awoniyi will never smell the national team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahahahahaha.... Elyte... See guy, no make me come for you ooo. No be from Olympiakos, Tsimikas take enter Liverpool?? grin

But seriously shaa, Awo needs to get into a consistent run of games again, and I think PAOK can offer him that without stress. 'He does well there, his confidence will rise and he can take it from there.

He should not be thinking of a national team place for now. Right now, his focus should be on getting his form back.

Dude should have a base first, he can't keep gallivanting and globe trotting every summer, and still expect an improvement in his career. At such a young age, he is already a journey man. By the way, go tell him to stay off the media, tell him the PR from Oma Akatugba in the name of granting him interviews every now and then, ain't gonna help him grow.

He should sever ties with Liverpool to get his acts right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2020
Honestly, I would have spilled this one but I wasn't told. But time will tell.

charlesemeka85:
which club is he likely to join?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
Subzero47:

Perez is useless, one of the frauds who get off due to his 'workrate'

Work rate sha? The dude is a fraud. Full stop

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
ChrisKels:
Didn't see this Tolu's Cologne move coming, wow!

With this move and Terem's imminent move to Lorient, I will reiterate - I have serious doubts Cyriel Dessers will be able to get up to 5 caps for Nigeria.

He dealt his chances a big blow by moving to Belgium

I av a feeling dt "sentimentally " ,d guy will b getting some call ups... In fact d sentiment is already showing if his name appears on d list while onauchu who's benching him @ his club doesn't ......I might b wrong though cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, I would have spilled this one but I wasn't told. But time will tell.

heard few bundesliga teams re interested in him few weeks ago
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
kennysville:

Work rate sha? The dude is a fraud. Full stop

I av Neva seen a "boring" player as dt Perez guy...I dont c anything spectacular abt him..just dere smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
Subzero47:
Kevin Akpogunma is officially a Naija player

Nothing to celebrate here, he isn't an improvement on what we have already. Of all the German boys, only Torunarigha and maybe Uduokhai are worth celebrating because they really are gonna improve our team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2020
Hahahahahaha.... Take am easy naa. I no get Awoniyi number ooo. Lol

But you are right. He should end his relationship with Liverpool to stop all these unhelpful loans. It took K.Nwakali ending his ties with Arsenal to set him back on track and to the comeback he is experiencing now. Awo should follow same path like K.Nwakali.

Using Media PR to make yourself stay relevant reeks of mediocrity. But I hope he will bounce back. Lad is still young.

ChrisKels:

Dude should have a base first, he can't keep gallivanting and globe trotting every summer, and still expect an improvement in his career. At such a young age, he is already a journey man. By the way, go tell him to stay off the media, tell him the PR from Oma Akatugba in the name of granting him interviews every now and then, ain't gonna help him grow.

He should sever ties with Liverpool to get his acts right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
elyte89:

I av a feeling dt "sentimentally " ,d guy will b getting some call ups... In fact d sentiment is already showing if his name appears on d list while onauchu who's benching him @ his club doesn't ......I might b wrong though cool

It would not last long, if Onuachu continues to bench him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
And it is not far from the truth b'cos I was told it's a move to a Top league. And I mean a Top 5 league. But until then, nothing more. But time will tell.

charlesemeka85:
heard few bundesliga teams re interested in him few weeks ago

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
ChrisKels:

Forget Awoniyi, many strikers have left him behind. He and Isaac Success have go off my radar. Should Tolu maintain his form, with Terem, Maja, Nwankwo and Iheanacho all playing in the best leagues, then, Awoniyi will never smell the national team.
First of all (go down low), please correct your second sentence above. Then secondly, you are not God now, why use the word "Never" for Awoniyi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2020
Knowing how Rohr fancies German football, Tolu's move will put him smackdab in the middle of the coach's radar.

Excellent move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
Olulong:

He was never on Wilfred's level. Maybe at the national team I'll agree buh not club wise

Onazi's early days at Lazio was superb and better than Ndidi's at Genk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2020
Thank you Jide. Very important update. I saw a pic of him training but work kept me from coming here on time to share it. I see some here already have. Well done.

Any news on Iwobi is very vital. That guy is one of the heartbeats of our Super Eagles. Fact!

jihday:
Iwobi was down with a hamstring injury but he's now fit and available for selection

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

First of all (go down low), please correct your second sentence above. Then secondly, you are not God now, why use the word "Never" for Awoniyi?

Unless a miracle happens grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2020
tbaba1234:

Jordan is also on his way. Uduokhai will join a bit later

If Jordan is the next player, then, I am over the moon already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
I agree on this concerning Kevin Akpoguma as it is the same way I feel about us landing Josh Onomah. Nothing really exciting about them But both are decent enough additions nonetheless and expand our options.

But the real quality additions are/will be Torunarigha (he is close), Uduokhai (to follow soon but not soonest), Ejaria (close), Adarabioyo and couple more to come. Also not forgetting the new call-ups on the way like Ejuke and co.

The Super Eagles are not smiling! Rohr is not smiling. I can confirm to you that his main target is that Afcon title. But he won't make it obvious to the media.

A new class is in session on the continent. The Super Eagles Class. cool

ChrisKels:

Nothing to celebrate here, he isn't an improvement on what we have already. Of all the German boys, only Torunarigha and maybe Uduokhai are worth celebrating because they really are gonna improve our team

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Knowing how Rohr fancies German football, Tolu's move will put him smackdab in the middle of the coach's radar.

Excellent move.

The move na superb move, I pray the Bobo performs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
jihday:
If omeruo doesn't leave Leganes then I'm afraid he could be watching the next afcon from his sitting room

Cc ThesuperNerd grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2020
elyte89:

cyriel desser will definitely be on the list. He deserve a chance in the national team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2020
elyte89:

onuachu should transfer his club form to the national team first then we will have a discussion if cyriel should be drop for him. At the moment, cyriel deserve at least a chance to play in the national team and there is nothing like sentiment here. He earned his first call up but unfortunately coro stopped that from happening.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I agree on this concerning Kevin Akpoguma as it is the same way I feel about us landing Josh Onomah. But both are decent enough additions nonetheless and expands our options.

But the real quality additions are/will be Torunarigha, Uduokhai, Ejaria, Adarabioyo and couple more to come. Also not forgetting the new call-ups on the way like Ejuke and co.

The Super Eagles are not smiling! Rohr is not smiling. I can confirm to you that his main target is that Afcon title. But he won't make it obvious to the media.

A new class is in session on the continent. The Super Eagles Class. cool

Rohr is makin me proud to be honest. His advice to his players to shun offers from obscure leagues shows his wish is for these players to improve and rub shoulders with the best in top leagues
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
23-man list. That is very possible of course. Rohr will only need 4CBs. Even Rabiot missed the WC for France. France had a lot of options but Rabiot is still in the team today. wink

The point is missing a tournament doesn't mean you are not part of the team. Iheanacho too missed the Afcon but he could make the next one. It is always a good thing to have options in abundance.

ChrisKels:

Cc ThesuperNerd grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2020
ChrisKels:

don't mind Kevin, water don pass garri na why he dey run wan play for Naija. He go chop bench tire and his yansh go "flat" especially when we have jordan, uduokhai, adarbioyo, ekong, semi, awasiem. He go chop bench tire.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2020
Philosopher1979:

This boy is going places. He will give Rohr a selection headache. One of our u17 boys.
Have you noticed that under Rohr our boys now desire to move to better leagues.
I think it is a combination of two factors

1. Rohr's attitude towards his players to aim for the best
2. The maturation of our youth, grassroots and developmental football

The NFF/Zenith U15 developmental tourney is paying of greatly. I guess the pandemic really hampered this year's edition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2020
Tolu has already arrived in Cologne. It's on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2020
Osimhen's jersey number for the season
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1047352520?-21310:8643

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2020
kellycute:
don't mind Kevin, water don pass garri na why he dey run wan play for Naija. He go chop bench tire and his yansh go "flat" especially when we have jordan, uduokhai, adarbioyo, ekong, semi, awasiem. He go chop bench tire.

Kaaaiii... I don laugh tire... grin Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
Clint02:
Osimhen's jersey number for the season

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1047352520?-21310:8643

Let me help you with that....

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9510) (9511) (9512) (9513) (9514) (9515) (9516) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.