Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11647406 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9610) (9611) (9612) (9613) (9614) (9615) (9616) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 9:10am On Sep 30, 2020
temi1290:

Is this bad belle or what??
Lol.sometimes players of nigerian descent start to decline after they commit to play for nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:10am On Sep 30, 2020
barackodam:

Tosin that isn't good enough for EPL?

Abi na another guy?

Is it when Adarabioyo joins an EPL club that he automatically becomes good

The same follows for Dominic Iorfa.

All the German Bundesliga players become outstanding because they play in the Bundesliga to many here. That is too simplistic, it is an indicator but not conclusive.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2020
Christology:

but our assistant captain is now a championship playing player, abi his own championship is different from the championship that we know.

grin grin grin

He's the assistant captain, he's already rigged himself in. Same way our captain is from Saudi. Ain't nothing we can do about it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:11am On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

Danish league is a low quality league.

However, you say Onyeka was outstanding, then why has he remained at FC Midtjylland he has been there for four seasons.

When you are outstanding in your club and league, clubs take notice and you move on.

Frank Onyeka will be getting paid peanuts in comparison to better leagues and clubs. From what's been published he earns a paltry €180k a year.

I know players in English league two that earn €300k a year.

I don't believe he has some emotive sentiment based loyalty to the club, he is a Nigerian he will not be that foolish.

So why is a claimed outstanding quality player still in a mediocre league getting paid peanuts.

WHY has nobody put in a substantive offer to take him to at least a top 10 league.

U have connections with clubs so why don't u ask them? All I know is that u cannot buy yourself. Dennis scored a brace against Madrid and he is still in Belgium.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:11am On Sep 30, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

Lol.sometimes players of nigerian descent start to decline after they commit to play for nigeria

It depends on how you define decline.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 9:11am On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

There are others that he visited on England and talked to directly and or with their agents.

Then he takes his recommendations to the NFF for discussions, that's when lots of opinions are expressed it is not a one man show.

Oh, I never knew.

Thanks for the enlightement

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 9:16am On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

All the German Bundesliga players become outstanding because they play in the Bundesliga to many here. That is too simplistic, it is an indicator but not conclusive.

I didn't dispute his quality. But it's a known fact here that we encourage our players to be plying their trade in first divisions. I know you'd preach championship is better than bla bla,

But which of of players is playing in a second division and was called up.

Don't mention Shehu please. That guy is a quota player.

We can not have a "law"(more like style, tbh), then change it when it has to do with English boys.

Are we short on options in defense?
We already have like 6 CBs already, 2 more German boys in bundesliga are coming, but you want us to consider a player playing in the championship.

He's so good enough he's playing in the championship angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 9:17am On Sep 30, 2020
When Tammy and Tomori were playing in the Championship, Nigeria was the next best thing after oxygen. The moment Lampard started using them in Chelsea first team

gbam,

The next best thing after oxygen changed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

U have connections with clubs so why don't u ask them? All I know is that u cannot buy yourself. Dennis scored a brace against Madrid and he is still in Belgium.

It's very simplistic better players go to better clubs.

A club will consider multiple players and choose that one that best suits thier playing style, has most potential, best transfer cost, is he better than what we have, etc.

Dennis scored a brace very correct, but he did not make a consistent impression in his league.
It's possible that clubs looked at him as a a flash in the pan.

Osimhen generated a lot of interest because he performed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2020
barackodam:

I didn't dispute his quality. But it's a known fact here that we encourage our players to be plying their trade in first divisions. I know you'd preach championship is better than bla bla,

But which of of players is playing in a second division and was called up.

Don't mention Shehu please. That guy is a quota player.

We can not have a "law"(more like style, tbh), then change it when it has to do with English boys.

Are we short on options in defense?
We already have like 6 CBs already, 2 more German boys in bundesliga are coming, but you want us to consider a player playing in the championship.

He's so good enough he's playing in the championship angry

Even first tier leagues have grade.

Which would you rather have an outstanding CB in the Championship or one that's just making up the numbers in La Liga.

Or which do you think is better an outstanding CB in the Championship or one in backwater first tier league that is also outstanding.

I always look at what you do in your league. For example Mitrovic was the outstanding strikers in the Championship but he was better than many strikers in EPL, same follows for Banford and Watkins who played for Leeds and Brentford.

So do you think that because Keane ( Everton), Benteke ( Crystal Palace), Linton ( Newcastle) Lys Mousset ( Sheffield United) , Neal Maupet( Brighton) KC ( Leicester) , Wood( Burnley) all play as strikers in the EPL.

Absolutely none of them are better than MITROVIC in any way shape or form, but they were all Premier league strikers when Mitrovic was in Fulham in the Championship.

Watford have been relegated according to you therefore Ismaila Starr is no longer a quality winger.

Bournemouth got relegated where did thier best defender go,Nathan Ake, to Manchester city.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:54am On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

Let me take the arguments you made some minutes ago, let me change it to Adarabiayo

komekn:

Championship league is a low quality league.

However, you say Adarabiayo was outstanding, then why has he remained at Man city reserves he has been there for four seasons.

When you are outstanding in your club and league, clubs take notice and you move on.

Adarabiayo
will be getting paid peanuts in comparison to better leagues and clubs. From what's been published he earns a paltry €180k a year.

I know players in English league two that earn €300k a year.

I don't believe he has some emotive sentiment based loyalty to the club, he is a Nigerian he will not be that foolish.

So why is a claimed outstanding quality player still in a Championship getting paid peanuts.

WHY has nobody put in a substantive offer to take him to at least a top 10 league.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2020
Subzero047:

Let me take the arguments you made some minutes ago, let me change it to Adarabiayo

I guess all these argument are baseless we are know who our CBs
Udokhai
Jordan
Apkoguma
Ekong
But the only issue now is that ekong has foolishly brought the likes of iorfa and tosin to the picture I wonder how Rohr will be able to snub tosin and Iorfa when the duo becomes very outstanding in the league; making teams of the weeks and months
There is huge probability the duo performs better than Ekong coz they've been in the league for almost all of their career the likes of iorfa has been in championship since the begining of his career I won't be suprise if ekong doesnt make the Qatar team coz we all here knows the quality of tosin if not because of Guardiola racism he should be in man city forget the likes of john stones are not better than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2020
grin grin grin grin

can't wait to see how he will debunk himself.

if he agrees with your modified statement then he accepts he's also sentimental and biased.

if he says otherwise then he admits what he said before is bollocks.

you are very wicked giving him Ltn "everwhere he goes" grin

Subzero047:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2020
Hello Team, today is my birthday.

Please share me some wishes smiley

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:12am On Sep 30, 2020
Subzero047:

...see sometimes a player we don't rate do come good with time.

Adarabioyo proved Komekn wrong with his recent performance especially last season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Ekong is an established national team player so he will be given a period of grace to get back to top tier football but make no mistake if his situation doesn't change after one season then his place will be under threat.

the likes of Iorfa and Tosin would have to do something extra special now especially with the german guys joining us soon.

sheyishemba:

Udokhai
Jordan
Apkoguma
Ekong
But the only issue now is that ekong has foolishly brought the likes of iorfa and tosin to the picture I wonder how Rohr will be able to snub tosin and Iorfa when the duo becomes very outstanding in the league; making teams of the weeks and months
There is huge probability the duo performs better than Ekong coz they've been in the league for almost all of their career the likes of iorfa has been in championship since the begining of his career I won't be suprise if ekong doesnt make the Qatar team coz we all here knows the quality of tosin if not because of Guardiola racism he should be in man city forget the likes of john stones are not better than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2020
happy birthday egbon! wish you more years of blessings and success

Icon4s:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2020
chrisooblog:
Ekong is an established national team player so he will be given a period of grace to get back to top tier football but make no mistake if his situation doesn't change after one season then his place will be under threat.

the likes of Iorfa and Tosin would have to do something extra special now especially with the german guys joining us soon.

You just nailed ekong will be given the grace coz he is an established player and an assistant captain but this is gonna attract a lot of media critism which in the end he will succumb to .......same apply to musa,musa needs to start playing or forget SE many players are fighting for his spot the likes of oneyekuru, kalu, Dennis, ejuke are not smiling.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

Happy birthday oga more life in good health and abundant wealth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:19am On Sep 30, 2020
sheyishemba:

Udokhai
Jordan
Apkoguma
Ekong
My man na their performances for Super Eagles go judge o.Whether Ekong dey championship no matter o,those German boys just need to prove to us that they are better in eagles colour.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

Old boy Happy Birthday but ya face scarce o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Kog45:
My man na their performances for Super Eagles go judge o.Whether Ekong dey championship no matter o,those German boys just need to prove to us that they are better in eagles colour.

My broda remember say nah club performance go earn you invitation to the team
Moreover ekong has not really be impressive since post Russia the likes of tosin are up for his position

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

Happy Birthday oga Icon4s! God bless your new age... Kindly serve us big cat fish for the celebration grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2020
sheyishemba:

My broda remember say nah club performance go earn you invitation to the team
I know my man... Club performance leads to national team invitation but a player need to tell us he is better in eagles colour.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 10:29am On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

Happy Birthday.......More Grace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 30, 2020
Kog45:
I know my man... Club performance leads to national team invitation but a player need to tell us he is better in eagles colour.

The likes of tosin might be more impressive than ekong it obvious rohr don't rate tosin and iorfa but now he now have to reckon with them ....
Like have said earlier am 80% sure tosin and iorfa will outclass ekong in championship the quality and experience is there probably that might end his SE career he needs to sit tight and boss the league so he can move to first tier.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 10:35am On Sep 30, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

Azin Nigeria dey give them bad luck abi??

Give me examples of those players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 10:57am On Sep 30, 2020
grin
Subzero047:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

Happy Birthday Sir. Wishing you success in all your endeavors.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2020
sheyishemba:

Udokhai
Jordan
Apkoguma
Ekong

Ekong is assistant captain sir, he's going nowhere, not soon. Unless he's not playing.

Musa has been in Saudi for how long now, has he stopped making the team?

Captains have oil on their head. They didn't become captain overnight, so they hold a lot of sway in the team.

As annoying as Roberto is in Barça, he's the 4th captain. And for that, he can't be chased away, even as much as fans hate him. His team status will always stand for him.

Ekong is sure to stay sir, so long as he's playing. He might later get the Musa role, playing from the bench, but he'd keep making the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LukasPodolski: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2020
Pogba senior, be very kiaful.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 11:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

Happy Birthday grandpa tongue

Long Life and prosperity sir smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (9610) (9611) (9612) (9613) (9614) (9615) (9616) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, shawwal1(m), chrisooblog and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.