Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648456 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9611) (9612) (9613) (9614) (9615) (9616) (9617) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 11:12am On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:
Hello Team, today is my birthday.

Please share me some wishes smiley
HBD ��� sir, long life and prosperity IJN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

Wow Chief, may God's abundant blessings never cease in your life and household. Have a happy birthday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 11:34am On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

happy birthday sir ICON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
chrisooblog:
grin grin grin grin

can't wait to see how he will debunk himself.

if he agrees with your modified statement then he accepts he's also sentimental and biased.

if he says otherwise then he admits what he said before is bollocks.

you are very wicked giving him Ltn "everwhere he goes" grin

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

The Arch-Guardian Elite of the Halls of experience on all our NT threads especially the Super Eagles threads. grin

The Odogwu and exponent of the theory of "He is not there yet" grin

A true Super Eagles fan (despite also bring a bonafide Gunners fan) and Super Analyst on football. cheesy

A man who won't place his club affiliations above the Super Eagles unlike some others. grin

A Wonderful football story teller and Historian of Nigerian Football rightly bringing together the past and the present. smiley

And he is also like my Big Dad in here.

I celebrate you today Chief Icon4s... One of the true Ballers in our thread's First XI. Incase you don't know, Icon4s would be one of our defenders if this thread is fashioned into a first XI. He is like a libero. Lol

You shall, in your time, witness the day Nigeria become that African side that will break the WC Semifinals curse. And you shall witness this generation go on to be something really special taking you back to the glories of the 90s being our first Golden Generation. You shall see it and you shall feel alive again when talking Super Eagles matters in this time and age. The heartbreaks the likes of Yakubu and Co gave you in the Mid 2000s to 2010s shall be seen no more. wink

And I wish you all the best and the finest of everything your heart desires. It is well with you.

Happy Birthday Big Man. Enjoy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today - Sept.30

La Liga

Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal CF) vs Alaves - Home game.

Huesca vs Atletico Madrid - Home game.
*Kelechi Nwakali still indisposed and recovering. Kevin Carlos Omoruyi likely to miss out too

English League Cup (Carabao Cup) - Round of 16

Odion Jude Ighalo (Manchester Utd) vs Brighton Hove and Albion - Away game.

Alexander Iwobi (Everton) vs West Ham Utd - Home game.

Serie A

Bobby Adekanye (SS Lazio) vs Atalanta - Home game.

UCL Qualifying Playoffs - 2nd legs

*Yesterday, Leke James couldn't make it into the group stages with FK Molde after they played out a 0-0 draw with Ferencvaros away. First leg was 3-3 in Norway so Molde lost out on away goals... Today would it be Onyeka or Olayinka? They square up against each other. Also can Esiti and the Salzburg Dual-Nationality Nigerian boys make it into the group stages? Time will tell*

Frank Onyeka (FC Midtjylland) vs Slavia Prague - Home game.
*Aggregate score: 0-0

Peter Olayinka (Slavia Prague) vs FC Midtjylland - Away game.
*Aggregate score: 0-0

Anderson Esiti (PAOK Saloniki) vs FK Krasnodar - Home game.
*Aggregate score: 1-2

Karim Adeyemi, *Junior Chukwubuike Adamu (RB Salzburg) vs Maccabi Tel Aviv - Home game.
*Aggregate score: 2-1

German Super Cup Final

Jamal Musiala, Joshua Zirkzee (Bayern Munich) vs Borussia Dortmund

Coppa Italia - 2nd Round

Theophilus Awua, Roberto Ogunseye (A.S. Cittadella) vs Novara - Home game.

Joel Obi (Chievo Verona) vs U.S. Catanzaro - Home game.

*Caleb Memeh Okoli (SPAL) vs Bari - Home game.

Austria 2. Liga

Paul Komolafe (Kapfenberg SV) vs FAC Wien - Away game.

Slovakian Fortuna Super Liga

Rabiu Ibrahim (Slovan Bratislava) vs FK Senica - Home game.

Danish 1st.Division
*Ibrahim Sa'id (Viborg) vs Vendsyssel - Home game.

Jubril Adedeji (HB Køge) vs Helsingor - Away game.

Slovenian 1.SNL

Mathias Oyewusi Kehinde (ND Gorica) vs Olimpija - Away game.

Latvian Cup - Round of 16

Chinonso Nnamdi Offor (RIGAS FS) vs Audu

Bonus:

Egyptian FA Cup - Round of 16

Junior Ajayi (AL Ahly) vs Tersana

Asia - AFC Champions League - Quarter finals

**Ahmed Musa (Al Nassr) vs Al Ahli

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
barackodam:

Ekong is assistant captain sir, he's going nowhere, not soon. Unless he's not playing.

Musa has been in Saudi for how long now, has he stopped making the team?

Captains have oil on their head. They didn't become captain overnight, so they hold a lot of sway in the team.

As annoying as Roberto is in Barça, he's the 4th captain. And for that, he can't be chased away, even as much as fans hate him. His team status will always stand for him.

Ekong is sure to stay sir, so long as he's playing. He might later get the Musa role, playing from the bench, but he'd keep making the team.

Don't overrule my preposition ekong might be out of the team the position of the assistant captain is not an impetus for him to be in the team musa the captain when was the last time he started a game for the SE if the likes of tosin and iorfa are all playing very well then they will be given the chance to prove themselves because ekong is now an assistant captain he won't be facing any competition that pure rubbish even captain is on bench because of competition how much more assistant captain
In conclusion Ekong have to boss the league and prove he is better than iorfa and tosin week in week out that the only thing that can guarantee his shirt the captain shit is rubbish even Chelsea dey bench both azpiciulieta( captain) and jorgihno ( assistant captain ) so what the hell are you telling me .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
sheyishemba:

Don't overrule my preposition ekong might be out of the team the position of the assistant captain is not an impetus for him to be in the team musa the captain when was the last time he started a game for the SE if the likes of tosin and iorfa are all playing very well then they will be given the chance to prove themselves because ekong is now an assistant captain he won't be facing any competition that pure rubbish even captain is on bench because of competition how much more assistant captain
In conclusion Ekong have to boss the league and prove he is better than iorfa and tosin week in week out that the only thing that can guarantee his shirt the captain shit is rubbish even Chelsea dey bench both azpiciulieta( captain) and jorgihno ( assistant captain ) so what the hell are you telling me .

We're saying the same thing naa.
Azpi dey chop bench.
Jorginho, bench.

Did either of them not make squad list?

Here's what I said again.

barackodam:

Ekong is assistant captain sir, he's going nowhere, not soon. Unless he's not playing.

Ekong is sure to stay sir, so long as he's playing. He might later get the Musa role, playing from the bench, but he'd keep making the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
temi1290:

Azin Nigeria dey give them bad luck abi??

Give me examples of those players
I ain't say naija give 'em badluck,but we notice a decline in few players.E.g iwobi and ebuehi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

Even first tier leagues have grade.

Which would you rather have an outstanding CB in the Championship or one that's just making up the numbers in La Liga.

Or which do you think is better an outstanding CB in the Championship or one in backwater first tier league that is also outstanding.

I always look at what you do in your league. For example Mitrovic was the outstanding strikers in the Championship but he was better than many strikers in EPL, same follows for Banford and Watkins who played for Leeds and Brentford.

So do you think that because Keane ( Everton), Benteke ( Crystal Palace), Linton ( Newcastle) Lys Mousset ( Sheffield United) , Neal Maupet( Brighton) KC ( Leicester) , Wood( Burnley) all play as strikers in the EPL.

Absolutely none of them are better than MITROVIC in any way shape or form, but they were all Premier league strikers when Mitrovic was in Fulham in the Championship.

Watford have been relegated according to you therefore Ismaila Starr is no longer a quality winger.

Bournemouth got relegated where did thier best defender go,Nathan Ake, to Manchester city.

Agreed.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

I ain't say naija give 'em badluck,but we notice a decline in few players.E.g iwobi and ebuehi

Hmmmm.
What about Ekong?
What about Osaze?
What about Balogun?

undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
barackodam:

We're saying the same thing naa.
Azpi dey chop bench.
Jorginho, bench.

Did either of them not make squad list?

Here's what I said again.

The national team football is a little bit from club football there are limit to position you can take to a competition
Let's take for example AFCON rohr took 8 defenders 4 fullbacks and 4 center backs
If we're going by these quotation then Ekong is out. It even glaring now that ekong will probably be outta the squad in 2021.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
Subzero047:

Let me take the arguments you made some minutes ago, let me change it to Adarabiayo

Interesting elementary proposition you make it's anchored on " lack of knowledge " and birthed from pre conceived notions of assumed superiority.

The proposition is childish but let's be childish today and l will indulge you.

Before we proceed let's get a baseline agreement on some things.

In general the vast majority of football players are motivated by £££€€€€ above and beyond most other considerations.

Apologies, l speculated that Frank Onyeka was on at least €180k euro I was wrong, he is on €150k that's not per week but annual.

At the age of 19 Tosin was on £25k a week at Manchester City, which is a world class club with many world class players.

What is he getting now probably more like £50k a week. He quite recently refused to renew his contract which expires next Summer. ( very wise)

Why has he stayed at Manchester City ❓ First of all not many clubs can afford him. Secondly, playing reserve team and or going on loan is quite normal in a world class team. Because there are better more experienced and expensive defenders ahead of him.

you probably know that a plethora of EPL clubs came looking for Tosin but City refused to sell him.

Finally, you really cannot compare a Manchester City player with Frank Onyeka playing in the backwaters of European football leagues to a EPL player.

Finally, finally forgot to add, if the Championship is a low quality league, what then is the Danish Super league a super low poor quality league.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

It's very simplistic better players go to better clubs.

A club will consider multiple players and choose that one that best suits thier playing style, has most potential, best transfer cost, is he better than what we have, etc.

Dennis scored a brace very correct, but he did not make a consistent impression in his league.
It's possible that clubs looked at him as a a flash in the pan.

Osimhen generated a lot of interest because he performed.

It's not that simple man. Do you think Sanusi was the best player FC Porto could have signed, sometimes, grace comes to play.

For Dennis, he's a big game player, he scored against Man Utd in the Europa League too. His agency may be his stumbling block to that next big move.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2020
elunico:

It's not that simple man. Do you think Sanusi was the best player FC Porto could have signed, sometimes, grace comes to play.

For Dennis, he's a big game player, he scored against Man Utd in the Europa League too. His agency may be his stumbling block to that next big move.

I used the description " Flash in the pan" if you call him a big game player, you are CONFIRMING his handicap, INCONSISTENCY.

I will not buy a player who only turn-up on big games.

In this regard it is SIMPLISTIC.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

For real?

I can come up with names of players that rejected us and soon fast-tracked into obscurity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2020
Transfer News: Ademola Lookman joins Fulham

Lookman signs for Fulham on loan from RB Leipzig.
It's a one year loan deal.

“After the conversations I had with Scott Parker, I got a great feeling, that's the working relationship I want to have. He’s young and hungry and I’m young and hungry as well so it’s a good match.” - @Alookman_

Welcome back to England, Lookman.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
elunico:

For real?

I can come up with names of players that rejected us and soon fast-tracked into obscurity.
I'm not arguing anything.i just said we noticed few guys declined thats all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

It's very simplistic better players go to better clubs.

A club will consider multiple players and choose that one that best suits thier playing style, has most potential, best transfer cost, is he better than what we have, etc.

Dennis scored a brace very correct, but he did not make a consistent impression in his league.
It's possible that clubs looked at him as a a flash in the pan.

Osimhen generated a lot of interest because he performed.

In the year 2020 the fact that some Nigerians still don't understand that everyone's story can't be the same still baffles me. We might as well be living in caves with this mentality.

Dennis was the best player on a team that won the league. He also had special performances against PSG and Manchester United.

So because I brought only one example u think u can just brush ii off with your normal grammar grin

Samatta the Tanzanian spent 5 years at Genk before going to Aston Villa undecided

U are a Nigerian so u know of one Simon Moses and how Gent refused to sell until they lost everything at the end.

Let's stay in England, how old was Jamie Vardy when Leicester got him from NON LEAGUE football? 25.

This same Osimhen u are bringing up ehn, were you not the person who said his transfer was falling apart because of what the press said he did? So u do know the fragile nature of the transfer market but u are being senile to that fact in a bid to gain an advantage in a common discussion of limited gravitas. Ehn me too I sabi grammar grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

I used the description " Flash in the pan" if you call him a big game player, you are CONFIRMING his handicap, INCONSISTENCY.

I will not buy a player who only turn-up on big games.

In this regard it is SIMPLISTIC.

You completely ignored my first paragraph, that's fine.

I did not say he "only turns up for big games" you inferred that, he's a decent player with decent numbers and wouldn't be overwhelmed by the pedigree of any opposition he faces, that's my point.

Danjuma never got Dennis' numbers in the same team, but, he earned a move to Bournemouth, what can you say about that?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Transfer News: Ademola Lookman joins Fulham

Lookman signs for Fulham on loan from RB Leipzig.
It's a one year loan deal.

“After the conversations I had with Scott Parker, I got a great feeling, that's the working relationship I want to have. He’s young and hungry and I’m young and hungry as well so it’s a good match.” - @Alookman_

Welcome back to England, Lookman.

Nice one, I hope he gets playing again, I would never understand why he was treated so badly at Leipzig after an impressive loan spell with them.

And for Aina, whatever is stopping him from playing, he better sort it out, Ebuehi is back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
Stormtrooper11:

I'm not arguing anything.i just said we noticed few guys declined thats all.

Ok.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

In the year 2020 the fact that some Nigerians still don't understand that everyone's story can't be the same still baffles me. We might as well be living in caves with this mentality.

Dennis was the best player on a team that won the league. He also had special performances against PSG and Manchester United.

So because I brought only one example u think u can just brush ii off with your normal grammar grin

Samatta the Tanzanian spent 5 years at Genk before going to Aston Villa undecided

U are a Nigerian so u know of one Simon Moses and how Gent refused to sell until they lost everything at the end.

Let's stay in England, how old was Jamie Vardy when Leicester got him from NON LEAGUE football? 25.

This same Osimhen u are bringing up ehn, were you not the person who said his transfer was falling apart because of what the press said he did? So u do know the fragile nature of the transfer market but u are being senile to that fact in a bid to gain an advantage in a common discussion of limited gravitas. Ehn me too I sabi grammar grin

Regarding the bold NOT TRUE.

What has the story of Vardy got to do with Dennis, no relevance at all.

Dennis was the best player according to who Ndidi was clearly outstanding and see where he is today.

The Belguim league is a selling league predominantly. Dennis had been at Brugge for three seasons, why . He is too good they are paying him too much or is he overvalued or maybe work permit issues.

I really can't say.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
elunico:

Nice one, I hope he gets playing again, I would never understand why he was treated so badly at Leipzig after an impressive loan spell with them.

And for Aina, whatever is stopping him from playing, he better sort it out, Ebuehi is back.

There is no problem for aina he can play as a LB prolly deputizing for sanusi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
sheyishemba:

The national team football is a little bit from club football there are limit to position you can take to a competition
Let's take for example AFCON rohr took 8 defenders 4 fullbacks and 4 center backs
If we're going by these quotation then Ekong is out. It even glaring now that ekong will probably be outta the squad in 2021.

First, I agree the NT is very different from club football. But experience matters, experience and team cohesion.

I believe, Ekong would make the team, even as a carry along. Provided he's fit.

You're talking like its all the 23 players that will play in the tournament. France and Croatia that played the most games in Russia didn't field all their 23 players.

If not because of rotation sake, and even more for the fact that we were playing a 3rd placed match, you think Rohr would have used all the 23 players he took to Egypt?

Ekong is just 27, and you're talking like he's already 35 grin He wouldn't have clocked 30 by Qatar, and would be our most experienced player in the team, excluding Musa, of course.

And you think Ekong won't make the team again.

Loooooollllll
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
elunico:

You completely ignored my first paragraph, that's fine.

I did not say he "only turns up for big games" you inferred that, he's a decent player with decent numbers and wouldn't be overwhelmed by the pedigree of any opposition he faces, that's my point.

Danjuma never got Dennis' numbers in the same team, but, he earned a move to Bournemouth, what can you say about that?

If you go back l alluded to this somewhat.

You may find it hard to believe but l talk from experiential knowledge.

A club will converge statistics with thier view of the player. Their view will be formed by a number of questions, Will he fit into our style of play, does he have the physical attributes we require, What's his consistency like, How good is he, Mentality, Good value ££, Is he better than what we have, etc, etc ❓ Sometimes somebody likes you and or your agent is in the loop. Football politics.

Joe Linton has poor statistics but Newcastle believed he would fit into their system and style of play. I personally consider him a flop.

If you notice for several years l have not encouraged black players to go to Burnley. Thats part of my experiential knowledge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
barackodam:

First, I agree the NT is very different from club football. But experience matters, experience and team cohesion.

You're talking like its all the 23 players that will play in the tournament. France and Croatia that played the most games in Russia didn't field all their 23 players.

If not because of rotation sake, and even more for the fact that we were playing a 3rd placed match, you think Rohr would have used all the 23 players he took to Egypt?

Ekong is just 27, and you're talking like he's already 35 grin He wouldn't have clocked 30 by Qatar, and would be our most experienced player in the team, excluding Musa, of course.

Loooooollllll

There is a form of evolution that have taken place in the SE now your experience is jara talent nah koko if we're going by experience the likes of nosa igbieor will be in the team ....ama huge fan of ekong he needs to step up his game by the time we will be going to qatar it is very sure all the three German defenders will have completely switch to us we will need 4 CBs to go to the tournament ( I made these assertions based on AFCON and Russia 18) ekong needs to outclass the likes of tosin and iorfa who are plying in the same league he is playing and we don't even know what the future holds player like nnamdi( I no sabi spell the name grin) might turn out good in borrusia Dortmund give me a reason why rohr will sacrifice an hoffenhim, Augsburg, Hertha Berlin and Dortmund starter for a Watford player. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:

85milla to your account. Happy birthday!!cheers. Coaching badge underway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
sheyishemba:

There is a form of evolution that have taken place in the SE now your experience is jara talent nah koko if we're going to by experience the likes of nosa igbieor will be in the team ....ama huge fan of ekong he needs to step up his game by the time we will be going to qatar it is very sure all the three German defenders will have completely switch to us we will need 4 defenders to go to the tournament ( I made these assertions based on AFCON and Russia 18) ekong needs to outclass the likes of tosin and iorfa who are plying in the same league he is playing and we don't even know what the future holds player like nnamdi( I no sabi spell the name grin) might turn out good in borrusia Dortmund give me a reason why rohr will sacrifice an hoffenhim, Augsburg, Hertha Berlin and Dortmund starter for a Watford player. wink

Good thing we're understanding each other.

Ekong will have no work to do, so long as Big Dom and Tosin are both in the championship. See, people get rep o. Even when Kalu wasn't having average performance, he still kept making the squad, despite players that were better than him.

I no go even mention Shehu own.

Point is, Ekong has already turned to irunmole in the team, he doesn't need to kill himself to get a place in the team. He's even a Captain.

Bros, all the odds favor Ekong. I'm not saying he shouldn't sit up o, don't misconstrue me. I'm saying, he won't have to kill himself to get a place in the team.

World Cup
Ekong + Balogun

Nations Cup
Ekong + Omeruo

Recent Friendlies
Ekong + Ajayi

It's his partners that has been rotating, not him.

Ekong is going nowhere sir grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

Interesting elementary proposition you make it's anchored on " lack of knowledge " and birthed from pre conceived notions of assumed superiority.

The proposition is childish but let's be childish today and l will indulge you.

Before we proceed let's get a baseline agreement on some things.

In general the vast majority of football players are motivated by £££€€€€ above and beyond most other considerations.

Apologies, l speculated that Frank Onyeka was on at least €180k euro I was wrong, he is on €150k that's not per week but annual.

At the age of 19 Tosin was on £25k a week at Manchester City, which is a world class club with many world class players.

What is he getting now probably more like £50k a week. He quite recently refused to renew his contract which expires next Summer. ( very wise)

Why has he stayed at Manchester City ❓ First of all not many clubs can afford him. Secondly, playing reserve team and or going on loan is quite normal in a world class team. Because there are better more experienced and expensive defenders ahead of him.

you probably know that a plethora of EPL clubs came looking for Tosin but City refused to sell him.

Finally, you really cannot compare a Manchester City player with Frank Onyeka playing in the backwaters of European football leagues to a EPL player.

Finally, finally forgot to add, if the Championship is a low quality league, what then is the Danish Super league a super low poor quality league.

It seems all you talk about is actually money and not football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
barackodam:

Loooooollllll

Ekong in my opinion is best CB in SE and most consistent currently. He is not going anywhere soon.

I also point out that club form may not always translate to SE dominant quality play for a playe doing great in hus club.

With Ekong being in the Championship it makes comparison of him and say Dominic Iorfa much easier, And to see his qualities.

We must also appreciate it is a different type of football, faster and more physical than La Liga but less technical, but l believe Ekong will thrive.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2020
Subzero047:

It seems all you talk about is actually money and not football

Football is a relative.

What is top quality and competitive can be two different things. Some people appreciate the competitive nature speed and physicality of the EPL.

Others prefer the technicality and skills set of La Liga. Which is best

At the end of the day without £££€€€ there would be no Barcelona and Real. There would be no over riding dominance by Juventus in Seria A and Bayern in the Bundesliga.

Add to that the better players all things being equal follow the £££€€€ this is a reality.

Look at Frank Onyeka getting paid English league one wages in the poor quality Danish Super league.

If he was given a chance to come to the Championship you think he will not jump, but then that's if he is good enough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9611) (9612) (9613) (9614) (9615) (9616) (9617) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThunderFireAgba, AndSunGorilla and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.