Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11645603 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9614) (9615) (9616) (9617) (9618) (9619) (9620) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
Kog45:
My man na their performances for Super Eagles go judge o.Whether Ekong dey championship no matter o,those German boys just need to prove to us that they are better in eagles colour.

Absolutely KORRRECT
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
Onyeka scores!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
ChrisKels:
Misses Ighalo contending with nobody but himself in the Ighalo challenge. Dude be missing begging chances angry

Village people at work again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
If you aren't watching Frank Onyeka vs Slavia Prague then you are wrong!!!! grin

Lad has been close to excellent and has helped FCM in turning things around against Olayinka and Slavia Prague. He even bagged a goal.

From being a goal down... To making it 1-1. Missing a penalty and now it is 4-1 to Onyeka and his side. They are going to the UCL group stages. Wow!

TheSuperNerd:
Frank Onyeka has been the best player on the pitch for FCM.

Peter Olayinka has also been the best player on the pitch for Slavia Prague.

Both players balling good in the UCL playoffs but only one will make it and Olayinka holds the huge advantage right now.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
If you aren't watching Frank Onyeka vs Slavia Prague then you are wrong!!!! grin

Lad has been close to excellent and has helped FCM in turning things around against Olayinka and Slavia Prague. He even bagged a goal.

From being a goal down... To making it 1-1. Missing a penalty and now it is 4-1 to Onyeka and his side. They are going to the UCL group stages. Wow!

Game over! FC Midtjylland 4-1 Slavia Prague

Both Olayinka and Onyeka on the score sheet.

Olayinka struck first in the third minute.

Onyeka made it 3-1 later on in the second half.

Onyeka was easily the best Midfielder on the pitch for both sides. Yep, he was that good.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

First of all what is the "SOMETHING SPECIAL" that these Nigerian origin German players have.

And what is the EXTRA that Dominic and Tosin have to do.

the German boys play in the first tier of German football tosin and dominic play in the Championship. or do you want to claim championship football is higher than bundesliga? grin

tosin and iorfa's will have to perform outstandingly well in the Championship to get the attention of rohr because if they post just above average performances there is no way gernot will pick them over established guys like omeruo, ekong and balogun

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

U too u type am bold NOT TRUE. So no be u be this? Are u not discussing the breakdown of his transfer U even went into him returning to Lille.

If Jamie could play almost 7 years in non league what is 3 seasons in Belgium? Or do you want to make a new argument saying non league is better than Belgium Jupiler? U said nobody will stay unsigned in a lower league if they are good. Did Vardy win the EPL golden boot? Is that good? So how don't u understand what I am talking about?

U choose not to understand like u chose to ignore me bringing up Simon Moses and Samatta who stay there longer than Dennis.

Anybody with eyes that watched brugge last season will tell u Dennis was their best player. In every single game he played in Europe he was their best player so what the heck are you talking about?

"were you not the person who said his transfer was falling apart because of what the press said he did? "

This is your claim verbatim, it is not suggestive and it makes a matter of FACT STATEMENT.

Discussing the pros and cons if a person behaviour and possible outcomes is not a closed statement or opinion.

You seem confused.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

I hope he moves after this qualifications. I don't like that FCM club, plus nothing from FC Ebedei through FCM has ever been as good as hyped for the Super Eagles, from Izunna, to Igbonu, to Ajilore, to Onuachu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
Icon4s:
Hello Team, today is my birthday.

Please share me some wishes smiley

Happy Birthday and happy personal New Year.

In theses unprecedented times l wish you good health which right now is PRICELESS IMMEASURABLE WEALTH.

Stay blessed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Game over! FC Midtjylland 4-1 Slavia Prague

Both Olayinka and Onyeka on the score sheet.

Olayinka struck first in the third minute.

Onyeka made it 3-1 later on in the second half.

Onyeka was easily the best Midfielder on the pitch for both sides. Yep, he was that good.
somebody just inspired his club to UCL group stage but but rohr is biased and sentimental grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
Kog45:
...see sometimes a player we don't rate do come good with time.

Adarabioyo proved Komekn wrong with his recent performance especially last season.

Agreed without reservation.

At that TIME, l said he was not good enough for the SE and unproven. He has improved immensely in the last season.

The same thing I said about Fikayo, but he also improved.

And in both cases l was the first to recognise that improvement.

I could tell you more, for instance l knew when Calvert-Lewin was brought into Everton via David Unsworth former coach after an anonymous time at Sheffield United and several low level loans on non league.

It's a long story.

But look at Calvert-Lewin Now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
I digress
The form this Dominic Calvert Lewis is this season seems unparalleled and remarkable. We could easily liken him to the class of osimhen and Haaland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
I know somebody was waiting for the match to finish to talk nonsense but what do u have to say now? Onyeka good one ooo grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
chrisooblog:
somebody just inspired his club to UCL group stage but but rohr is biased and sentimental grin

I watched the match l found Olayinka to be quite good but did not see any sparks with Onyeka.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
An offer is already on ground for the lad. A very possible move to a top league. We know FCM will not go beyond the group stages but those six matches he would play if he stays would advertise him so much more to the world.

Anyway, time will tell if he stays or he leaves bcoz what I learnt is that they wanted to wait till after the UCL Qualifying rounds are over. And now he has led them to the group stages. Little Dilemma don come. Lol

ChrisKels:

I hope he moves after this qualifications. I don't like that FCM club, plus nothing from FC Ebedei through FCM has ever been as good as hyped for the Super Eagles, from Izunna, to Igbonu, to Ajilore, to Onuachu

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
This man. You keep dropping rare flashes of your presence. grin

And yes, as things stand, Olayinka and Slavia Prague could be making another appearance in the UCL group stages bcoz FCM now needs two goals to qualify. First leg ended 0-0 in Prague.

But Frank Onyeka says no.

He did prefer Sunday Oche Odey and himself to feature in the group stages of Champions league.

Peter Olayinka can still make waves in the Uefa Uropa group games.

Frank Onyeka was on the scorers sheet today for his team Midtjylland Fc. He score the third goal to send his Nigeri counterpart Peter Olayinka's Slavia Prague to Uefa Uropa league group stage.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15pm On Sep 30, 2020
sheyishemba:

There is a form of evolution that have taken place in the SE now your experience is jara talent nah koko if we're going by experience the likes of nosa igbieor will be in the team ....ama huge fan of ekong he needs to step up his game by the time we will be going to qatar it is very sure all the three German defenders will have completely switch to us we will need 4 CBs to go to the tournament ( I made these assertions based on AFCON and Russia 18) ekong needs to outclass the likes of tosin and iorfa who are plying in the same league he is playing and we don't even know what the future holds player like nnamdi( I no sabi spell the name grin) might turn out good in borrusia Dortmund give me a reason why rohr will sacrifice an hoffenhim, Augsburg, Hertha Berlin and Dortmund starter for a Watford player. wink

Very simple decision.

Ekong is proven and established, because three players who are not outstanding in the Bundesliga come to the SE does not automatically mean they are better and or can displace Ekong.

I gave the example of Mitrovic championship striker for Fulham. He was still better than the larger majority of strikers in the EPL.

Playing in a better league does not automatically equate to higher quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
So this is the venue of the super eagles games against Algeria and Tunisia, this is really appalling.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

I watched the match l found Olayinka to be quite good but did not see any sparks with Onyeka.

Hahahahahahaha... Behold the Clown Elite drops another one. grin

The Manager of Kom-Minion FC strikes again! cheesy

Come ooo, this mister, do you even know a good thing when it's staring you right in the face??

You that said Osimhen will struggle to make it into the academy/reserve sides of Championship clubs will now suddenly be able to see "Sparks" in another fine prospect who was easily the best midfielder on the pitch for both sides today?? I would be shocked if you saw the sparks. What a joker.

This is Komekn below still searching for "Sparks" grin Rubbish!! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
Karlovich:
So this is the venue of the super eagles games against Algeria and Tunisia, this is really appalling.

More like a training pitch..d match might b boring undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
This is the "Sparkless" grin Frank Onyeka against Slavia Prague today.

Just see how Sparkless he was. Player with the second highest ratings today and I saw the game whole. Na wa for some people. Some just make it their lifework to constantly spill arrant nonsense. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
Lol... This man. You have appeared yet again only to disappear again. Well done my good man. wink

And yes, Olayinka too was good today. Even thought he and Slavia would make it through coz they are indeed a strong side but Onyeka and FCM just stepped things up. Impressed with both lads. Olayinka was the best player for his side. Onyeka was the second best player of the game and best MF on the pitch. Good game.

terzurum5:

But Frank Onyeka says no.

He did prefer Sunday Oche Odey and himself to feature in the group stages of Champions league.

Peter Olayinka can still make waves in the Uefa Uropa group games.

Frank Onyeka was on the scorers sheet today for his team Midtjylland Fc. He score the third goal to send his Nigeri counterpart Peter Olayinka's Slavia Prague to Uefa Uropa league group stage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
elyte89:

More like a training pitch..d match might b boring undecided
The senior national team shouldn't be playing in such a venue, even a second division club stadium in austria would have been better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
Peter Olayinka scored a goal today. The only goal for Slavia Prague as they fell 1-4 to Onyeka and co.

Olayinka would feature in the Europa league now. Very decent game he had.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
And the "somebody" didn't disappoint. He still dropped nonsense albeit not in the volume he wanted to. grin

BascoVanVeli:
I know somebody was waiting for the match to finish to talk nonsense but what do u have to say now? Onyeka good one ooo grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
M7even:
I digress
The form this Dominic Calvert Lewis is this season seems unparalleled and remarkable. We could easily liken him to the class of osimhen and Haaland

He scored 13 goals in the EPL last season and he has scored how many this season in the EPL? ❓ 5 goals in 3 games.

In a far more competitive league than both players. So your comparison measurement fails.

Because Calvert-Lewin is better than both of them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
Congrats to Onyeka on inspiring his club to the UCL.

I believe that him and Sanusi (if I'm not mistaken) are currently the only Super Eagles players to be featuring in the Champions League this season.

Rohr has an Eagle's eye for talent!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 10:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

He scored 13 goals in the EPL last season and he has scored how many this season in the EPL? ❓ 5 goals in 3 games.

In a far more competitive league than both players. So your comparison measurement fails.

Which one is a more competitive league gan sef again and again..if 'aparo kan o ba ga ju ikeji lo' (if all partridges are of equal height) in the premier league...wetin concern person.
There are far more competitive leagues all over the world than the premiership, does that make them better than the EPL. The clubs that have not won anything in the past 7 years in the Seria A, Bundesliga can compete adequately and even best some of the top six teams in EPL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

yet English teams disgrace themselves in Europe, which measurement will you use to describe that, stop being ridiculous

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick9(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
M7even:
I digress
Haaland is levels above Osimhem...
Put some respect

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

Lmaoooooo.... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
komekn:

You have started talking in circles again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9614) (9615) (9616) (9617) (9618) (9619) (9620) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kendrick9(m), typicalgamer(m), mostob(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.