Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,250 members, 7,846,166 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11837963 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9650) (9651) (9652) (9653) (9654) (9655) (9656) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
forgiveness:

Did you watch the match?

Must I?

I've seen enough to conclude that he isn't up to scratch. He may have few positive patches here and there, but, he's still below average.

Ebuehi, Ehizube are all better than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
Danielnino00:
Napoli will also be deducted 1 point in addition to being awarded a 3-0 defeat..
Wow!

It's a nonsense decision to have them sit out the match.

With just 2 positive cases come on!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
elunico:

It's a nonsense decision to have them sit out the match.

With just 2 positive cases come on!!

What I really don't understand is why the Italian FA aren't on the same line with their health officers to come up with alternative solutions for things like this..
Are they going to sit and watch Napoli suffer for something that's not their fault??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
So Genoa vs Torino game was postponed but Juventus will be awarded 3 points...

Interesting...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
Danielnino00:

What I really don't understand is why the Italian FA aren't on the same line with their health officers to come up with alternative solutions for things like this..
Are they going to sit and watch Napoli suffer for something that's not their fault??

It's simple.

The Italian FA can't see why the health officials from Naples should stop their team from honoring the match after just two positive cases.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
Danielnino00:
So Genoa vs Torino game was postponed but Juventus will be awarded 3 points...

Interesting...

Their case is valid na. 14 positives fa!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
elunico:

It's simple.

The Italian FA can't see why the health officials from Naples should stop their team from honoring the match after just two positive cases.

The Italian FA should also put into consideration the fact that Napoli are bound by law to obey the government..
The Italian FA itself is bound by law to obey the government..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:06am On Oct 05, 2020
elunico:

Must I?

I've seen enough to conclude that he isn't up to scratch. He may have few positive patches here and there, but, he's still below average.

Ebuehi, Ehizube are all better than him.
I thought you watched the match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:38am On Oct 05, 2020
Olulong:
Saka's word to Nigeria
Best of luck to him. They definitely will do great stuff. Nigeria will too. That's the aspect he misses it all. It is way beyond tryna be a supporter of our games. Whatever way, its his decision. I like how he went about it. That earns him respect. But as usual, its way too obvious some intel aint passed across enough or gotten.

They know little about the SE. The Connection should be more than mere heritage. Sadly, that's where it presses full stop for most of them.

Loved his goal today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 1:02am On Oct 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

So what is Chris yammering about? grin

The season is still fresh..
Nothing is certain..

Maybe when we jam Everton on the 17th,the noise about them will reduce grin

It's looking like Chelsea and Man Utd will be unfortunate again this season already,so it might just be Liverpool and city fighting for the title with Leicester, Everton and maybe Leeds causing upsets grin
Lol how market grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:10am On Oct 05, 2020
elunico:

It's simple.

It's even simpler. The Italian health authority banned Napoli from traveling. It would have been illegal for them to play that match. Make dem no go arrest my Osimhen for me grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 1:23am On Oct 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I wish say na chelsea loose 6-1 today e for sweet me but I am still happy manure lost abi how you see am my guy
Bad belle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:23am On Oct 05, 2020
forgiveness:

I was not pleased Azeez was dropped from the team.

However, since he was the best player in his team last season and played well after seeing, I need to do the needful.
You have spoken well today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:24am On Oct 05, 2020
Danielnino00:
We move! tongue
Move ke, with the heavy basket?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:07am On Oct 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

The Italian FA should also put into consideration the fact that Napoli are bound by law to obey the government..
The Italian FA itself is bound by law to obey the government..
The FA is free from government interference to a large extent. If napoli does not play, and they are exonerated, many clubs will come up with similar excuses to miss matches. The law states that once there are available 13 first team players, a match must hold. Napoli lost this one. Felt sorry for them. Wasn't Juventus fault in any way, they did not fix the match neither can they cancel it, so they will not become Santa Claus to drop points because of another team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:13am On Oct 05, 2020
daveP:
Best of luck to him. They definitely will do great stuff. Nigeria will too. That's the aspect he misses it all. It is way beyond tryna be a supporter of our games. Whatever way, its his decision. I like how he went about it. That earns him respect. But as usual, its way too obvious some intel aint passed across enough or gotten.

They know little about the SE. The Connection should be more than mere heritage. Sadly, that's where it presses full stop for most of them.

Loved his goal today.
From what I see, the dude really likes Nigeria, unlike some of our fake citizens there. But see, no matter what Intel is passed or not passed, an England call up is irresistible. If he really rejected it at first, then a standing ovation for him. Players literally throw parties to celebrate a national call-up for a team as England.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:34am On Oct 05, 2020
Yesssooo! Chriiiiisssssyyyyy!!!
ChrisKels:
My day has been made. Fabyom come in here, let's have some fun smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 8:06am On Oct 05, 2020
It's just plain stupid for Napoli to sit the match because of 2 covid-19 cases. I don't pity them!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2020
DrKlever:
It's just plain stupid for Napoli to sit the match because of 2 covid-19 cases. I don't pity them!

Go and do your research before spewing nonsense. They were prevented from taking off by the government.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2020
temi1290:
Where is thelonecitizen, Everton current form just made me remember him.

Thank you, man, still here. Relishing the current form.

It's no catwalk having the best striker and midfielder in Liverpool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:27am On Oct 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

The summary of it all is that you don't know jackshit about Liverpool like you claimed to,and you are a bloody lair!

A lot of people have already called you out for that,but of course,you have no shame so you can't admit your mistake..

No be today e start..
Another episode will repeat itself and as usual,u will deny it...

You have your pre- conceived negative notions.

Irrespective of the very simplistic explanations, you are talking about Grujic I am talking about Marko. You still remain in your unwavering negative fixation with a notion that comes from your own deep seated prejudice.

And you cannot get beyond that you and quite a few other.

You ABSOLUTELY can think what you like , I am not in the least perturbed.

What my relationship with Liverpool fc is you will NEVER KNOW or the other clubs in England for that matter.

Why it's ludicrous to recognition on a faceless forum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:
Tammy stupid boi, you wanna take pk while jorginho is in the field grin

Good leadership from azpilicueta

Ebere eze is not that bad as crystal palace is having a bad day also

But say na this ebere eze una talk say better pass iwobi?

We really need to catch some monikers here and tie them with rope and wipe them about 50 strokes of koboko

Ebere Eze is playing without confidence and he is still gassed about playing in the EPL. In addition he does not have the same freedom when he was at QPR.

Reminds me of when Raheem first started for Liverpool he was so intimidated by the presence of Suarez and Sturridge. Never going for goal always looking to pass the ball, scared of making a mistake.

In that match Eze got fouled more than any other player.

Give him a few weeks of confidence building and he will come good. He just needs one game where he is allowed to express himself freely with confidence and score.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

Ebere Eze is playing without confidence and he is still gassed about playing in the EPL. In addition he does not have the same freedom when he was at QPR.

Reminds me of when Raheem first started for Liverpool he was so intimidated by the presence of Suarez and Sturridge. Never going for goal always looking to pass the ball, scared of making a mistake.

In that match Eze got fouled more than any other player.

Give him a few weeks of confidence building and he will come good. He just needs one game where he is allowed to express himself freely with confidence and score.

Ebere eze hasn’t done badly to me

I believe he will come good just as you said up there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:40am On Oct 05, 2020
sheyishemba:

Baba no dey talk shit eze has a very good performance after zaha he was the best for his side he really frustrated harvetz and azpicuileta

It was obvious Eze had a lot more defensive duties as opposed to an attacking role.

He got more fouls than any other player in that match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2020
Olulong:
Fraud

He is still the best CB in the epl

I know you are kidding thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:
You guys should watch iwobi ooo as he has already replaced injured richarlison

This is problematic for Iwobi

IMO there is no space for him in Everton midfield they are simply much better and effective players their.

Iwobi is playing the best football of his career, this is the fittest he has EVER BEEN. It's an absolute plus ➕ for the SE.

However, the achilles heal of Iwobi, he just does not score enough goals ot shoot with authority. As a consequence as soon as Richarlison is fit, he will be back on the bench.

Nonetheless, the other contendors are leaving it seems Walcott and that gives him more time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:57am On Oct 05, 2020
barackodam:
Breaking news: Osimhen as been replaced by Paul Onuachu, he won't participate in the super Eagles game against Algeria and Tunisia.

Hopefully our wingers can learn to cross the ball, what's the point of having a man mountain of a player and you do not put crosses in the box.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

IMO there is no space for him in Everton midfield they are simply much better and effective players their.

Iwobi is playing the best football of his career, this is the fittest he has EVER BEEN. It's an absolute plus ➕ for the SE.

However, the achilles heal of Iwobi, he just does not score enough goals ot shoot with authority. As a consequence as soon as Richarlison is fit, he will be back on the bench.

Nonetheless, the other contendors are leaving it seems Walcott and that gives him more time

Not bad he is playing from the flanks or what do you think ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

Trust me he knows all this and he is taking strides to improve as a scorer. When he said he wanted to give Ancelotti selection migraines this season I believed him die.

Now mark this down, Iwobi will score 10 goals or more in all competitions this season cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He can do more and will do more
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He is doing good candidate playing the best football of his career his work rate is now FAR BETTER.

However, look at Richarlison the Brazilian, he far far better. When he plays you know a goal is soon coming and he has pace and killer instinct.

To be honest he is just simply BETTER than Iwobi the truth must be said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9650) (9651) (9652) (9653) (9654) (9655) (9656) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Danielnino00(m), Akerekoroabijawara(m), skallion7(m), Jefersoun, EEGA and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.