Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,480 members, 7,843,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11825643 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9651) (9652) (9653) (9654) (9655) (9656) (9657) ... (16230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:13am On Oct 05, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Trust me he knows all this and he is taking strides to improve as a scorer. When he said he wanted to give Ancelotti selection migraines this season I believed him die.

Now mark this down, Iwobi will score 10 goals or more in all competitions this season cool

Everything you say l agree with.

However, no matter what he does he will not become better than Richarlison.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:13am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

Ebere Eze is playing without confidence and he is still gassed about playing in the EPL. In addition he does not have the same freedom when he was at QPR.

Reminds me of when Raheem first started for Liverpool he was so intimidated by the presence of Suarez and Sturridge. Never going for goal always looking to pass the ball, scared of making a mistake.

In that match Eze got fouled more than any other player.

Give him a few weeks of confidence building and he will come good. He just needs one game where he is allowed to express himself freely with confidence and score.

I didn't see him as lacking confidence just maybe that the championship is not as physical as u say. I swear somebody messed and the kid went down grin I mean, there were some tackles that I felt he should have broken free from and kept going.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

He is doing good candidate playing the best football of his career his work rate is now FAR BETTER.

However, look at Richarlison the Brazilian, he far far better. When he plays you know a goal is soon coming and he has pace and killer instinct.

To be honest he is just simply BETTER than Iwobi the truth must be said.

Richarlison is better than iwobi nah ,Dat one wetin everybody know

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

He can do more and will do more

Yeah he will
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:23am On Oct 05, 2020
daveP:
Best of luck to him. They definitely will do great stuff. Nigeria will too. That's the aspect he misses it all. It is way beyond tryna be a supporter of our games. Whatever way, its his decision. I like how he went about it. That earns him respect. But as usual, its way too obvious some intel aint passed across enough or gotten.

They know little about the SE. The Connection should be more than mere heritage. Sadly, that's where it presses full stop for most of them.

Loved his goal today.

There are others considerations.

The minute you as a young player with great potential and promise get an England call the marketing and sports endorsements start to come in.

When Rashford got his England call up his marketing value sky rocketed first endorsements with NIKE was about £2million pounds it's now about £10million annually.

These are MAJOR CONSIDERATIONS, now compare the marketing endorsements from the African continent and Nigeria. Think about that.

I have often said this that if Nigerian born and bred players had an opportunity to play for England would they say NO. I cannot oh, l love Nigeria my country, l can not lie, na for inside naija l go dye, l don't need those Millions of £££ or your passport.

KC is classed as an English homegrown player from Manchester city ( FIFA rules) l wonder if he had the opportunity to change allegiance and play for England.

Do you think he will say NO, honestly speaking❓ ❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:27am On Oct 05, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

I didn't see him as lacking confidence just maybe that the championship is not as physical as u say. I swear somebody messed and the kid went down grin I mean, there were some tackles that I felt he should have broken free from and kept going.

The Championship is more physical than the EPL and the referring in the EPL is much better.

And intelligent players now play for the fowl it is now sadly a part of the game. He would probably not get those fouls in the Championship so he will not play for them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 9:28am On Oct 05, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Thank you, man, still here. Relishing the current form.

It's no catwalk having the best striker and midfielder in Liverpool.

Lol,Just looking forward to the merseyside derby, this one wey Liverpool swallow 7 yesterday,that match go take style sweet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:36am On Oct 05, 2020
Thi weekend games confirmed the EPL beyond all doubt as the most competitive league in the World.

Imagine Liverpool getting flogged by Villa and Manchester United getting violated by Tottenham and Leicester getting ripped by West Ham.

Fulham got beat by Wolves, but the perfomance was much more promising.

Ademola looked like a lion released from the cage, on the few minutes he played he was on Fire.

Fulham need another quality striker and forward player.

The team plays very good quality on the deck football but they have no killer edge, pretty football will not save you they need goals.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:42am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

You have your pre- conceived negative notions.

Irrespective of the very simplistic explanations, you are talking about Grujic I am talking about Marko. You still remain in your unwavering negative fixation with a notion that comes from your own deep seated prejudice.

And you cannot get beyond that you and quite a few other.

You ABSOLUTELY can think what you like , I am not in the least perturbed.

What my relationship with Liverpool fc is you will NEVER KNOW or the other clubs in England for that matter.

Why it's ludicrous to recognition on a faceless forum.

Pele o... John Henry's personal friend undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2020
Etebo is out of the friendlies. He suffered a knock in yesterday’s match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2020
Bolowolowo:

Go and do your research before spewing nonsense. They were prevented from taking off by the government.
i thiught i read something time ago even before the match that they never had intention of going after the covid-19 tests?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Etebo is out of the friendlies. He suffered a knock in yesterday’s match.
who is now available to play the Algerians. Osimhen, Ndidi and now Etebo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

Who cares? That was never the question. His job is to do the best he can for his team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2020
Top 3 Midfielders out. Rohrs needs Azeez straight up on board. We'll need him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:47am On Oct 05, 2020
DrKlever:
who is now available to play the Algerians. Osimhen, Ndidi and now Etebo.

I dey fear for our midfield ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:51am On Oct 05, 2020
JohnBullMySon:
From what I see, the dude really likes Nigeria, unlike some of our fake citizens there. But see, no matter what Intel is passed or not passed, an England call up is irresistible. If he really rejected it at first, then a standing ovation for him. Players literally throw parties to celebrate a national call-up for a team as England.
You may be right, but still does not mean they have the necessary intel on the SE, enough to weigh and decide if we are going to do great things in coming years. He's a fan of our games, but its obvious that's where his knowledge stops.

Overall, he went for the more marketable team in his opinion. But to reason na only England go do great things.. Lol

Well as Pinnick said.. Pedestal done finish, na ground remain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:51am On Oct 05, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

lol midfield might just crash that day. We would need Ramon Azeez or any hard tackler. I really haven't seen Onyeka play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:
Thi weekend games confirmed the EPL beyond all doubt as the most competitive league in the World.

Imagine Liverpool getting flogged by Villa and Manchester United getting violated by Tottenham and Leicester getting ripped by West Ham.

Ademola looked like a lion released from the cage, on the few minutes he played he was on Fire.

The team plays very good quality on the deck football but they have no killer edge, pretty football will not save you they need goals.

Tottenham beating man united at old trafford is not surprising but the 6-1 is surprising

Why mentioning fulham when they didnt even steal a point ? but you acted blind when huesca steal point from valencia and ATM in laliga ?

What did you said about newly promoted cadiv beating bilbao at home as its just like fulham beating everton at home grin

You acted blind also when bayern was trashed by hoffeinhem? what about ac millan be trashed by 5 goals by atlanta

You no see this one to call others league competitive but na only epl own you see oooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Shebi na friendly ?

Dont be surprised the team will do well without these players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

The minute you as a young player with great potential and promise get an England call the marketing and sports endorsements start to come in.

When Rashford got his England call up his marketing value sky rocketed first endorsements with NIKE was about £2million pounds it's now about £10million annually.

These are MAJOR CONSIDERATIONS, now compare the marketing endorsements from the African continent and Nigeria. Think about that.

I have often said this that if Nigerian born and bred players had an opportunity to play for England would they say NO. I cannot oh, l love Nigeria my country, l can not lie, na for inside naija l go dye, l don't need those Millions of £££ or your passport.

KC is classed as an English homegrown player from Manchester city ( FIFA rules) l wonder if he had the opportunity to change allegiance and play for England.

Even if he acquired British passport he was ineligible to play for England as a home grown player, because he moved there as a teenager. UK has new rules regarding that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:01am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

I think you don start agaim. When u enter one corner now u gon begin dey yapa say na Richard Allison u dey talk of.
No dey play God for people football career u no go hear.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

Nice one on bringing the aspect of the more marketable team to the fore. It can be a decider for some. But we both know that is not what decides choices for National team. Glory, fame, being a star, getting numbers and caps, that supersedes your point. We both know that. Tomori and Abraham have the market but if they don't kick ball again, the regrets will flourish. That's the truth.

Not that the SE is easy to waltz in to as opined by some, but its easier to get all what a player wants with the SE than with a team that is so loaded and star studded like England right now.

As for if Naija borns will wana grab opportunity, let's be more realistic. Performance isnt really top guage for the English team. No one has a starters shirt fully assured except in the attack option right now. So once again, its about getting consistent caps and winning laurels. Well i know you know that already. So I'll leave that.

KC change Allegiance? When he's worshipped like a god in Naija? See the welcome given Iwobi which till date, he affirms amazes and shook him to the core. The love the SE gives their players is way way bigger than the love the English will ever give their top stars. That's a big fact out there. That is also a difference.

In conclusion, Its not just about the money, its also about the Glory.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2020
Danielnino00:

The Italian FA should also put into consideration the fact that Napoli are bound by law to obey the government..
The Italian FA itself is bound by law to obey the government..

The FA don't care what the govt says, they've got a brain of theirs. It's nonsensical, refusing to play a match after just 2 positive cases.

The FA to an extent has autonomy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2020
elunico:

The FA don't care what the govt says, they've got a brain of theirs. It's nonsensical, refusing to play a match after just 2 positive cases.

The FA to an extent has autonomy.

But still, Napoli couldn't disobey the government order...
The FA might have a brain of their own,but they are still under the control of the government.
If the government orders that they shut down the league,they will!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

You didn't disappoint .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 10:32am On Oct 05, 2020
comodo:

I think you don start agaim. When u enter one corner now u gon begin dey yapa say na Richard Allison u dey talk of.

Richard Allison

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:40am On Oct 05, 2020
elunico:

Must I?

I've seen enough to conclude that he isn't up to scratch. He may have few positive patches here and there, but, he's still below average.

Ebuehi, Ehizube are all better than him.

Your personal opinion. Aina was our best defender at 2019 AFCON. Now, that matters.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:44am On Oct 05, 2020
Kog45:
I thought you watched the match

No mind him sir. He definitely didn't know how he performed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:00am On Oct 05, 2020
please where is your evidence?

forgiveness:

Your personal opinion. Aina was our best defender at 2019 AFCON. Now, that matters.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2020
comodo:

Guy no kill me abeg grin grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:13am On Oct 05, 2020
Ebere has shown glimpses of what he's capable of but he needs to settle in fast.

andrewbaba44:

Ebere eze hasn’t done badly to me

I believe he will come good just as you said up there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 05, 2020
komekn:

It was obvious Eze had a lot more defensive duties as opposed to an attacking role.

He got more fouls than any other player in that match.

Agreed with no reservations
Moreover his overall performance was good

(1) (2) (3) ... (9651) (9652) (9653) (9654) (9655) (9656) (9657) ... (16230) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.