Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11873048 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9689) (9690) (9691) (9692) (9693) (9694) (9695) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2020
Clint02:
Congratulations to him. Is it here in Nigeria?
No at a neutral location against The Undertaker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
O Pari! Lol

But make I no lie... That game just got tougher without five of our top guys. I will especially miss Osimhen's super fire and mega presence as a #9. No striker in camp has the Super diehard presence of Osimhen in that #9 role but still, they are all talented no doubt.

Mahrez and co will seriously want to press home that advantage of us being five key players short. But I hope the new guys give as a good a fight as what is worthy of being a Super Eagle.

Yeah but you know one thing about this our team? There are no key players. Most of the players are almost at par. Even Osimhen has not really been heads ahead of the other strikers in the team.

I trust Rohr to come up with a set up that can Optimise the potentials we have on ground.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
Then we good then. No p.

Information sharing combined with sound analysis should not be loathed but encouraged. It is things like this that got me noticed by these guys that walk so close to Rohr and other folks "in the know" of our football and national team. And they all have their lives too. Top professionals.

So let's move on coz this generation is giving me good vibes and I feel my prophecy and prediction on another Golden Generation for Nigerian football made a few years back from some of the rising gems we see today is on track to being fulfilled.

#NaWeDeyHere

ChrisKels:

No wah ala bro.

Btw, I am a big fan of Owngoal though, they and Otite Dafe dey try

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
Utonwanne:

You created the 'jealousy and envy' stuff before they joined you because they don't read news. I mean the 3 guys that joined your chorus making accusations of jealousy and envy. They only read it here and it's quite understandable.

The other one is your elder brother who is always biased. I noticed that he comes here wherever there's an argument to support you, so petty!

That's been said.

My advise is to tell your sources that their news aren't exclusives and the ones that look like exclusives don't matrialize.

Bros, TBH, Some of TheSupernerd news are exclusives and spot on. Make we dey talk true with fear of God.
The explanation Nerd gave concerning Tobias pulling out and then changing his mind to join the camp is logical and simple unless una get wetin una dey find for The SuperNerd contribution.
BTW, No be only you dey get Owngoalnigeria newsletter o. I doubt you even follow Owngoal as much as I do.
Sources of football news plenty.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
Here is a list of our goalkeepers as Safarigirl and other female fans of the eagles would love it:

1st frame - Maduka Okoye

2nd frame - Tobias Okiki

3rd frame - Sabb Osigwe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:59pm On Oct 06, 2020

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:00am On Oct 07, 2020
ChrisKels:

If I swear for you eh grin

You too like trouble...
One day,Dem go beat you well grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 12:01am On Oct 07, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
No at a neutral location against The Undertaker
Wow,that's a huge one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:03am On Oct 07, 2020
Clint02:
Wow,that's a huge one.
Oga na joke o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:03am On Oct 07, 2020
I agree on the overall especially with respect to the players that we will put out on Friday. But even at that, Iwobi remains key to our Attacking plays. Chukwueze and his wing partner (be it Simon, Kalu or Ejuke) will also prove key for us in that game.

Osimhen... Hmmm.. Dad. I know what I am saying about that lad. Osimhen is the War!! He is the fight! He is the Indaboski of our Attack. Believe me, his warlike presence uptop is the only thing I will miss b'cos I know we can replace his goals. Iheanacho, Dessers and Onuachu are goals men themselves. Our wingers are not left out too in goals duties.

I think a newbie may take most of the shine or share most of the attention alongside a regular. I am expecting a warrior's performance from Frank Onyeka (if he starts) and a bold debut from Zaidu (if he starts or plays).

We will definitely fight Algeria to a standstill even without our five top guys. That is why I am eager to see our depth in action on Friday. It is another opportunity to test just how good our depth has become so far.

Icon4s:

Yeah but you know one thing about this our team? There are no key players. Most of the players are almost at par. Even Osimhen has not really been heads ahead of the other strikers in the team.

I trust Rohr to come up with a set up that can Optimise the potentials we have on ground.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:09am On Oct 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Then we good then. No p.

Information sharing combined with sound analysis should not be loathed but encouraged. It is things like this that got me noticed by these guys that walk so close to Rohr and other folks "in the know" of our football and national team. And they all have their lives too. Top professionals.

So let's move on coz this generation is giving me good vibes and I feel my prophecy and prediction on another Golden Generation for Nigerian football made a few years back from some of the rising gems we see today is on track to being fulfilled.

#NaWeDeyHere

Like someone rightly advised you the other day, monetize it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 12:09am On Oct 07, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
Oga na joke o
Well I want more Nigerians in the wrestling world,so I go quick believe that kind stuff...since it's what I want to expect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:20am On Oct 07, 2020
Money is already being made in my actual line of work/profession and then from a few more, my good man. wink
But yes, we can never have enough of money can we? The monetisation thing had already been suggested by Elyte89 longer before now if anyone can recall and then just recently by Realpoacher. Believe me, it is already being worked on. Just not going the desperate path. I'm taking it cool.

Indeed many talents/simple ideas can turn into money making ventures. It is well. wink

ChrisKels:

Like someone rightly advised you the other day, monetize it

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:32am On Oct 07, 2020
Super Eagles in Camp

Final drop before signing off for now...

Nacho-Musa-Okoye cool

Iheanacho looks "somehow" in this. grin

Maduka looks good in every damn GWG outfit he dorns. Lol

As for Musa. Well... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:37am On Oct 07, 2020
I believe subsequent training sessions on Wednesday (2 on wed) and then thursday morning will begin giving us ideas of how we would likely set up against the Desert foxes of Algeria.
But so far, I am loving the Spirit in camp. Especially the way Omeruo has been on Awaziem's case all day. grin Jovial lads. Joy all around. Good for team motivation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 12:37am On Oct 07, 2020
forgiveness:

Eze's body language was enough to prove he initially wanted to play for Nigeria.

body language??

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 12:50am On Oct 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

That our AFCON game against South Africa was a typical Ahmed Musa performance... He totally destroyed the South African right back (Mhikize or whatever grin) with his pace and dribbles..but whenever he got into South Africa's box,he got confused...

He will be around the team for much longer,I'm certain of that....
Just 12 more games to become our all time appearance leader..

Musa was badly coached when he was a teenager. I suspect most (not all) Nigerian coaches lack adequate knowledge of football and it shows in the talented but raw players they produce

It is not only nigerian footballers that have to go abroad but NIGERIAN COACHES HAVE TO GO TO EUROPE OR GET EXPOSED TO HAVE THEIR KNOWLEDGE UPDATED.
i even think exposing Nigerian coaches will be better. One good coach can priduce 30 good players. Its something that has to be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:56am On Oct 07, 2020
jihday:
With Ndidi and Aribo set to miss next month Afcon qualifier, do you think Onyeka and Tijani can successfully replace them?

I don't think Tijani is ready.

I will personally start Onyeka and Agu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:08am On Oct 07, 2020
Tobias -20
Maduka-20
Yakubu-21
Alampasu-23

All young relatively inexperienced goalies.

Do we thrust them into the deep end or use the likes of Akpeyi till they mature?

Uzoho is just returning and may need time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 3:16am On Oct 07, 2020
tbaba1234:
Tobias -20
Maduka-20
Yakubu-21
Alampasu-23

All young relatively inexperienced goalies.

Do we thrust them into the deep end or use the likes of Akpeyi till they mature?

Uzoho is just returning and may need time.

I think we trust them.

Francis should be back just in time for the qualifiers. And with Maduka already coming in against Brazil, he knows the country has got his back. That's enough confidence for him.

I have no problems with Akpeyi in particular, but like they say, "na one time pesin dey die". It's not until they're 25 before we start testing them. We can also be the source of exposure for them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 4:09am On Oct 07, 2020
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGAxOVQK6sE/?igshid=r09j4ic77axs

For those who couldn't watch

By the way, only Dele did his initiation song in a local language, even though he no use pass 45 seconds or something. He called it a freestyle. Dele was shy, and wouldn't want to climb the stage, until Ekong initiated a "Pasu!" chant, then he reluctantly climbed up

Ejuke song a Nigerian song. I don't know the song, but it was certainly a Nigerian one.

One of them song Aye, by Davido. I think those were the only 3 who sang Nigerian song.

Dessers was the first of them who wasn't booed(play play booeing o). He didn't even take his phone, and he sung a song which was a classic. Most of the guys sung it along him.

Ekong(or was it Omeruo?), his pidgin was shockingly good. I wouldn't be surprised if it were Omeruo, but the voice came from where they were sitted. Ekong, Balogun and Omeruo.....it sure as hell isn't Balogun grin

All in all, I enjoyed the video. Musa was mischievous, so fun a man.

Ekong(i'm sure this time) was shouting "Yi hakuri" at one of the new guys, who I'm guessing is Hausa, cos Musa was trolling him too. Musa was actually heavily laughing at him and I think he was bantering him in Hausa.

E dey surprise me sey he was a FB. Man has gotten Nigerianised so much. No wonder he's a captain. If you watch the video, you'd see why I say, Ekong is going nowhere anytime soon.

Omeruo was the cameraman, and while Musa was just catching his own fun, Ekong was more like the organizer, kept asking, "time still dey for more?"

Now I see why when he was accused of being a bad influence by one of the NFFs, his teammates stood for him.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 4:13am On Oct 07, 2020
Na epistle Maduka go carve for him belle in that first pic grin
Ps 23:4
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:50am On Oct 07, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Musa was badly coached when he was a teenager. I suspect most (not all) Nigerian coaches lack adequate knowledge of football and it shows in the talented but raw players they produce

It is not only nigerian footballers that have to go abroad but NIGERIAN COACHES HAVE TO GO TO EUROPE OR GET EXPOSED TO HAVE THEIR KNOWLEDGE UPDATED.
i even think exposing Nigerian coaches will be better. One good coach can priduce 30 good players. Its something that has to be taken seriously.
Lennon, Walcott, Townsend all badly coached too? undecided angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:34am On Oct 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

I Dy laugh all those who think Musa will be out of the team soon grin ..

If we qualify for Qatar 2022, he will be there... grin

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:36am On Oct 07, 2020
Utonwanne:

I don't know why I no too like musa grin

His style of play just dae vex me

He is still unpolished in his 30s, his style of play is that of a talented teenage winger
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:41am On Oct 07, 2020
kingphilip:
but can you explain how the double standard made someone to choose under 21 ahead of SE?

Modified: So all the switch of allegiance they've been painstakingly explaining since morning you skipped them all or what?

The guy no dey hear word grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:55am On Oct 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

See you...
Some of us even attended the wedding self grin.
You can ask others...

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:24am On Oct 07, 2020
Clementoke:

Bros, TBH, Some of TheSupernerd news are exclusives and spot on. Make we dey talk true with fear of God.
The explanation Nerd gave concerning Tobias pulling out and then changing his mind to join the camp is logical and simple unless una get wetin una dey find for The SuperNerd contribution.
BTW, No be only you dey get Owngoalnigeria newsletter o. I doubt you even follow Owngoal as much as I do.
Sources of football news plenty.

Bro Nobody is finding nothing. I no get time for your theory. Also, we don close this topic since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 6:54am On Oct 07, 2020
forgiveness:

He came to camp to train.
When we invited him....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 8:49am On Oct 07, 2020
Subzero047:

He is still unpolished in his 30s, his style of play is that of a talented teenage winger

Musa case is very disappointing though. At his age, nigga can't even make a decent cross as a winger, and he's been playing for a decade now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2020
timay:

Musa case is very disappointing though. At his age, nigga can't even make a decent cross as a winger, and he's been playing for a decade now
From my little experience in coaching, I can tell you that SOMETHINGS CAN'T BE TAUGHT.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:57am On Oct 07, 2020
timay:

Na Theo Walvott type

(1) (2) (3) ... (9689) (9690) (9691) (9692) (9693) (9694) (9695) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.