Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11875481 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9693) (9694) (9695) (9696) (9697) (9698) (9699) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2020
not just them the Uzoho, Maduka, Tobias, Ekong, Balogun, Awaziem, Seyi infact almost half the team

MetalJigsaw:
Onuachu and Victor (players)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Uhmmm Chris. In the Instagram live session Aysuga just finished having with Kevin Akpoguma, he (Kevin) denied writing this note/letter below as you shared the other day.

Hmmm... He said he never wrote such.

People go just dey share rumors anyhow nawa oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
More from the Super Eagles camp...

Look at that Oyibo front sitting. Lol

Kalu, Chuks, Onuachu, Collins, Onyeka, Semi Ajayi behind. cool
Wow, Balogun is almost white.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
barackodam:

I no sabi Igbo names naa grin

It's just like someone who doesn't have an idea that would see a Japanese and Yoruba name. Some of them are too alike

Really? And you are a Nigerian?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
As Elyte89 rightly anticipated... "My Sources" confirm it is true. grin

We got a venue upgrade. Hehehehehe...

Gbojom!! Now I have a good reason to see the match, after all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Uhmmm Chris. In the Instagram live session Aysuga just finished having with Kevin Akpoguma, he (Kevin) denied writing this note/letter below as you shared the other day.

Hmmm... He said he never wrote such.

Haba nawa for una ooo. That's an old clickbait tactic grin I remember reading the exact same style letter from one young lad like that on another website. This is why I backed Victor's thunder that will fire them cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
do4luv14:

Yes he is either Isoko/Urhobo, am not sure of Itsekiri.

And Ufuoma is An Isoko name for a guy, personally Knows someone who bears it

He says he's Urhobo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2020
ChrisKels:

Really? And you are a Nigerian?

I know Igbo names. I don't know the meanings to be certain whether or not they're Igbo. If I see a Japanese name, I will know because e no go get meaning for Yoruba.

But I don't speak Igbo to know that Akpoguma is not Igbo. It looks Igbo sir, ask any non Igbo, they will tell you so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
komekn:

You have very limited elementary understanding and appreciation of football.

Youth football is at best indicative of potential but far from conclusive. It says this is place where you can anchor further progression upon.

Nigeria probably has the best record at U17 football in the World or very close to it.

Why are we not world Cup winners and have world class players ❓ Because our dominance at youth level should by your rational transfer to the Senior game. But we are VERY FAR OFF.

In 2009 we hosted the World U17 cup we came second our players were outstanding. But where are all of them now ❓ Emma Sanni best player in the tournament, where is he Borja top goal scorer, plays in the mediocrity of the Segunda División with Huesca.

However, Brazil that did not go anywhere in the tournament has three players who are truly either the best in the world or very close to it. Just to mention a few.

Namely. Allison - Liverpool goalkeeper
Coutinho - No introduction required
Neymar - ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Now maybe your mind will not just explode but also implode as you consider the folly of your irrational misguided inferences.

I could add look at Solanke outstanding at U21 level golden boot winner. U21 is more realistic of quality and potential than U17. But he could not transfer that dominance to the Senior game.

After £20 million pound transfer he is more or less a complete flop.

Osimhen has gone to Napoli for a world class fee a fee that is higher than the fee for Lukaku a truly a WORLD CLASS PLAYER arguably one of the best strikers in the World.

Thats a huge responsibility to live up too for a player who has not completed two seasons of first team football before his transfer and predominantly in lower leagues. There should be cautious optimism not euphoric hype and over expectations he is far from world class.

No need for long talk. Youth competition do not predict any single thing. It tells you who are the best in that particular age group. It deals in the now and not the future.

The hard work, discipline, drive and dedication that is needed to make it big in football does not come in play during youth football. There is no way to tell who really wants to be great or who just wants to make it out of poverty. Then u never can tell what obstacle a player might face. Like Victor almost having to pick between his family's well being and his career while at Wolfsburg. If he decided to wait out his contract people would call him a failure where as he is getting his family out of poverty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Thats solve it then

barackodam:

He says he's Urhobo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hahaha if Chris nah Girl/woman,
hin boyfriend/husband go hear am from that im mouth

barackodam:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
forgiveness:

Maybe you know better than transfermkt.
Thank you for that reply. Maybe he doesn't know there's a difference between AMs and SS.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
charlesemeka85:
he is 32 soon to be 33 so his stay in the team is coming to an end soon
Is that all? How is 32 too old for an in form defender?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2020
Subzero047:

Because he is 33? How old is Thiago Silva
What about that Juventus defender?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
Curtisaxel7:
What if Rohr starts Iheanacho tomorrow?. Hmm....God forbid bad thing angry
I thought you were an atheist. Secondly wetin Iheanacho owe you? You derive so much joy pulling him down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

I Dy laugh all those who think Musa will be out of the team soon grin ..

If we qualify for Qatar 2022, he will be there... grin
No doubt about that na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
Utonwanne:

I don't know why I no too like musa grin

His style of play just dae vex me
So many people don't.

High pace and work rate but very low intelligence.

Just like the Incredible Hulk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
komekn:

You have very limited elementary understanding and appreciation of football.

Youth football is at best indicative of potential but far from conclusive. It says this is place where you can anchor further progression upon.

Nigeria probably has the best record at U17 football in the World or very close to it.

Why are we not world Cup winners and have world class players ❓ Because our dominance at youth level should by your rational transfer to the Senior game. But we are VERY FAR OFF.

In 2009 we hosted the World U17 cup we came second our players were outstanding. But where are all of them now ❓ Emma Sanni best player in the tournament, where is he Borja top goal scorer, plays in the mediocrity of the Segunda División with Huesca.

However, Brazil that did not go anywhere in the tournament has three players who are truly either the best in the world or very close to it. Just to mention a few.

Namely. Allison - Liverpool goalkeeper
Coutinho - No introduction required
Neymar - ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Now maybe your mind will not just explode but also implode as you consider the folly of your irrational misguided inferences.

I could add look at Solanke outstanding at U21 level golden boot winner. U21 is more realistic of quality and potential than U17. But he could not transfer that dominance to the Senior game.

After £20 million pound transfer he is more or less a complete flop.

Osimhen has gone to Napoli for a world class fee a fee that is higher than the fee for Lukaku a truly a WORLD CLASS PLAYER arguably one of the best strikers in the World.

Thats a huge responsibility to live up too for a player who has not completed two seasons of first team football before his transfer and predominantly in lower leagues. There should be cautious optimism not euphoric hype and over expectations he is far from world class.

Classic deflection masked in unsolicited examples of successful youth players who have failed to make it at senior level, as if this phenomenon is only exclusive to football

Let's return to the statement I addressed:

What you said: "he will not even make it into any top academy in the EPL. He was technically naive and simply not good enough AT THAT TIME in 2016/17......."

My response: It makes no sense to say a player who performed better than products of an academy would not have been good enough for that academy at that time

What I didnt say : performance at youth level is a clear determinant for career success

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2020
I guess there another mini training should be starting ( it should be )
Yesterday frank was knocked down
Also for musa side chukweze set up two goals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2020
Mickael2:

You have been trusting Rohr since 2017, hasn't worked much has it?
D balls loving doctor, welcome back. Glad to read from you again and thank you for your service in the frontlines. Meanwhile coach Rohr is still very much in control and it doesn't look like he's going away soon. Which player(s) are you looking forward to watch perform in the GWG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
Also ejuke was very good during yesterday training will he continue his form ( let's watch out for him today) he just need touches on his finishing
Zaidu has been living up to expectation he will surely start on Friday I can assure you judging from his form
Also yesterday alampasu,yakubu and my Broda Tobias were all awesome alampasu with his crazy reflexes yakubu( neurer) with his distributions and ability to use his leg lets see if he continues his form
Okoye bleeped up just like I said yesterday let's see if he will redeem himself today
Desser shooting practice in the drill was very fantastic he was paired up with onuachu yesterday he saw couple of chances but he missed them he was set up severally but couldn't hit the mark though his movement off the ball is top notch and trust my iwobi he was setting him up but neurer no gree make hin score let's see if he will hit the mark
And I hope to see onyeka play .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
smartsmith0907:
Also ejuke was very good during yesterday training will he continue his form ( let's watch out for him today) he just need touches on his finishing
Zaidu has been living up to expectation he will surely start on Friday I can assure you judging from his form
Also yesterday alampasu,yakubu and my Broda Tobias were all awesome alampasu with his crazy reflexes yakubu( neurer) with his distributions and ability to use his leg lets see if he continues his form
Okoye bleeped up just like I said yesterday let's see if he will redeem himself today
Desser shooting practice in the drill was very fantastic he was paired up with onuachu yesterday he saw couple of chances but he missed them he was set up severally but couldn't hit the mark though his movement off the ball is top notch and trust my iwobi he was setting him up but neurer no gree make hin score let's see if he will hit the mark

I don't think I've seen Collins in any of the training pics so far...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Samdon Tijani might break into the super Eagles starting 11. He might be our next teenage wonder kid. If anyone here has a memmory clubs have been fighting for him since he was still very young. Remember the time his father signed a contract with differrnt agents and clubs.

Personally I was one of those that criticize rohr for picking him but he has been very fantastic in the camp same with frank we might be having tijani and frank double pivot but let's see what the duo have for us today i must confess am impressed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

I don't think I've seen Collins in any of the training pics so far...

Yh colins is doing well he was part of musa team that won yesterday but zaidu is obviously doing better than him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
smartsmith0907:

Yh colins is doing well he was part of musa team that won yesterday but zaidu is obviously doing better than him.

But,where are u getting all these reports from??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
Rohr is showing more tactical prowess creativity is now coming from the wings and full backs we dont really need to rely on the midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
smartsmith0907:

Nice one bro. Good to know we have someone on ground, please bless us with some good photos and clips that have not been shared anywhere else. For once, make pictures originate from here, for other forums and sites to copy, no be us go dey copy theirs all the time mbok

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

Do you have any info contrary to what have said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2020
ChrisKels:

Nice one bro. Goof to know we have someone on ground, please us with some good photos and clips that have not been shared anywhere else. For once, make pictures originate from here, for other forums and sites to copy, no be us go dey copy theirs all the time mbok

Mr Chris you no go kill persin grin
Am not in the camp but if I come along any pics I will post grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
smartsmith0907:

Are you related to Tobias Okiki Lawal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2020
Danielnino00:

The guy be like say im dey Austria grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
smartsmith0907:

Guy no reveal your identity o

(1) (2) (3) ... (9693) (9694) (9695) (9696) (9697) (9698) (9699) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.