Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692362 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9697) (9698) (9699) (9700) (9701) (9702) (9703) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2020
temi1290:

How many times was he given a chance.Well as far as he keeps scoring in his club,he will surely get a call up, except the other strikers performs better than him

He has no business in SE at the moment

Tolu is coming to take his chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Camp Update

Frank Onyeka trained today. So he is back from the knock he picked up in yesterday's training sessions.
Played for Team possible in a midfield trident featuring himself, Agu and Iwobi. The likely midfield for Friday. Time will tell.

Meanwhile.... More pics from Camp.
Lol. See Dessers and Balogun one side. Third time now. Padiship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
More from The Super Eagles Camp

1. Yobo and Rohr

2. Maduka Okoye in flight.

3. Tijani, Simon and Kalu.
Papi go dey hear fond memories of SE days from Yobo..... It gats come up. Lol

Eyes on Tijani. The hype gats worth the wait.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
Utonwanne:

He has no business in SE at the moment

Tolu is coming to take his chance

We are on the same page, when/if Tolu performs better at club level, they will be called ahead of Paul, but if Paul plays better than Tolu or any other striker,he go get call up.

Btw, let's see if the duo of Ebuehi and Zaidu will be able to put in good crosses into the box,you might just be surprised.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2020
Icon79:
LOL, wing play is no longer part of the modern game. Today’s wingers are strikers and the fullbacks are you’re wingers.

O pari

the opari Maester!! You fly go Brussels ni? Welcome back. More O Pari....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2020
komekn:

Explanation without substantiation, l did not respond to the Balderdash because it makes it look like there is merit in it.

I know poeple who work in the English FA and for the PFA as well. But l also have swathes of FIFA regulatory documents. It's not hard to read up the legal framework under which decisions are made and the procedural steps.

My advice to you is to read Article 8.1 then you can know what is fact and fiction.

Declan Rice West Ham, had played for Ireland at all youth levels and even three games for the senior team.

On the 13th of February he made an official application for change of allegiance. It was not contested by the Irish FA and change of allegiance confirmed on the 5th March 2019 by FIFA.

If you recall the NFF made a complete disgraceful hash of Aina application that caused a delay and he missed a number of games.

My suspicion are Rohr being German simply called up the German FA made a verbal intention made sure there was no objections from the German FA complied with the regulatory procedures and FIFA then confirmed change of allegiance. Probably all done in less than two weeks.

I could do probably exactly the same in England for any of our Nigerian origin players born in England it's no big deal.

How many of the English born players are left, because most of them have already filed for switch, and please don't mention Iorfa, the only talk of him playing for Nigeria have come from his father.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Akpoguma go soon collect starting shirt ,I don already talk am yesterday but some people Dey doubt me as if our other defenders Dey better club

Akpoguma ekong/ajayi ,but it will definitely be ekong grin
Selection headache for the defence is best for the SE. Way better than gambles of having an average or injury prone sub on the bench that can play few mins but still shaky.

Now, All fit plus All good... Then pairings...I'm loving this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
And another oldie returns again

how boss, trust things no dey somehow for ya side sha

somehow:
Time for the SE to make me Nigerian again.
So I am back here to enjoy comments from those wey sabi full time. cool
I salute the elders in the house...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
Subzero047:
Adama Traore... on the bench for Spain

I just hope his village people won't have the last laff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
Bros no time for gurl again ooo, nah later things

Icon79:
Yiiipppeee!! Do4luv is still here.
Omo, howz da gurl now?

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
Olulong:
Nigeria’s Super Eagles aren’t on FIFA…again

The Super Eagles have again missed out on appearing in the latest edition of the popular EA Sports franchise
FIFA 21 will released this week, and while gamers will be able to play as all of the world’s biggest clubs, they won’t be able to take control of
Nigeria ’s Super Eagles.
The West African are one of the many African nations who have been neglected on the game, as while FIFA offers fans the prospect of playing with a range of international teams, Caf only receives meagre representation.

Of the countries available on the game, there will be some African teams included, with the likes of
Egypt , Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire and South Africa all playable on the game.
It’s great news for fans of these nations, but too many supporters of Africa’s national teams are set to be left disappointed.
This has nothing to do—as some have suggested—with the teams’ standing in the world game.
None of the six top-ranked African teams in the Fifa World Rankings have been included in the video game, this is a list that includes Senegal (20th), Tunisia (26th), Nigeria (29th), Algeria (35th), Morocco (43rd) and Ghana (46th).

Egypt —currently ranked 51st in the world—are the top African team who are playable, which will come as a bitter blow of fans of those clubs at the pinnacle of the standings currently.
Some have speculated that Nigeria aren’t present on the game because EA Sports don’t have the licence to use the Super Eagles, but this isn’t entirely accurate.
While they may not have access to use the rights of the national side, that alone doesn’t prevent them from including the West African giants in the game.
This year—as has been well publicised—EA Sports have the rights to use neither Portugal nor
Italy in this year’s game, but both have been included without their official federation logos anyway.

Even club sides Juventus and Roma , neither of whom gave EA Sports permission to use their official branding, have been included, albeit with unofficial, alternative names.
Super Eagles fans will surely be disappointed to learn that even South African giants and PSL heavyweights Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs have been included on the game, while they have been overlooked.

The last time Nigeria were available on a FIFA game was FIFA 2008, and it’s too long for fans in Nigeria and the many Super Eagles fans of Nigerian origin around the world.
Look at the way that Nike are cherishing and relishing their relationship with the Nigeria national team—and the commercial success that partnership has led to.
Why can FIFA not see the value of including the Super Eagles in the latest edition of the franchise, and ensure that Nigerian gamers around the world can play with their heroes in the West African giants’ famous green? Nigeria’s Super Eagles aren’t on FIFA…again

I don't like this news again. Sad news for Africa's top 6. Are we sure rights isn't the only thing at play here? Cos its so odd that they keep overlooking Africa especially.

Days of Ogardingie for the PES version still fresh in memory. So pissed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2020
komekn:

Explanation without substantiation, l did not respond to the Balderdash because it makes it look like there is merit in it.

I know poeple who work in the English FA and for the PFA as well. But l also have swathes of FIFA regulatory documents. It's not hard to read up the legal framework under which decisions are made and the procedural steps.

My advice to you is to read Article 8.1 then you can know what is fact and fiction.

Declan Rice West Ham, had played for Ireland at all youth levels and even three games for the senior team.

On the 13th of February he made an official application for change of allegiance. It was not contested by the Irish FA and change of allegiance confirmed on the 5th March 2019 by FIFA.

If you recall the NFF made a complete disgraceful hash of Aina application that caused a delay and he missed a number of games.

My suspicion are Rohr being German simply called up the German FA made a verbal intention made sure there was no objections from the German FA complied with the regulatory procedures and FIFA then confirmed change of allegiance. Probably all done in less than two weeks.

I could do probably exactly the same in England for any of our Nigerian origin players born in England it's no big deal.

A change of allegiance within the british circle, ireland to England, compared to England to Nigeria where the four fa's have to sign, which one do u think will be faster.

So because u know people in the british FA we should just believe u that it's NFF that delays the switch process.

So u pursue a player for long (or short, depends tho)the player finally agrees to play for u,then u start feeling reluctant to complete the change process quickly,u sef reason wetin u dey talk sey the thing make sense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
That's right. But beyond Samu and Osimhen. There are others like it emerging in the Camp already. Ejuke and Matthew Yakubu. Kaduna links. Both were born there. Grew up there and obviously knew each other at some point before they left for Europe.

Another strong brotherhood is Omeruo and Simon Moses. Then ofcos Omeruo dey always dey on Awaziem's case. The team spirit is just lovely and as well funny to observe. Lol

I am sure Omeruo and Musa loved seeing Joseph Yobo also as they have real history together.

I would like to see all 3 in an interview talking about their situation. Playing for a former teammate and coaching them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
tglobal:

Classic deflection masked in unsolicited examples of successful youth players who have failed to make it at senior level, as if this phenomenon is only exclusive to football

Let's return to the statement I addressed:

What you said: "he will not even make it into any top academy in the EPL. He was technically naive and simply not good enough AT THAT TIME in 2016/17......."

My response: It makes no sense to say a player who performed better than products of an academy would not have been good enough for that academy at that time

What I didnt say : performance at youth level is a clear determinant for career success

EVASION and MISDIRECTION.

You avoid the substance and hold on to superfluous.

My long commentary highlights the limitations of youth football. At youth football you can quite easily overcome superior technical ability, strategy structure and philosophy.

With athleticism = speed and strength mental resilience and determination. Without being offensive to some here, age cheating as well.

However, youth football is not all about winning games but development.

As a consequence, boys winning youth games may win in the short term but become big loosers in the long term. Why they are not developing the skill set, technicalities and game management required to progress to the high levels of the senior game.

Having this in mind a lot of African players are at the top athletically speaking. But on arrival in Europe there are huge gaps in their development of technical ability and skill sets.

Having this thought in mind, after winning huge accolades at youth level. Many African players are actually very poor technically and would not be able to meet the standards required for the top football academies.

This is why a lot of our players spend two or more season in the youth teams almost relearning the game before they can progress.

It was in that context of the expectations of the top football academies, that my comments on Osimhen were objective and factual AT THE TIME.

You can accept or remain in a delusional bubble of the limitations of youth football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
temi1290:

A change of allegiance within the british circle, ireland to England, compared to England to Nigeria where the four fa's have to sign, which one do u think will be faster.

So because u know people in the british FA
we should just believe u that it's NFF that delays the switch process.

So u pursue a player for long (or short, depends tho)the player finally agrees to play for u,then u start feeling reluctant to complete the change process quickly,u sef reason wetin u dey talk sey the thing make sense.

You should have updated your knowledge so you don't speak in the cluelessness of your assumptive ignorance.

First of all there is nothing like the British FA.

Please go and update your knowledge.

You have clearly not read Article 8.1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2020
komekn:

You should have updated your knowledge so you don't speak in the cluelessness of your assumptive ignorance.

First of all there is nothing like the British FA.

Please go and update your knowledge.

You have clearly not read Article 8.1

Twas a mistake, any other thing.

post the article 8 here make we read am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
Karlovich:
How many of the English born players are left, because most of them have already filed for switch, and please don't mention Iorfa, the only talk of him playing for Nigeria have come from his father.

Iorfa has been waiting for call to play for Nigeria for over 4 years.

He has made it clear to the NFF, he has made verbal commitments to Rohr in the and quite recently.

I really can't say anymore.

With regards to Nigerian origin players in England playing in football academies there are at least 500 could easily be a thousand across all age groups in different academies across the different leagues and clubs in England.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
temi1290:

I just hope his village people won't have the last laff
LOL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2020
Subzero047:

E think say na kick and run dem come do

Well he came in and he was better than all those players passing backwards whenever they sniff any player in front of them.

Modern football is now frustrating and boring for me, no drive, hardly any individual brilliance, no take-ons..just damn back passes every time to drag players out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2020
temi1290:

Twas a mistake, any other thing.

post the article 8 here make we read am

First of all what are anchoring your deductions upon ❓ How did you arrive at this view.

When you do that l will post it here for you to see.

Although you should be able to do some basic open source research.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2020
komekn:

First of all what are anchoring your deductions upon ❓ How did you arrive at this view.

When you do that l will post it here for you to see.

Although you should be able to do some basic open source research.

Ask the person that told us.And u e
sef where did u get yours from??

Source: Just believe me,I know someone in the English FA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
temi1290:

Ask the person that told us.And u e
sef where did u get yours from??

Source: Just believe me,I know someone in the English FA

You should know by now l don't do frivolous posturing to seek recognition on a faceless forum. I also don't do beer parlour hearsay.

I have given you reference to the specific FIFA regulations in Article 8.1.

I don't write the regulations and laws of FIFA.

What more do you need.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
komekn:

You should know by now l don't do frivolous posturing to seek recognition on a faceless forum. I also don't do beer parlour hearsay.

I have given you reference to the specific FIFA regulations in Article 8.1.

I don't write the regulations and laws of FIFA.

What more do you need.

Post the article 8 now, is it too hard to post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
komekn:

Iorfa has been waiting for call to play for Nigeria for over 4 years.

He has made it clear to the NFF, he has made verbal commitments to Rohr in the and quite recently.

I really can't say anymore.

With regards to Nigerian origin players in England playing in football academies there are at least 500 could easily be a thousand across all age groups in different academies across the different leagues and clubs in England.

verbal agreements won't get a fifa clearance for Iorfa, so far he hasn't started the process of nationality switch, out of the 500 players in England, only the good ones will play for Nigeria and that is if they don't end up with the 3 lions

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
daveP:
Selection headache for the defence is best for the SE. Way better than gambles of having an average or injury prone sub on the bench that can play few mins but still shaky.

Now, All fit plus All good... Then pairings...I'm loving this

There is no much selection headche at the defence bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

There is no much selection headche at the defence bro
Headache is a stretch. It's an easy pick sef. That defense is really lacking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:39pm On Oct 07, 2020
Mickael2:

Thanks a lot Boss. it hasn't been easy the past 8-6 months, it hasn't. I can't remember the last time I comfortably watched a football game. Nigeria is a messed up country, she really is.

I think Akpoguna, I don't know if he was invited but I guess, but on the other spectrum I'd say Iwobi, managed to catch the Everton-Brighton game and somehow he was sharp, kinda playing to impress but generally sharp. I think if Ancelotti is going to watch our game then he will perform but let's see how it goes.
Pele, Michael I can relate with your pains, it is sad, really, keep safe doc. To footie, Kevin Akpoguma was indeed invited after he completed his fifa switch, let's see how performs in his debut and for Iwobi I think he starts as usual, no replacement for him at this point in the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2020
Mickael2:

Up Nacho
He Don abandon Nacho. Said Nacho has no ambition and he's too comfortable with his dwindling career and bench boy role in Leicester.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2020
My friend, Dave!

Nna a, I was on lockdown, mhen.

O pari

daveP:
the opari Maester!! You fly go Brussels ni? Welcome back. More O Pari....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
Wow. Are for real

The world is definitely coming to an end.

O pari

do4luv14:

Bros no time for gurl again ooo, nah later things

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
komekn:

Can you help me with the article 8.1 so I can read up as you advised
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2020
temi1290:

Key word:'MY'
book that he suppose to bring lemme burn to make firewood for the Cassava I'm boiling

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9697) (9698) (9699) (9700) (9701) (9702) (9703) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Impeccable5248(m), Melvinity, WHOSEMAN(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.