Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752021 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9698) (9699) (9700) (9701) (9702) (9703) (9704) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
Odunayaw:
book that he suppose to bring lemme burn to make firewood for the Cassava I'm boiling

Why are u boiling cassava?
Yam don finish for market? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2020
Germany considering Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala for one of their youth teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2020
Icon79:
Wow. Are for real

The world is definitely coming to an end.

O pari

Bia nwokem, where you follow go ? Longest time. Cc.Icon79
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
temi1290:

Key word:'MY'

Spot on. It's "my" view.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 11:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
Mickael2:

Goldfish is still the boss. I have been fine man, missed this thread so much.

Cc. Mickael2, welcome back , my go. Were una come waka go naa ? ah-ah ! Good to see you guys , once more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
ChrisKels:

He couldn't be an Igbo with his names Akpoguma and especially, Ufuoma.

Igbo is Ifeoma(Iheoma) or Ihuoma, and they are female names
he is from my community ofuoma..there is a health college there..he do send football boots to his family there yearly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:15am On Oct 08, 2020
Now that Icon79 is back doing his O Pari tins and My Colleague and "Always Controversial" Debate Comrade grin Mickael2 have returned. I can say I really look forward to some more interesting discussions (and really rib cracking ones too) during and after the friday game. Hehehehehehe...

I and Mickael2 are normally on opposite sides in arguments but we were just getting along and surprisingly agreeing on some discussions before he disappeared and then Covid especially struck. He went away. I also went away but returned later. And now he too has returned. Good to see you again Mickael2. Wanted the dust to settle well so I can welcome you specially. You will sit next to me for the Algeria game.... wink

..... So that if you open your mouth and aim any jibe/yab at Iheanacho if he does play ehn, I can easily Konk that head of yours. angry

Ahhhh... Sweetness. If only Mujtahida and even one of my great debate rivals and TheGoodjoe's Long debate Companion, Goldfish80 can show face small. Especially Goldfish... Our dear Cameroun team expert. grin

It's good to have the team together again for another assault on International week. Let the flow of analytical perspectives, the optimistic views, pessimistic views, the funny comments and more resume in abundance. For the Gang has come together again.

O Pari Master, Icon79 himself... Combining football Matters with his search for his lost rib in here grin ..... And Mickael2, always the sharp-talking controversial "big head" grin

Your returns have "added depth to the thread's squad." The Originals are back. Let's roll.

O pari.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:19am On Oct 08, 2020
Tolu Arokodare scored his first goal in a FC Koln shirt as his side secured a 14-0 friendly win over SC Borussia Lindenthal-Hohenlind.

Tolu grabbed a goal and an assist playing 62 mins before being subbed off.
His team mate, Modeste scored 8. Wicked Man. angry

Ehizibue also played. He played the second 45 only

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:24am On Oct 08, 2020
Super Eagles Camp updates

Some pics from the training sessions of Wednesday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:24am On Oct 08, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Now that Icon79 is back doing his O Pari tins and My Colleague and "Always Controversial" Debate Comrade grin Mickael2 have returned. I can say I really look forward to some more interesting discussions (and really rib cracking ones too) during and after the friday game. Hehehehehehe...

I and Mickael2 are normally on opposite sides in arguments but we were just getting along and surprisingly agreeing on some discussions before he disappeared and then Covid especially struck. He went away. I also went away but returned later. And now he too has returned. Good to see you again Mickael2. Wanted the dust to settle well so I can welcome you specially. You will sit next to me for the Algeria game.... wink

..... So that if you open your mouth and aim any jibe/yab at Iheanacho if he does play ehn, I can easily Konk that head of yours. angry

Ahhhh... Sweetness. If only Mujtahida and even one of my great debate rivals and TheGoodjoe's Long debate Companion, Goldfish80 can show face small. Especially Goldfish... Our dear Cameroun team expert. grin

It's good to have the team together again for another assault on International week. Let the flow of analytical perspectives, the optimistic views, pessimistic views, the funny comments and more resume in abundance. For the Gang has come together again.

O Pari Master, Icon79 himself... Combining football Matters with his search for his lost rib in here grin ..... And Mickael2, always the sharp-talking controversial "big head" grin

Your returns have "added depth to the thread's squad." The Originals are back. Let's roll.

O pari.

Man, you just reminded me a lot about the good old days. Actually I kinda like Nacho now oh, shocking yes but true. The last game I watched was ManU vs Leicester last season, dude was very good and hungry and selfish, all you need to excel but of course he was subbed instead of Vardy. can't want to watch Algeria game, should be a perfect yardstick to evaluate how far we have gone.

Abeg do you mean Joe doesn't show up again?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:30am On Oct 08, 2020
Mickael2:

Man, you just reminded me a lot about the good old days. Actually I kinda like Nacho now oh, shocking yes but true. The last game I watched was ManU vs Leicester last season, dude was very good and hungry and selfish, all you need to excel but of course he was subbed instead of Vardy. can't want to watch Algeria game, should be a perfect yardstick to evaluate how far we have gone.

What?? It's a lie!! Unless this is not Mickael2 I am talking to. Bia Nwokem, how can you suddenly kinda like Nacho now?? Ooohhh God! You have spoilt the fun. angry

Which kain bad news be dis now? So my Konks no go dey on show on matchday?? Chaaiii...

Infact I don't believe this is you. Which kain wahala be dis bikonu? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:31am On Oct 08, 2020
Icon4s:

Ok, so firstly, you agree we are no longer where we were before he took over.

Where were we since after the 1994 WC?

Where were we during the period where players selected matches to play?

Where were we when coaches usually had problems with key members of the team?

Where were we when coaches would rather than inviting the best available players, keep 7 slots in the team for home based players?

Maybe you expect us to by now be rubbing shoulders with the bests in the world. No coach has ever achieved that for Nigeria, not even the 94 class.
Please give Rohr some credit for moving us from where we were, at the point of his take over, to where we are now.

But I did that, I gave him credit for the initial stability he managed to establish, it was very much needed. but now the structure is there and we need more, maybe I am speaking from an uninformed position because I haven't watched in a while but Rohr still uses the same old tactics, we aren't going to win the afcon with that.

By the way eh, change this your signature, absolutely nothing to be proud about Naija, we are already on our way out of this shithole. I used to believe in Naija oh, I work in a military hospital so the pay is brilliant but boss, I no fit handle this country again. no dey put Christ before Naija. Someday sha, someday we will make it better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:32am On Oct 08, 2020
On Joe... He is still around. He will still show. Comes around form time to time.

But please... I just say make I reply that Joe part. I still don't believe you are Mickael. Please give the original Mickael back his phone. I beg you.

Mickael2:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:34am On Oct 08, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

What?? It's a lie!! Unless this is not Mickael2 I am talking to. Bia Nwokem, how can you suddenly kinda like Nacho now?? Ooohhh God! You have spoilt the fun. angry

Which kain bad news be dis now? So my Konks no go dey on show on matchday?? Chaaiii...

Infact I don't believe this is you. Which kain wahala be dis bikonu? angry

grin No be that kind like na. I mean i don't consider him a carpenter no more. But if even Kellycute don abandon Nacho, then it means I need to check again grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 12:36am On Oct 08, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Tolu Arokodare scored his first goal in a FC Koln shirt as his side secured a 14-0 friendly win over SC Borussia Lindenthal-Hohenlind.

Tolu grabbed a goal and an assist playing 62 mins before being subbed off.
His team mate, Modeste scored 8. Wicked Man. angry

Ehizibue also played. He played the second 45 only

14 kpondo!

Nawa ooo cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:37am On Oct 08, 2020
Mickael2:

grin No be that kind like na. I mean i don't consider him a carpenter no more. But if even Kellycute don abandon Nacho, then it means I need to check again grin

Please check again... Coz it is Nacho... Iheanacho. Kelechi Promise Iheanacho that we speak of.

See him pic again as reminder. Check well oooo... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:39am On Oct 08, 2020
Mickael2 changes his mind on Iheanacho...

Wonders!!! This is breaking news! grin

Still cannot believe what I am reading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:56am On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:

I will play him there for now until an effective AM shows up.
Then why the complain man? It's no news that Iwobi isn't the perfect answer to our AM woes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Danielnino00:

Why are u boiling cassava?
Yam don finish for market? grin
grin Partly because the kind length of time e de use cook cassava en. Partly because I miss Bobozi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:35am On Oct 08, 2020
This ndidi case sef, I don give up. Its very insulting that Arsenal signed Partey before Ndidi not because of ghana vs Nigeria Rivalry but because of how people claim Ndidi is talented. Its eithee that he isn't good as proclaimed or he has a bad agent. Thunder go faya anyone that start posting ndidi is the beat ball winner again after this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:16am On Oct 08, 2020
Icon79:
LOL, wing play is no longer part of the modern game. Today’s wingers are strikers and the fullbacks are you’re wingers.

O pari

This is expert football knowledge

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BOOOMNAIJA: 5:27am On Oct 08, 2020
I've been silently following ur discussions here so far without making an input myself. I just feel like chipping in a very important point here....

It's amazing how u guys fail to recognize/acknowledge rohr's effort so far cos all I see here is discussion about the players only.

I must commend the coach for something very significant he has been trying to achieve, and very important too...its obvious he's trying to amass a whole pool of super-talented players for all positions of d national team(with at least 3 young players plus an older and more experienced player for each position)...this is d secret of the best teams of d world.

When a coach is spoilt with choices for each position of his team, there is no excuse for him not to succeed with that team, no matter the opposition.

Incase no one has noticed, that was d secret of our successful outings in the Atlanta '96 Olympics as well as the USA '94 world cup. Those teams were spoilt with stars for each position. This simply brings extra healthy competition into d team and nobody wants to be caught unawares, hence bringing out d best in each player.

There are better days ahead and I foresee an improvement on the '90s team with this present team, if d momentum is kept.

Indeed rohr deserves to be applauded for this...the man is working, despite his very few flaws.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:31am On Oct 08, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
Then why the complain man? It's no news that Iwobi isn't the perfect answer to our AM woes.

I know but that not the only reason. He did something to a fellow African player that pissed me off.... grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Okoye
Ebuehi
Zaidu
Ekong
Akpoguma
Agu
Onyeka
Iwobi
Kalu
Chukwueze
Onuachu

That's my starting line up.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 6:08am On Oct 08, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:
I've been silently following ur discussions here so far without making an input myself. I just feel like chipping in a very important point here....

It's amazing how u guys fail to recognize/acknowledge rohr's effort so far cos all I see here is discussion about the players only.

I must commend the coach for something very significant he has been trying to achieve, and very important too...its obvious he's trying to amass a whole pool of super-talented players for all positions of d national team(with at least 3 young players plus an older and more experienced player for each position)...this is d secret of the best teams of d world.

When a coach is spoilt with choices for each position of his team, there is no excuse for him not to succeed with that team, no matter the opposition.

Incase no one has noticed, that was d secret of our successful outings in the Atlanta '96 Olympics as well as the USA '94 world cup. Those teams were spoilt with stars for each position. This simply brings extra healthy competition into d team and nobody wants to be caught unawares, hence bringing out d best in each player.

There are better days ahead and I foresee an improvement on the '90s team with this present team, if d momentum is kept.

Indeed rohr deserves to be applauded for this...the man is working, despite his very few flaws.
. u r spot on wit ur analysis bro,wether we like it or not, kudos must go do rohr because he is assembling a fine eagles team if we r to b honest wit ourselves..gone are those days where players will b invited based on favouritism and who dey knw, dis days we HV players invited in merit and all willing to answer there callups, he might not b d best tactician bt his man management skills is topnotch..wishing d boys all d best against d north africans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 6:25am On Oct 08, 2020
12large1:
This ndidi case sef, I don give up. Its very insulting that Arsenal signed Partey before Ndidi not because of ghana vs Nigeria Rivalry but because of how people claim Ndidi is talented. Its eithee that he isn't good as proclaimed or he has a bad agent. Thunder go faya anyone that start posting ndidi is the beat ball winner again after this season
Partey is more than just a ball winner. Let's not forget the guy plays as a 10 for Ghana and has scored 10 in 27 games for Ghana's NT.
Ndidi's all round game is not close to Partey.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:44am On Oct 08, 2020
12large1:

Oga football doesn't work that way. Mikel knows who he wants and went for it, no fuss

Partey don dae Atlético for years, not an excuse though. Ndidi will move when time comes and it takes nothing away from a great player he is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2020
edi287:

Partey is more than just a ball winner. Let's not forget the guy plays as a 10 for Ghana and has scored 10 in 27 games for Ghana's NT.
Ndidi's all round game is not close to Partey.

Because of goal so he's not close to partey

Hahaha
Partey maybe better than Ndidi but saying he's not close is not true.
Partey has so much freedom in BL so it's no surprise that he scores much for them. Unless you want me to believe that Casemiro is not close to Partey too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:08am On Oct 08, 2020
BOOOMNAIJA:

Thanks for this.

Michael2, you see the point? grin
Tell me "Rohr needs a tactician" yes, I will agree. But telling me Rohr being the coach has not worked is "emotive bias born out of emotive prejudice" grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:11am On Oct 08, 2020
Utonwanne:

Because of goal so he's not close to partey

Hahaha
Partey maybe better than Ndidi but saying he's not close is not true.
Partey has so much freedom in BL so it's no surprise that he scores much for them. Unless you want me to believe that Casemiro is not close to Partey too

Partey is a better passer, dribbler and reads the game better. Partey has played as a 10, right winger and B2B midfielder.
Ball winning ability is what you can argue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:15am On Oct 08, 2020
12large1:

See, different coaches know what they look out for in a particular player and see if those qualities would fit into his Team's plans.

Ndidi and Partey are both quality players that could have brought a lot to the Arsenal team. I am an Arsenal fan, I can tell you that asides getting a ball winning midfielder, we also need a player that can add steel to the middle, and this is where Partey gets the nod over Ndidi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 7:29am On Oct 08, 2020
Mickael2:

hahha. I need nacho to leave Leicester. I nor like the way he relax for bench.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9698) (9699) (9700) (9701) (9702) (9703) (9704) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mostob(m), soetanoreoluwa(m), charlesemeka85(m), Truidstarr, Lyster360, Ihenzy(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.