Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,803 members, 7,862,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11941880 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (16354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:01pm On May 28, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sorry Sir Komekn... but Neymar was not totally anonymous at Nigeria 2009. He made good impact with the little time Brazil spent in the competition. I remember watching him in Lagos... Neymar was beautiful to watch.

They were knocked out in the first round by an exciting Switzerland side who went on to become champions that year.

And yeah where are the likes of Sani Emmanuel? Stanley Okoro? right?

But Onazi, Omeruo, Kayode and Ajagun featured in that same competition. They are doing good.... aren't they?

Don't sound like it is perculiar to Nigeria... after all, where is Spain's Borja? Spain's Edgar? Brazil's Ganso? Switzerland's Ben Khalifa and so on and so forth...

And K.Nwakali and Osimhen are surely gonna be great players... you just wait and see. Don't write them off yet.... And yes, Okonkwo Orji, Scorer of that world class strike against mexico in the semis at Chile 2015 is really on fire and doing superbly well... he is very close to an invite to the Eagles... but he should keep it on... lad is rising nicely.

Only sad for Chukwueze as his handlers are just delaying his rise... such an exceptional talent may just die away because of carelessness and greed on the handlers' part and it is so frustrating... just hope he can get his career off the ground... dude is still young and can still make that good career move.... but his agents should plsss let him be and forget their selfish interests. Haba!

Actually that's an overstatement with regards to Neymar statistically he was anonymous and indeed Brazil had an abysmal tournament by thier standards.

With regards to the names in bold, at one stage I expected to see Onazi in Tottenham he was a regular at Lazio for 4 season's. He was on the radar of so many EPL clubs a player with true top class ability.

I am completely at loss with Onazi, he is only 24 he is nowhere near his peak, to leave Seria A to the comparative lowly Turkish league is not progress for a 24 year old.

The other three players are making a decent career in football but that's all, we know them because they are Nigerians, otherwise they are not making waves in football.

Yes it's true that youth success may not always translate to professional football dominance. However, Iheanacho has provided evidence to the contrary as well as many top performing players.

The issue is we have dominance at youth level that is not transferred to professional dominance or top class progression in top leagues for our players.

Chrisantus promised so much but never delivered.

We need to be careful about creating over expectation from what are not World Class players or indeed even showing any promises of such. If at 18-22 you are already playing and you are not showing signs of real quality there could be problems.

KC has shown promise but that's all for now, I am very happy he is in West Ham. He will be given every opportunity to lead the line. Big, big expectations West Ham is not City with a plethora of world class players supporting his runs with perfectly weighted passes. It will be difficult but not impossible he is going to learn a lot and improve a lot. What will be his first real season as a first team player. He is truly our most promising talent without doubt.

One fear he must stay focused London has so much distraction for young players. It is literally small Lagos.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:11pm On May 28, 2017
OMANBALA1:
I have always thought Onyekuru was another Victor Moses in the making with better goal rate. I am not yet sold on that Nigga.

In my opinion no comparison at all.

Onyekuru is a lightweight player with freedom to express himself in a low level team.

He doesn't have anywhere near the physical strength and tenacity that Victor has. Onyekuru will have to learn team structured discipline and increase his vision, situational awareness so he can contribute positively to the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:44pm On May 28, 2017
komekn:

Onyekuru is a lightweight player with freedom to express himself in a low level team.

He doesn't have anywhere near the physical strength and tenacity that Victor has. Onyekuru will have to learn team structured discipline and increase his vision, situational awareness so he can contribute positively to the team.
that is just it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:08pm On May 28, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Somebody whose father is not proud enough to bear our native name or give his son a native name and you are here yapping about eligibility. You strong ooo

Are ISAAC SUCCESS, VICTOR MOSES, ABBEY GEORGE, ALHASSAN IBRAHIM etc native names ?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:22pm On May 28, 2017
OMANBALA1:

Ignorant of his Nigerian roots. There are many like that. Even among Igbos born in Lagos some will tell you my papa say we be Igbo people from Imo or Delta. Ignorance is real bro.

The only root i need him to know about is the one that ends at scoring for the super eagles.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:44pm On May 28, 2017
komekn:

Well,you went more in-depth with that one. But we are somehow saying the same thing,which is that Onyekuru hasn't arrived yet. Dude is selfish and short sighted
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:45pm On May 28, 2017
Nothing being overstated as regards Neymar... Neymar in 2009 put in a good individual performance that showed he was one star for the future. He got a fine goal in Brazil's first game and he and Brazil went on to lose 1-0 in their next two games. And in those games he was at his individual best for the most parts... he just couldn't carry the team over the line. Apart from Neymar (and maybe Coutinho and casemiro plus Alisson on a modest level) which other Brazilian from that 2009 class is making good waves?

Nigeria 2009 also produced the likes of Heung Min-son (do you even know he was at Nigeria 2009?), Morata (some don't know he was there too), Joke, El-sharawy, Sergi Roberto, Mario Gotze, Mustafi (lad scored against us sef in that first game in abuja... gotze also scored), Isco, and many more....... Of All the countries that came to Nigeria 2009, some like Argentina and Honduras don't have players from that class pulling weights today compared to their Nigerian counterparts. Even Spain only have a few like Koke, Sergi Roberto, Morata (who wasn't a starter), And Isco. What about Borja? their top scorer at that U-17 WC? see?

Even Germany's lennart Thy went into Oblivion....

Even Gotze is struggling to keep his relevance in the game at the moment. But no doubts about his talents.

And well said on the other points raised but Kayode just signed up for Russian Champions Spartak Moscow... I think... his move will be made official soon enough if all else is done. He is doing good and his profile is rising by the day....

Omeruo is still a top defender in African football today. His experience and quality is not in doubt even though he still has a lot to improve upon.

Onazi did good in Italy but has to go to turkey to get playing time and he is one of the top 5 African players in Turkey today. The numbers are there for all to see. His stats as a midfielder there are impressive. So he is not retrogressing. You should know what African players go through sometimes at these European clubsides.... sometimes they are sidelines not for lack of talent but for simple preference of another over the black man.... only sometimes I said.

And if Kelechi's move to West Ham is finally confirmed, I will be one of the happiest u know why? Coz I am certain he will deliver at least 15 league goals for the hammers (excluding other comps) coz he is that clinical. Even at Man City with all the world class quality they had, Kelechi was not fed the ball enough.... he was treated like a ball boy... his teammates didn't seek him out enough as they would Aguero... but at West Ham, with the likes of Ayew and Lanzini and Snodgrass providing the passes to Nacho upfront knowing he is their biggest gun in attack and seeing him as a star player ... (don't forget, west ham is kinda close to signing Barkley too), I see an explosion for Kelechi at west ham and City know this and this is why they are battling so hard to insert a buy-back clause....

Note: My first and most preferred choice for Kelechi since this transfer ish began have always been Hoffenheim.... but I believe any of Dortmund, hoffenheim, Everton, West ham, or even Southampton will suit him just fine.... coz I see him making a much bigger move for a much bigger fee if he does explodes as I hope he would at West Ham for the next two seasons at least....or for the next one season coupled with how he fares for Nigeria at the World Cup in Russia.... (west ham will have a hard time keeping him if he explodes for them in the 2017/18 season and goes to the World cup and does really well also).

Kelechi has shown great promise... not just promise... but great promise... you don't command a tag as EPL's most clinical striker for nothing.... at 20, he has shown so much promise... before he clocked 20, he already hit the 10 goal league mark in the EPL with less time compared to the other teen wonders before him. Abeg... let's call a spade a spade.. He has shown Great Promise indeed... Calling it just promise is an understatement.

And don't worry about his focus in London... I believe he will do just fine. He may be young but I have seen enough in him to know his attitude is just right. If he messes up, it is his life and career going down the drain not mine not yours... so he knows that perfectly well... Nacho will do well in new surroundings in London I believe... But can they please confirm the move already?? Haba!!!!!!! angry

In conclusion... nice points raised. You sound similar to Chief Icon4s when you mention the bolded... loooollll....

Elders and the experience circle.. you know them by their words.... wink

Sir Komekn... I greet you .... grin

komekn:

Actually that's an overstatement with regards to Neymar statistically he was anonymous and indeed Brazil had an abysmal tournament by thier standards.

With regards to the names in bold, at one stage I expected to see Onazi in Tottenham he was a regular at Lazio for 4 season's. He was on the radar of so many EPL clubs a player with true top class ability.

I am completely at loss with Onazi, he is only 24 he is nowhere near his peak, to leave Seria A to the comparative lowly Turkish league is not progress for a 24 year old.

The other three players are making a decent career in football but that's all, we know them because they are Nigerians, otherwise they are not making waves in football.

Yes it's true that youth success may not always translate to professional football dominance. However, Iheanacho has provided evidence to the contrary as well as many top performing players.

The issue is we have dominance at youth level that is not transferred to professional dominance or top class progression in top leagues for our players.

Chrisantus promised so much but never delivered.

We need to be careful about creating over expectation from what are not World Class players or indeed even showing any promises of such. If at 18-22 you are already playing and you are not showing signs of real quality there could be problems.

KC has shown promise but that's all for now, I am very happy he is in West Ham. He will be given every opportunity to lead the line. Big, big expectations West Ham is not City with a plethora of world class players supporting his runs with perfectly weighted passes. It will be difficult but not impossible he is going to learn a lot and improve a lot. What will be his first real season as a first team player. He is truly our most promising talent without doubt.

One fear he must stay focused London has so much distraction for young players. It is literally small Lagos.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:46pm On May 28, 2017
ChrisKels:

Are ISAAC SUCCESS, VICTOR MOSES, ABBEY GEORGE, ALHASSAN IBRAHIM etc native names ?

Different scenario; Isaac was born and raised in Nigeria by Nigerian parents just like Donald Duke and Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:48pm On May 28, 2017
Lol my people dey Onyekuru matter. Una dey judge from highlights?
Hey higlight is so short. It only showed probably the major attempts at goals, and actual goals oh. That is not enough to judge a players overall performance. i would rather want to see a longer clip. 15 minutes at least then I can say more. One thing I hate is to argue from assumption. Let's have the enough info then we can now start the argument. Hopefully we get to watch the Togo game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:49pm On May 28, 2017
George Abbey nko?

Dele Alli answer he papa name. In fact he even lived in Naija at a point in his life. Just because he knows his roots didn't make him choose Nigeria. Him recognizing one of his parent is Nigerian is enough. So he is Nigerian. Anything can happen.

OMANBALA1:

Different scenario; Isaac was born and raised in Nigeria by Nigerian parents just like Donald Duke and Goodluck Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:59pm On May 28, 2017
Onyekuru's overall performance against Corsica was good.... we cannot crucify him for not putting away his chance or not looking to pass to Nacho. After all, Nacho missed two good chances against Senegal and also should have done better with a third chance... we knocked him and life goes on...

This was Onyekuru's first game for us... I think he did well because he had to battle the overwhelming tension that comes with putting on that Jersey for the first time and taking to the field..... he was like, "This is it Boy! Now or never... time to make a good first impression"

The tension got to him but he bounced back from it as the match went on... Onyekuru had a full game. He wasn't taken out.... Rohr must have wanted to really evaluate the lad... I see him Given another shot against Togo... unless Rohr wanna test out some of those who will actually execute the game against South Africa.... (ofcos I hope Onyekuru is among those Rohr is saying, "I am gonna invite him for the game against the southies"wink.

So biko... we can all cut Henry some slack....

And hey! Henry's transfer situation nko?? So many clubs circling around him but nothing solid in terms of where he is going to end up by the end of the window... well... time will tell... market is open till sept.2-3 wink

Joebie:
Lol my people dey Onyekuru matter. Una dey judge from highlights?
Hey higlight is so short. It only showed probably the major attempts at goals, and actual goals oh. That is not enough to judge a players overall performance. i would rather want to see a longer clip. 15 minutes at least then I can say more. One thing I hate is to argue from assumption. Let's have the enough info then we can now start the argument. Hopefully we get to watch the Togo game

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:01am On May 29, 2017
OMANBALA1:

U just shot urself in d foot bkus ur examples and mine could go for worse case scenarios, reason is Dat d aforementioned guys are home bred through and through, yet their parents (local parents too) weren't proud enough to give them native names yet u wanna judge someone who probably has just a Nigerian parent and another white one, also was brought up abroad for going all foreign with his names huh?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:01am On May 29, 2017
tbaba1234:
I think Muazzam will break into the Eagles... That will be a real plus for Manu Garba 2013 team
and the NPFL too.

Cc: Bascovanveli and Danycrusoe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:05am On May 29, 2017
SIMMY NWANKWO’S CROTONE ESCAPE RELEGATION FROM SERIE A
By Shina Oludare

Though an unused substitute against Lazio, the Nigerian’s club ensured they missed demotion to Serie B on Sunday

Simmy Nwankwo's Crotone miraculously escaped the drop from the Italian topflight after defeating Lazio 3-1 at Stadio Ezio Scida.

Andrea Nalini’s brace inspired Davide Nicola’s men to victory to remain afloat after Empoli suffered a 2-1 defeat at Palermo.

The Pythagoreans appear destined for relegation at the beginning of April no thanks to their appalling run that saw them lose seven of eight matches.

But a change in fortune saw them step up their game – losing once in nine games, and finished 17th with 34 points from 38 matches.

25-year-old Simmy played a crucial role in this survival, netting thrice in 25 games for the Calabrese outfit.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2017/05/28/35924082/simmy-nwankwos-crotone-escape-relegation-from-serie-a

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:08am On May 29, 2017
Sir BascoVanVeli already beat you to it.... Looollll
He gave the exact same response..... "And the NPFL" grin
I just dey look all of una for this thread... wink

terzurum5:
and the NPFL too.
Cc: Bascovanveli and Danycrusoe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12am On May 29, 2017
HENRY ONYEKURU STUDYING OFFER FROM BORUSSIA DORTMUND
By MICHAEL OLIVER @MichaelOIiver

Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru projects to be one of the most sought-after players of the transfer transfer window following a breakthrough season.

The teenager netted 25 goals and provided 13 assists for KAS Eupen this season which has put him on the radar of a number of top European clubs.

Arsenal , West Ham , Southampton and Anderlecht are among those said to have already submitted offers for the 19-year-old forward, but there is also interest from wider Europe.

All Nigeria Soccer claim that Onyekuru and his representatives are also weighing up an offer from Borussia Dortmund.

Dortmund are expected to say goodbye to 31 goal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this summer and will look to replace him in he squad.

Having had success with a number of young forwards in recent years, most notably Ousmane Dembele and Christian Pulisic,

Dortmund’s interest in Onyekuru isn’t a surprise and they are a proven breeding ground for young developing talent.

The report also mentions that the Nigerian is weighing up offers from Red Bull Leipzig, Schalke, Borussia Monchengladbach, Lyon, Lille, Monaco, Nice, Atletico Madrid ,
Sevilla , Fiorentina and Roma this summer as he’s expected to make a lucrative move.

Source: http://readbundesliga.com/2017/05/28/henry-onyekuru-studying-offer-borussia-dortmund/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:16am On May 29, 2017
Arsenal Linked Winger Osayi-Samuel Helps Blackpool Secure Promotion

Nigerian-born winger Bright Osayi-Samuel was on parade at the National Stadium in London as Blackpool secured promotion back to League One following their 2-1 win over Exeter City in the playoff final on Sunday evening.

Osayi-Samuel entered into the fray in the 31st minute after Scottish defender Tom Aldred sustained an injury.

The 19-year-old looked lively for the remaining one hour, with his speed and trickery causing problems for Exeter City defense, and had two opportunities to score for his team.

On 54 minutes, his strike was deflected behind for a corner, before he rolled an effort wide of the target on the break in the 89th minute.

Goals either side of half time from Potts and Cullen condemned Exeter City to defeat, Wheeler had restored parity for The Grecians five minutes before the intermission.

Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are among the teams monitoring the situation of Osayi-Samuel, with his contract with the Seasiders set to run out in June.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23215

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:29am On May 29, 2017
kelechi abeg don't follow iwobi round London o cos this una Snapchat ehnnnn

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:41am On May 29, 2017
loooollll Honestly.... I think Kelechi's move to London will only serve to further deepen the bond and motivation they both provide for each other as national team pals and as young players who wanna make a name in the game. wink

Remember Kelechi's favourite and closest mentor at Man City, Pablo Zabaleta is already a West Ham player too....

So he will still be there telling Kelechi to show what he got on the inside and let pep know he was wrong in letting him go and undermining his abilities. Zaba will be saying to Kelechi when he does lands in London, "Now to show Pep why you are even better than Gabby J and more clinical than both Kun and Gabby J" wink Loolll

Meanwhile I read rumors of City's proposed world record bid for mbappe... I thought Pep is satisfied with Gabby J grin

Funny man.... So even Aguero should run for dear life if Mbappe lands... looollll (Well, I don't see it happening shaa... at least not this summer... and if it does happen... it will be Madrid who signs Mbappe most likely). wink

Nigerdeltaboi:
kelechi abeg don't follow iwobi round London o cos this una Snapchat ehnnnn
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:54am On May 29, 2017
#@thesupernerd, how's that side. waiting for 1st comment on page 1000.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:57am On May 29, 2017
Super Eagles Striker Kayode Wins Top Scorer Award In Bundesliga

Nigeria international Olarenwaju Kayode claimed the top scorer award in the Austrian Bundesliga after the last round of matches in the division on Sunday.

The Austria Vienna frontman won the Torjäger-Krone accolade after finishing the season with 17 goals to his name, one more than closest challenger SK Sturm Graz star Deni Alar.

Alar had a good chance to overtake Kayode in the race for the Golden Boot, with the Super Eagle suspended on the final day of the season, but the former Austria U21 international fired blanks in Sturm Graz's 1-0 loss to Wolfsberger AC.

The ex-Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles star is expected to receive more offers from bigger teams in Europe after winning the prestigious accolade.

Kayode is the first Nigerian player to top the goal-scoring charts since the Bundesliga was introduced in the 1974-75 season.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23216

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00am On May 29, 2017
Mehn.... that first comment on page 1000 go be person wey no even know say he don do am sef.... looooollllll

My side is fine ooo Oga Dave.... smiley

daveP:
#@thesupernerd, how's that side. waiting for 1st comment on page 1000.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:06am On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sir BascoVanVeli already beat you to it.... Looollll

He gave the exact same response..... "And the NPFL" grin

I just dey look all of una for this thread... wink

I just wanted to cause another e-war here, especially now that the thread is about entering page .....

However, it goes to show how honest Sir tbaba1234 is about his opinions. I don't think someone who hates the NPFL would have made that observation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:10am On May 29, 2017
Loooollll.... sure man.... Sir Tbaba na legend him be.... wink

Another E-war? Abeg.... page 1000 must not see the word "War" abeg... loooollll

terzurum5:

I just wanted to cause another e-war here, especially now that the thread is about entering page .....

However, it goes to show how honest Sir tbaba1234 is about his opinions. I don't think someone who hates the NPFL would have made that observation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:15am On May 29, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Mehn.... that first comment on page 1000 go be person wey no even know say he don do am sef.... looooollllll

My side is fine ooo Oga Dave.... smiley

to play 90 games for Nig vs playing for England and not sure of how many games or even playing. time became discussion with some friends on Friday. I was shocked they prefer a fashanu repeat than play for naija. 7 vs only me? I had to lock up o. my siggy fits them, but they aren't nlders. NFF needs to step us Sha..n
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:35am On May 29, 2017
Looooollll... the people you argued with are the class of guys who say, "Who wouldn't go for the Queen over Rubbish Nigeria"? Looollll

But they don't realise that by so doing, most of them will end up as mediocre players. Enter Agbonlahor, Shola Ameobi, Nedum Onuoha, etc.

Not everyone can be a Dele Alli.... wink

But again playing 90 games for Nigeria and yielding nothing compared to playing a couple of games like maybe 25 for England and winning a major trophy (very unlikely in reality) is another matter entirely. wink

daveP:
to play 90 games for Nig vs playing for England and not sure of how many games or even playing. time became discussion with some friends on Friday. I was shocked they prefer a fashanu repeat than play for naija. 7 vs only me? I had to lock up o. my siggy fits them, but they aren't nlders. NFF needs to step us Sha..n
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:49am On May 29, 2017
Ok good one. Why is no one talking about Odey?

As regards Onyekuru and Kelechi's many interests rumors. It's one thing to signify interest, it's yet another to put forward a formal bid. Let's hear of who is bidding. In fact I heard Ifeanyi Ubah FC is interested in Onyekuru
TheSuperNerd:
Onyekuru's overall performance against Corsica was good.... we cannot crucify him for not putting away his chance or not looking to pass to Nacho. After all, Nacho missed two good chances against Senegal and also should have done better with a third chance... we knocked him and life goes on...

This was Onyekuru's first game for us... I think he did well because he had to battle the overwhelming tension that comes with putting on that Jersey for the first time and taking to the field..... he was like, "This is it Boy! Now or never... time to make a good first impression"

The tension got to him but he bounced back from it as the match went on... Onyekuru had a full game. He wasn't taken out.... Rohr must have wanted to really evaluate the lad... I see him Given another shot against Togo... unless Rohr wanna test out some of those who will actually execute the game against South Africa.... (ofcos I hope Onyekuru is among those Rohr is saying, "I am gonna invite him for the game against the southies"wink.

So biko... we can all cut Henry some slack....

And hey! Henry's transfer situation nko?? So many clubs circling around him but nothing solid in terms of where he is going to end up by the end of the window... well... time will tell... market is open till sept.2-3 wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:53am On May 29, 2017
Official : Nigeria International Goalkeeper Agrees Three-Year Deal With Hapoel Hadera

Nigeria international goalkeeper Austin Ejide has agreed a three-year deal with newly promoted Israeli Liga Leumit outfit Hapoel Hadera.

The former Gabros International star disappeared from the radar after he departed Hapoel Beer Sheva at the end of the 2014-2015 season.

Regarded as one of the best goalkeepers to play in Israel, Ejide has also represented Hapoel Petah Tikva, and lists SC Bastia and étoile Sportive du Sahel among his former clubs.

He was selected to represent Nigeria at three World Cups but was not in action in any of their matches.

Hapoel Hadera are returning to the second tier after a twenty-year absence.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : fifa.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23211

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:03am On May 29, 2017
FCIU gini?? Bia Sir Joebie.... nwokem no let me vex on top ya head oooo.... which kain rough play be that one naa... angry

Nigeria's hottest teen star in Europe to FCIU.... nna eh... angry

no let me call sango and amadioha combo for you oooo.... angry

And yeah... Odey had a good game too ooo... he came and within minutes, he forced the Corsican keeper into a good stop. Penneteau caught it shaa... he didn't parry it. Another chance also saw Odey blast wide off a smart Iheanacho pass. In all, Odey gave a decent account of himself....

But seriously, The interests for Onyekuru... where do you think he should head to? Arsenal? West Ham? Dortmund? Gladbach? Everton? u know the rest...

For Iheanacho... it smells like it could be West Ham or maybe we are in for a little twist and shocker.... coz the likes of Dortmund, Hoffenheim, Leicester, Everton, West Bromwich Albion, Southampton etc all regiatered firm interests in Nacho... some are at the stage of bidding sef... but still nothing concrete from that end.... Abeg make them wrap up this thing biko... Nacho has to head back to camp and join up ahead of the South Africa Afcon qualifiers game. angry

But I trust his travel back to England from France for transfer talks with man city and his suitors will yield something good in the end...

Joebie:
Ok good one. Why is no one talking about Odey?

As regards Onyekuru and Kelechi's many interests rumors. It's one thing to signify interest, it's yet another to put forward a formal bid. Let's hear of who is bidding. In fact I heard Ifeanyi Ubah FC is interested in Onyekuru
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:33am On May 29, 2017
Remember Godwin Obaje? One-time or two-time Super Eagles Invitee..... Another for the CHAN Eagles.... wink

And there is another name that sticks out nicely as he has been on form in the ongoing NPFL season.... "King Osanga".... he was a key member of that 2007 Fifa U-17 World cup winning side. How time flies....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obaje’s brace seals 2-0 win for FC Ifeanyiubah
By China Acheru

Godwin Obaje scored a goal in each half to hand his club, FC Ifeanyiubah a comfortable 2-0 win over Kano Pillars on Sunday.

In the 13th minute, Godwin Obaje connected a low cross from King Osanga and his carefully weighted shot found the top left corner for the first goal of the game.

And just a minute after kickoff for the 2nd half, it was Obaje who tried to square the ball in the Kano Pillars penalty area before Alassan Ibrahim handled it for a penalty which he got up to tuck home for his brace and the second goal of the game.

Kano Pillars put up such a big fight in the first half and were unlucky not to get on the score sheet at least four times.

But before Obaje’s first goal, both sides had tried shots on target and on goal but to no avail.

As early as the 3rd minute, Valentine Nwabili tried his luck from distance but it was easily saved by David Obiazo.
Pillars returned fire two minutes later as Alassan Ibrahim attacked and crossed into the box but Bamba Drissa was on hand to cuddle the cross like a baby.

It was Pascal Seka’s turn to get on the statistics sheet as he tried a shot from distance in the 10th minute but it went wide.
Three minutes after the opener, it was new boy, Nyima Nwangwa whose fancy footwork on the right created space for him to cross to Sikiru Kamal but his shot was tipped to corner by Drissa Bamba.

Drissa Bamba was called into action again in the 26th minute when a 30-yard shot from Rabiu Ali rattled him but he recovered on time to stop it from going in.

A minute later it was Bamba again as he stopped Rabiu Ali’s header off Nafiu Kabuga’s cross but Nyima Nwangwa headed the rebound wide.

In the midst of the Kano Pillars siege on the home team’s penalty area, Godwin Obaje had a chance to make it 2-0 when he connected a low cross from Seka Pascal in a counterattack but jabbed wide from inside the six yard box.

It was Rabiu Ali again on the prowl in the 36th minute but his weak effort was stopped by Drissa Bamba.

Just before half time, Godwin Obaje had another chance at goal but he shot wide.

FC Ifeanyiubah coach, Yaw Preko was very delighted at the performance of his side in the first half of the game.

“The first half was a bit shaky for us at the back and we were able to hold them back in the second half.
“They had chances in the second half but my defenders recovered quickly and we were able to close up the back,” Preko told npfl.ng.

In the second half it seemed the Kano Pillars team went to sleep, something coach Ibrahim Musa blamed on the fasting period which just began.

“Eighty percent of my players are fasting and it affected them in the second half. I am sure by the time they get used to it, second half performances will improve,” Musa said.

FC Ifeanyiubah started the second half on a roll getting a penalty which was converted by Godwin Obaje immediately after the restart but somehow could not capitalise on the lethargy shown by the Kano Pillars players.

Pillars still had their chances, though as Rabiu Ali and Alassan Ibrahim combined well in the 50th minute but Alassan’s final effort went wide.

Big centre-back, Stephen Eze had a chance to make it 3-0 but his free header from a King Osanga corner kick in the 57th minute went hopelessly wide.

Maamo Joseph also put some pressure on the Pillars team in the 67th minute when a sublime run and cross was headed out to safety by Jamil Jamil.

With a little over an hour played, King Osanga’s emphatic cross from the right was cleared for a corner by Jamiu Alimi as FC Ifeanyiubah continued their search for more goals.

With six minutes left on the clock, an obviously tired Godwin Obaje was freed by Msonter Tony but all he could get was a corner which resulted in a double save by the Pillars’ goalkeeper, David Obiazo, first off the feet of Seka and then Obaje as the away side continued to stop the hosts from getting more goals.

With the win, FC Ifeanyiubah are now unbeaten in eight league games, something that clearly excited Preko.

“It’s good. I am happy about it. It is work in progress and I like it. We have to keep on working and do not have to sleep.

“The most important thing is that we managed to get the three points.

“It is a very difficult league and if you go to bed you will be punished. It almost happened to us. We just won three nill away last week and look at how this game turned out to be,” Preko told npfl.ng.

For the Pillars coach, Ibrahim Musa, he seemed happy with the performance of his team and only blamed spiritual forces for the loss.

“I am okay with the boys and the officiating. The boys played according to instructions just that the god of soccer was not with us. We will go back home and work on the drawing board,” Musa said.

Line-ups

FC Ifeanyiubah: Drissa, Nwabili, Adou, Eze, Maamo, MSonter, Medrano, Osanga, Aggreh, Seka, Obaje

Subs not used: Okafor, Aniyikaye, Elu, Kone

Kano Pillars: Obiazo, Dennis, Aloma, Alimi, Udoji, Kamal, Jamil, Kabuga, Alassan, Ali, Nwagwa

Subs not used: Mohammed, Madaki, Ibrahim, Gyang

Stats

FC Ifeanyiubah 2-0 Kano Pillars

Shots at goal 12-8

Shots on target: 5-4

Fouls committed 14-8

Crosses 8-6

Completed crosses 3-3

Offsides 1-1

Corner kicks 7-2

Man of the match: Godwin Obaje

Source: http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/club-news/2238-obaje-s-brace-seals-2-0-win-for-fc-ifeanyiubah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:47am On May 29, 2017
Mali win African under 17 again... The next generation of Mali players would be really good. In 2013, they were knocked out by Manu's under 17 in the qualifiers but that is perhaps the best under 17, Nigeria has ever produced. Now, they win 2 back to back... I expect Mali to be a force to reckon with, in the next 5 years
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:26am On May 29, 2017
Good for them.... but they will still have Nigeria to contend with even in the next 10 yrs.... wink

They finished 3rd at the last Fifa U-20s in 2015. Finished second at the U-17 World cup in 2015 after conquering Africa. Now at this year's U-20 Afcon, they were knocked out in the first round... now again their U-17 wins the U-17 afcon beating Ghana.

Mali is building a fine pool of talents indeed (Adama Traore, Koita, Aly Malle, Samuel, Almamy Traore, etc) that will rival Nigeria and Senegal in years to come... they will be a force... but you see, I still see Nigeria dominating with Mali and Senegal as Strong and worthy rivals... smiley

tbaba1234:
Mali win African under 17 again... The next generation of Mali players would be really good. In 2013, they were knocked out by Manu's under 17 in the qualifiers but that is perhaps the best under 17, Nigeria has ever produced. Now, they win 2 back to back... I expect Mali to be a force to reckon with, in the next 5 years

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (16354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RichardKajola(m), mank1234(m), ouzo1(m), ddone, Moniter0, shawwal1(m), Charly17(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.