Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11750195 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9950) (9951) (9952) (9953) (9954) (9955) (9956) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
mkrest:

I can guess their age and his ain't that far apart

I say make I set trap

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LittlePogba: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2020
Jonathan David, Victor Oshimen's
replacement, still hasn't score a goal after his £30m move to lille, in a bid to accumulate more money like the £70m Oshimen transfer to Napoli, Lille wasted 30m on a one season wonder in a farmers league, chai bad market.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
elunico:

That man? I don't even know what to say about him anymore, he annoys me.
Not only you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Which football club in Europe awaziem has played as a midfielder ?

You just conclude he will be a better midfielder

Has he played as a midfielder since he arrived Europe at age 18 or so

I need your answers now bro

I haven't watched him in all the teams he has played.

Didn't we see Ndidi play CB at Leicester when called upon? That was his primary position.

Same applies to Awaziem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2020
elunico:

I haven't watched him in all the teams he has played.

Didn't we see Ndidi play CB at Leicester when called upon? That was his primary position.

Same applies to Awaziem.

Awaziem has not played as a midfielder from Porto ,rizespor ,Nantes ,leganes or boavista so you just passed a wrong Info

Because ndidi play CB mean say others fit play midfield from others position ?

Playing CB as a DM is even more easier ,examples like de Jong,busquets ,mascherano

But is Aribo and etebo injured ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
nairalandankrah:

NTAwhen last did they give us a decent news

Try watching NTA international for a day, you'd be shocked at the quality of broadcast you'd see. The only major problem is the camera quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
andrewbaba44:
Ahmed musa and flying eagles

Shebi na ladan bosso be their coach
Wait u mean this are our Flying Eagles players
Wetin Ekaette no go see for Oga bed

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
Eizzy003:

Wait u mean this are our Flying Eagles players
Wetin Ekaette no go see for Oga bed

Smiles.com.ng grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lol na our u20 be dis ..if we talk now they will say they write waec together they write neco together ...all the young talented footballers has been pass for this old men mtcheeew
andrewbaba44:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
If Shehu is coming in to play as a DM, that's fine... After all,that is his natural position...Rohr should have moved him there since Aina and Ebuehi joined the team....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
andrewbaba44:

wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 09, 2020
Icon4s:
NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS AWARDS (NNFF AWARDS), 2020.

The year is gradually winding down.

Awards Committee nominations loading.

Get ready............. smiley

I'm watching semid4lyfe keenly on this one with eagle eye.

Since he refused to promote the previous one to the front arena or page grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 5:32am On Nov 10, 2020
andrewbaba44:
Ahmed Musa and flying eagles

Shebi na Ladan Bosso be their coach

When the tournament starts, commentator will be emphasising on these men ages, you the viewers will be looking at the faces of the men to justify it with their age. The commentator knows the falsity of the ages.

Commentator: he is just 19, so much speed for the young winger. You could see how he dashes on the wings.

You : hmmm Hmm

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 5:40am On Nov 10, 2020
andrewbaba44:

God age cheating will never end in Nigeria this guy should be around 26 but the can't be below 19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:34am On Nov 10, 2020
NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS AWARDS (NNFF AWARDS), 2020.

The year is gradually winding down.

Awards Committee nominations loading.

Get ready............. smiley

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:44am On Nov 10, 2020
Subzero047:

Shehu could not even get into the team in his original position which is right back,it is as a DM that he will excel in the team? besides we have Luke Amos, Alhassan Yusuf and Nwakali even Oforborh that he could invite

This has nepotism written all over it

Chairman, this is not a friendly game, there are di many new Players in the team already. For a game like this Shehu Abdullahi is very much capable.

Secondly, Shehu's original position is DM, he was only a make-shift right back.

And did I see you say "Nepotism"? How? I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:48am On Nov 10, 2020
Odunayaw:
Ogbeni cut the garbage. Shehu hasn't impressed in any position as you'd have us believe

Then you probably didn't watch the 2018 WC Qualifiers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:54am On Nov 10, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

Try watching NTA international for a day, you'd be shocked at the quality of broadcast you'd see. The only major problem is the camera quality.

That Camera quality alone is enough to negate any so called quality thing they are showing. Station that would be showing Cassava planting during the ENDSARS Protests. The only time this year I really sat down to watch NTA was during Buhari's ENDSARS speech. I was so shocked they are still showing the same National anthem video they have been showing since I was a kid.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2020
Edopesin:

wink

These players are over 20 years of age, what is wrong with our local coaches?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 7:15am On Nov 10, 2020
Karlovich:
These players are over 20 years of age, what is wrong with our local coaches?

I think they feel taking over-age players increases their chances of impressing at the tournament
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2020
No update on our match cryNo update on our match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 7:24am On Nov 10, 2020
Super Eagles need 15 players to escape CAF disqualification By Alex Monye | 10 November 2020 | 4:16 am The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) is working round the clock to ensure it has the complete number of players for the African Cup of Nations qualifier against Sierra Leone to avoid falling foul of a new Confederation of African Football (CAF) rule. The match against the Leone Stars will hold in Benin on Friday. CAF at the weekend ruled that any team that failed to fulfill an Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixture between November 11 and 17 would be handed a 2-0 defeat. It said a team must have at least 15 players – 11 starters plus four substitutes – for a AFCON qualifier to go ahead. The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) invited 23 players for the game against Sierra Leone, but a recent decision by European countries to shut their borders due to a new spike in the spread of COVID-19 has made it difficult for some of the players to arrive in Nigeria for the game.

Reacting to the directive, NFF Media Director, Ademola Olajire, said the federation may resort to Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) players if the overseas-based stars failed to make the trip to Benin. “We are not at that juncture yet. I have no way of reading the coach’s mind on that option,” he declared. CAF’s recent guidelines on teams in the AFCON qualifier series is based on fears that the coronavirus pandemic could affect some of the 48 matchday three and four qualifiers to be played over seven days from tomorrow. Four international friendlies involving African countries were cancelled last month – two in Portugal, one in Turkey and one in Senegal – because of COVID-19.

Super Eagles Media Officer, Femi Raji, yesterday morning revealed that five of the players arrived have arrived in camp, adding that more were still being expected. Among the early birds are Kelechi Iheanacho, Oghenekaro Etebo, Maduka Okoye, Ahmed Musa and Paul Onuachu. Meanwhile, CAF has categorically stated that no journalists or supporters would be allowed inside the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin City for the AFCON qualifier. CAF instructed, under Media Operations, that there would be no mixed zone, virtual press conference only if possible (media officers from both teams only), and that only the TV channels with the rights will be allowed flash interviews. Also, only photographers of participating teams would be allowed at the match. The above puts to rest all previous speculations regarding having spectators at the match venue, and whether members of the media would be allowed into the arena. NFF’s Director of Competitions, Bola Oyeyode yesterday said only individuals accredited by the NFF would be allowed inside the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium for the Day 3 qualifier, which will kick off at 5.00 pm Nigeria time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:44am On Nov 10, 2020
Alfryd:
Super Eagles need 15
players to escape CAF
disqualification
By Alex Monye | 10 November 2020 |
4:16 am
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) is
working round the clock to ensure it
has the complete number of players for
the African Cup of Nations qualifier
against Sierra Leone to avoid falling
foul of a new Confederation of African
Football (CAF) rule. The match against
the Leone Stars will hold in Benin on
Friday.
CAF at the weekend ruled that any
team that failed to fulfill an Africa Cup
of Nations qualifying fixture between
November 11 and 17 would be handed a
2-0 defeat. It said a team must have at
least 15 players – 11 starters plus four
substitutes – for a AFCON qualifier to go
ahead.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF)
invited 23 players for the game against
Sierra Leone, but a recent decision by
European countries to shut their
borders due to a new spike in the
spread of COVID-19 has made
it difficult for some of the players to
arrive in Nigeria for the game.

Reacting to the directive, NFF Media
Director, Ademola Olajire, said the
federation may resort to Nigerian
Professional Football League (NPFL)
players if the overseas-based stars
failed to make the trip to Benin.
“We are not at that juncture yet. I have
no way of reading the coach’s mind on
that option,” he declared.
CAF’s recent guidelines on teams in the
AFCON qualifier series is based on fears
that the coronavirus pandemic could
affect some of the 48 matchday three
and four qualifiers to be played over
seven days from tomorrow.
Four international friendlies involving
African countries were cancelled last
month – two in Portugal, one in Turkey
and one in Senegal – because of
COVID-19.

Super Eagles Media Officer, Femi Raji,
yesterday morning revealed that five of
the players arrived have arrived in
camp, adding that more were still being
expected.
Among the early birds are Kelechi
Iheanacho, Oghenekaro Etebo, Maduka
Okoye, Ahmed Musa and Paul Onuachu.
Meanwhile, CAF has categorically stated
that no journalists or supporters would
be allowed inside the Samuel
Ogbemudia Stadium, Benin City for the
AFCON qualifier.
CAF instructed, under Media
Operations, that there would be no
mixed zone, virtual press conference
only if possible (media officers from
both teams only), and that only the TV
channels with the rights will be allowed
flash interviews. Also, only
photographers of participating teams
would be allowed at the match.
The above puts to rest all previous
speculations regarding having
spectators at the match venue, and
whether members of the media would
be allowed into the arena.
NFF’s Director of Competitions, Bola
Oyeyode yesterday said only individuals
accredited by the NFF would be
allowed inside the Samuel Ogbemudia
Stadium for the Day 3 qualifier, which
will kick off at 5.00 pm Nigeria time.
no fans inside the stadium,? This is absolutely rubbish angry sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:58am On Nov 10, 2020
So the match won't be aired on television?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:32am On Nov 10, 2020
M7even:

When the tournament starts, commentator will be emphasising on these men ages, you the viewers will be looking at the faces of the men to justify it with their age. The commentator knows the falsity of the ages.

Commentator: he is just 19, so much speed for the young winger. You could see how he dashes on the wings.

You : hmmm Hmm

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:38am On Nov 10, 2020
Icon4s:

Chairman, this is not a friendly game, there are di many new Players in the team already. For a game like this Shehu Abdullahi is very much capable.

Secondly, Shehu's original position is DM, he was only a make-shift right back.

And did I see you say "Nepotism"? How? I don't understand.

Shehu has been played many times in the team and found non capable, what makes him capable now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 10, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Ajayi was never a midfielder so spare him

Shehu na midfielder ba ?

He started off as a DMF
he has been always been a midfielder...but a makeshift RB even during training he plays more as a DMF than RB...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2020
smartsmith0907:

He started off as a DMF
he has been always been a midfielder...but a makeshift RB even during training he plays more as a DMF than RB...

Hmmm okay o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 9:17am On Nov 10, 2020
mkrest:

I think they feel taking over-age players increases their chances of impressing at the tournament
This is very bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 9:46am On Nov 10, 2020
Arabiandude:

My brother, nothing, absolutely nothing.
Shehu is not known to be good at anything, that makes him special compared to any of his team mates
Common now Shehu have Post a Man of the match performance for Nigeria Previously, playing as a RB... you can't say he his not known for anything good, i differ on that... But he has dropped form no thanks to his club issues... But for me I don't thinks he is that bad as painted here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LittlePogba: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2020
LittlePogba:

Jonathan David, Victor Oshimen's replacement, still hasn't score a goal after his £30m move to lille, in a bid to accumulate more money like the £70m Oshimen transfer to Napoli, Lille wasted 30m on a one season wonder in a farmers league, chai bad market.

after 13 games, 0 goal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2020
Joebie:
So let me announce to my well wishers that my bouncing baby boy was born on Nov 3rd thereby bouncing Trump from the white house grin

Congratulations smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (9950) (9951) (9952) (9953) (9954) (9955) (9956) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.