Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11691060 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) (5090) (5091) (5092) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:50am On Nov 14, 2018
As per playing surface, i mean pitch, and maintaince,

there is a certain man named, PAUL DANJUMA, from the north,
he is being in charge of the Ibb golf course,

so i wanna ask, is there a diffence between, tje pitch of a golf course, and a normal football pitch

cc: tbaba1234, icon4s, joebie, chriskel, thesupernard, krattose, and others
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:30am On Nov 14, 2018
junnyjake:

$25,000 for each goal And you think this isn't motivation enough for that white-beard-herbalist-looking-potbellied FA president of ours to insist on the Asaba match venue?

Haba shocked. This is too much. Must everything always resort to insults? undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2018
oloriooko:
Udinese gets a new coach, I hope this is not the end to regular playtime for Ekong

Ekong has been excellent this season. He'll be fine.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2018
Claudio Ranieri is Fulham’s new boss. Awaziem to Fulham in future, maybe?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:48am On Nov 14, 2018
Lol the point is, Paul Danjuma is possibly one exception as regards our mentainence culture, golf, football or whatever.

do4luv14:

so i wanna ask, is there a diffence between, tje pitch of a golf course, and a normal football pitch

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:49am On Nov 14, 2018
Kai make we expect old papas as usual
Icon4s:

They should be hitting camp any time soonest. The competition would be played by predominantly home based Flying Eagles. Assembling them would not be a problem more so as the league is on break. So, full close camping.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:53am On Nov 14, 2018
You tried to use the report of La Liga to play league games USA to buttress your idea of how bosses run things. Have you done a thorough research about the issues that have arisen from this plan?

Modified
Read this link.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/spanish-primera-division/story/3607083/la-liga-players-unanimously-against-game-in-us-and-cant-rule-out-strike?platform=amp

I have more links for you to show you that the opinions of players, fans etc do matter actually.

krattoss:
let me tell u, in football world as far as I know. The board and technical directors cares less about what the fans says and has to say.
They only care on what boosts their funds, legacies and interests. Any other thing is hogwash.
In other aspects, fields and management, I don't know.
But as far as football is concerned, the fans are just like mkpara ejiri bia ije(walking stick that is used to attend an occasion).

None of their opinions counts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:02am On Nov 14, 2018
Yes you can add more to the list, but u know I’m referring to the Koko — what you call “free money”. Na that one carry weight pass. Let’s not deceive ourself. I like your choice of terminology. You sabi cover dirty.

tbaba1234:

There are a lot of other expenses. Hotel accommodation, transport, etc plus free money..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 11:41am On Nov 14, 2018
COOL10:

Haba shocked. This is too much. Must everything always resort to insults? undecided

I just tire for people. Can't people pass across their thoughts without insults?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2018
Icon4s:
Nigeria paired in Group B with Ghana, Benin and Niger for the WAFU U20 tournament commencing on 6th December, 2018 in Togo.

CAF has started again...they did this at under 17....now at under 20....senior world cup qualifiers..the same thing will happen...anyway i hope two will come out of this group?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2018
Clementoke:

I just tire for people. Can't people pass across their thoughts without insults?

Maybe he has a personal beef with Pinnick. Even at that,calling him 'white-beard-herbalist-looking-potbellied FA president'? That's just too much.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
Joebie:
Claudio Ranieri is Fulham’s new boss. Awaziem to Fulham in future, maybe?

Wow. God forgive me,but anytime I see Slavisa Jokanovic's face,I can't help but think that he was prolly a hitman in his former life grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
krattoss:
I could recount little or none of that incident maybe because ain't yet a football addict then.
But then it wasn't only nigeria playing in that pitch, the Angolans were also playing there and as far as I am concerned, it was a 50-50 battle.
Carry today mancity come for maidugiri, they I'll still knock u ball until u believe. They won Tottenham on NFL used wembley some weeks ago.
We won seychelles on their potato farm pitch. Same with libya. Even the Algiers has to rely on last minute penalty to salvage a draw on their bumpy backyard pitch.
The best always wins irrespective of the pitch of play.

please don't try pad the truth....

I remember prior Nigeria vs Angola match in kano 2006 world cup qualifier... yobo during the team training right on NTA sport news I watch him complain of the weather being too hot...
the angolans you reference players are predominantly Africa based......so the weather wasn't new to them.

you trying to borrow an excuse from the match against Seychelles...mind you those players are basically amateurs...and moreover even through we won that match...that day....the bad pitch tell on the players...that day.

the pitch and weather in the north...ain't favourably for now. matches should be played there @night if need be.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
gamaliel9:

CAF has started again...they did this at under 17....now at under 20....senior world cup qualifiers..the same thing will happen...anyway i hope two will come out of this group?

This is just a WAFU tournament, not a qualifier to African youth championship which flying Eagles had qualified for already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2018
gamaliel9:

No-no-no. This is not any qualifiers. It is just a competition for WAFU member nations to prepare their teams adequately for the AYC. 5 out of the 8 teams to participate at the AYC are under WAFU

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
Icon4s:

No-no-no. This is not any qualifiers. It is just a competition for WAFU member nations to prepare their teams adequately for the AYC. 5 out of the 8 teams to participate at the AYC are under WAFU

@opes..thanks..very good[one watford guy called Benneths is coming to train with flying eagles].i was already seeing a difficult group...Its good...West Africa always represent well at world stage. Has Aigbogun made his list open?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
COOL10:

He don't have white beards?

He don't have no pot belly?

He don't look like a herbalist?

How does my description of his physical attributes gets interpreted as insults?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2018
Humility017:

you want them to take the match to kaduna?
or kastina with their synthentic pitch....

please the weather and the stadia in the north are not better off...

You don't get my point. I'm saying that the cash incentive from the Delta state government isn't the main reason the team is in Asaba. other state govt have offered the team money in the past... if we had good stadiums all over the country, rohr won't be deciding where we will play... there's nothing wrong in playing in the north...we are in Africa !! the weather here isn't and can never be like that of Europe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

Gov Udom offered more money when we played our WCQ in Uyo . The truth is that there are only few stadiums in this country with decent pitches . The Uyo stadium itself isn't in good shape. its been overused. Add to the fact that its election time...

For the past five years now most of the super eagles games have been played in the south south. its not good enough for us...

The Asaba stadium is now in better shape than the Uyo stadium?

Isn't it also election time in Delta state?

I know we lack quality stadiums across the country, but we've got one that's better than the rest. The Lagos stadium is being renovated to see that it hosts the SE matches, when that happens, we'd have one more, but till then...

We just can't for the sake of rotation of match venues, play our matches in a farmland, any governor interested in having the SE play home matches in his state should invest in the quality of their pitches, instead of wasting money per goals scored by players who are paid by both their clubs and the FA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2018
Humility017:

it is so.unfortunate....just pray pinnick don't go destroy the reputation and pedigree he has built over the years....just like the outsted Ghana FA chairman...and Amos Adamu.

it will be so embarrassing....for him to halt his progress in the management of football all because of some kickbacks and greasing of palms.

I don't know why the black man is so greedy and self centered...even with his salary currently...it is enough to make investments for him and his generations to come....

Never can tell, he might have achieved what he might have set out to achieve, getting anything else, might just be considered extra.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2018
junnyjake:

I know we lack quality stadiums across the country, but we've got one that's better than the rest. The Lagos stadium is being renovated to see that it hosts the SE matches, when that happens, we'd have one more, but till then...

We just can't for the sake of rotation of match venues, play our matches in a farmland, any governor interested in having the SE play home matches in his state should invest in the quality of their pitches, instead of wasting money per goals scored by players who are paid by both their clubs and the FA.

if u have a recent picture of the Uyo stadium...post it here and let's see...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2018
eterisan:
If my memory serves me well, the last two times we played in the North the results were bad. Against Angola world cup qualifier and against Egypt. Weather in the North does not favour our foreign based players. So let's not even go there.

Jos would have been the best, weather here is cool but not as cold as before.

And there are no plans of building stadiums in the coldest part of the state because they are villages.

Even the stadium currently under construction in town, I think it's synthetic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2018
COOL10:

Wow. God forgive me,but anytime I see Slavisa Jokanovic's face,I can't help but think that he was prolly a hitman in his former life grin.

What about that Russian national team coach?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2018
was just about to ask him the exact same question. Mr Komekn how much do you know of the kid? do you reckon he would be a steal? little i read of him on the watford website it seems the boy is a creative type future AM or CM?

FAMILY247:
Komekn please do you know of jayden Bennetts he plays for Watford U-18, I read he was allowed by his club to come to the Nigeria U-20 camp in Abuja.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
junnyjake:

What about that Russian national team coach?

Lol,I remember that man. Some people just have natural scary looking faces. Even his smile was scary grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
krattoss:
let me tell u, in football world as far as I know. The board and technical directors cares less about what the fans says and has to say.
They only care on what boosts their funds, legacies and interests. Any other thing is hogwash.
In other aspects, fields and management, I don't know.
But as far as football is concerned, the fans are just like mkpara ejiri bia ije(walking stick that is used to attend an occasion).

None of their opinions counts.

one fan's opinion might count for little or nothing, but never underestimate the power of an organized union of fans.

You think the SA FA is finding it easy with the way their fans are boycotting their matches? You think the players are having fun playing in an empty stadium on a matchday, not training?

You think the patronage of fans just stops at the buying match tickets? How do you think brands select clubs to sponsor? Don't you think that putting their brands in front of a massive but organized crowd extends their visibility?

Why do you think our government(s) past and present dread the possibility of their subjects uniting? They've long sown seed of discord between us to see that we never unite and as a result we are exploited.

So, I disagree with you, the opinion of the fans really do matter.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

if u have a recent picture of the Uyo stadium...post it here and let's see...

I don't have it, and if it's worse than the Asaba stadium, then I'd rest my case.

Pinnick's response to why the team is training and the hosting of the Ugandan friendly is what's putting me on the edge.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
real disgrace that we are taking our training and uganda friendly match to that potato patch all in the name of politics. it makes it even more annoying when you hear that the asaba stadium is supposed to be brand new. plus this annoying habit of governors dashing unaccounted money to national teams all in the name of ''motivation'' needs to be interrogated. heard okowa is even owing warri wolves players yet $25000 to do photo op materialized. smh our leaders we will overcome sha

junnyjake:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
chrisooblog:
real disgrace that we are taking our training and uganda friendly match to that potato patch all in the name of politics. it makes it even more annoying when you hear that the asaba stadium is supposed to be brand new. plus this annoying habit of governors dashing unaccounted money to national teams all in the name of ''motivation'' needs to be interrogated. heard okowa is even owing warri wolves players yet $25000 to do photo op materialized. smh our leaders we will overcome sha

Seriously!!

This motivation stuff makes me sick, it makes the players not look professionals, more like mercenaries.

How far that $25,000 would go in maintaining the grass on that pitch.

But I guess maintenance is a term that's inexistent in the Nigerian dictionary.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
COOL10:

Lol,I remember that man. Some people just have natural scary looking faces. Even his smile was scary grin

Hehehe!

His swagger was what concerns me the most.

He be looking like some Russian gangsta.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2018
do4luv14:

The word groundsman does not exist in Nigeria. All it takes is to run a lawn mower over the pitch. They can even design it how they want this is not rocket science I could even do it myself with a mower.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) (5090) (5091) (5092) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), hatakekakashi and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.