Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692564 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5650) (5651) (5652) (5653) (5654) (5655) (5656) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2019
andrew444:

My guy you don start abi? so you wan use one game judge onuachu? just as EEGA use judge onyekuru?

One game was used to judge Nwakaeme

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:28am On Mar 24, 2019
Earthquake2:

One game was used to judge Nwakaeme

Hope you know am not among them?

Nwakaeme is a good player that was not given a chance, nobody dey even check update about the guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:45am On Mar 24, 2019
Humility017:

no wonder that's why you quote Oga Micheal... that's why he asked if you're new here...

He is the thread technical adviser...he can hardly be pleased...
so just let him say his mind... I was patiently waiting for his comment... because if those guys play yesterday could offend many here... Then it will surely annoys and irritate oga micheal

grin grin grin what's wrong with wanting a little bit of perfection or at least close to it? Perfection is relative, the perfection you can achieve with our team is not the same that you can achieve with.... Say Senegal because they have better players. But I think that the players we have currently van perform way better than we have been performing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

So for your mind, shouting is an indication of good leadership skills?.

Odiegwu.
Try read think b4 you talk na
Read it again but slowly this time around
You will eventually get it wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 12:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
andrew444:

My guy you don start abi? so you wan use one game judge onuachu? just as EEGA use judge onyekuru?

Even going by the video highlights of Onuachu (which was suppose to be a collection of his best performance in his career so far) that I watched, I wasn't overly impressed. Not expecting much from him in the GWG.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
Clementoke:

Even going by the video highlights of Onuachu (which was suppose to be a collection of his best performance in his career so far) that I watched, I wasn't overly impressed. Not expecting much from him in the GWG.

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
Why is no one talking about basel's Noah Okafor? Bobo na promising baller oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2019
Basel's highly-rated Switzerland youth international winger Noah Okafor is interesting Manchester City.

The Daily Express says City are keen on Okafor, who only made his first team debut at the end of last season after he impressed in a youth tournament.

Okafor, 18, who is of Nigerian heritage, signed his first professional contract last January and is under contract until 2023.

City, who are facing a two window transfer ban from FIFA over alleged breaches of the third party ownership rules, face competition for Okafor.

German giants Borussia Dortmund and Italian outfit Inter Milan have also been impressed by scouting

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/basel-winger-noah-okafor-interesting-man-city-borussia-dortmund-4274016#YlhbPjxUPcxQlKXa.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
Manchester City are tracking Switzerland youngster Francis Cagigao, according to The Express.
The 18-year-old winger has made 19 appearances this season for FC Basel, where he is contracted until 2023.
Pep Guardiola's side have been monitoring his progress despite the prospect of a transfer ban for the next two windows.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Just saw news at goal.com that the bigger boys are interested in him .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2019
andrew444:

Just saw news at goal.com that the bigger boys are interested in him .

"Interested". Pessin wey Dem go ship out on loan. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2019
Dortmund wants Arinzechukwu Okafor, otherwise known as Noah, as a like for like repp for Christian Pulisic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
heard he is interested in playing for 9ja
ChrisKels:
Dortmund wants Arinzechukwu Okafor, otherwise known as Noah, as a like for like repp for Christian Pulisic.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2019
Icon4s:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2019
ChrisKels:

Me waiting for chrskels to convert this one to one of his boys

Chriskels never fails

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:

there is no need bro. ...we are going to loose him..
Austria don't have so much players like that. ..the NFF is too slow to beat such a nation for a player of that kind....

so ABEG relax....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
heard he is interested in playing for 9ja
Bro...forget it the NFF is too slow except rohr take it upon himself..
Austria gonna invite him to the main national team immediately should this move materialise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2019
Icon4s:

don't say so...it is because you don't know him. I see him as next alaba.... should he play for Austra...it will be a plus for them. the boy will be a great player mark these words
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2019
austria ke!
Humility017:

there is no need bro. ...we are going to loose him..
Austria don't have so much players like that. ..the NFF is too slow to beat such a nation for a player of that kind....

so ABEG relax....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2019
andrew444:
Manchester City are tracking Switzerland youngster Francis Cagigao, according to The Express.
The 18-year-old winger has made 19 appearances this season for FC Basel, where he is contracted until 2023.
Pep Guardiola's side have been monitoring his progress despite the prospect of a transfer ban for the next two windows.
is he a Nigerian?

the NFF really have so much job to do..
you have to act fast in the speed of light to beat nations like Switzerland, Austria etc for players. ...of this kind
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
charlesemeka85:
austria ke!
ohhh Switzerland rather...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
Mickael2:

grin grin grin what's wrong with wanting a little bit of perfection or at least close to it? Perfection is relative, the perfection you can achieve with our team is not the same that you can achieve with.... Say Senegal because they have better players. But I think that the players we have currently van perform way better than we have been performing.

you're right bro....
but that pitch was an eyesore....
I just don't understand why can't pinnick and his gang just do the right thing....
that warri stadium is not good enough.... do this governors watch football at all?
does that stadium look like the ones he do watch on TV whenever his favorite European team play?

Okowa is just annoying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
Humility017:

is he a Nigerian?

the NFF really have so much job to do..
you have to act fast in the speed of light to beat nations like Switzerland, Austria etc for players. ...of this kind

Yes o he his nigerian
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2019
Bolowolowo:

grin grin grin grin

We want to keep bringing Super Eagles to Asaba – Okowa

Friday, March 22, 2019 5:05 am

Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State

Tonobok Okowa, the Chairman of Delta Sports Commission, says the state will be delighted to continuously have the Super Eagles play their matches in Asaba.

Okowa told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Asaba that the team’s handlers seemed comfortable with the Delta capital city’s hosting capabilities and facilities.

“The state government has not influenced it in any way.

“The choice of Asaba by the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) may be out of the fact that the state has successfully hosted other international matches and that the facilities are good.

“The state government has not really done any form of pushing to continue to host the matches in Asaba, but if the state has the option, it will grab it.

“We want to keep bringing them (the Eagles) back because we want to always put the stadium into use and our people love to have them here,’’ he said.

The Delta sports official pointed out that Asaba was well situated and bordered by states such as Edo, Anambra and several others.

“I guess the NFF loves what we have here and the first time we ever hosted an event for them was the Aiteo Cup.

“I am sure they (NFF) loved the turnout of people and the crowd was overwhelming. This may be why they are coming back.

“The city’s location is strategic and I know that they will always want to use this place and we will be obliged to be giving it to them at all times,” he said.

Okowa assured that every arrangement to successfully host the three international matches slated for Friday and next week at the Keshi Stadium had been concluded.

He added that they expected to have a surge of spectators.

“Here, we are talking about two international matches between Nigeria’s Super Eagles and Seychelles coming up on Friday, the Super Eagles’ friendly with Egypt and the Nigeria Under-23 team’s fixture against Libya next week.

“We want people to come out and cheer them, but we guess we will have a surge. However, we have put mechanism in place to control the crowd and the traffic will be put under check throughout the period of the match.

“We have a good security architecture in place to manage the situation,” he said.
the governor of awka Ibom should please come to our rescue..... this okowa is becoming annoying...his mate in awka Ibom is building world class stadium and even got a state airway working....he is busy boasting of potato pitch

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2019
Where is that moniker that is awed by Ivory Coast? Food is ready
Let him or her enjoy these scorelines

U23

Niger 1-2 Ivory Coast

Afcon

Ivory Coast 3-0 Rwanda

Meanwhile u23 again

Ghana 4-0 Gabon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
andrew444:

Yes o he his nigerian
we may loose him...Switzerland does not have too much players like that...
any glimpse of light nah they will call up to the national team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
Humility017:

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
Humility017:

Rohr is too slow

He has not called up Ebere Eze, Ejaria and co since
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2019
shocked
Bolowolowo:

grin grin grin grin

We want to keep bringing Super Eagles to Asaba – Okowa

Friday, March 22, 2019 5:05 am

Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State

Tonobok Okowa, the Chairman of Delta Sports Commission, says the state will be delighted to continuously have the Super Eagles play their matches in Asaba.

Okowa told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Asaba that the team’s handlers seemed comfortable with the Delta capital city’s hosting capabilities and facilities.

“The state government has not influenced it in any way.

“The choice of Asaba by the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) may be out of the fact that the state has successfully hosted other international matches and that the facilities are good.

“The state government has not really done any form of pushing to continue to host the matches in Asaba, but if the state has the option, it will grab it.

“We want to keep bringing them (the Eagles) back because we want to always put the stadium into use and our people love to have them here,’’ he said.

The Delta sports official pointed out that Asaba was well situated and bordered by states such as Edo, Anambra and several others.

“I guess the NFF loves what we have here and the first time we ever hosted an event for them was the Aiteo Cup.

“I am sure they (NFF) loved the turnout of people and the crowd was overwhelming. This may be why they are coming back.

“The city’s location is strategic and I know that they will always want to use this place and we will be obliged to be giving it to them at all times,” he said.

Okowa assured that every arrangement to successfully host the three international matches slated for Friday and next week at the Keshi Stadium had been concluded.

He added that they expected to have a surge of spectators.

“Here, we are talking about two international matches between Nigeria’s Super Eagles and Seychelles coming up on Friday, the Super Eagles’ friendly with Egypt and the Nigeria Under-23 team’s fixture against Libya next week.

“We want people to come out and cheer them, but we guess we will have a surge. However, we have put mechanism in place to control the crowd and the traffic will be put under check throughout the period of the match.

“We have a good security architecture in place to manage the situation,” he said.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2019
South Africans must be praying now. The deciding of their fate starts by 6pm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2019
Amunike and Tanzania will play their crunch match by 4pm. I wish him the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2019
Sadiq Slams Gerrard Over Poor Treatment During Loan Spell With Rangers

Adeboye Amosu

Complete Sports

Umar Sadiq has sensationally claimed Rangers still owe him money from his time on loan at the club.

The Ibrox loan flop had his season long loan spell cut short in December and isn’t impressed by how he was treated by the club.

And Sadiq has also revealed he was fined £20,000 by the club over a social media post during his time in Glasgow.

The Nigerian is currently out on loan at Perugia in Serie B after returning to parent club Roma.

It was a nightmare six months for him in Glasgow as he joined the club but played just five times and making one start.

That came in the 1-0 defeat to Aberdeen in the Betfred Cup semi-final and Steven Gerrard had earlier criticised the big forward for his performances in training and insisted he wasn’t capable of starting for the club.

He was forced to play him with Kyle Lafferty cup-tied and Alfredo Morelos suspended and was slammed by fans after the game.

But Sadiq insists Rangers withheld money due to him in December despite his loan spell ending early in the month.

“All of a sudden, I was told that I could not use the first-team dressing room any more. Instead, I had to go change with the kids. Then after a few days I was also forbidden to park my car inside the training centre,”he told the Sunday Post.

“I felt humiliated and kept asking what was the reason for the change of attitude but I never received any answers.

“Gerrard wouldn’t give any explanation about it, neither to me nor my representatives. I believe absolutely that I was not given a fair chance to show what I can do. They made me feel like a stranger. I started only once and that was when there were no other strikers available.

“For me everything went wrong after they brought in another striker. Once I put a ‘like’ on Instagram to a post from a fan and I was fined £20,000 which was absurd. And Rangers didn’t even pay me up everything I was due. They still have to give me my salary for December.”

But while the 22-year-old isn’t overly happy with Gerrard, and admitted he doesn’t care how the club do on the pitch, he revealed there is one player he will keep an eye out for in the future.

He added: “I honestly don’t care how they do. As long as I was a Rangers player, I behaved like a professional, giving everything I could of myself to the shirt but now I don’t want to hear about them and what they are doing anymore.

“In my opinion, they behaved in a disrespectful way to me, both as a player and as a person. When it ended, Steven Gerrard didn’t even have the courage to talk to me and tell me what was happening face-to-face.

“One man I do wish all the cluck and success to in the future is Alfredo Morelos. He was my fellow striker, and I felt good with him during the time I was in Scotland. I would say that he is a very good player and an exceptional guy. He will be one of the few that I will follow with affection.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (5650) (5651) (5652) (5653) (5654) (5655) (5656) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Macaranta23, comodo and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.