Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

" I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? (17744 Views)

The Job Factory / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Message I Received From N-power What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by 0955eb027(m): 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
Only GOD knows.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by sonflex: 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA.MY DEAR DNT BE SCARED OWK.I'LL GET BACK TO YOU IS SIMPLY DAT DEA ARE PROCESSING THE TOTAL PERFORMANCE AND URS IS AMONG IT.I ALSO RECEIVE DAT WIA AM WORKING NW.AND WITHIN A MONTH I WAS CALL TO RESUME WORK.GOOD LUCK[color=#770077][/color]
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by jemype(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
Richydos:

Ahn Do u even take time to think b4 u talk?
Or lemme guess u talk b4 u think.... U sound so pathetic n lack a moral conscience.
lol. Dont mind me bro jus jokinng around sorry no need to take it personal grin
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by chinnasa: 2:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
ALL RESPONSES ABOVE SOUND OK BUT I WISH ASK WHAT IF ONE HAS BEING INTERVIEWED 3 TIMES BY THREE DIFFERENT LEVEL OF MANAGERS IN THE SAME COMPANY AND AT THE END WAS TOLD ' WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU' TILL DATE HE IS STILL WAITING. WHAT DO YOU ADVICE?
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by truthspeaks: 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
Una like to de console unaslf. Wen u truly knw it's a way of sayin 'sorry u ddnt fit d person we r lookin for'
Ojestas:
A good firm would truly get back to you, either with a success or regret mail/Message . . "will get back" is the usual word. . . The mail afterwards says it all. . . So, its neither a way to say you succeeded nor failed.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by wealthyprince(m): 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
jemype:
We will get back to u means we "u are a failure"

Chai! Naija we hail o! see raw answer. I strongly disagree sir.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by wealthyprince(m): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
we will get back to you" or "you will hear from us" is not a proverb and is not french or Latin! it is what it means in English. The first one ( "we will get back to you" ) could involve call, email or shortlisting your name among successful candidates. while the second one ( "You will hear from us" ) involve call in most cases. If you hear from them, good. is just to give you information which could come in any way: either you pass the interview, invitation for the next stage , you have gotten the job or you did not meet up...most time they only call or shortlist those who are successful. In my case they said I will hear from them, I never heard from them but when the result of the interview came out by God's grace my name was among those listed as being successful for the Job.

conclusion: if they say they will get back to you don't panic - hand it over to God in prayer. After all you have done your best, if they get back to you good luck and if they did not good luck - try another place. If the job is yours and God is there you will surely get it.

1 Like

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Krismart(m): 2:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
#BEWARE of an MTN no. 08167073853. He is all over social media claiming he is a data generator with the name Justin but he is fake. He uses WhatsApp to discuss ,asks for mtn recharge cards. #Beware

1 Like

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Patdedon(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
Depends on your Performance.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Ojestas(m): 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
truthspeaks:
Una like to de console unaslf. Wen u truly knw it's a way of sayin 'sorry u ddnt fit d person we r lookin for'
I v been told that before. . and i actually got a success.mail later.

1 Like

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by ifewise(m): 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
The last time I was told I will get back to u.I got d job but I dumped there silly Ass.

1 Like

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
Truthfully once you here this forget the company and move on..thats the reality
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by wealthyprince(m): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
chinnasa:
ALL RESPONSES ABOVE SOUND OK BUT I WISH ASK WHAT IF ONE HAS BEING INTERVIEWED 3 TIMES BY THREE DIFFERENT LEVEL OF MANAGERS IN THE SAME COMPANY AND AT THE END WAS TOLD ' WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU' TILL DATE HE IS STILL WAITING. WHAT DO YOU ADVICE?

If you have a contact in the company especially among the Human Resource Personnel, secretary or any staff who is aware of the job you are applying for, you can call to find out the state of things as it concern your status on the interview or go to the company if you can, to find out and get more information on the issue. you can also send email to inquire about it. Above all why waiting don't be discourage and don't give up. Try other places, knowing that, that is not your final bus stop but the beginning of bigger opportunities. Good luck to you.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by wealthyprince(m): 2:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
chinnasa:

If you have a contact in the company especially among the Human Resource Personnel, secretary or any staff who is aware of the job you are applying for, you can call to find out the state of things as it concern your status on the interview or go to the company if you can, to find out and get more information on the issue. you can also send email to inquire about it. Above all why waiting don't be discourage and don't give up. Try other places, knowing that, that is not your final bus stop but the beginning of bigger opportunities. Good luck to you.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by truthspeaks: 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ok
Ojestas:
I v been told that before. . and i actually got a success.mail later.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by bayulll011(m): 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
LOGICALKEN:
After preparing fastidiously for several interviews within d last few months, each interview always culminates with d usual "i'll get back to u" sentence. I want to knw if it's a way of saying one is not successful.

Most nigerian recruiters are not professionals,just keep the hope alive
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by pafun(m): 3:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
LOGICALKEN:
After preparing fastidiously for several interviews within d last few months, each interview always culminates with d usual "i'll get back to u" sentence. I want to knw if it's a way of saying one is not successful.
Yup!
If they are interested you will know before you leave. What they have just said is like "don't call us ...."
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Richydos(m): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
jemype:
lol. Dont mind me bro jus jokinng around sorry no need to take it personal grin
Hahahahahahah don't mind my Stern response oooo lolz... I just felt some atom of pity @ d OP when I read ur kinda reply..... No mind me oooo #xtends a hand of shake..... If u don't mind I have Ogbono soup n semo.... Peace bro

2 Likes

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by curvilicious: 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
cry It means forgerrit
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by alaskido(m): 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
I will get back to you in Nigeria means you do not qualify for the position. grin grin
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
Mine z dat I've passsed tru d rigorous processes of recruitment up to the medicals, till dis moment dey've nt called.
Wonda wats delaying dem.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by fippycbk(m): 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lol... Na clients line be that. grin
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
VickyRotex:
They dont wanna be put on the spot.

So they will definitely get back to you with a success or regret mail.

Something I learnt recently, which may help one or two, after your first interview with the company, send them a thank you mail withing 24 to 48hours, thanking them for the opportunity.

Also that's a good way of reminding them about the skills you felt they needed but you dint remember to tell them during the interview, and emphasizing on something you noticed during the interview.

Something like "My time management skills has helped me to...." e.t.c

Also after the thank you Mail, give it 10 to 15 days, send them a mail again, especially for a company you know they need someone urgently.

Something like "I would love to let you know I'm still very interested in this position"

If you don't get any response back between 2 to 3 months, send a last mail and just let it be.

That shouldn't stop your job search though.

I learnt this, and it has worked for someone I know.

This is rubbish. It may even walk against you. It can count as bribery or putting unnecessary pressure on them. If a job is meant for you you will get it.Pray very well
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by LoveJesus87(m): 5:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

Not necessarily.
naty gal
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Adesiji77: 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
wealthyprince:
we will get back to you" or "you will hear from us" is not a proverb and is not french or Latin! it is what it means in English. The first one ( "we will get back to you" ) could involve call, email or shortlisting your name among successful candidates. while the second one ( "You will hear from us" ) involve call in most cases. If you hear from them, good. is just to give you information which could come in any way: either you pass the interview, invitation for the next stage , you have gotten the job or you did not meet up...most time they only call or shortlist those who are successful. In my case they said I will hear from them, I never heard from them but when the result of the interview came out by God's grace my name was among those listed as being successful for the Job.

conclusion: if they say they will get back to you don't panic - hand it over to God in prayer. After all you have done your best, if they get back to you good luck and if they did not good luck - try another place. If the job is yours and God is there you will surely get it.

Word!

1 Like

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by ministeriallist: 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
LOGICALKEN:
lol, u no even dey give me hope sef
That was my experience in those days. They know how to keep one in expectation.
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by kudus007(m): 6:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
VickyRotex:
They dont wanna be put on the spot.

So they will definitely get back to you with a success or regret mail.

Something I learnt recently, which may help one or two, after your first interview with the company, send them a thank you mail withing 24 to 48hours, thanking them for the opportunity.

Also that's a good way of reminding them about the skills you felt they needed but you dint remember to tell them during the interview, and emphasizing on something you noticed during the interview.

Something like "My time management skills has helped me to...." e.t.c

Also after the thank you Mail, give it 10 to 15 days, send them a mail again, especially for a company you know they need someone urgently.

Something like "I would love to let you know I'm still very interested in this position"

If you don't get any response back between 2 to 3 months, send a last mail and just let it be.

That shouldn't stop your job search though.

I learnt this, and it has worked for someone I know.

what if after u av passed all recruitment stages and the mail u got was that ur application is in view nd valid for one year, within this period you might be called? Any hope?
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Another advice I will also give is to follow up with a call or visit. It will show them that you truly are committed and want the position. Call first and then just one day stop by.

You can turn it around for your benefit even if it seems lost now
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by 6fit(f): 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
jemype:
We will get back to u means we "u are a failure"

i hav gone for an interview where 19 of us were told dat phrase ''we get back to yu''......does it mean we all failed?...if u make it to d last few men staanding(like 3applicants) and yu are told we get back to yu, it means u lost d job....but if u are told dat at d first stage (i.e first contact), then it means we contact yu for further interogation....pls when Qs like dis is asked, it important we respond objective. Some poeple joke over evrything and unconciously joking over vital info dat would hav save dem a whole lots of job disapointment

1 Like

Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by shakurkings(m): 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
I was also once told 'we'll get back to u' and the next week, I got a call saying 'congratulations, you got the job. You may resume on Monday morning'
Re: " I'll Get Back To U" Does It Mean One Has Lost The Job??? by VickyRotex(f): 7:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
kudus007:

what if after u av passed all recruitment stages and the mail u got was that ur application is in view nd valid for one year, within this period you might be called? Any hope?

Yes, there's hope. As a matter of fact, I know people who got their jobs after a year. After they had even forgotten about the interview they had with the company. A company like CBN, I know someone whose recrutiment process then, took upto 2 years.

Different coys have their different strategy.

I made that suggestion for companies having urgent recruitment. In order for you not to feel left out, keeping intouch with such companies is good. And with the responses you get, you'd know if to intensify your job search or just relax.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I've Got An Interview To Attend But I've Chicken Pox. What Should I Do?? / Waste To Wealth: Recycling Factory Engages 10,000 Nigerians / My Funny Yet Sad Experience As A Job Seeker Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.