Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola (40459 Views)

May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola / Benue Killings: No Sufficient Evidence To Prosecute Herdsmen – IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
Please stop talking like a child. You think I just wake up and start guessing or writing what I do not know. Every single one of those people, by the way one of them was in Nigeria to visit Fashola from France ,the ex wife of the French President who is Minister for Energy and Environment SHE IS an administrator and a former judge, ARE ALL POLITICIANS. They joined a political party and won elections. The Job of a minister is a political one and it is to understand the mood and needs of the people and then give directions and guidance to technocrats. MINISTERS ARE POLITICAL ROLES NOT TECHNICAL ONES.
Awolowo was a lawyer and yet a very successful Minister of Finance. The way it works is simple. If you join politics early you will move around different government departments learning how they work and your job is not to become a technologist or technician.
Tam David West held sway in petroleum and studied Virology.

In the UK the Most common degrees you will find among politicians is History English and Law. They join government early and move from department to department growing and learning
Let us eschew this villager fixation with so called technocrats

Why bother? When president Kennedy declared that America will put a man on the moon did Americans ask him if he was a scientist?
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Jimi23(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
I think Fashola should humbly resign. I dont think he understands jack about the power sector otherwise the power situation in Nigeria will not degenerate to this. He is receiving salaries but has in no way shown that he is deserving of it. Is it true he wrote SSCE four times? If its true then i am not surprised he has failed in his duties. The power sector needs active brains not passive ones. Was Tinubu spoonfeeding him in Lagos State while he was taking all the shine as the serving Governor? I thot he said electricity is no rocket science. Empty barrels always make a lot of noise, obviously!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by CHOREM(f): 10:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
The same who says a reasonable government will fix electricity problem in six month in 2014, now saying another thing. The table has turned to their side now but haven't give any results. God help us in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by butanep(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Every damn thing GEJ handed over to Buhari has dropped including Life of the citizens; happiness dropped, Economy dropped, Naira value dropped, Security of life and property dropped as Fulani herders and DSS are running amok.

It will take Fashola more than 2 years to understand power generation and distribution not to talk of managing it.

A lawyer in a wrong place

@ bolded... when you give key position based on sentiment rather than merit or technicality, you keep having problems. I said it before, fashola can't do anything meaningful in the power sector. Give that position to a competent engineer and see the difference. It will be so clear.

The same thing is what is happening in petroleum sector. Imagine a lawyer managing NNPC and also minister of petroleum. What does a lawyer know about generation, migration and storage of hydrocarbons or what does he know about the technicality of a refinery?

This government is really dull.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by dikeigbo2(m): 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
Cabinet full of party men,no true technocrats, square pegs in round holes,that's why their incompetences is on the high side..
No rocket scientists, no magicians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by multiple1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
Aromas:
Dis d problem in Nigeria, how du u expect som1 wu study Law maintain Power sector Oga Fash u dey craze o grin
mb take note.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by jamace(m): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
okeyglm:
oga but you said power supply is not a rocket science.
do the needful.
Yes, during GEJ regime him de run him mouth any how. Oya o. Give us light. No excuse o. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by galadima77(m): 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
okeyglm:
oga but you said power supply is not a rocket science.
do the needful.

I personally heard that one
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by omonnakoda: 10:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
butanep:

@ bolded... when you give key position based on sentiment rather than merit or technicality, you keep having problems. I said it before, fashola can't do anything meaningful in the power sector. Give that position to a competent engineer and see the difference. It will be so clear.

The same thing is what is happening in petroleum sector. Imagine a lawyer managing NNPC and also minister of petroleum. What does a lawyer know about generation, migration and storage of hydrocarbons or what does he know about the technicality of a refinery?

Your comment is dull I am not an Engineer but I know enough about those things. The Chief Executive of almost every hospital in the UK is not a doctor and they do OK. The job of a Minister is political only dull people fail to grasp that key point. He is basically the President's rep and unless we are saying the president needs to be an Engineer that logic is absurd. If Fashola fails it will have nothing to do with being a lawyer or a PE Teacher.
By a similar token how can a man who has never been in the Army be a commander in Chief. ? The fact is those things are just tools Those people who produce the most with computers know little about computers they just use them to get results. If corruption is the problem in those sectors then how will having an engineer stop that.
It is the same with the police. Any administrator can reform the Nigerian police.IG of Police is very different from Minister of Police. One is technical the other is political
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by engrchykae(m): 10:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
Am now waiting for the Tin god,emperor Caesar jagaban to call for fashola's head as he did for kachikwu.
A hypocritical nation led by grand masters of the unholy order of pharisees.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by LastProphet: 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
mulattoclaro:
it's your father that's a slowpoke. What was that supposed to mean? Did I insult your father? Are you mad?

you called fashola a slowpoke and the man is more intelligent than your father and mine combined so that was why I insulted you.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Ojiofor: 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fash don carry load he can't carry grin.
Funny thing is he can't be whitewashed this time around as a super performer.
Fashole, Nigerians need light eh, science or nuclear anyone grin grin grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mildflame: 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
mulattoclaro:
that's because I don't argue with black monkeys like you. If you're so pained have a banana. dumm schwarzen Affen

100 percent PERFECT slowpoke, now dance like a BAVARIAN PRICK.
Boris Beckham a GERMAN ICON wife from America was hunted down n labelled a WITCH and U an ordinary LAB GUINEA PIG with roots in AFRICA is showing me a BANANA
U r SH---IT to them n a HOPLESS Refugee here in my country.
YOU REMAIN A MIGHTY MONKEY in GERMAN n WANDERING FO-OL in 9JA

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mulattoclaro(m): 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
mildflame:

100 percent PERFECT slowpoke, now dance like a BAVARIAN PRICK.
Boris Beckham a GERMAN ICON wife from America was hunted down n labelled a WITCH and U an ordinary LAB GUINEA PIG with roots in AFRICA is showing me a BANANA
U r SH---IT to them n a HOPLESS Refugee here in my country.
YOU REMAIN A MIGHTY MONKEY in GERMAN n WANDERING FO-OL in 9JA
I'm still better than you. You're just another black man in Africa. Sometimes I wish someone like you is sent to the plantation or cotton fields.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by butanep(m): 10:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
omonnakoda:
Your comment is dull I am not an Engineer but I know enough about those things. The Chief Executive of almost every hospital in the UK is not a doctor and they do OK. The job of a Minister is political only dull people fail to grasp that key point. He is basically the President's rep and unless we are saying the president needs to be an Engineer that logic is absurd. If Fashola fails it will have nothing to do with being a lawyer or a PE Teacher.
By a similar token how can a man who has never been in the Army be a commander in Chief. ? The fact is those things are just tools Those people who produce the most with computers know little about computers they just use them to get results. If corruption is the problem in those sectors then how will having an engineer stop that.
It is the same with the police. Any administrator can reform the Nigerian police.IG of Police is very different from Minister of Police. One is technical the other is political

Keep deceiving yourself. Go and see what is obtainable in foreign countries.

Google the ministers I Russian, US and China, then see their portfolio and their discipline if it is related or not...

Why did agriculture have a boom during GEJ time, check the minister career path?
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Kylexy3000(m): 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
Abeg whetin lawyer dey find for minister of power...am sure he doesnt know the meaning of MW..SOME APPOINTMENTS SEF IN THIS COUNTRY..ITS LIKE THE COUNTRY ITSELF IS ILLITERATE.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mildflame: 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
mulattoclaro:
you're a fool and you'll remain a fool. Your father is as useless as the p in Pneumonia. If fashola is intelligent why is he not living up to expectations? You're part of the reason nigeria is the way it is. That's why you'll die in poverty and that's why poverty will never depart from your household. My father is a Bini palace High Chief. My family is well known in Edo state. What about yours? You'll die miserable. Hungry fool.

My FATHER is this, my father is that. Ur father CHIFTENCY ends in ur WITCRAFT INFESTED VILLAGE...where is my GERMAN WHIP
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by millhouse: 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Vandals excuses ..... Always d easy way out
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mulattoclaro(m): 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
mildflame:

My FATHER is this, my father is that. Ur father CHIFTENCY ends in ur WITCRAFT INFESTED VILLAGE...where is my GERMAN WHIP
and your father who's a bloody wretch has nothing to his name.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by obonono(m): 10:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
omenka:
Fashola: We have insufficient power to distribute:

iDaft Miscreants: Fashola says we have no power to distribute.

Yet they call the president a dullard. cheesycheesy
To slap you go sweet me well well. What a deluded fool. With all that is happening, you have nothing reasonable to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mildflame: 10:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
mulattoclaro:
I'm still better than you. You're just another black man in Africa. Sometimes I wish someone like you is sent to the plantation or cotton fields.

My ANCESTORS were trading SLAVES lucky for ur ancestors he escaped my ANCESTORS. BRAINED WASHED guinea pig, the ENGLISH FRENCH etc call u BLACK or MULATO n u nod ur head n say YES SHAH
4kin REPTILE, I am IBIBIO I don't suffer ur EUROPEAN COLONIZATION mentallity not to talk of ur GERMAN SHIT treatment
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by engrchykae(m): 11:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
banme1:
Fashola is a f00l.
point of correction fash is no fool rather he is part and parcel of the cabal or aristocrats who that benefits from nigerians' pain such as the importers and owners of mikano and other brands of generators and companies like aggreko all had a hand in this.
A word of advice for u"know the difference between a fool and a hypocrite"
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by mildflame: 11:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
mulattoclaro:
and your father who's a bloody wretch has nothing to his name.

The sole of my feet is GREATER than ur ANCESTORS n Ur generation born n unborn
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by jidejide2(m): 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
Baawaa:
With time Nigeria will get there, because we have those that has vision on board

Bros you are mumu and senseless for this ur rubbish talk

1 Like

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by jidejide2(m): 11:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
Baawaa:
With time Nigeria will get there, because we have those that has vision on board

Bros you mumu o
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by HirstMOG(m): 11:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
fashola is showing what he is capable of doing. when he was appointed minister for power and housing, you guys were shouting he will perform. where are we now the annoying things is that these so called technocrats took bubu months to select. you guys owe GEJ apology.

Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by AZeD1(m): 11:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
butanep:

You are clueless.
Kachikwu was heading Mobil West Africa, I guess it was sentiments that go him that job.
By the way, energy minister in the UK studied history or political science (can't remember). The French minister of energy also studied an art related course, same at the minister of health in the UK.
A minister job is administration not technical.

Dull people calling others dull.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Rudd

Read and educate yourself.
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by Akainzo(m): 11:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
hush15:

Let's be honest, even the savings, Buhari still met 30 billion dollars. Even if he didn't meet hundreds of billion, the little he met, what can do with it?
It's simple, he that's is faithful in little will be faithful in much. It's a spiritual law, so all the excuses is unfounded.

I don't believe in laying up gold for someone to come waste it as we saw in the last administration.

The real prosperity in in creating wealth and there is so many ways to do that but greed n conflicts of interest is also what is holding the present government from doing needful. Why depend on what ur predecessor left when you could generate ur own. That way, there won't be any frivolous spending.

Even if Buhari saves so much at the expense of the masses welfare, what's stopping someone coming to waste it all moro...

Let them create their own wealth, it shows how competent they really are, simple

I guess Jonathan created the country's wealth or savings of $30bln when he in fact inherited a Savings portfolio of $65bln.

Your logic is confounding!
Re: We Have No Sufficient Electricity To Give Nigerians- Fashola by obonono(m): 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
LastProphet:

in equatorial Guinea people don't steal power lines, people don't blow pipelines either in South Africa, but your father's people do nothing else than steal and destroy. over 30km of power line remains stolen between okigwe and afikpo, it has been replaced several times by authorities yet the locals from there will blame govt. please stop insulting people that are more intelligent than your slowpoke father

Did you say all these during Jonathan's administration, you this animal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FFK: "Buhari Received N24.6Billion And N19Billion In Cash From Ex Governor" / Cash Transfer: FG Disqualifies Nigerians Without NIN, BVN, CBN Begins Payment / Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.