Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,037 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State (45300 Views)

"I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Kayolamzy: 10:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
[quote author=Kolababe post=44289524] According to to The Jamaican Gleaned, Chanel Chin, the daughter of Jamaican raggae star, Ludlow Chin also known as Bobo Zaro is the queen of the Iwo Kingdom following her marriage to King Adbul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi earlier this year.

King Abdul Rasheed, now known as the Imperial Oluwo of the Iwo Kingdom in Osun State, after his ascendancy on November 10, 2015, had met the 32-year-old woman in Canada, where he resided before his ascension.

Bobo Zaro is known for songs such as the hit single Pain, a collaboration with Contractor and Capleton, the video of which has been seen by millions of viewers in Africa via Channel O in South Africa and the Sporah TV show via SkyTV.

In an interview with The Jamaica Gleaner, Queen Chin reveals that she is very honoured to represent Jamaica in such a big way.

"My ancestors were taken away as slaves, but I have returned to Africa as a queen. One's destiny cannot be altered. As a young child, I always wanted to come to Africa, but didn't know how. I feel this is a great opportunity for black people worldwide to return to their home."

In a Facebook post, Emmanuel Mathias, in support of the queen, declared:
"Destiny is powerful, her ancestor was taken away as slave, but she return back home as queen. Let us embrace her and tell her you are welcome back home. This is one giant step towards bringing back home our descendants that great fathers and mothers were casted away."

The queen added: "Our forefathers and ancestral mothers were cast away as slaves to never return, but I want Jamaicans everywhere to know that Africa is so nice. The culture and traditions are so rich and lovely. It's truly something every black person should come and experience."

Chanel explained that as queen of Iwo land, her responsibility is to always set a proper example for young girls and women in the community. Giving an insight into traditions and customs, she said her dressing and outfits are to always be conservative and respectful.

"No matter what I wear, my shoulders and full legs must be covered at all times. All of my clothes are custom made to match these requirements. Also, as queen, the king and I like to regularly visit the local schools in the community to remind the children of the importance of education and excelling in all areas of their school work and examinations."

The queen said her husband is the first king to actually take the time to visit the children.

"We believe they are the future," she remarked.

In her esteemed position as a Nigerian queen, she said she faces only minor challenges one of which is her being not fluent in the native language which is Yoruba.

"I know some words. Everyday, I am still learning. Another challenge is that the food is quite different from our mouth- watering Jamaican dishes."
DAS MY KING N QUEEN LONG LIFE
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Eminentsaint(m): 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
Khd95:
Does she ve dadagrin
You are so funny!
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Squares: 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
That is great. But it looks like the Yoruba kings are going for foreigners
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by mkoabiola: 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nawa ooo,
A jamaican n rastafarian babe b d olori abi na queen for home town.
I don't blv ds?
Wen we av beautiful women in osun particularly ,iwo town.
Anyway,na destiny make d guy b king after so many names were penciled down.
Aregbe do ojoro. Ook ooo
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Pecca: 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
mustta av been using the good grass...from the look of 'em both.

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by ccaramel(f): 11:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
Never knew this guy will become a king o. I knew the couple when they were hustling in Toronto. Never look down on anyone!!!
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by ohynedar(f): 1:05am On Apr 01, 2016
HBD
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by PoosPoos: 6:36am On Apr 01, 2016
DeeTus:
Yea man lol. Seems like you know the Jamaicans pretty well. Jamaicans are interesting people but they smoke a lot of shi.ts you know.

No reggae music,No me.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Awoofawo(m): 6:36am On Apr 01, 2016
nwakaibeya1:
CHAMELEONS use every little opportunity to show their colors and speak to remain relevant,but ever since i have been speaking about the kingdom of JESUS CHRIST that has come to judge and revenge human beigns especially the church and pastors and prophets #who among you has brought the truth and revelation to the front page of NAIRALAND and other platforms rather they block me but how long will you and your likes block the unbelievable POWER OF GOD OF JUSTICE AND HE THAT MADE THE SPIRITUAL LAWS which we also told you to investigate as i speak and declare>Who can battle with GOD of justice&who can speak if GOD of justice hadnt spoken? President Barack Obama has proved here that those who reserve sits in the CHURCHES must PERISH and judged as JESUS CHRIST commanded. Those who do it knows where it is in the bible and that JesusChrist whom they claim to follow condemned it in the bible but you that is ignorant and following the pastors&prophets that reserve sits in churches have never read this in your bible and I will not show you just like the bible said pastors and prophets have destroyed the vineyard of God but has any pastors&prophets ever read this to his followers? And after you that is claiming bornagain will also be claiming that you know the bible and have read from Genesis to revelation and if you know it have you told people about it in your preaching sermons ? BECAUSE of this act of President Barack Obama if any one knows President Obama Barrack and reading this inform him that I am willing to give him The LIGHT the MANTLE and UNBELIEVABLE POWER that be of he that made the SPIRITUAL laws because of his act and heaven of God of justice knows I am capable to do it and prove it beyond reasonable doubt and you thomases can also investigate my declaration the world over. This is authorised and you are free as I give

That lady and the gorimapa man behind Obama, who are they? If that man handle enh you go forget your salvation for inside that church!!!

The gorimapa no get joy at all at all grin

CIA I sighted you na o! grin
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Awoofawo(m): 6:41am On Apr 01, 2016
tpiah01:

Do you know of any instance in Yorubaland where a slave became a queen?

This is something new.

You don't know anything about Yoruba culture!!! In the past actually Ifa can chosen a slave over all the princes in some circumstance and a king amy odered by the Oracle to marry a slave!!!

So sto[p all these your madness cool
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Odulex01dzyahoocom: 6:47am On Apr 01, 2016
Hope she does not smoke away their culture and heritage
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by sinebaba(m): 7:14am On Apr 01, 2016
What is wrong with Nigeria rulers they totally forgot the culture,
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Saladin25(m): 7:51am On Apr 01, 2016
sinebaba:
What is wrong with Nigeria rulers they totally forgot the culture,
Is it bad for a king to marry someone outside his tribe, ethnic or race.
This kind of marriage has been happening for centuries. Even Oranmiyan the first Alaafin got married to a Nupe woman and she bore him Ajaka and sango.
To me I don't see anything wrong it because, God that created us in different tribe, ethnic or race knows better than us.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by snthesis(m): 7:53am On Apr 01, 2016
if they get divorced, is she entitled to half the kingdom

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 8:34am On Apr 01, 2016
Awoofawo:

I don't know anything about Yoruba culture!!! In the past actually in my place Ifa can chosen a slave over all the princes in some circumstance and a king amy odered by the Oracle to marry a slave!!!

So sto[p all these my madness cool

Sweetie, Aigbofa has already insulted me previously on this thread. I decided to take the upper road and overlook his lack of manners.

Dont tow his path.

If you respect your awo wey you use as id, stay out of my way and refrain from insulting me.

Thanks.

If you like, you can put awo (diviner) times ten million as your moniker. You will explain who created both you and all your awos, whether na God or na sea shrimp create una.

If you are ruled by slaves where you come from, that is your own problem.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by SucreB: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2016
Oba of Iwo did not patronize Naigerian made #in Hon. Melaye Voice*
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by SucreB: 8:40am On Apr 01, 2016
Oba of Iwo did not patronize Naigerian made #in Hon. Melaye Voice* lol
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by imagrg(m): 9:15am On Apr 01, 2016
nwakaibeya1:
CHAMELEONS use every little opportunity to show their colors and speak to remain relevant,but ever since i have been speaking about the kingdom of JESUS CHRIST that has come to judge and revenge human beigns especially the church and pastors and prophets #who among you has brought the truth and revelation to the front page of NAIRALAND and other platforms rather they block me but how long will you and your likes block the unbelievable POWER OF GOD OF JUSTICE AND HE THAT MADE THE SPIRITUAL LAWS which we also told you to investigate as i speak and declare>Who can battle with GOD of justice&who can speak if GOD of justice hadnt spoken? President Barack Obama has proved here that those who reserve sits in the CHURCHES must PERISH and judged as JESUS CHRIST commanded. Those who do it knows where it is in the bible and that JesusChrist whom they claim to follow condemned it in the bible but you that is ignorant and following the pastors&prophets that reserve sits in churches have never read this in your bible and I will not show you just like the bible said pastors and prophets have destroyed the vineyard of God but has any pastors&prophets ever read this to his followers? And after you that is claiming bornagain will also be claiming that you know the bible and have read from Genesis to revelation and if you know it have you told people about it in your preaching sermons ? BECAUSE of this act of President Barack Obama if any one knows President Obama Barrack and reading this inform him that I am willing to give him The LIGHT the MANTLE and UNBELIEVABLE POWER that be of he that made the SPIRITUAL laws because of his act and heaven of God of justice knows I am capable to do it and prove it beyond reasonable doubt and you thomases can also investigate my declaration the world over. This is authorised and you are free as I give
Obama advocates guy rights; so, he cannot make heaven, like many pastors who worship money rather than the Almighty God! You speaking, you are ignorant of the ways of God. Repent NOW! God loves you!
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Sayelabola(m): 10:25am On Apr 01, 2016
tpiah01:

what do folks find offensive about the picture?

I wonder when some Africans will stop being ashamed of their ancestry especially when they see foreigners.

There is nothing wrong with the picture, and no one has criticised it.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Awoofawo(m): 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
tpiah01:

Sweetie, Aigbofa has already insulted me previously on this thread. I decided to take the upper road and overlook his lack of manners.

Dont tow his path.

If you respect your awo wey you use as id, stay out of my way and refrain from insulting me.

Thanks.

If you like, you can put awo (diviner) times ten million as your moniker. You will explain who created both you and all your awos, whether na God or na sea shrimp create una.

If you are ruled by slaves where you come from, that is your own problem.

awo ju awo lo you go see, continue to leri to walk down the path of no return !!! cool

Hope you can di the mix-code?!
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by COOL10(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
Is it me or dont u guys see the insult in that last comment?
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
Awoofawo:

I am s.tupid!
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
Sayelabola:

There is nothing wrong with the picture, and no one has criticised it.

Some folks seem to be very ashamed, maybe they wish they were white or Jamaican.

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Awoofawo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
[quote author=tpiah01 post=44312848][/quote]
Is that the best you have up your sleeves?!

Ori e ti daru, o kuu die ki o fo danu.....useless son of 20 million dicks! cool
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
Awoofawo:

Is that the best I have up my sleeves?!

Ori mi ti daru, o kuu die kin fo danu....I am a.useless son of 20 million dicks! cool

Who is this attention seeking t.wat for goodness sake?

Ok now that I have noticed you, can you carry your gay self and get out of my sight?

Your self esteem should have gone up a notch now that I've given you attention!

Dont be a greedy i.diot trying to monopolize my time!

Na from where dem carry you come you this beast of unknown ancestry!

Ordinary mod is all it takes to shut you up, and you are here threatening your deadbeat ancestors on top site wey you and your ancestors no own?
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by Sayelabola(m): 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2016
tpiah01:

Some folks seem to be very ashamed, maybe they wish they were white or Jamaican.

One thing is for sure... we always have one thing of envy in other people's culture, and vice versa.

It could be their language, slangs, music, economy, weather etc; and on the other hand we have one thing or the other we wish could be no more in our culture and tradition, and vice versa as well.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
Sayelabola:

One thing is for sure... we always have one thing of envy in other people's culture, and vice versa.

It could be their language, slangs, music, economy, weather etc; and on the other hand we have one thing or the other we wish could be no more in our culture and tradition, and vice versa as well.

We is rather general, not everyone has that kind of inferiority complex.

Lets not cover such low self esteem plz, no matter who is displaying it.

Anyone who is ashamed of their culture and ancestry, well, thats their prerogative but they should learn to keep quiet when other people are talking, instead of jumping up and and shouting "see I have applied palm oil o, my body dey shine, buy me and ship me away from Africa!"

I really dislike when some folks display such slavish behaviour although to each their own sha.

1 Like

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by qtx(m): 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
Kolababe:
According to to The Jamaican Gleaned, Chanel Chin, the daughter of Jamaican raggae star, Ludlow Chin also known as Bobo Zaro is the queen of the Iwo Kingdom following her marriage to King Adbul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi earlier this year.

King Abdul Rasheed, now known as the Imperial Oluwo of the Iwo Kingdom in Osun State, after his ascendancy on November 10, 2015, had met the 32-year-old woman in Canada, where he resided before his ascension.

Bobo Zaro is known for songs such as the hit single Pain, a collaboration with Contractor and Capleton, the video of which has been seen by millions of viewers in Africa via Channel O in South Africa and the Sporah TV show via SkyTV.

In an interview with The Jamaica Gleaner, Queen Chin reveals that she is very honoured to represent Jamaica in such a big way.

"My ancestors were taken away as slaves, but I have returned to Africa as a queen. One's destiny cannot be altered. As a young child, I always wanted to come to Africa, but didn't know how. I feel this is a great opportunity for black people worldwide to return to their home."

In a Facebook post, Emmanuel Mathias, in support of the queen, declared:
"Destiny is powerful, her ancestor was taken away as slave, but she return back home as queen. Let us embrace her and tell her you are welcome back home. This is one giant step towards bringing back home our descendants that great fathers and mothers were casted away."

The queen added: "Our forefathers and ancestral mothers were cast away as slaves to never return, but I want Jamaicans everywhere to know that Africa is so nice. The culture and traditions are so rich and lovely. It's truly something every black person should come and experience."

Chanel explained that as queen of Iwo land, her responsibility is to always set a proper example for young girls and women in the community. Giving an insight into traditions and customs, she said her dressing and outfits are to always be conservative and respectful.

"No matter what I wear, my shoulders and full legs must be covered at all times. All of my clothes are custom made to match these requirements. Also, as queen, the king and I like to regularly visit the local schools in the community to remind the children of the importance of education and excelling in all areas of their school work and examinations."

The queen said her husband is the first king to actually take the time to visit the children.

"We believe they are the future," she remarked.

In her esteemed position as a Nigerian queen, she said she faces only minor challenges one of which is her being not fluent in the native language which is Yoruba.

"I know some words. Everyday, I am still learning. Another challenge is that the food is quite different from our mouth- watering Jamaican dishes."

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/03/meet-chanel-chin-daughter-of-jamaican.html
as a king, marry a celebrity and see the ugly side of marriage. at your own peril king....
Wish you well anyhowly
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by osec007(m): 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
cool
Sayelabola:

By now he might be used to it.

And don't be shy to let me know you are jealous of the "dance reggea in bed" thing?

Anna Bella is my friend, and she is still single and searching. Lol
if she is a good dancer then,let's hit the stage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by tpiah01: 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2016
COOL10:
Is it me or dont u guys see the insult in that last comment?

She has an army of ass kissers waiting to pounce on anyone who takes offence at her comments.

I just wonder where all the funding for this stuff is coming from.

The husband is rich I guess, and can afford to hire bodyguards to ensure the wife is not insulted not matter what.
Re: Chanel Chin, The Queen Of Iwo, Osun State by COOL10(m): 11:20am On Apr 02, 2016
tpiah01:

She has an army of ass kissers waiting to pounce on anyone who takes offence at her comments.

I just wonder where all the funding for this stuff is coming from.

The husband is rich I guess, and can afford to hire bodyguards to ensure the wife is not insulted not matter what.
Yea,dt dsnt even surprise me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beautiful Dark Skinned Women (thread Dedication.) / Alaafin of Oyo's Wife, Queen Abbey, Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos) / Oluwo Of Iwo All Swagged Up, Says "I Got The Right Dose Of Swags"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.