Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,616 members, 7,958,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) (40838 Views)

Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience /  7 Yoruba Words You’ll Need To Survive In Lagos / lessons from the lawmakers sex scandal and A personal experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by fejikudz(m): 11:26am On Apr 01, 2016
isacolukay:

Brother, fake life is the order of the day here. You see folks who have nothing but the clothes they put on do stuffs like they are Osinbajo's firstborn.

My oga wanted me to help collect something from his house sometimes ago, only for him to give me a hotel address. I was shocked. I thought maybe he was just chilling there for the time being. Some weeks later, we were muzzing on expensive wine at a high brow lounge (at his expense though) when I subtly asked him. He told me he doesn't have a house! How much my oga dey collect wey him dey sleep for hotel?!!!! To add insult to injury, he doesn't have a car and whenever he is going to present a proposal, he won't even be humble enough to take a cab, he will rent an exotic car, rent a driver and dress in expensive suits that even our oga at the top can not wear.
Some months later, he was sacked and he had to squat at my humble abode for 2 months in Gwagwalada before relocating to Benue state.
Imagine! What could be more fake?
Hahahahaha grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Shinelle(f): 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
law001:

Lemme break it down now. My one of my friends served here in Abuja at Wuse 2 and his house was in Mpape. He spends 700 naira per day.

I'll agree that drops are cheaper here in Abuja than most cities in Nigeria.

... it shudnt cost 350 if he avoids drops and uses "along" taxis..
I spent 500 per day as a corper from kubwa to Area 11 daily.. ie including bike trips sef
but then isn't 700 on a round trip to work affordable ?
I thought u said 1000 before?

4 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by dancoolD(m): 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
your information is rich thanks. a lot
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by law001(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
Shinelle:

... it shudnt cost 350 if he avoids drops and uses "along" taxis..
I spent 500 per day as a corper from kubwa to Area 11 daily.. ie including bike trips sef
but then isn't 700 on a round trip to work affordable ?
I thought u said 1000 before?

It's normal along in his own case.

But do u know there are places u will work where there is no along in Abuja? And trekking in Suit will seem like a suicide mission?

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Fremlin: 1:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
law001:

Same email. I've forwarded it again. If u don't get it, send me a pm.
received!..thanx alot
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Becky4u(f): 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
@law001, pls send a copy to becca.toyin4u@yahoo.com
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Shinelle(f): 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
law001:

It's normal along in his own case.

But do u know there are places u will work where there is no along in Abuja? And trekking in Suit will seem like a suicide mission?

lmao. .. okk o
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by blackboy(m): 2:07pm On Apr 01, 2016
nairaman66:
Just got to Abuja yesterday! The place is not bad, but over hyped.. Yes they have got good network of roads nothing more!
You just got in and you have concluded. Lol. Take it easy.

7 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Politicalidiot: 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
law001:

I did my law school in Kano but I recommend Abuja. Abuja records the highest number of passes at the Bar finals.

Success in your endeavour.

pls I haven't gotten your email. Thanks for the recommendation. I heard that Bwari is essentially a village hence my hesitation in going there.
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Originalsly: 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nice one op....you touched on the points that really matter...sooo important. Many apply with moving to a different location period. I hope the lady who inspired you to post this has taken time to read and digest this your excellent write up.
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Zhul001(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
I grew in five states, and I can comfortably say Abuja is the worst,I still stay there.
let me hit the nail by the head straight away, if you are a fresher don't even think of coming to Abuja. If you are a job seeker and you get a job with a salary of 500k with your family, you are poor in abuja.

If you are an entrepreneur, the factors of production are scarce and expensive, you will need to drop to outskirts like gwagwalada and the rest to produce at low cost. But one thing for sure I know, is that Abuja has one of the biggest market for producers of anything.
Think twice before coming here, the people who make it big are in government, or contractors, things were better before, not now.
Note: there are always the lucky ones.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by law001(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
Politicalidiot:

pls I haven't gotten your email. Thanks for the recommendation. I heard that Bwari is essentially a village hence my hesitation in going there.
See this man... ur aim of going to Law skul is to pass d bar finals and be called to the bar.
Btw Abuja campus is the best in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by chuggy(m): 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
@op...abeg dat ur CV is needed urgently o...Please send to chuggybernard88@yahoo.com...Thank you!
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by AyLuxury(m): 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
law001:

My guess is either your family is in Abuja or you are very comfortable here if not, you will see the motivation immediately your host you are squatting with start giving you attitude.

My advice, leave your comfort zone now... be swift about it. If you are a graduate and have served, time is far spent.

And my motivation is, I have a family to support... I lost my dad late last year and I'm taking responsibility of contributing my quota to the well being of my family back home, at least before I get married... it's a personal task.

You don't need to lose your dad before you get motivated.

Please brother, do something before something do you.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, I CAN SEND YOU A COPY OF A WELL DESIGNED AND ATTRACTIVE CV.. FREE OF CHARGE.

My joy is that every young man/woman should take up responsibility.
law001:

My guess is either your family is in Abuja or you are very comfortable here if not, you will see the motivation immediately your host you are squatting with start giving you attitude.

My advice, leave your comfort zone now... be swift about it. If you are a graduate and have served, time is far spent.

And my motivation is, I have a family to support... I lost my dad late last year and I'm taking responsibility of contributing my quota to the well being of my family back home, at least before I get married... it's a personal task.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, I CAN SEND YOU A COPY OF A WELL DESIGNED AND ATTRACTIVE CV.. FREE OF CHARGE.

law001:

pls send a copy of d CV to ayomidefaks@gmail.com. thank u so much.
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by townplanner(m): 11:19am On Apr 03, 2016
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by funnynation(m): 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
Sempumping:
Here to learn ...keep the comments coming

Transportation cost in Abuja isn't as expensive as in lagos but you need to know your routes because all the roads are similar ,I missed my way several times ,....

Always try to cook ,avoid eating out

Be security concious, always check the boot of the cab you are about to take .
Sharp girl.. Na so dey bin carry me pass my bus-stop for AYA, heading towards Abacha Barrack.. I come make fake call as if i dey call army.. Na so dey drop me

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by law001(m): 2:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
For those that requested, I hope you all got a copy of CV each.

For those who didn't, send a PM... I'll forward it directly as a reply to ur mail.

God bless ur hustle.
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by corpROYAL(m): 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
what poster said is very correct. be prayerful and be focus. start small and watch how you will develop rapidly. find small business you can create while looking for job. some job or business you can try as a fresher in abuja while searching for a bigger job along side:

estate agent
laundry
cab driver
soap making
barbing salon
phone accessory
news paper vendor
poultry
dog rearing
pig rearing
goat rearing
onion dealer
shoe and cloth trading

all for temporary, when you gather money you can change the business to your taste.
God bless you..

3 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Politicalidiot: 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
law001:
For those that requested, I hope you all got a copy of CV each.

For those who didn't, send a PM... I'll forward it directly as a reply to ur mail.

God bless ur hustle.

Taking your advise, I decided to opt for Abuja Law School but I am adequately aware that getting in isn't a cake -walk. so pls, I decided to seek your advise again. What were the reasons you proffered for wanting to attend ALS while filling your LS form? And do you think the reasons given, affected your posting?
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2016
fuijvcgh
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by MimaJ(f): 10:00am On Nov 28, 2016
Am a fresh graduate. Pls send the CV toy email; jemima1759@gmail.com
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by princejenks(m): 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
pls how can one commute from bwari to apo(close to shop rite) cheaply. I need a detailed description of the routes that will be taken to arrive at the above mentioned location. thanks
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by princejenks(m): 11:31am On Dec 15, 2016
thank you so much
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by mrphysics(m): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
kowema:
My problem is people living very fake life in Abuja.
I see dem everyday mehn!..

Abuja is not as hard as people say though, especially for anyone who has lived in a tough place like Lagos.

To me ,housing nd Transport is relatively cheaper in Abj than Lagos.
Abj Landlords don't do d kind of Maths Lagos Landlords do.

If you are new here, please cut ur coat according to ur material, never ever envy or crave for what the next person has cus u never really know.
Hey, can I have your attention?
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Squirrel01: 8:35pm On Oct 29, 2018
law001:

Hello ,greetings, u know is an old thread,please can you help me with a well designed CV format?
Thank you
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Stricklybidness(m): 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2019
uchelouis45:
I heard Abuja is the first planned city in Nigeria.
Well planned..
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Stricklybidness(m): 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
Currently in abuja and in need of a job...will appreciate if any of you could help a brother.
I have experience in logistics and procurement...I have also worked with NGOs....you can reach me on 07061221512..God bless you all...
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Lescott7(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2019
I'm currently in Abuja, I need a job, I am a graduate and I have served. Please help a brother. My email address is adeyemiolalekan01@gmail.com
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by tdk074: 4:01am On Aug 23, 2019
Very nice and will see to the points highlighted
Re: Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) by Usherette1: 10:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
I need an accommodation close to town like Apo resettlement. Budget 150k. Please help a sister, it's urgent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Kofar Ruwa Underpass Completed, Ready For Launching (pictures) / Beautiful View Of Victoria Island At Night / Oyebode Oyenuga: Nigerian Man Missing In Canada (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.