Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900711 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 12:40pm On May 19, 2016
nefertitiram:

2 options:

1. Open leg, push, push, push... pop!

2. Lie on operating table, doctor cut your belle, next thing, nwaaaah nwaaaah, baby out.

Choose your choice
Bisoye nd Nef... lipsrsealed grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 12:57pm On May 19, 2016
abcv657:

Hello @mumtwins08 went to marina fbn today no show o
Guess I will settle with stanbic like that .... 258 is better than 389 black market . Thanks A lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 1:00pm On May 19, 2016
Nnystc:
OK. My last experience.
I bought a graco stroller+car seat (newborn to 1.5yrs or so) $200. Was very useful.
All newborn stroller-carseat combos have to be separated before folding the stroller. Good luck!

Thnks babe. Kisses
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 1:12pm On May 19, 2016
Mumtwins08:

Guess I will settle with stanbic like that .... 258 is better than 389 black market . Thanks A lot

Pls how do we get this 258 from stanbic? Which branch does this cos i went to the one close to my office and d bank manager seem very confused.

Am interested biko.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 19, 2016
greatie:

Pls how do we get this 258 from stanbic? Which branch does this cos i went to the one close to my office and d bank manager seem very confused.

Am interested biko.
go to the head office with your passport and ticket tell them you want to apply for pta they will tell you what to do and put you on queue subject to availability
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 2:03pm On May 19, 2016
chloe7:
go to the head office with your passport and ticket tell them you want to apply for pta they will tell you what to do and put you on queue subject to availability

Thank u dear. Will do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kaykourage: 2:20pm On May 19, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hmmm. I wanted to state my opinion but as na firsthand information you dey find, make I take side chair...

No vex my lady, pls go ahead and state. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 2:36pm On May 19, 2016
@Bisoye,pls I sent a pm to you and I know you are very busy,pls try and reply when you are a bit free.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 2:46pm On May 19, 2016
[img][/img]
kaykourage:

No vex my lady, pls go ahead and state. Thanks
It s actually on the same line with what Bisoye said. U can legally give birth in the us. Just have proof of complete payment for the ist waka and proof u can afford the second waka. Sending a letter would be superflous...
Although superflous has never killed anybody cheesy . Btw houston sef these days aint so bad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 4:13pm On May 19, 2016
ROTFL
Bad 'pelzzon' you are!! grin grin : shocked @ nef

quote author=LadyGuinivere post=45767530]
Bisoye nd Nef... lipsrsealed grin[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 4:48pm On May 19, 2016
My people....

Was actually waiting for my mum's interview today before sharing both her interview experience and my POE rundown .

Myself,hubby,son and long belle left Lagos at 35weeks+! Via Lagos-Frankfurt-Newark-Houston. Was asked for fit to fly .Had very good seat, nice leg space and empty seats behind me, so I had a row to myself, Hostesses were really nice n friendly and really made me comfortable.
I also requested for wheel chair (it made all the difference in the world). Thanks to @evemama for the heads up. Which kain 33mins waka be that.
For my burden of proof i had: $8,100 cash, receipt of payment made to the hospital ,Doctor's appointment letter, estimated budget sheet, return ticket, Letter of Introduction from my employer and Maternity leave document from my office portal.
I was wheeled to the CBP , stood up for proper interview and this is my transcript. (He actually saw my lady finger belle and pretended not to) undecided

CBP: You guys are here for vacation?
Hubby and I: No, To have our Baby
CBP: You said vacation?
Me: No, I said to have our baby
CBP: Oh I didn't notice
CBP: How long are you here for?
Me: 7weeks
CBP: You gat some paperwork?
Me: Yes, hands him my medical recs,
CBP: Is this all u've gat?
Hubby quickly whispered receipt n all
Me: Oh I'm sorry.
CBP: Stamps hubby and son in.

(He kept typing and typing and then he says I need to go for secondary inspection to verify my documents)
Me: No problem ( was actually prepared for dis) for my mind...I was like no shaking grin

At secondary inspection, we sat for about 15mins and I was called.
Here's the drama:
Strolled to the CBP lady that called me.
CBP: hi ma'am
Me: Hello
CBP: here are ur docs/passport, hand them over to the security outside the door. Thank you.
Me: lobatan o! I no read dis one for the thread o. Which kain one be dis? I refused to leave her sight. She was already typing on her system.
Me: Excuse me, I was sent here for secondary inspection
CBP: And I've done just that.
Me: (made like 2 steps from there while trying to give hubby d I'm confused/trouble sign). I was whispering to myself...No freaking way mehn....atawewe don make am dis far, fret not Biola. So I went back to her. cry undecided
Me: Sorry Ma'am, I mean ...I was sent here for secondary inspection and u just handed my docs back to me.
CBP: (smiling and in a very polite manner) Ma'am, I have done that...seen ur receipts and all, verified and u r good to go.
Me: (Smiling back) Oh thanks.

So off to agric, I brought in all sorts dried ponmo,frozen palm oil in Sprite plastic bottle, grinded and ungrinded crayfish, prawns, snacks for my son and his drinks, diff types of dried fish,stock fish, grounded melon seed,packs of knorr chicken,set of curry,thyme and pepper,grinded pepper,yams,dried locust beans,oloyin beans,olootu beans,garri,semo..can't rem all sef.

My yams were seized and e pain me die even as I bury dem reach among my clothes.
Immediately when asked if we had yams, my hubby no even allow dem land before he said Yes emphatically.
I was even trying to use my belle to blackmail dem, with cravings and all but dem no yield.

Wheel chairs are advisable if u r transiting thru Frankfurt o. Also think direct flights are better for preggies cos d stopping and entering got to me at the end. But don't blame me I was trying to avoid houston wahala!

Testimony No 2:
My Mum got her visa this morning in Lagos,she went with her burden of proofs but was not checked. As advised by Happytbaby, she requested for interpreter and the VO asked her if she cud try and she said yes.
Was asked Just 2 questions ( where are u going and why). She replied and White paper given to her and Vo is typing, my mama refused to go o, the security guy came and explained to her and she said she wants her passport that how cum dey collected passport from her and gave her just half a paper.
The guy had to explain the whole process to her again.

I'm grateful to all esp my rose model ladyguinivere, Happytbaby, firsttymum, chloe7, evemama, modath,Omodadi2,theleakytribe, Feddy27, bisoye82 and everybody.

May all our journeys be fruitful and smooth and May the good lord crown all our efforts positively.

43 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 5:21pm On May 19, 2016
Lmao! U dis babe sef... cheesy to where? Oya yarn mi tori privately if u no wan talk am here. Will sure lookout for Leslie. Thanks once again.

feddy27:

I've ported o. grin

My love to Oakbend peeps, look out for Leslie; She's a fantastic labor nurse
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 5:23pm On May 19, 2016
Thanks babe...last time/POE no even fear me like dis but dis missionary own na real feeling. Thanks once again

ozycy:

You never port finish cos before your travel date, you may see another better combo.

Welcome to Amelica @ biollar1

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:38pm On May 19, 2016
Congratulations biollar1 welcome to the other side..double double testimony till the end of the journey IJN

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 5:47pm On May 19, 2016
biollar1:

Lmao! U dis babe sef... cheesy to where? Oya yarn mi tori privately if u no wan talk am here. Will sure lookout for Leslie. Thanks once again.

Atawewe has landed houston!!! Glory to God!

Check ur inbox let's tori privately wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 5:55pm On May 19, 2016
nefertitiram:

Choose your choice
Chai, i had to laugh at the "nwaaaah nwaaaah , it sound more like ajekpako cry grin
I think I will go with the first birth plan.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 6:06pm On May 19, 2016
biollar1:
My people....

Was actually waiting for my mum's interview today before sharing both her interview experience and my POE rundown .

Myself,hubby,son and long belle left Lagos at 35weeks+! Via Lagos-Frankfurt-Newark-Hosuton. Was asked for fit to fly .Had very good seat, nice leg space and empty seats behind me, so I had a row to myself, Hostesses were really nice n friendly and really made me comfortable.
I also requested for wheel chair (it made all the difference in the world). Thanks to @evemama for the heads up. Which kain 33mins waka be that.
For my burden of proof i had: $8,100 cash, receipt of payment made to the hospital ,Doctor's appointment letter, estimated budget sheet, return ticket, Letter of Introduction from my employer and Maternity leave document from my office portal.
I was wheeled to the CBP , stood up for proper interview and this is my transcript. (He actually saw my lady finger belle and pretended not to) undecided

Me: Yes, hand him my medical recs,

(He kept typing and typing and then he says I need to go for secondary inspection to verify my documents)
Me: No problem ( was actually prepared for dis) for my mind...I was like no shaking grin

Here's the drama:
CBP: here are ur docs/passport, hand them over to the security outside the door. Thank you.
Me: lobatan o! I no read dis one for the thread o. Which kain one be dis? I refused to leave her sight. She was already typing on her system.
Me: (made like 2 steps from there while trying to give hubby d I'm confused/trouble sign). I was whispering to myself...No freaking way mehn....atawewe don make am dis far, fret not Biola. So I went back to her. cry undecided
Me: Sorry Ma'am, I mean ...I was sent here for secondary inspection and u just handed my docs back to me.
CBP: (smiling and in a very polite manner) Ma'am, I have done that...seen ur receipts and all, verified and u r good to go.

So off to agric, I brought in all sorts dried ponmo,frozen palm oil in Sprite plastic bottle, grinded and ungrinded crayfish, prawns, snacks for my son and his drinks, diff types of dried fish,stock fish, grounded melon seed,packs of knorr chicken,set of curry,thyme and pepper,grinded pepper,yams,dried locust beans,oloyin beans,olootu beans,garri,semo..can't rem all sef.

My yams were seized and e pain me die even as I bury dem reach among my clothes.
Immediately when asked if we had yams, my hubby no even allow dem land before he said Yes emphatically.
I was even trying to use my belle to blackmail dem, with cravings and all but dem no yield.

Wheel chairs are advisable if u r transiting thru Frankfurt o. Also think direct flights are better for preggies cos d stopping and entering got to me at the end. But don't blame me I was trying to avoid houston wahala!

Testimony No 2:
My Mum got her visa this morning in Lagos,she went with her burden of proofs but was not checked. As advised by Happytbaby, she requested for interpreter and the VO asked her if she cud try and she said yes.
Was asked Just 2 questions ( where are u going and why). She replied and White paper given to her and Vo is typing, my mama refused to go o, the security guy came and explained to her and she said she wants her passport that how cum dey collected passport from her and gave her just half a paper.

I'm grateful to all esp my rose model ladyguinivere, Happytbaby, chloe7, evemama, modath,Omodadi2,theleakytribe, Feddy27, bisoye82 and everybody.

May all our journeys be fruitful and smooth and May the good lord crown all our efforts positively.

Awesome... Simply awesome. Congregations and enjoy your stay.

U said u made hospital payment for oakbend? How did you go about it... I think u are the answer to my prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:18pm On May 19, 2016
Ahhhhh Biola my bone thugs and harmony! cheesy
I been think say uu no get fear for ya body?grin
Why u dey make confused sign give oga? Lol. Ha. Una try o werr well. The flight ticket for all of una plus mama no be small story o.
Chai! I don laff taya. Your mama no wan hear story on top her passport. Congrats dearie. Waiting for the birth testimony

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 7:23pm On May 19, 2016
Amen sis. Many thanks

TheLeakyTribe:
Congratulations biollar1 welcome to the other side..double double testimony till the end of the journey IJN
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 7:26pm On May 19, 2016
Yes I did but that was before.

They stopped accepting wire transfers.

So sorry dear

greatie:

Awesome... Simply awesome. Congregations and enjoy your stay.

U said u made hospital payment for oakbend? How did you go about it... I think u are the answer to my prayers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 7:35pm On May 19, 2016
[quote author=biollar1 post=45775411]

Congrats dear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 7:45pm On May 19, 2016
cheesy u can so say that again o

A very big resounding amen to ur prayers sis.

Thanks once again.

LadyGuinivere:
Ahhhhh Biola my bone thugs and harmony! cheesy
I been think say uu no get fear for ya body?grin
Why u dey make confused sign give oga? Lol. Ha. Una try o werr well. The flight ticket for all of una plus mama no be small story o.
Chai! I don laff taya. Your mama no wan hear story on top her passport. Congrats dearie. Waiting for the birth testimony
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 7:46pm On May 19, 2016
biollar1:

Yes I did but that was before.

They stopped accepting wire transfers.

So sorry dear

Awww cry

Thanks for d info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 7:50pm On May 19, 2016
Hello, please u got the form A from which bank

happytbaby:
I say thank you to Nef, Nnystc and all others that have encouraged Blaize777. I ve been offline all day so by the time I got here, everything had been said.

@ Blaize777: God will lay his healing hands on your baby. You shall not have cause to sorrow in Jesus name.

@ Everyone who contributed in my days of indecision, I say thank you. The Jury is in and its El Paso. Bestie and Hubby tear me warning on saturday to better pick hospital that will accept Form A and lets move on. According to hubby, we cannot be using torchlight to find cheap dollars. Na so i begin email doctoresparati for invoice. They are so responsive!

Long story short, Form A was approved and account was debited today @ 199.5. We paid for both hospital and obgyn and even though there is an additional charge if 250 dollars for prepaying hospital bills.

@Biollar Onidollar Atawewe of God,

I used your hospital reference letter today. The doctor couldnt stop laughing at your stunts. God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Moyetty: 8:32pm On May 19, 2016
Hello house, please any mum to be travelling to Dallas ending of this month of may? Pls reply..thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:30pm On May 19, 2016
@ Biollar congratulations. Too knackered to type
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 9:53pm On May 19, 2016
Hi Blaize777,

How are you and our miracle baby doing today? I read a bit about newborn with low sugar level online today and wanted to share few tips with you.

Breast feeding is said to do the trick of improving the sugar level, so sis relax, pump and be strong so breast milk will flow for Future madam president grin

Also body to body contact (one mama mentioned that yesterday) cuddle her as much as they will allow you to.

Mostly Importantly speak positive to your child and all your wishes will sure come true.

Chin up babe. God will sort you out.

Take care of you.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chicagobound: 10:38pm On May 19, 2016
ozycy:

Chai, i had to laugh at the "nwaaaah nwaaaah , it sound more like ajekpako cry grin
I think I will go with the first birth plan.

Ozycy, nefertitiram,ladyG ; una too much jor. Keep up the good work. God bless you guys and your homes.
Congratulations to all the mommas and porters.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by anizi(f): 10:47pm On May 19, 2016
chloe7:
read the MCA and MA very well or any material you have on legitimacy and stop saying it has been abolished , even though sec 42 has come to play, legitimacy and legitimation still stands , if you are actually in practice then you will know there is still a term called legitimacy and legitimation, where there is conflict of laws one must prevail, LadyGuinivere na my Oga she will shed more light

The Constitution supercedes, where there is a conflict of law
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:55pm On May 19, 2016
Got PTA at stanbic ... 258...traveling next week ... Me and my quadruplets ready to pop

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gbolapupo: 11:10pm On May 19, 2016
Please how did you apply for stanbic pta and is your account old or new. I opened account with them 2 weeks ago
Mumtwins08:
Got PTA at stanbic ... 258...traveling next week ... Me and my quadruplets ready to pop
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by anizi(f): 11:24pm On May 19, 2016
biollar1:
My people....

Myself,hubby,son and long belle left Lagos at 35weeks+! Via Lagos-Frankfurt-Newark-Houston. Was asked for fit to fly .Had very good seat, nice leg space and empty seats behind me, so I had a row to myself, Hostesses were really nice n friendly and really made me comfortable.

Me: Yes, hands him my medical recs,

Here's the drama:

Testimony No 2:

I'm grateful to all esp my rose model ladyguinivere, Happytbaby, firsttymum, chloe7, evemama, modath,Omodadi2,theleakytribe, Feddy27, bisoye82 and everybody.

Just an advice to all, when traveling with yam/s cut the head and tail part off. I always do that and get away with it. You can also cut in 2 after taking both ends off

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.