Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898030 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oyibo4real: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
Let me also answer present as well grin, indeed d ministry is moving forward cheesy. Congrats 2 all d new mamas n papas, God's Grace 2 all d expectant Mums, n to the new LOs; U're BLESSED! @Bisoye, I specially Tap into ur Blessing, 2nd time I ya Ibeji loading... wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
I'm here grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DebsMed: 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2016
Signed up! I'm here too.... grin cheesy wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 2:35pm On Apr 01, 2016
@Able u have heard it na. Tell Aunty Kindheart to close the account and flag the ssn. So it dosent get used pata pata . At least your husband has given u a go ahead ( my kinda person jawe)
I just get angry when people want to use other people's heads.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
Season 4 Abi errm part 4 yeah!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Able15: 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
Oh thanks for the advice.
please how do i block the electronic access? the processes?
or better still should i inbox you?
Amother4life:

All you have to do is request that she close the account. You don't need to open an account to claim anyone on your taxes either. So,she didn't need to go through all that . Call the lady and share your concern after all she isn't a spirit. If you can't call send a polite email.

You can choose to block electronic access to your Social Security record. When you do this, no one, including you, will be able to see or change your personal information on the Internet or through our automated telephone service. You may want to block your information if you

have been the victim of domestic violence;
have been the victim of identify theft; or
have any reason you do not want your record to be available.
If you block access to your record and then change your mind in the future, you can contact Social Security and ask us to unblock it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mulberry: 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
Mom4ever:

I don collect the puff puff before mulberry go appear. Soooo tasty. Yummyyyy!

you are on your own oo. i don collect the real one sharply smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Able15: 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
ssn office confirmed no fraud yet and they have already put it on watch list.
my concern now is that she might be using it for tax.

thanks for the head up, i appreciate.

anonymousmum:

The truth is that I don't believe any fraud has been committed...yet.

Opening an account is not a crime. When (and If...) it is used illegally, then you have an issue.

For now it's all red flags (i.e the type of account she opened etc). There is no crime yet.

However I support your DH's stand, very pro active. but it may be premautre.

What you can do is tell the SSN office that you think the number has been compromised, and the SSN should be put on a watch list.. That way you are exonerated in the event of any yawa. Keep all correspondence with the IRS safe, as evidence later in the event of any issues.

In addition, you can get your husband to casually mention to your in law that the SSN may be compromised, that "someone" saw the SSN, and you have reported to the IRS so that "no one" does anything funny with the number.

That was she is informed (with style), and does not attempt to do anything funny

You can also ask her that you don't want the account again. Escalate at the bank if you have to. Is it not your child?

It's not easy. All the best. Wisdom is best to direct.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Able15: 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
thanks. #respect
LadyGuinivere:
@Able u have heard it na. Tell Aunty Kindheart to close the account and flag the ssn. So it dosent get used pata pata . At least your husband has given u a go ahead ( my kinda person jawe)
I just get angry when people want to use other people's heads.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
Part 4...present!!! grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
I dey inside part 4 o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mrsbw: 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Hmmmm! Na so bus go take lef person o! God forbid! I also mark present!
Wait O! So we go dey tell people now to read parts 1-4 ?
Chai see homework for houston cbps o! I wonder if they too don codedly mark their own present? shocked cheesy

LadyG i couldnt quote that your post again. I leave the gangsterism for other people. Me I no get mind grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by collins011(m): 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
Amother4life:

All you have to do is request that she close the account. You don't need to open an account to claim anyone on your taxes either. So,she didn't need to go through all that . Call the lady and share your concern after all she isn't a spirit. If you can't call send a polite email.

You can choose to block electronic access to your Social Security record. When you do this, no one, including you, will be able to see or change your personal information on the Internet or through our automated telephone service. You may want to block your information if you

have been the victim of domestic violence;
have been the victim of identify theft; or
have any reason you do not want your record to be available.
If you block access to your record and then change your mind in the future, you can contact Social Security and ask us to unblock it.

Talking about SSN I want to know if it has any affect for the mother to use her daughter SSN?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nawa see the speed when we. Take enter part 4 happy nu month

Please any good news with stanbic PtA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bimdazzle: 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hi all, I mark present too. Pls how can I request for PTA from stanbicibtc online.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChicMalkia: 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
That's alright, I had a feeling you would do that but decided to try anyways grin...I actually only put it on here cos its an all women platform helping women and believe some women will benefit from it...

By the way, great job moderating...

justwise:
@ChicMalkia

I'm sorry i have to remove your last post because this is not the appropriate place for it.

Start a thread in religion section for that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hello House my Edd is May 28 and I was stamped on entry June 2. I came in February what can I do. Please advice me because I would need an extension.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MiddyO(f): 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
Present. Happy new month everyone! Congrats to the new parents!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
So, I posted for the first time today, but my post gets removed by @Justwise, leaving only the incomplete post that I mistakenly sent. That's discouragin sir, I must say.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
Enizo:
Nawa see the speed when we. Take enter part 4 happy nu month

Please any good news with stanbic PtA

Heard they sold 1k5 in the morning, and later reduced to 1k in the afternoon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
CassyO:

Hello House my Edd is May 28 and I was stamped on entry June 2. I came in February what can I do. Please advice me because I would need an extension.
That's 3 months? What did u say was ur purpose in the US?
Check online. The process is online. A quick google search will show u the criteria and procedure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
Bimdazzle:
Hi all, I mark present too. Pls how can I request for PTA from stanbicibtc online.

Send email to SIBTCBDC@stanbic.com requesting for PTA and attach ur documents: ticket, passport, visa, account number, BVN, and phone number.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
oluphilip2008:
So, I posted for the first time today, but my post gets removed by @Justwise, leaving only the incomplete post that I mistakenly sent. That's discouragin sir, I must say.

You posted the same thing twice hence i have to remove one.

It was your mistake so don't blame me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2016
CassyO:

You went far too early, did you tell them at POE your purpose of going to US?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chicagobound: 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
Part 4. Wow, long time guys.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by zeeLady: 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
I just joined nairaland and would need views on this.

I applied for a B2 Visa and had my appointment last week for the purpose of childbirth. I had my doctors correspondence and bill and i went without my Hubby. i drafted my budget based on Doctors&hospital bill which altogether came to about #800,000. I had #840,000 and intended to stay in a suite for 2 nights before moving to a relatives place and my relative had written me a letter of accommodation(which i went with to the interview but it was never requested for). The hospital and relatives place are all in Houston. On my Ds160 i used the address of the suite as where i would be staying because at the time i applied and booked i was yet to get my relatives candid YES. Eventually the interview was Unsuccessful. it went like this:

ME: good morning
VO: good morning, why do you want to go to the US
ME: i will like to have my baby there.
VO: get your doctors correspondence and statement of account
ME: handed them out (because i had already arranged them......correspondence, budget, hubby sponsorship letter, hubby company introduction letter, hubby bank statement)
VO: (after reading through all docs line by line) you think about $6k will do for childbirth
ME: I made my budget based on the bills thee doctor sent me.
VO: for your informationn, childbirth will cost you $10k -$12k. (He typed for what seemed like forever while i waited while looking intently at him.)
VO: (finally looked up) Sorry i cant issue you bla bla.....................you simply dont have money for it. (gave me the green paper)

he nerver askedd me any other question. just those two questions. Though i didnt start planning on time and so didnt have the money to prove at the time, the money i and hubby were expecting has finally come and i am thinking of reapplying. I know with close monitoring on the CGIFE website i can get an appointment in an short as 4 days. My concerns are these:

1. How will it look my appearing there again after just 2weeks.

2. will it paint me a lier if i finally use my relatives address as where i will be staying on the new DS160

3. How will i be able to explain the new bank statement which now has more money without looking suspicious.

4. Does it make any difference if i go with my husband this time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fruitilicious: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
Part 4 already? Nice one peeps! To think I followed this thread from part 1 before the tsunami lol...and my baby would be 2 come May. God bless you all especially the likes of Phema, Uchetobi,mamacajah,T vegas, Justwise, Lady G abeg una too many lol chop HOLY kiss tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
@Lady G and others on the agent issue, not yet o but if my employer asks me to go home I might consider it. Just that I have people around me that need help, filled for my preggie friend and then her Mum (left to her she would procrastinate till it's too late) also filled forms for my Mum, husband and I for drop box renewal. Even though am the one suffering from morning sickness and low on energy I am still my husband's secretary and had to fill his. Which brings me back to the issue that has been overflogged here about people doing things for themself. The thing is some people are just not cut out to do these things. It's not in their nature so they will either need a Lady G as a family member, friend or need an agent.

@ Bisoye82, congrats on the twins, may God keep them. How I wish I am having twins too ! Maybe if I just go for scan next week the sonologist will be like 'hey Mama, you 've got two babies in here'

@ the lady with the easy Houston POE experience, (too lazy to go back and check your name), congratulations. I am almost considering buying United based on your experience but na lie I never chop that kind liver.

I am still ticket hunting o. Please can someone tell me the name of the person that posted that travel agent that was getting cheaper tickets abeg? I need to search the person's post for number.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
@Taline,

You may want to go to part 1 and check posts by Ibitsiam. She is a Moroccan living in Dubai, maybe you will get an idea of what to say. You may be able to send her a PM although I doubt she is still active here. Like someone has pointed out 'better medical care' would not be a good idea.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
zeeLady:
I just joined nairaland and would need views on this.

I applied for a B2 Visa and had my appointment last week for the purpose of childbirth. I had my doctors correspondence and bill and i went without my Hubby. i drafted my budget based on Doctors&hospital bill which altogether came to about #800,000. I had #840,000 and intended to stay in a suite for 2 nights before moving to a relatives place and my relative had written me a letter of accommodation(which i went with to the interview but it was never requested for). The hospital and relatives place are all in Houston. On my Ds160 i used the address of the suite as where i would be staying because at the time i applied and booked i was yet to get my relatives candid YES. Eventually the interview was Unsuccessful. it went like this:

ME: good morning
VO: good morning, why do you want to go to the US
ME: i will like to have my baby there.
VO: get your doctors correspondence and statement of account
ME: handed them out (because i had already arranged them......correspondence, budget, hubby sponsorship letter, hubby company introduction letter, hubby bank statement)
VO: (after reading through all docs line by line) you think about $6k will do for childbirth
ME: I made my budget based on the bills thee doctor sent me.
VO: for your informationn, childbirth will cost you $10k -$12k. (He typed for what seemed like forever while i waited while looking intently at him.)
VO: (finally looked up) Sorry i cant issue you bla bla.....................you simply dont have money for it. (gave me the green paper)

he nerver askedd me any other question. just those two questions. Though i didnt start planning on time and so didnt have the money to prove at the time, the money i and hubby were expecting has finally come and i am thinking of reapplying. I know with close monitoring on the CGIFE website i can get an appointment in an short as 4 days. My concerns are these:

1. How will it look my appearing there again after just 2weeks.

2. will it paint me a lier if i finally use my relatives address as where i will be staying on the new DS160

3. How will i be able to explain the new bank statement which now has more money without looking suspicious.

4. Does it make any difference if i go with my husband this time.

If your total budget is 800k, then you've not done your homework well. Apart from the main hospital bill, there are other bills like Anaesthesia, NICS, etc.
1. Applying in 2weeks interval might be too close but if you don't have time on your side considering your EDD, you can change your interview to Lagos or Abuja depending on where you had the previous
2. I don't think your accommodation will be a problem since you even have letter from your relative
3. Bank statement; if you have good explanation, I don't think it can stop you from getting the visa especially wen the monthly income is reasonable.
4.Applying with your hubby may or might not help you, because they also look at your ties back home. So it now depends on wat your hubby do, and guarantee that you are both coming back.

Gurus in the house will also shed more light and answer your questions, I've just tried to answer you from the little I have read here too. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2016
omodadi:

Heard they sold 1k5 in the morning, and later reduced to 1k in the afternoon.

Wow it will become 500 by the time I am ready.

God have mercy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.