Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900532 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
jaykinde:
Hi,
I am a new convert, and I am still pained didn't get to hook on before I made all my decisions, my due date is July and I booked my return ticket for exactly one month after - united airline. Now united airline is cancelling their Nigeria route by end of june, after I paid all my money for direct flight £1531 (sis had to pay from UK). Intend to change my travel date since 1 month may not be enough. United airline says it will cost $2500 to change.

Good people
1. Is/has anybody used Chi St Luke hospital Sugarland Houston
2. how long will it take me to get the SSN and US passport
3. how long will it take to get Nigeria passport
4. Nigeria passport and ETD which will be faster for me since I av just one month for every thing
5. Can anyone help me with Madam Stella or Tanko numbers or contact.

I urgently need answers before LO arrives.

thank you

Check Ozycy 's posts, she had her baby in Houston and she got all her baby's documents in 2 weeks; US passport, SSN and Nigerian visa. So, one month post delivery is enough for you.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 10:59pm On Jun 06, 2016
[quote author=MzYemie post=46334088]Are you using a hospital in Houston or DC? I'm going to Houston

I'll be using a hospital in Virginia. Still doing my research tho...found an affordable Doctor & hospital in Va- "Henrico Doctors Hospital-Richmond",Va...and may change plans to go to houston...Virginia would just be convenient but then again i'm open-minded. When i get there and see how things are,na to port ooo if the need be but for now,this is my plan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by missexiest: 11:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
[quote author=AdomMum post=46339358][/quote]
Am also using henrico doctors hospital,very affordable and good reviews.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 12:47am On Jun 07, 2016
To God be thy Glory , my LO arrived 2 days ago . Dr mbagwu in los angeles as usual was on top of the game.

I am really feeling at home thou I came all alone.

Ended up with csection cos was not dilating well after induction due long labour and babys heart beat was dropping well le.

Bill for csection still same

Wishing all expectant mothers safe delivery, Amen.

39 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 1:38am On Jun 07, 2016
missexiest:

Am also using henrico doctors hospital,very affordable and good reviews.

Oh nice!! I'm sure your due date is near. Please have me in mind as i would like to know how your experience goes!
I'll be in the States in August (leaving naija last day in July)...due in September. Will pm you for details,please...after your delivery.
Wish you safe delivery in the hebrew woman's way!

E-hugzzz!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 1:40am On Jun 07, 2016
Congratulations!!!!!! God bless your LO!!
njidekachi:
To God be thy Glory , my LO arrived 2 days ago . Dr mbagwu in los angeles as usual was on top of the game.

Ended up with csection cos was not dilating well after induction due long labour and babys heart beat was dropping well le.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 1:52am On Jun 07, 2016
For those with one month plus extra stay after birth, u can request for your baby American passport from the post office. Think the fee is 179. Pay extra 14 dollars to get it in two weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 1:59am On Jun 07, 2016
Pls any mama going to houston this week or next?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 2:26am On Jun 07, 2016
Congrats Kemi

Kemo88:
Hi everyone,
On my onward journey to Alaska(since na me be the first person on this thread to go that route lol and Seattle POE experience has only been mentioned on this birthing thread once or twice lol) ... here's my POE experience

I flew emirates airline with my mum on Wednesday(7hrs to dubai, 14hrs to Seattle, 3hrs to Alaska.... shortest flight time i saw of all the airlines), got to Seattle and the line at immigration was so long and moved very slowly. I didn't book a wheelchair cos i wanted to form James bond lol. We stood for over 1hr30mins and at some point i left my mum on the line and had to find somewhere do rest my back. i was so scared, i kept praying in my mind, mum kept praying too

CBP: Hi, how's it doing?
me: great, how about yourself?
cbp: Can't complain... passports please
hands over passports to him
me: this is my mum
cbp: ok ok... so you are going to Alaska for fishing, hiking and camping?
me: no. i'm here to have my baby
cbp: * stretches over his screen to look at my belly
i moved back so he can see me
cbp: oh wow, i did not notice that. so, How pregnant are you?
me: 35weeks( praying in my mind that he shouldnt send me for secondary inspection)
cbp: why alaska though?
me: i was here earlier in the year and i saw and booked a doctor....
CBP: * he interrupted me and went on to say... mum can you scan your four finger
my mum scanned hers
cbp: switch with mum and scan your fingers
i scanned mine
cbp: husband coming in at any point on your journey?
me: no, there's so much going on at work and hes busy
cbp: too busy to take care of you?
me: Oh my, when you put it like that
cbp: * he just laughed for a while... how much do you have for this trip?
me: 19thousand USD
cbp: how much cash?
me: 8100 USD and the rest on our cards
cbp: what do you do?
me: i'm a .....
cbp: and husband?
me: hes a .....
cbp: how long do you think you will need to be here for?
me: 9weeks
cbp: well i am gonna go ahead and stamp you in until December in case you need to stay that long. But i'm sure you wouldn't want to be in Alaska in December
me: Alaska in December no
Cbp: *laughs again... you ladies have a safe trip. careful with the baby, lots of mosquitoes in Alaska
me: ok thanks.. have a good one
cbp: you too

We were sent to Agriculture, i was so sad and almost crying. My mum was telling me to keep calm...
The officer at agric asked me if i have food, i said " yeah, i have cereal, chips, doughnuts and the pear i was given on the plane( although i had cereal chips and doughnuts i was too scared to mention the other things in the bag like Egusi, pap etc, ogbono, milk, crayfish,one bowl of buka stew i booked from one mama put and carried in my luggage cos i craved it alot in naija etc)"

They scanned my bag, they were too busy focusing on the pear that they didnt search my main luggage. i opened my handbag and gave them the pear and just walked away so fast before they remember the main luggage( i was too scared) lol

As a FTM, I'm grateful to God, i'm grateful for this thread..... to think that my initial plan before i found this thread was to go as early as 5months, not declare being pregnant and stay till i put to bed, but this thread taught me that it's ok to be honest and it's not illegal to birth in the US. Y'all are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 2:35am On Jun 07, 2016
HouseofMabella:
Hello everyone , my baby BC is out, but d SSN is taking too long to be ready here in Maryland, pls what can I do? I was to told it will be mailed to my address, but it been 2weeks now , I need it for my baby blue passport.

Hello, pls how long did it take before your BC came back.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 3:02am On Jun 07, 2016
It depends

Hospital fees is almost same if not same

Northwest gynaes r cheaper than oakbend gynaes but the paed fees abi na group of paed fees will def take u aback.

So it's really a tyt one.

A very big resounding amen to ur prayer. God bless us all

amanda0:

Thank you dear.
Please I wanted to ask oakbend and northwest medical which is cheaper. Wanted to use northwest but it's really far from me here in strafford.
Please suggest have appointment today with dr xydas want to call Dr Ezekiel office too. Just need advise on which is cheaper
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 3:16am On Jun 07, 2016
Congrats dear...God bless the lil one.

njidekachi:

Mr fred into real estate ( my host, i am currently in one of his apartment) was God sent from above. May God reward him richly cos he has been very helpful and kind . I am really feeling at home thou I came all alone.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 5:50am On Jun 07, 2016
njidekachi:

Next week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 7:41am On Jun 07, 2016
@njidekachi,

Congratulations darling. Responded to your mail. Welcome LO.

@mamas/papas in da house,

Pleasea m a FTM and will stay with a friend when I travel. Since I plan not to be 100%parasitic on her,what do I go with from naija(foodstuffs etc) biko, make una guide me with lists. I've seen articles where the abroad based complain seriously and I don't want my friend to join them. Na dollar crisis put me in this corner as I might be buying dollar at 258/$ instead of 200/$ that I envisaged.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 7:57am On Jun 07, 2016
Travelling tomorrow.

njidekachi:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Jollybaby: 8:38am On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=njidekachi post=46341076]To God be thy Glory , my LO arrived 2 days ago . Dr mbagwu in los angeles as usual was on top of the game.

Congrats dear God bless and keep u both.it is a thing of joy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 07, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@njidekachi,

Congratulations darling. Responded to your mail. Welcome LO.

@mamas/papas in da house,

Pleasea m a FTM and will stay with a friend when I travel. Since I plan not to be 100%parasitic on her,what do I go with from naija(foodstuffs etc) biko, make una guide me with lists. I've seen articles where the abroad based complain seriously and I don't want my friend to join them. Na dollar crisis put me in this corner as I might be buying dollar at 258/$ instead of 200/$ that I envisaged.
anonymousmum said stanbic has increased from 258 to 278 or so, try to source for another bank that will be willing to sell at cbn rate because that 278 too much biko, as for food lists I will mention a few I always carry for my family whenever i'm travelling others too will add theirs to my list if e no complete, I always carry grinded ogbono, egusi, garri, knorr cubes, Ede pupa ( that big red crayfish) ,panla(stock fish) bournvita ( my friend is a huge fan of it so I always carry it),Cameroon pepper(small quantity), the normal small small crayfish. All these I buy from oyingbo market. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 07, 2016
Njidekachi congratulations, may God keep you and your LO, take good care of yourself o as a ftm and cs too without any company, it is well with you kiss Ehugs kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 8:55am On Jun 07, 2016
Good morning all!!

Good morning @Oluphilip2008...i saw you tried to pm me...i do not know how to view pms on nairaland platform oo..the thing is not user friendly or maybe cz i'm new to the registration.
I see you are based in abj...please contact me oo let us rub minds together! Thank you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:05am On Jun 07, 2016
njidekachi:

Mr fred into real estate ( my host, i am currently in one of his apartment) was God sent from above. May God reward him richly cos he has been very helpful and kind . I am really feeling at home thou I came all alone.

Congrats darling! God be praised! So happy for you. Love to your lil one and take care of yourself

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2016
@Njidekachi,congratulations NNE.Our God is faithful oh,please take care of yourself and baby oh,I know its not easy but God is your strength.Stay blessed.

NNE Biko,when you are lil free,can you please help with your contact for accommodation, help a sister oh.God bless you.

@Nnystc,hope ur OK?Dr doesn't pick,its Blanca that does and the accommodation she referred to me was pricey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 9:32am On Jun 07, 2016
Good morning newmomma2be,
thank God for a safe journey and uneventful POE.

please share your POE story o
I will PM you.

newmomma2be:

Hi cutie333,

Now live in Atlanta! Got in on Sunday, uneventful POE and been sleeeeeeping since then.

Meeting Dr Andrews later in the week.

Wish you a safe trip when you come

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2016
AdomMum:
Good morning all!!

Good morning @Oluphilip2008...i saw you tried to pm me...i do not know how to view pms on nairaland platform oo..the thing is not user friendly or maybe cz i'm new to the registration.
I see you are based in abj...please contact me oo let us rub minds together! Thank you!

I'm based in Abj. I'll really appreciate if can rub minds together too. Kindly contact me on oluphilip2008@gmail.com.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Varvara: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2016
DeeUzor:
Thanks a lot.

Still waiting for LA recommendations. Especially around the Fontana area.

Only recommendation I have seen since is Dr Mbagwu at the St Francis hospital.

When is your due ? i'm going to do the same
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 11:09am On Jun 07, 2016
oluphilip2008:

I'm based in Abj. I'll really appreciate if can rub minds together too. Kindly contact me on oluphilip2008@gmail.com.

I've sent you a mail oo..hope to hear from you soon! Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lucypratt: 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
hi,
pls help with affordable accomodation in la
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gloriousmum: 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ok my Friend who has a B1/B2 Visa travelled last night through Chicago POE . She get mind sha. She was not asked if she was pregnant during her interview but when asked if she will see a Doc she said maybe. So with advice from this thread and good friends she did a letter of intend. And her POE experience went like this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lucypratt: 12:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
njidekachi:

congrats pls help with accomodation tried to pm u. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gloriousmum: 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
VO: purpose of travelling
My friend: vacation and child birth
Vo: thought you won't say with your long tummy because nigerians can lie
DH:not at all
VO: when you got the Visa did you tell them it's for child birth
Wify: they didn't ask. They just said if I will see a Doc and I said maybe.
VO: ok. We're does DH works. How much do u have. How do you intend to pay with cards as nigeria cards have limits
DH: has 9K. Has 4 cards. Wify has 7 cards
Vo: we transfer you to secondary inspection
Dh: okì
Vo: you don't look scared. A nigerian lady begged me not to send her there.
DH: nothing to fear since I'm not lying

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
This accommodation thing is serious. All the websites that my friends shared with me are not even loading on my phone. Intown and the rest are pricey in my own opinion.

In UK, my friend was paying £500 for his big double room (in London) in a shared apartment till he left while I still pay £350 for a one bedroom flat. With bills and taxes, about £500-£750!

This Texas is saying $1000-$1200 per mnth and I am staying for longer than a mnth. Also, I dnt want to stay alone cos I dnt even know what to look out for closer to EDD.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2016
lucypratt:
hi,
pls help with affordable accomodation in la

Hi Lucy! I see you tried to contact me. Please send me your email so we can chat from there. Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
Newmomma2be please send me a PM when you are free.
I lost most of my mails and cant find your
thanks

cutie333:
Good morning newmomma2be,
thank God for a safe journey and uneventful POE.

please share your POE story o
I will PM you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.