Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900910 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
firsttymum:
but how

Went to renew.

They called me for interview

I went

They asked for receipts. Gave them. She took it, went thru it, took it in, brought it out. Typed and typed. Then returned it.

There you go. I don submit receipt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 9:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello mamas, please i need help. Called oakbend and Methodist and i was told no wire transfers. Am really banking on this form A thingy.

Please who has done the wire transfers for these hospital and how did you go about it.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ashedzi: 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
On this dollar matter, just this morning I needed 2 change my dollars, D Mallam is someone I know very well,he told me the rate had gone down to #335 =$1 from #340, I was even saying that speculations are that it will really crash. Only 4 him to call me this evening that the Closing price as @ cob 2day was #340 to $1 meaning is going up, the Mallam was saying it won't come dwn imdtly because those traveling to Mecca are all huzzling 4 it making supply limited 4 now, and the bank thing does not take effect imdtly. May God help 9ja & help her find da right direction.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Juxen: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello everyone, please who has successfully booked a flight with delta airlines. Am trying to book online and am getting an error message that only see certain countries (Nigeria excluded) can book at delta.com
Please help a desperate sister
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Msp: 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hi! Call their lagos or abj office number to make a reservation because you cannot bok online.

Juxen:
Hello everyone, please who has successfully booked a flight with delta airlines. Am trying to book online and am getting an error message that only see certain countries (Nigeria excluded) can book at delta.com
Please help a desperate sister
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abioolly: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
I also got into Bronx today...email me ..let's search together Abiola.adeoye2@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mama2016: 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
firsttymum:
it's a suggestion that works.... I don't have any
ok, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abioolly: 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Tanx to everyone in dis forum...V bin a silent readers and u all helped...Got in newyork tru JFK ...entered crap arik...though enough space to sleep the plane was empty but food n entertainment was nonsense...did fit to fly at the port health at the airport...
Scanned my passport..
The officer asked wat i came for..I said vacation n child birth..he didn even notice I was pregnant
.he said for citizenship..I said no better health,he den took me for secondary inspection spent 2hrs...I was been drilled but I got all docs...Pls note change of intent letter to embassy is very important and docs correspondence...I was asked many questions and what do i do and what hubby does...I was carrying lk dollars and i explained scarcity of dollars in my country but I v money on my cards...
She was still not satified..I started prayin in my mind..God of adeboye...she went to call someone else after much deliberation...i was stamped 6months even though my visa ll expire oct...i cant thank enough...God bless u all

Safe deliveries to all preggos

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 2:04am On Jun 21, 2016
KLC2016:
Good day Fam,

Please do they allow one carry stock fish in plane?

If yes....Please those that have carried stock fish, grounded egusi, ogbono and pap....how did u package them?

Thanks a lot and God bless

Yes they allow but I would tell u it's better u pack all these things u mentioned in a particular bag and declare it. No hide it in between clothes. Am in dallas right now&I came in almost 2 weeks ago. I had a small travelling bag that had crayfish,stock fish,egusI,dry pepper,ogbono,pepper soup spice,noodles,palm oil and Maggi. I declared everything even the cbp were laughing at me that Nigerians ooo,that did I bring fufu and okazi. It wasn't stressful but most of all ask for favor.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Juxen: 2:30am On Jun 21, 2016
Msp:
Hi! Call their lagos or abj office number to make a reservation because you cannot bok online.

Thank you so much I truly appreciate this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mummybee: 3:18am On Jun 21, 2016
greatie:

My dear, he said that he really doesnt like taking his patients to oakbend cos they've not upgraded their services yet they increased the price. He prefer Methodist and St Luke.

Mamas who are already using oakbend please help clarify this cos i got my quote in December.

Ps: havent gone to the these hospitals to make enquiries though.

You're very correct. He also said they have more experienced nurses @ methodist. But note that if you must use methodist, it is compulsory you pay $1500 for epidural before you'll be registered. Your money will be refunded if you don't use it.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 3:55am On Jun 21, 2016
feddy27:
Good news!!!

My mother-in-law just got her visa in abuja this morning 10am

Transcript
VO: Good morning and very nice dress...lol. Where are you going in the US?
MIL: Good morning, thanks for the compliments. Heading to LA
VO: What for?
MIL: To assist daughter in law that will be having her 2nd baby (gave her my visa page)
VO: where did she have the first obe?
MIL: Houston, Texas
VO: How many children and grandchildren do you have?
MIL: 5 children, 4 granchildren
VO: Your visa is approved. Tell your daughter in law to submit receipts of previous birth and keep them handy when travelling too.

No document was asked for or checked.

Please has anyone submitted receipts after child birth?

Yayyy congrats

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jaykinde: 5:00am On Jun 21, 2016
Hi.

So you are saying me and LO don enter trouble. I actually bought United Airline but We learnt they are moving us to Lufthansa cos they are stopping by Jume 30.

What of their luggage allowance for LO is it 23kg or 46kg. I really need to know.

Please assist

quote author=jinglesbaby post=46689795]Try flying Lufthansa, then you will know what strict really is. Flew them a second time and they told me that my hand luggage was too big for their 'danfo-bus-type-waste-basket' specification. They refused to check me in! 30mins to departure, I found a cleaner with transparent bin bag after running around the airport looking for an alternative. I emptied the suitcase (with all my underwear)into the transparent bin-bag (imagine the stares I got from pple around!) and squeezed it into their 'basket scale for hand luggage' before they checked me in. I had barely left the check-in desk when I heard my name being announced to hurry up to the gate cos the gate was about to close! My dear, I carried my bin-bag on my head like those 'agege bread hawkers' and started running to the gate o!
Thank goodness I made it! Infact, I was the last to board the plane. Supervisor at the boarding gate had to beg security to just let me get on because she saw that they wanted to start harassing me about my bin bag not meeting the specs again!

For the return leg, I wanted to change the date but Lufthansa said it was non-flexible and even non-refundable! I had to fly Emirates which was absolutely superb to and fro! I travelled on the double-decker plane from DXB to my destination and back to DXB!
NEVER PATRONISING LUFTHANSA AGAIN! NEVER AND I WOULD NOT ENCOURAGE MY ENEMY TO EVEN PATRONISE THEM!

I asked for extra food on the Frankfurt to LOS leg to make up for the early am trouble. Apart from the extra food, another good thing is the short travelling time.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 5:24am On Jun 21, 2016
jaykinde:
Hi.

So you are saying me and LO don enter trouble. I actually bought United Airline but We learnt they are moving us to Lufthansa cos they are stopping by Jume 30.

What of their luggage allowance for LO is it 23kg or 46kg. I really need to know.

Please assist

quote author=jinglesbaby post=46689795]Try flying Lufthansa, then you will know what strict really is. Flew them a second time and they told me that my hand luggage was too big for their 'danfo-bus-type-waste-basket' specification. They refused to check me in! 30mins to departure, I found a cleaner with transparent bin bag after running around the airport looking for an alternative. I emptied the suitcase (with all my underwear)into the transparent bin-bag (imagine the stares I got from pple around!) and squeezed it into their 'basket scale for hand luggage' before they checked me in. I had barely left the check-in desk when I heard my name being announced to hurry up to the gate cos the gate was about to close! My dear, I carried my bin-bag on my head like those 'agege bread hawkers' and started running to the gate o!
Thank goodness I made it! Infact, I was the last to board the plane. Supervisor at the boarding gate had to beg security to just let me get on because she saw that they wanted to start harassing me about my bin bag not meeting the specs again!

For the return leg, I wanted to change the date but Lufthansa said it was non-flexible and even non-refundable! I had to fly Emirates which was absolutely superb to and fro! I travelled on the double-decker plane from DXB to my destination and back to DXB!
NEVER PATRONISING LUFTHANSA AGAIN! NEVER AND I WOULD NOT ENCOURAGE MY ENEMY TO EVEN PATRONISE THEM!

I asked for extra food on the Frankfurt to LOS leg to make up for the early am trouble. Apart from the extra food, another good thing is the short travelling time.

23kg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amanda0: 5:40am On Jun 21, 2016
wolefola:

Unless u av so much time on your hand to wait for the pead bill if not go to their office at the hospital and request for your bill or else dey might say u do not qualify for healthy baby package and give u d standard price after one month.

Hey dear,
I am due next month using Dr Xydas wanted to know more about the healthy baby package cause Shelly told me about it. Again how long before you can get zero balance from the hospital can you get it when leaving the hospital or soon after that. About birth certificate I heard you can get it after 24 hours of birth is that true.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amanda0: 5:50am On Jun 21, 2016
osat82:
Hello everyone,trust you are all doing good,Thank God I had my baby boy via C-Section on Monday at HNMC,I used Dr Morgan,intially I was pissed about aving a repeat c section but I am glad a did cos my baby weighed 4.4kg,I don't think I could AV survived pushing him out of me. Everything went well,they were not able to give me epidural cos for some reason it wasn't staying so I was put to sleep. So far everything went well I am good and my baby is healthy no complications,I AV paid my bills paid,3k dr fees and 3500 hospital bills and 750 epidural,I was discharged and I got a letter from d hospital stating I AV performed my financial obligations,however I am still expecting the pediatrician's bill,when I called I was told my son's info wasn't yet in their billing system and I should check next week.
But I must say HNMC wasn't nice when it came to giving free things,I was give six 40mls similac,and 10 diapers and a pack of baby wipe. And they wore a top for my baby through out our 2 night stay,the top was old and worn out,I wished I had brought my own stuff from the start.
Anyway boy is doing good Alhamdulilah

Hey dear,
Congrats on your little one. Am using same hospital next month pls how soon do you get the letter from the hospital stating you have performed financial obligations I have paid my fees at the hospital and for epidural and doctor too.How did you see the services at the hospital particularly the nursing care and recovery room. I have heard they are stingy at the hospital too with freebies too bad. Pls is there a couch for someone to stay in the room cause I have my mother with but not sure where she can stay . Apart from the free stuff how do you see the services accommodation, food and nursing care.
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amanda0: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2016
nefertitiram:

What I did was harass the living daylight out of customer care. Just have your passport numbers handy when you call them.

Holla me for cheap tickets! grin I've found one crazy deal
Please what deal on cheap tickets.my email is fbofoma@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mrsbw: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2016
Guys, please lets be wary of telling even little lies at the POE. A colleague's wife was sent back from Etihad POE on sunday for lying that she did not know anyone in the US when asked. She was told to put on her phone and the last dialled no was a yankee no, who they later found out was her distant relative; and she was turned back.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Thankful11011: 7:39am On Jun 21, 2016
Hello house, please how long does it for renewal through Dropbox, am renewing my b1/b2 visa which expired last year may although this time around I clicked b2 for renewal, it's been 7 working days n am getting very anxious,
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:04am On Jun 21, 2016
nefertitiram:

Went to renew.

They called me for interview

I went

They asked for receipts. Gave them. She took it, went thru it, took it in, brought it out. Typed and typed. Then returned it.

There you go. I don submit receipt
Oh Ok... Thanks darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2016
mrsbw:
Guys, please lets be wary of telling even little lies at the POE. A colleague's wife was sent back from Etihad POE on sunday for lying that she did not know anyone in the US when asked. She was told to put on her phone and the last dialled no was a yankee no, who they later found out was her distant relative; and she was turned back.

wow wow
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:13am On Jun 21, 2016
Abioolly:
Tanx to everyone in dis forum...V bin a silent readers and u all helped...Got in newyork tru JFK ...entered crap arik...though enough space to sleep the plane was empty but food n entertainment was nonsense...did fit to fly at the port health at the airport...
Scanned my passport..
The officer asked wat i came for..I said vacation n child birth..he didn even notice I was pregnant
.he said for citizenship..I said no better health,he den took me for secondary inspection spent 2hrs...I was been drilled but I got all docs... Pls note change of intent letter to embassy is very important and docs correspondence...I was asked many questions and what do i do and what hubby does...I was carrying lk dollars and i explained scarcity of dollars in my country but I v money on my cards...
She was still not satified..I started prayin in my mind..God of adeboye...she went to call someone else after much deliberation...i was stamped 6months even though my visa ll expire oct...i cant thank enough...God bless u all

Safe deliveries to all preggos
congratulations dear.

Change of intent doesn't work for everyone... It's always better and safer to use the visa for the intended purpose...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 8:15am On Jun 21, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Yayyy congrats

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 21, 2016
Hello beautiful mamas,
I have rily been learning alot. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.
Please I have been seeing Nanny services on d budget sheet, pls what is it all about.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2016
tejirikennedy, i see u grin

sup mama?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2016
chimafranks:
Hello beautiful mamas,
I have rily been learning alot. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.
Please I have been seeing Nanny services on d budget sheet, pls what is it all about.
Thank you
shocked shocked
Erm like the name implies nanny services...
Who is a nanny?

According to Google
A nanny, childminder, child care provider, or mother's helper (the last designation not to be confused with the slang term "mother's little helper," denoting a tranquilizer pill) is an individual who provides care for one or more children in a family as a service.

So there nanny services is the service the nanny provides.

For example ; If u going with an infant or toddler alone... And u r in labor this service will come in handy if u don't have anyone to take care of ur child.

Furthermore
If u r applying with ur child and u r using and extended stay or bla bla ( that is not staying with anyone) ofcourse questions like who's gonna take of ur child will come up... Therefore budget for it shld show that.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2016
@amanda0 so that's how you just put your number on NL just like that!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2016
amanda0:

Please what deal on cheap tickets.my email is fbofoma@yahoo.co.uk

Seems d deal has scattered! New forex policy has taken effect! #wailing

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.