Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,599 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897954 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:34am On Jun 29, 2016
Udiboy:
Well, I have to ask!

URGENT
Can one carry one Eva bottle of RED OIL to US.
If yes, what quantity?
Thanks

At your own risk!

Personally i dont bcz u cn buy in African shop and the risk of it soiling your cloths or other peoples luggage outweighs d benefits.

However i knw many moms dt havr and will always carry. They say freeze it well and pack in an airtight container and put in luggage at last minute.

But again remember if naija immigration and customs see it, dy will seize it or request roger!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy2: 4:10am On Jun 29, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Passport office downtown.
However they will only attend to you if u hav a flight in less dan 2wks. Plus u need to book an appointment and go with proof.

Not all states have one, so u will need to goggle your state or the nearest one. Same fees apply

Congrats on your successful missionary journey, may the joy last forever. Pls is the proof of flight in 2wks for mother only or one must have booked ticket for the baby also, and if one's flight is in like 3wks where can one process from? Then how soon can one book an appointment at the passport office? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 5:42am On Jun 29, 2016
Thank alot dear.
LadyGuinivere:

1. Personal letter head
2. Personal bnk statement
Much as he owns the business, 'the business' is not sending you abroad. In my opinion, it shows there is a clear structure in the business.
Though u can also carry proof of your husband's business and networth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 6:29am On Jun 29, 2016
Ai000

Once its like a week after you delivered, use Google to find the closest Vital records office to you and go and ask for the BC. Dont wait for the quoted processing time. Like Ajujuju2 said, you cant use the hospital one.

Ajujuju2:

US passport is always processed with the state issued document. So yes u need to go to vital statistics.

SSN is not compulsory if u dnt want the wait. However if u reside with TRUSTWORTHY folks, you can go ahead and request and they will send it to u somehow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 6:31am On Jun 29, 2016
Ajujuju and Mulberry,

Welcome home. May God keep you and your children.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fizzone: 7:02am On Jun 29, 2016
najalady86:
Hellos everyone.
there is a two bedroom luxury accommodation available from 1st July near St francis Hospital, Lynwood, California. Anyone interested should PM me.

In the other news, i have since returned back to Nigeria. Spent exactly six weeks. baby was three weeks when we returned. also got all baby documents in one week.
Bellow is the breakdown of my fees:
Dr: $1000 plus initial visit fee of $262
He accepted all my Naija test and so no further test was done.

Hospital: 2700 including epidural, lab and paediatrician at the Hospital. Went in on false labour but was never charged extra fee
circumcision: 150.
Birth certificate: $28
US passport: 165
Nigeria Visa: 340

Baby ticket: 31,000 Naira. Hubby booked it at Emirates Lagos office and paid in Naira.

I will really say going to California saved me a lot of cash. I am grateful to God for everything including the infos gotten here.

Thanks people .wishing everyone successful visa interviews and seemless POE experience

@najalady

Congratulations.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chizimuzo1986: 8:05am On Jun 29, 2016
Good morning house. Pls i need ur advice. I applied for bi/b2 visa for a conference in January dis year but was refused. I applied alone den but dis time i applied with my wife who is 28 weeks pregnant. I will be going with her for vacation/giving birth. Have around 10 million in my account. My wife got a job with UBA last year. Pls my interview os on 14th july. Pls tell me all i need to do to make d visa application a success
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lovylovy: 8:11am On Jun 29, 2016
thanks mama for the info.
please can you share with your email.

Thanks.

fizzone:

@najalady

Congratulations.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2016
Ajujuju2:

At your own risk!

Personally i dont bcz u cn buy in African shop and the risk of it soiling your cloths or other peoples luggage outweighs d benefits.

However i knw many moms dt havr and will always carry. They say freeze it well and pack in an airtight container and put in luggage at last minute.

But again remember if naija immigration and customs see it, dy will seize it or request roger!

Thank you mama
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mrsbw: 8:41am On Jun 29, 2016
phummy2:

Congrats on your successful missionary journey, may the joy last forever. Pls is the proof of flight in 2wks for mother only or one must have booked ticket for the baby also, and if one's flight is in like 3wks where can one process from? Then how soon can one book an appointment at the passport office? Thanks.

if your flight is within a month and you'll need visa (e.g. your baby will need Nigerian visa on their passport to travel to Nigeria), they'll also attend to you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2016
I P.M you Ajuju.

Ajujuju2:

I bliv they cost abt the same.
However my rates were based on old fees.
Oakbend has increased ans i hear Dr F is taking patients to Chi St. luke. Dunno anyth abt the new hospital.

I have used both doctors and both are really really good obgyns. Professional and passionate about their work.
However my choice of Doc z was based on accessibility.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mrsbw: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2016
Please where is atawewe tongue @biollar1
hope you are good
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by boldbabe: 8:56am On Jun 29, 2016
phummy2:

Infant ticket must not be ready to get the US passport. I rem then in Sept 2013 when i did mine at Houston downtown, i and hubby went with our travel ticket and explained we need to get Nig visa too so that they can process it quickly and the nice lady just said we should return in about two hours same day & it was ready. I got infant ticket after i had gotten the Nig visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2016
Maggie0133:
Hello mummies and daddies in the house. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Please I need to make enquires about Emirates fit to fly. Is it fit to fly from Doctor that's required or port health.

Timely responses will be do appreciated as my travel date is close.

Got mine from my doctor but there must be a stamp. You must get it not more than 14days before your travel. You may need to print the fit to fly certificate (from the website) for your doctor to fill and stamp as well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 9:02am On Jun 29, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Temyb,

Abeg got my fit to fly June 24.for Emirates to fly July 3. Is it too late ? Pls reply so I change date sharply from hospital oo
No... 14days maximum before your travel
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:10am On Jun 29, 2016
TripleKMama:

Maybe u didn't explain well o. Its easier to say tickets are cheapest on Tuesdays by 3pm. But I don't know how u can determine everyone's 6wks to travel time.
D'u see my point?

Pls throw more light cos me too sef want cheap tickets!!

it's a general rule that It's cheaper to book ur ticket 6 weeks before u travel. So now they are saying on a Tuesday by 3pm That when it's best to look for such tickets. moreso Flying on a Monday is cheaper than the rest of the week to.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:17am On Jun 29, 2016
Kemo88:

Got mine from my doctor but there must be a stamp. You must get it not more than 14days before your travel. You may need to print the fit to fly certificate (from the website) for your doctor to fill and stamp as well
Kemo88:

No... 14days maximum before your travel

NO NA
LET'S GIVE INFORMATION WE ARE SURE OF.

FIT TO FLY IS 72 HRS MAXIMUM. CC @ijeomaobi1 @maggie0133

Some airlines even insist it's same day sef.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:21am On Jun 29, 2016
chizimuzo1986:
Good morning house. Pls i need ur advice. I applied for bi/b2 visa for a conference in January dis year but was refused. I applied alone den but dis time i applied with my wife who is 28 weeks pregnant. I will be going with her for vacation/giving birth. Have around 10 million in my account. My wife got a job with UBA last year. Pls my interview os on 14th july. Pls tell me all i need to do to make d visa application a success
check page 105 of part 1 to organize ur document. Then read through the thread for people's transcripts.... that'll give you an idea
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2016
firsttymum:

NO NA

I think She asked for Emirates and I replied for Emirates. I got mine 24th may and travelled 1st June.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:34am On Jun 29, 2016
modified* So I clicked on her name and got all d information I need

cc Estasplash and Simioluwa1

U shld do same...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:35am On Jun 29, 2016
Kemo88:

I think She asked for Emirates and I replied for Emirates. I got mine 24th may and travelled 1st June.
Sweetie u were lucky.
My friend almost missed her flight cos she had to go to port health
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 9:48am On Jun 29, 2016
firsttymum:

Sweetie u were lucky.
My friend almost missed her flight cos she had to go to port health
I guess I was just lucky then. I followed the instructions on the Emirates website that said "14 days maximum"... Thank God i didn't have issues o

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2016
firsttymum:

NO NA

Every airline has its rules. Etihad is maximum of 7days before your flight with plenty other instructions.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by similoluwa1: 10:00am On Jun 29, 2016
najalady86:
Hellos everyone.
there is a two bedroom luxury accommodation available from 1st July near St francis Hospital, Lynwood, California. Anyone interested should PM me.

In the other news, i have since returned back to Nigeria. Spent exactly six weeks. baby was three weeks when we returned. also got all baby documents in one week.
Bellow is the breakdown of my fees:
Dr: $1000 plus initial visit fee of $262
He accepted all my Naija test and so no further test was done.

Hospital: 2700 including epidural, lab and paediatrician at the Hospital. Went in on false labour but was never charged extra fee
circumcision: 150.
Birth certificate: $28
US passport: 165
Nigeria Visa: 340

Baby ticket: 31,000 Naira. Hubby booked it at Emirates Lagos office and paid in Naira.

I will really say going to California saved me a lot of cash. I am grateful to God for everything including the infos gotten here.

Thanks people .wishing everyone successful visa interviews and seemless POE experience

Good morning Najalady86,

Pls i need your help on the Hospital you used in California,

Though i am already working with an hospital in Houston but this your bill is relatively cheaper than what i will spent in Houston and i have inlaws i can stay with in California.

The doctor and how to get in touch with them, an due Sept and travelling August 21 via Emirate.

I need your help with this asap

I don't know how to PM you, my email is similoluwa1@yahoo.co.uk

You can send me the info via mail.

I will really appreciate your prompt and direct response.

Ese ma

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 10:07am On Jun 29, 2016
Just when I started considering Turkish airline, now this?! Pls lets all be prayerful about all our waka! The most important thing is safety of mother and baby. God save us all.
http://m.guardian.ng/news/36-killed-in-istanbul-airport-bombings-as-pm-blames-is/

greatie:

I flew turkish air 2weeks ago and it wasnt bad at all.. Just that their food is crap but entertainment was on point. They spoiled my luggages cry

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 10:08am On Jun 29, 2016
(No offense please)So I can understand that some people on here may be agents or they are not trying to source information for their personal use only. This is fine!! BUT the very least you can do is to be truthful when you PM someone. I got 3 Pms and I think it's the same person.. I stalked two(out of the three who PMed me) of the Users on this thread and realized it's the same person.. They are not even active on here.
Alaska is a very small place (infrastructure wise) and they are only a hand full of hospitals here..
People (indigenes) travel from small villages in Alaska to come have their babies in the major cities in Alaska.
So when you PM me saying you saw a package in Alaska for a certain amount and I ask you which hospital (in what city) and you say a hospital that doesn't exist in Alaska ( and you can't even give the name of the city) then I really don't know what to do to you or your PM lol.
First of, there's really no package in Alaska, you have to pay hospital bills separately from doctors bill, from pediatrician and from labs. Nobody will give you a package inclusive of all. I had to make a trip before this trip to find out all these. I even posted my findings (on this thread) from that initial trip...
I'm sorry if I'm not making sense right now or if I am coming across as harsh, I'm extremely hormonal at the moment.
My point is just ask me in a truthful way and I will be more than willing to help...... No need for dilly dally please. Thanks!

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2016
najalady86:
Hellos everyone.

Welcome back dear and thank God for a successful journey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2016
Ayam officially lost
Abeg make una no dey vex pregnant mommas. Be detailed and open.
Even people dat come to post a breakdown of expenses in d name of Giving Back, dey don't mention some Things like Dr or hosp name and all d fees wen dey know dey'll be asked. Then dey'll start screaming plenty PM.
No be by force o. Na beg we dey beg grin

Kemo88:
(No offense please)So I can understand that some people on here may be agents or they are not trying to source information for their personal use only. This is fine!! BUT the very least you can do is to be truthful when you PM someone. I got 3 Pms and I think it's the same person.. I stalked two(out of the three who PMed me) of the Users on this thread and realized it's the same person.. They are not even active on here.
Alaska is a very small place (infrastructure wise) and they are only a hand full of hospitals here..
People (indigenes) travel from small villages in Alaska to come have their babies in the major cities in Alaska.
So when you PM me saying you saw a package in Alaska for a certain amount and I ask you which hospital (in what city) and you say a hospital that doesn't exist in Alaska ( and you can't even give the name of the city) then I really don't know what to do to you or your PM lol.
First of, there's really no package in Alaska, you have to pay hospital bills separately from doctors bill, from pediatrician and from labs. Nobody will give you a package inclusive of all. I had to make a trip before this trip to find out all these. I even posted my findings (on this thread) from that initial trip...
I'm sorry if I'm not making sense right now or if I am coming across as harsh, I'm extremely hormonal at the moment.
My point is just ask me in a truthful way and I will be more than willing to help...... No need for dilly dally please. Thanks!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 10:30am On Jun 29, 2016
TripleKMama:
Ayam officially lost
Even people dat come to post a breakdown of expenses in d name of Giving Back, dey don't mention some Things like Dr or hosp name and all d fees wen dey know dey'll be asked. Then dey'll start screaming plenty PM.

I'm not sure I understand you. But like I said, ask straight on questions and you will be answered appropriately. I see no reason to hoard information at all. In fact, I will pour out all info like a running tap cos I want no mother to have to make the trip twice like I did.
My point is, it can irk anyone if you are coming across a bit shady. You are obviously not straight forward if you tell me you saw a package and you cannot state correctly the name of the hospital or city in which you saw the package. What am I to do and how do I help?
Please correct me if I'm wrong

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by megastu(m): 11:20am On Jun 29, 2016
Nice to be here again.

There is a lady i advised here and she has successfully given birth and come back. I lost my phone and most contacts didnt come back. Pls if u are still here, holla at me. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:36am On Jun 29, 2016
mrsbw:
Please where is atawewe tongue @biollar1
hope you are good

atawewe is nursing baby... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2016
TripleKMama:
Ayam officially lost

Before asking plenty questions like dr and hospital from someone that is giving back, read thru his/her past post. dey would av definitely shared the info before. nobody is willing to spoon feed and keep repeating him/herself

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.