Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,591 members, 7,861,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (910924 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
Expectme:
Hello All,

My friend needs advice. When he applied for US Visa for vacation with his wife, she was asked if she was pregnant and she said No (she was) but that's because they intended having their baby in Canada and they were advised to say 'No' so as not to be denied the US visa. Well they got the US visa but the Can plans didn't work out.

Now the thing is they want to have their baby in the US. I know their not declaring pregnancy has really hampered their chance of a smooth entry into the US for delivery but how can they rectify this. Can anyone help with advice?

They haven't gone on their vacation yet, they decided to push it to closer to her delivery time (to save money sorta) but the flight prices hike and scarcity of dollars have made them cancel vacation entirely and focus on just having a baby in the US. That means his wife will be travelling alone (through JFK POE) and hubby will be joining much later, when the baby arrives.

Should they write to the Embassy saying they want to have their child in the US (even though they didn't declare pregnancy and they haven't gone on the vacation yet?) I'm thinking they might cancel their Visas entirely, is that possible?

Better still, do they wait till she gets to the POE then say there that she is in the US for vacation and Childbirth?

I know y'all are gonna scold the lying part grin but abeg offer solution too! They want to straighten things out! Thanks!

P:S they didn't know about this Nairaland forum until the damage!

Forgive me if I am paranoid but I'm thinking it's the same person asking this question over and over again.

Anyways, they don't need any letter of whatever. They should just fly to NY and enter POE as a boss, they will given red carpet reception with baloons and rose flowers,

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by similoluwa1: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Good evening everybody, pls does anyone have an email to west houston medical center.

i have called them like 20 times, i keep getting transfers to a number and she is never there to answer the call, goes to voicemail all the time.

pls help me out with the information, if i can email them maybe someone will surely respond or a direct line that someone will surely pick up.

you can send the info to my email- similoluwa1@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks you all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bepop: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
Please my brother needs help. The wife just had a baby in Indiana and they are telling them the birth certificate will take 6 to 8 weeks. They need to come back to Nigeria asap. Please can anyone help how to get this faster? Please it's urgent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kothab: 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
Can you please share Dr F contact details (email id/ phone number) so that I can get the Proof of doctor communication for my visa application. Thanks in advance.

ijeomaobi1:
Hi everyone,

In the spirit of giving back(Yelz finally am saying it), my POE experience.

Left on Sunday with my mum. Got to Houston IAH like 3.45pm on Monday the 4th.

Cbp- hello
Me-hi
Cbp- what u hear for?
Me- to have my baby
Cbp- where do u work
Me- in blah blah
Cbp- how much do u have?
Me- over $9k
Cbp- ok u going to secondary( was in wheelchair and d lady asked if hard or soft, d guy said hard". Afraid catch me but couldn't show it cos of my mum with me)
Hard secondary
Cbp-hello
Me- hi
Cbp- u hear for childbirth?
Yes
Cbp- let me have Ur doctors correspondence
Gave him Dr F and a mail I got from my friend am to stay with
Cbp- how much cash? Bring it for confirmation
Me- gave him d envelope. Do u want me to bring it out?
Cbp- nope just to see it. Ok how long u staying?
2 months.
Alright,make sure u pay all Ur bills and come with it to USA every time.
Me- ok thank u
Cbp- welcome to USA
Agriculture section
I had Palm oil 5litres(froze it for weeks),ogbono,egusi,dryfish,stock fish,garri ijebu,igbo garri,
None was seized. Thank you everyone.
Ehhmm... My appointment with Dr F is this Thursday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
@kothab,

Na for this part 3 and 4 I see am. Please follow check. No pm me for that.
And who is Dr F? U just guessing?? Lolz

Chloe7&nynstc,

Thanks jare. Had to leave LA cos of accommodation wahala and free house for houston. grin
I used Emirates oo. Boughtd ticket since April. Those guys reshuffled my flight from night to afternoon. The waiting time in Dubai is so long!!! Chai.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
They should use Google to find the nearest Vital Records office to their address. They should go there after a week, if its not ready, they will tell them when to come back. They should hold the small slip the was issued to them at the hospital. They should go there physically, not call.

bepop:
Please my brother needs help. The wife just had a baby in Indiana and they are telling them the birth certificate will take 6 to 8 weeks. They need to come back to Nigeria asap. Please can anyone help how to get this faster? Please it's urgent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
similoluwa1:
Good evening everybody, pls does anyone have an email to west houston medical center.

i have called them like 20 times, i keep getting transfers to a number and she is never there to answer the call, goes to voicemail all the time.

pls help me out with the information, if i can email them maybe someone will surely respond or a direct line that someone will surely pick up.

you can send the info to my email- similoluwa1@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks you all.

Am using WHMC and I contacted them on phone,so be sure to call them before 5pm American time,stay on the line until you get what you want.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Expectme: 11:51pm On Jul 06, 2016
nefertitiram:

Forgive me if I am paranoid but I'm thinking it's the same person asking this question over and over again.

Anyways, they don't need any letter of whatever. They should just fly to NY and enter POE as a boss, they will given red carpet reception with baloons and rose flowers,

'read previous posts and you'll find something helpful' is shorter than what you wrote Ma/Sir!

BTW, its not the same person asking the question over again and as far as I've read and they have read... no advice was given for a situation like this and that's they reason why I posted the question!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Expectme: 12:24am On Jul 07, 2016
Please does anyone know someone who has mailed the embassy concerning non-declaration of pregnancy and what was the outcome?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gbolapupo: 12:27am On Jul 07, 2016
The email is ... Rosa.Rodriguez5@Parallon.com.
quin9:

Am using WHMC and I contacted them on phone,so be sure to call them before 5pm American time,stay on the line until you get what you want.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gbolapupo: 12:31am On Jul 07, 2016
You can reach doc fagbohun at ffagbohun@mywomensdoc.com
kothab:
Can you please share Dr F contact details (email id/ phone number) so that I can get the Proof of doctor communication for my visa application. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 1:27am On Jul 07, 2016
Expectme:
Please does anyone know someone who has mailed the embassy concerning non-declaration of pregnancy and what was the outcome?
Yes and her visa was cancelled. Someone on this thread. Can't remember moniker again I think Chizitere or smt

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Expectme: 1:32am On Jul 07, 2016
ozycy:

Yes and her visa was cancelled. Someone on this thread. Can't remember moniker again I think Chizitere or smt

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nazstra: 1:58am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=47266517] no o... He can't. He's only paying 10% of ur ticket [/quote

Thanks a lot dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nazstra: 2:01am On Jul 07, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Just make sure you select Lap infant for him and his bill would be 10% of yours.

Ok dear. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy2: 3:16am On Jul 07, 2016
To the glory of God, had my baby boy 11:53pm on 4th of July and the whole experience was amazing. Had him about 3hours after arriving the hospital and was able to endure the natural process cos in all honesty the idea of a needle being stuck into my spine kinda freaks me out so dint consider it an option (some of us are not that courageous, lol). We are both doing great and have been discharged.

Will post further details of the bills as they begin to arrive but the hospital i used in Snellville Georgia, accepted all my other naija tests but dint have the ones I had to do, hearing test $245 (bill will come later in the mail) and hopefully I can get a discount if possible.

The bills I'm expecting are the pediatrician fees and the hearing test for now and probably lab works done but not sure. Will keep everyone posted about how it goes. Don't know if I'm allowed to post hospital names so I excluded it but it can b found in my previous posts (Eastside) just in case cos I mentioned 2 different ones.

Waiting for bc so I can start doc processing and go back home as I came by myself, left hubby and 2 kids back home (dollar changed plans n summer baby for dt matter lol).

I'm happy I stumbled on this thread, God bless everyone here and success with visa, tickets, pta, form a, Poe, labour and delivery. As for those waiting, God NEVER fails, continue to trust in Him. The vigil has started, sigh! Lol

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veeveen: 6:06am On Jul 07, 2016
bepop:

Was told the same thing. But i called the nearest records office to me. They checked and told me it was ready. When I collected it I saw that the bc was ready about 3 days after delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 7:10am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=KayLayChi post=47158847]

No real club, I was seriously dieting and the belle was just getting big so I had to do a strip test at home before all the scans.

Glad to know I have a partner, they only person that knows is my mum, I'm wondering people's expression and thoughts when they see my belle when I just gave birth in August. Make I talk true shame dey catch me.

If I hear!!!!!
Come make I no vex for you before baba God join me for the vexing. Are you aware that people are fasting and praying for just one pregnancy and you are here saying you are ashamed say u sabi catch goal. Plus u no even feel the morning sickness.people like us wey no fit keep down food during almost thru out the pregnancy. Chai there is God o.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by olokings(m): 7:18am On Jul 07, 2016
One outcome is they will invite you for interview and CANCEL UR VISA WITH PREJUDICE.

continue reading and when you have gathered enough premise, kindly take a decision because however you play it whether good or bad there will always be consequences so just deal with it.
Good luck

Expectme:

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:34am On Jul 07, 2016
I may not totally agree but i'll surely ask my friend to go check dem out! Rmbr dat county hospitals are usually cheaper just like Oakbend Tx. Dey kukuma sound similar grin
I'll research and post findings soon.
Thanks for d info.

MamaOO:

Services at these medical centers are for indigent or underinsured US residents. That's why most of them ask you to bring a photo ID, proof of residency and proof of income. Using their services is tantamount to receiving discounted health care that is meant for US residents that actually need it.

I've read here about people being denied visa renewals because they paid heavily discounted fees for childbirth. Nobody wants to be in that spot. I might be wrong though, please correct me if I am.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:49am On Jul 07, 2016
Pls which Oakhurt medical center is it cos I see more than one in Atl. Its like a group of clinics.
Pls reply my PM with d zip code or actual address. Thanks.
UPDATE: SO I had my friend call and it appears Oakhurst is just a subsidized center for uninsured OR self pay clients...something like a county hosp...same as Oakbend but maybe the latter is more poopular. He got similar quotes with this NLander and theres no hidden charges.
I think County Hospitals are always cheaper but because USA is organized, every medical facility goes thru same standard of operation so u get d same services -sorta.
Dariz all I hav to say before some peeps think Im an agent! tongue

ai100:
Good day all,

The name of the medical center is Oakhurt medical center (a county owned clinic that is partly private and public, its not an hospital). if you already have an hospital you will have to look for obgyn under oakhurt medical center that is attached to the hospital you intend using.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=47160714]

But withdrawal method works na... It works jor. It's just when u mistakenly over enjoy it.

Thanks darling [/quote

I disagree with you on this one cos na withdrawal land my third baby and when I no gree learn baby no 4 came .

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 8:05am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=chikos post=47284665][/quote]

My dear, I thank God. Baby goal I scratch shay. It's just that it's a bad timing for me as I go mat leave last year. Well I'm lucky I haven't taken my annual leave for this year so will try structure my leave she.

Looking for cheap ticket to LAX.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 8:08am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=chikos post=47285947][/quote]

I no go lie say I do withdrawal method I just thought I knew my body.
Please let's start discussing effective family planning methods. The ones with less side effects. Cos after this I'm zipping up. We wanted 3 and the third is on the way.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nazstra: 8:29am On Jul 07, 2016
nefertitiram:

Lagos to NY ONLY oooo!

Hi Nef, it has dawned on me that I might have to go through JFK as things take be now. Pls I sent u a pm. Pls help with the wonderful link u have
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 8:31am On Jul 07, 2016
@Phummy2,congratulations dear. God bless your home.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:41am On Jul 07, 2016
Expectme:

'read previous posts and you'll find something helpful' is shorter than what you wrote Ma/Sir!

BTW, its not the same person asking the question over again and as far as I've read and they have read... no advice was given for a situation like this and that's they reason why I posted the question!

That's not true... Part 2 and part 3 especially this topic was dissected. I even talked about it not long ago
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bepop: 8:41am On Jul 07, 2016
Thank you.
veeveen:

Was told the same thing. But i called the nearest records office to me. They checked and told me it was ready. When I collected it I saw that the bc was ready about 3 days after delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:43am On Jul 07, 2016
[quote author=chikos post=47285947][/quote]
OMG shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.