Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899925 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
Simababe congratulations *inserts dance smiley *
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
damolAyewoh:

Wow!!! I hope I am not a mistake oo, I have booked with Doctor Fagbohun already, it's a good thing he doesn't collect advance payment. Please is there any other doctor I can use? I heared of Doctor Ezekiel, can anyone share there experience. Thanks for this warning message..its really helpful
This is exactly what Nefertitiram is talking about. Even Dr E u are talking about hope u know there are bad reviews here too...
If u don't research u won't have all d first hand info u need

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
@ greatie,

Chai, I feel your pain. From day one I met Dr F, we had issues cos he even hated u asking him questions. Imagine!!!

U for enter Google o for stuffs. I drank peppermint tea,red raspberry tea then I took evening prime rose tablet religiously.
They were all herbal so no side effects.I dilated so fast and doctor was missing. By 7 am I was good to go. Nurse had to tell me to close my legs and wait for doctor .

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
firsttymum:
Simababe congratulations *inserts dance smiley *

Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
Na so I go enter Newyork flight
Ate five times in the plane, the air hostesses were just pampering me,
Got to jfk poe, an african wheeled me again
Poe: how long are u staying
Me: 10weeks
Poe: are you staying with your family
Me: Yea. (he stamped me in till Feb 2017)

I'm chilling at home wit a plate of jasmine rice n obe ata dindin.
Av got a party to attend this wkend. Chaoooo[/quote]

congrats dear, the rest of your your mission shall be smooth as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damolAyewoh: 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
herrik066:
One Fearlesschick is travelling on the same date to same location. You can reach out to her.

@herrik066 Thanks alot. Will check her out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damolAyewoh: 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
firsttymum:

This is exactly what Nefertitiram is talking about. Even Dr E u are talking about hope u know there are bad reviews here too...
If u don't research u won't have all d first hand info u need

In as much as I understand what Nef was trying to say, I just joined nairaland today and I got my Visa since 25th July with my personal researches, didn't even know about this thread. I also got d hospital and Dr F through personal research too. I won't wonna fall into same pit after being warned and how am I to research about the Doctors I don't even know?? I believe every1 is here to learn, so pls allow us learn as Lazilly# as possible, other than paying so much and still putting ur life at risk..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by topefola1: 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
Good evening great mums and mums-to-be, please I would like to ask for your opinions about my passport issue to make my trip smooth.
I got my US visa last year while I was still using my maiden name in my passport. However, I remember vividly that I put my marital name while answering the question of 'Do you have any other name apart from the one on your passport' kind of.
Fast forward, I have a new passport now bearing my marital name but my visa is on the old one.
Thus my question: Do I need to inform the US embassy of this change of name or just go with the two passports and my marriage certificate as evidence?
Note: the visa was issued in UK when I was a student and I used it in December for 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
topefola1:
Good evening great mums and mums-to-be, please I would like to ask for your opinions about my passport issue to make my trip smooth.
I got my US visa last year while I was still using my maiden name in my passport. However, I remember vividly that I put my marital name while answering the question of 'Do you have any other name apart from the one on your passport' kind of.
Fast forward, I have a new passport now bearing my marital name but my visa is on the old one.
Thus my question: Do I need to inform the US embassy of this change of name or just go with the two passports and my marriage certificate as evidence?
Note: the visa was issued in UK when I was a student and I used it in December for 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.

No need to inform the embassy. Go with both passports + marriage cert
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by topefola1: 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2016
Thanks @feddy27 my sure friend on this thread smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Beloved mamas,

Me don't like all this comment stating Dr F is human as such should be allowed to continue his inhumane service!!!! If I didn't research as some stated, must he also not be diligent??

No problem. It is Dr F that will come and advertise that he doesn't want Nigerian patients again. I even wanted a Dr Rosalind or so as she has the best review among his team, na so he vex that am insulting his expertise.

Kontinu to support bad things Nef and feddy27. Diaris God and dis is the period of change tongue tongue

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MzYemie(f): 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
1 million likes for this. I tire o, he should know know when he can't handle more patients based on EDDs, CS schedules etc. Not fair to the patient at all, childbirth is an emotional experience, it'd like to see my Dr that I paid for present when I'm having my baby

firsttymum:
Yer Yer we get people are lazy...
But my own ish with Dr F is why he can't say he's fully booked.
Most Dr's have a "diary" where dey enter scheduled CS, induction etc. Some have secretaries that help with this.. Incase of emergency he politely tells the patient he has an emergency and wld explain to the patient why he has to send a replacement and try to b with d patient as soon as possible. I mean it's not like these women give birth and leave the hospital the next minute.

Let's leave laziness, empathy, medical ethics and whatnot... I'm talking about courtesy. This is life... LIFE.. There's no spare. Where's the care for patient that's preached?
If he's overwhelmed let him say it.
If he's not careful he'll be taught a lesson that'll cost him his license...

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nita2013: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
Sis i see u too ooo. I gave birth June 2nd to a BBB. My hands are full naim make i never fit write birth story but all went well.

Keep up d good work dear.

quote author=feddy27 post=48117850]nita2013, i sight you smiley

hw are you sis?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MzYemie(f): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
That's nice. cOngratulations ... Lucky u sef, SMH for Emirates I even had to beg for a bottle of water which they even refused to give me saying they can only give me 2 small cups of water. Terrible

simababe:
Hmmmmm. Av bn waiting to use this words
"In the spirit of giving back" I got to travelled wit qatar airways yesterday fast forward to doha, thank God for wheel chair, mehn that thing is a life saver. when it was time to board my connecting flight, I was directed to go and meet a USA rep at the airport
Rep: wot r u going to do in the US
Me: for delivery
Rep: did you notify the embassy
Me: yes, I sent a mail (thank God I did on monday)
Rep: can I see ( gave him a printed copy of the sent n received mails, attached to it was the doc correspondences)
Rep: how much do you av on u
Me: 4800 cash, 4700 in BOA acct n other cash in my 9ja account
Rep: are you goin to stay wit ur mum
Me: Nop, my step bro.
Rep; but you told d embassy, u'd stay with you step bro n mum
Me: No, my mum hasn't been in the US b4, so I only told them i'll b staying wit my step bro
Rep; where do you work
Me: I'm a stay home mum
Rep: where does your dh work
Me: Bla Bla bla
Rep: ok that's all.
Me: tnks bye.

Na so I go enter Newyork flight
Ate five times in the plane, the air hostesses were just pampering me,
Got to jfk poe, an african wheeled me again
Poe: how long are u staying
Me: 10weeks
Poe: are you staying with your family
Me: Yea. (he stamped me in till Feb 2017)

I'm chilling at home wit a plate of jasmine rice n obe ata dindin.
Av got a party to attend this wkend. Chaoooo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
I don't even understand why anyone will make excuses for Dr F's laxity. What is wrong is simply wrong! Whether the mamas that chose to use him are lazy or not doesn't come into play here.

He wasn't forced into accepting these patients and moreover, he is not running a charitable organisation. He is paid handsomely for that job, so he should do it well!

When a Dr is fully booked, isn't it reasonable to stop accepting patients? But no, his greed will not let him.

I'm sure he wouldn't do this to his US patients. He knows most Nigerians wouldn't bother suing his a$$.

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Beloved mamas,

Me don't like all this comment stating Dr F is human as such should be allowed to continue his inhumane service!!!! If I didn't research as some stated, must he also not be diligent??

No problem. It is Dr F that will come and advertise that he doesn't want Nigerian patients again. I even wanted a Dr Rosalind or so as she has the best review among his team, na so he vex that am insulting his expertise.

Kontinu to support bad things Nef and feddy27. Diaris God and dis is the period of change tongue tongue

U can imagine! shocked shocked
With his expertise he said my baby weigh 3.7 calculated with his mind without scan only for baby to weigh 2.7.

In all I am grateful to God for a safe delivery. Had a beautiful baby girl with no complications even though she pooped in my womb.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
Congrats teamies simababe and hillyma

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Beloved mamas,

Kontinu to support bad things Nef and fedd..y27. Diaris God and dis is the period of change tongue tongue

Nobody is supporting bad thing! Everyone is very much allowed to speak her view. Sweetie, u must not agree wit me on everytin. It's pretty sad things re turning out dis way. I had my 1st with him and it was great.

One advice I'd give newbies, from the moment u don't feel comfortable with ur doc, dats the beginning of things goin wrong for you!

I tire to talk for dis mata jare, everyone do wat pleases you afterall it's ur hard earned money

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
Heads up people! Virgin Atlantic is doing promo of $1000 to US, make una book sharp sharp before prices go up. Also, Air Maroc is pretty decent as well, if you can brave it!

Finally, which one be all this double POE through Doha? CBP at Doha and at POE, hmmmm!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
Nita2013:
Sis i see u too ooo. I gave birth June 2nd to a BBB. My hands are full naim make i never fit write birth story but all went well.

Keep up d good work dear.

quote author=fedd..y27 post=48117850]nita2013, i sight you smiley

hw are you sis?

Congrats my darling! Ur baby ws almost my birthday mate. I'll chat you up lata

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
firsttymum:
I'll use myself as an example

My placenta refused to detach
I had pph
I was transfused 4 pints of blood.
My baby had cord round his neck
There was shoulder dystosia

Oh yes all of the above happened to me

Now tell me if I was using someone like Dr F and I fell into labor and a nurse took the delivery.. Pls what wld have happened.

Thanks for your input firstymum.If anyone has had bad experiences with any doctor,I think they should share it.
You are a doctor yourself so I totally get the angle you are speaking from.Why run away from ineffiency in our system back home only to travel and spend much and still jam inefficiency?
Let's not wait for serious ish to happen before we start opening up

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
Dwebb55:
Heads up people! Virgin Atlantic is doing promo of $1000 to US, make una book sharp sharp before prices go up. Also, Air Maroc is pretty decent as well, if you can brave it!

Finally, which one be all this double POE through Doha? CBP at Doha and at POE, hmmmm!

Pls which state in the US is that virgin promo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
firsttymum:
With this dollar
Let every dime u r spending be completely worth it.
Haba u shldnt squeeze ur face or complain ontop ur hard earned dollar.
I swear I can't buy dollar for 350 and still be squeezing my face on top Dr F, I will sue him plain plain for negligence Because negligence is breach of a duty of care on the part of the person supposed to give that care, I won't take it lightly at all, greatie's daughter eve pooed in the womb my mum once told most times when I baby poos it means the baby don tire for inside please is this correct , why baby no go poo when she don tire this is bad of Dr F, too bad sef, he will only try this with Nigerians not Americans that press charges over common slap sef

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
damolAyewoh:

In as much as I understand what Nef was trying to say, I just joined nairaland today and I got my Visa since 25th July with my personal researches, didn't even know about this thread. I also got d hospital and Dr F through personal research too. I won't wonna fall into same pit after being warned and how am I to research about the Doctors I don't even know?? I believe every1 is here to learn, so pls allow us learn as Lazilly# as possible, other than paying so much and still putting ur life at risk..
Welcome to the thread.
At d first page u'll see names of Hospital... Browse them. Google is ur friend right now. You'll see different doctors affiliated to that Hospital. A sample their numbers sometimes. Call them. And even on this thread u can search for the names u found here and read what people have to say about them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
Justwise a certain somborry had refused to pay for advert
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
tyosho:

Thanks for your input firstymum.If anyone has had bad experiences with any doctor,I think they should share it.
You are a doctor yourself so I totally get the angle you are speaking from. Why run away from ineffiency in our system back home only to travel and spend much and still jam inefficiency ?
God help us all o. If. Nurse is to take my delivery why won't I just pay for a birthing center where we have experienced midwives. When u pay for a service you should get it. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
My take on Dr. F, i think we all ve a right to express our fears nd reservations esp when we read abt other's first hand experience and our choice wasnt as a result of laziness or popular demand. In my own case, i got good reviews frm 2 friends who used Dr.F in d last 6 months, b4 i even knew abt dis forum. As such, i contacted Dr. F and filled in his contact in my form ds160. Fast forward, got visa and thereafter started getting nt too good reports abt him. I even came to this forum to ask if there was a consequence for changing one's dr. In summary, i ve changed to Dr. D and its goodnews dat Dr. F didnt take pre-payments.
tyosho:

You are a doctor yourself so I totally get the angle you are speaking from.Why run away from ineffiency in our system back home only to travel and spend much and still jam inefficiency?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
tyosho:

Pls which state in the US is that virgin promo

I got a good deal to IAD(Washington). Just get the code for the nearest airport to where you intend to stay and enter it into their flight search online. One trick that my madam and I used to get some good deals was to try several airports around our destination and eventually we got one that was fairly cheaper than our final destination even though we will have to rent a car and drive from the airport but the savings was really nice. We knocked about N300,000 off our ticket price and a friend that used the same method last year even saved up to a million naira from their trip. However, the hubby was ready to drive for a few hours from the airport to their destination. CAVEAT: (only for those going with their hubby's)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
Congrats Ijeoma.
God's blessings on you and your little one.
Enjoy the joy and beauty of your newborn.
ijeomaobi1:
@ favoredgirl,

48 hours starts counting the minute you check in and by 12 midnight that day, the first 24 hours has gone. That's why people complain of being overcharged by hospital.

Finally Dr F got to me by 10.30 am today and I had my very beautiful baby 12.25 pm.weighs 3.57 kg. So I have forgiven him and hope he changes for the better.

Yippee am a FTM and am so in love with my Angel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
greatie:

We are all here to get info and give back right?
Even if we are lazy we shouldn't condone terrible misconduct just as misrepresentation @the interview is highly prohibited. If mamas with bad experience should share their experience there will be less patronage. This E family is more than just a forum. We still have our brother's keeper instincts. So no excuse for him been such a bad omen to us been lazy its our life u know apart from d money spent.

From my previous post I have been complaining. Always running back here to ask what to do with him playing games. I dunno if u saw them. Thats a jejesi having so much faith in this forum. cry

Babes, I swear I'm on your side o! Your info is supposed to be a wake up call to people to find OPTIONS.
The man is overbooked and underseen and will not stop accepting patients for God alone knows why.

Yes people just see that Dr. F is all over this thread. Contact is readily available and boom he accepts.

If you read thru my posts when shrekandfiona had her issues with him, I maintained the man is messing up, now it's getting worse from your experience. So it's a wake up call. He cannot give the best of services if demand is more than supply. He is not super human, even though he is trying real hard to manage the situation. So sad! I think I remember your posts about ur reservations about him but the old timers cheered him on, well cos back then he didn't av as much people to take on the way it is now!

Anyways jare! It's in the past. Thank God baby and mom are fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.