Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,081 members, 7,867,113 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:55 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (911837 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
TripleKMama:
Pls dear, I PMed you but no response.
I went to dis link. E dey show me bizness investor category dis and dat. Pls can u state d route u took to help us avoid brain torture sad
Daalu so

What do you want to do? Mine I did was infant passport o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
Na im na
Pls PM me bak let's talk grin

feddy27:

What do you want to do? Mine I did was infant passport o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
bbaby84:

Is this medication for you or for your child?

For my baby
I have one just need a lil more
Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
TripleKMama:
Na im na
Pls PM me bak let's talk grin

PM acting up. If u click on the link I gave ozycy, it will take u straight to the application page. It's very straight forward

NB: Did it for my 1yr old back here in PH not wen I was bringing him back from yankee after birth

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
[quote author=ijeomaobi1 post=48548044]@ udiboy,

Dis dollar u have been selling since grin
E no dey finish? U get trailer filled with dollars? Biko sow a seed in our lives and stop ripping us off. Tot someone bought it in d other thread u sell dollars??

Biko, d person transferring, try get a middle man o before water go pass garri angry[/quo
te]

Lol@e no dey finish?
I send money to naija often to my peeps. Ada things lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
KayLayChi:

I'm not the one selling, I also wanted to buy.

I have 3k $ and can pay into any US account. I use BOA here but can send to any bank acct.
I am in Maryland.
My rate is 370-380 depending . You will give me naira and pay into my naija acct acct
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
BeckyU:
Good morning Dear NLs,

Please does anyone know of a cheap ticket to Houston for Sept to Dec. Been sleeping and waking with the internet to catch a cheaper one. Unfortunately, only Turkish Airways is less than 500k and I am afraid of the return journey. 41 long hours!!.

Don't buy Turkish. Not worth the stress. Keep on searching . It's definitely not adding money cos schools are starting soon and prices may come down. Give it sometime before purchasing except you wanna travel soonest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Cobiss: 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
Please can someone help me

Cobiss:
Hello, pls for those that used Lufthansa, how much was did you pay to add baby ticket and did you pay over the phone or at the airport?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
Good evening mamas and papas in the house! A quick question to mamas who have birthed in the States before and i hope it doesn't come out as being nasty...but i've been wondering,
how is the placenta disposed in the hospital?
Can one request to dispose it herself?

How does it work please?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
AdomMum:
Good evening mamas and papas in the house! A quick question to mamas who have birthed in the States before and i hope it doesn't come out as being nasty...but i've been wondering,
how is the placenta disposed in the hospital?
Can one request to dispose it herself?

How does it work please?
It is disposed as medical waste. You can ask for it na. Tell them its on religious or whatever reasons. Theyl look at you funny but na your kaya.
But wait. U go carry am come back Naija No vex o! Na curiousity.
Is it not better for ya pikin placenta to be buried in the US than in this country wen people dey flee? grin

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
Cobiss:
Hello, pls for those that used Lufthansa, how much was did you pay to add baby ticket and did you pay over the phone or at the airport?

Please I'm interested in the answer as I'm also using Lufthansa in November.

I think a mama posted that she paid about $400, I'm praying I get a cheaper price cos it's too expensive compared to the $75, I paid Emirates last year.

Also how is their flight entertainment, my stopover is about 5 hours lay over on both legs, please what can I do at the airport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
Udiboy:

Don't buy Turkish. Not worth the stress. Keep on searching . It's definitely not adding money cos schools are starting soon and prices may come down. Give it sometime before purchasing except you wanna travel soonest.

Thanks Udiboy. Really appreciate the advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Good evening all, this is my first time of commenting and i have been following this thread for some months now. I applied for a visa with my mum for the purpose of chils's birth and we were denied. Twice! Both interviews were in Lagos. During the first, the v.o asked to see doctors corespondence and asked where id be going to. The last question he asked was if i have traveled out before and i said no. He looked and then gave me the blue paper sayig sorry you do not qualify. I was really sad. I thought maybe cus i ve never traveled out of the country. So i traveled to out n applied again. Spent about two weeks. Came back n went for the interview. This time the vo asked me about my job, amount for the trip, and asked why i Traveled out of the country recently and i should tell him about my trip. Which i did.after typing he said sorry u are not eligible. I asked why and he if i can still reapply. He said he wouldnt adviced that except theres a change in circumstances n that he also does not believe i traveled recently. I don't know what to do. I have booked appointment with dr rizk for 25th august and my edd is next month. Can i reapply for an expedited interview date? Will it look desperate? On my first ds160, I filled the job part as working n i lost my job just days after I submitted the form. While filling the second, someone told me it has to be consistent with the first. So i had to had to put working as well n described my job role. Isnit possible that they confirmed from the firm? If I decide to reapply, should i also state working or that I lost my job? I am confused and please I need suggestions. Thanks. Sorry for the long epistle. Pleaseeeeeee i need advice on what to next
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
Dariz Why we need to talk privet. Biko PM me wen u can.
Thanks.

[quote author=feddy27 post=48554906]

Here's the link:

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 9:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
Cobiss:
yes ooo 372dollars over d phone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
moyomola22:
yes ooo 372dollars over d phone

That's quite expensive, that's 1/3 of the ticket price for baby that I will carry on my laps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isaleko: 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lady G, goodevening i actually salute your knowledge and ability to tell it the way it is. let me just state i have been reading and reading this forum for months now and i have never commented. so before NL bullies come for me, let me explain its cause i had nothing to share as such. i just read to increase knowledge and also research. please Lady G i have a few questions dont know if you would be able to help. with all i am reading online of them deporting pregos here and there my mind isnt at rest. I got my visa last year and i visited the us with my son and nephew. we stayed at my sisters. i had my son in england, and he Had hirschsprung's disease we had the operations there and there and to God be the glory i have the best toddler anyone could ask for. in between then and now i have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and of course previous CS. now the reason i choose the usa is because
1. i was told my enemy's second child has a 50/50 chance of having another child with this disease, and when i researched about it there was a lot of support groups in the us and all
2. my mum wnt be available and my sister would be there in the us
3. well the citizenship na who no want better future for their pikin
4. overall i just want somewhere i know the dr would know what to do to my child if anything happens as naija mortality rate for the disease is 0, it is always diagnosed late and God forbid my enemy buries her child. ijn(amen)

please i just want to know if my enemy go get issue, I have paid my Dr in full and i have receipts plus correspondence from him saying he has taken me on and have paid in full nil balance. i would be holding about 6000 dollars with me and then the remaining on my bank card. i also have some dollars in the USa. i am travelling with my son as well and would be landing at washington dulles airport. i haven't read anything about that airport here on this thread na so so houston, from your knowledge its best to just state the obvious though i would be travelling at 26 weeks. should i just say i want a better life for my child and also cause of the disease or just say childbirth wen asked y the Us of A as well. i fret easily and all this things i don read for here no gree me sleep. so it would be my second time of using my visa. or should i just email the US embassy that i am going too give birth to notify?

thank you for taking the time to read sorry for the lengthy text. please anyone can also reply would appreciate God bless us and all our kids. thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adupif: 2:03am On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=isaleko post=48575550]Lady . i am travelling with my son as well and would be landing at washington dulles airport. i haven't read anything about that airport here

Came in thru Washington Dulles to Maryland this mid July.Was sent to secondary inspection. Quite alot of ppl were especially Nigerians. Asked for my first child receipts of payment. Didn't spend more than an hour there although I left other ppl I met there. Answered their questions confidently and audibly.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 2:56am On Aug 18, 2016
Well, I think u have ample reason to fret over ur baby's health. Just mention dat condition & tell d story as u've told us here -esp d support u'll get post delivery. Be confident & look dem in d eye. No need to write any letter to embassy! All d best. Praying 4u.
Lady G Universe,oya,over 2u! grin grin

isaleko:

thank you for taking the time to read sorry for the lengthy text. please anyone can also reply would appreciate God bless us and all our kids. thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 3:28am On Aug 18, 2016
Haahaa! Thank you Lady G! I no go carry am go Naija ooo...looll! I just dey wonder! Cz i hear say person suppose skabbash, anoint and burn her placenta if she born finish (religious things)...so i been wonder how i wan take do that one as i dey yankee. Thanks alot for your response.
LadyGuinivere:

It is disposed as medical waste. You can ask for it na. Tell them its on religious or whatever reasons. Theyl look at you funny but na your kaya.
But wait. U go carry am come back Naija No vex o! Na curiousity.
Is it not better for ya pikin placenta to be buried in the US than in this country wen people dey flee? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 3:49am On Aug 18, 2016
Hi! I came in thru Dulles airport at the beginning of Aug,you could check my posts and read my POE experience so you could learn a thing or two from there.You have to be prepared! Most times they send preggie mums for secondary inspection and you have to be ready for any question thrown at you with burden of proof.So please brace up, fret not and gain some confidence!All the best!
isaleko:
i am travelling with my son as well and would be landing at washington dulles airport. i haven't read anything about that airport here on this thread na so so houston
you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:26am On Aug 18, 2016
Hello Isaleko.
Good morning. Your post actually moved me because I totally understand you as the doctors have also given me a report of a higher risk of having babies with congenital issues. It is well.

1. I have seen some washington Dulles POE stories recently. Luckily, they have identified themselves

2. one cannot say one will have or not have issues but what we can do . But what we can do is fulfill ALL righteousness so when the enemies come like a flood, the Lord will raise a standard against them. Your visa was gotten for vacation which has been utilised for that. COI Letter has lost its value and will be a surplussage however too much still remains better than too less. Its just an email, please send it AND don't copy the standard format. Write as you have written here, the reason you intend to birth in the US. You don't know the skoin skoin head person u may meet.

3. Carry your burden of proof-Medical reports and proof of Funds. Don't fidget. Answer all your questions. It is not a crime to birth in the US. It is not a crime to seek for better opportunities. All those CBPs with Santiago and Cruz as their name, no be mexico their papa dem from come?

4. Now though u didn't raise this issue , I will. For you to mull over and get prepared if the question arises. What are the possible medical interventions that can be given to the new baby if God forbid there are issues? If those issues arise, do you have the funds to handle those treatments or will u fall back on medicaid or charity?
God bless

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abioolly: 8:17am On Aug 18, 2016
gracefultosin:
Good Afternoon NLs,

Please I need someone that has used any nice and affordable hospital in Newyork (Brooklyn or Broonx) for childbirth. Please I need such person(s) to put me through on choice of hospital. I will real appreciate. I am due to travel in September

Thanks
I had my baby in Lincoln hospital Bronx his on the 8 August ...I had a wonderful experience.
.I was in Labour for 24hrs n d doctors were calm with me til I was fullu dilated...I can try d hospital

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Itissettled3: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2016
Congratulations on your baby.

Please could You post how much you spent at the hospital?

Thanks a lot.

Abioolly:

I had my baby in Lincoln hospital Bronx his on the 8 August ...I had a wonderful experience.
.I was in Labour for 24hrs n d doctors were calm with me til I was fullu dilated...I can try d hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:01am On Aug 18, 2016
@Zpeariz1
I admire the fact that you went about your application without coming here. But I wish after the first refusal.
You believed lack of travel history was the reason for refusal. I would have told you that for childbirth, lots of mamas here had zilch history. I would have also told you travel in such a short period before reapplication made no sense. Ist the economy as bad as it is, nobody travels anyhow now. 2nd in such situations it is clear the travel was for US visa purposes and it dosent impress the VO's rather they tag you as desperate. In your case the VO does not believe u actually travelled and I hope for your own sake u didn't get fake stamps.

The issue stems from the ist refusal. You didn't adequately handle that ish and then added the 2nd one. Post that transcript in full.
Then I have no idea why somebody would tell u not to disclose your job loss. You said u have been reading, lotsa folks here are homemakers and some dropped their jobs. One person (acc to the gist of a friend) applied for a B visa to visit somebody. The night of the interview, the host got a call. They wanted to know if he knew the applicant. The next day the guy got the visa after 2 questions. U do not know the capacity of the US embassy with their technology. Assume the worst case scenario. If peraventure a check was conducted , they would just look at u and laugh. Even if they can't verify, u can't be praying for God's favour and be working with a lie.
Post the ist transcript let's knock abi rub heads together

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 9:18am On Aug 18, 2016
Abioolly:

Oya abiolly, biko come here, come and share the break down of your bills make I know if I should port ooo before I go wyckoff for my appointment tomorrow. Congrats on ur NBB.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:01am On Aug 18, 2016
simababe:

Oya abiolly, biko come here, come and share the break down of your bills make I know if I should port ooo before I go wyckoff for my appointment tomorrow. Congrats on ur NBB.
Lovers of cheap chunchin ooooo! I don see people wen love cheaposky pass me oooo grin
Sotay itissettled comot from ghost whisperers abi silent readers tongue

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isaleko: 10:18am On Aug 18, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Hello Isaleko.
Good morning. Your post actually moved me because I totally understand you as the doctors have also given me a report of a higher risk of having babies with congenital issues. It is well.

1. I have seen some washington Dulles POE stories recently. Luckily, they have identified themselves

2. one cannot say one will have or not have issues but what we can do . But what we can do is fulfill ALL righteousness so when the enemies come like a flood, the Lord will raise a standard against them. Your visa was gotten for vacation which has been utilised for that. COI Letter has lost its value and will be a surplussage however too much still remains better than too less. Its just an email, please send it AND don't copy the standard format. Write as you have written here, the reason you intend to birth in the US. You don't know the skoin skoin head person u may meet.

3. Carry your burden of proof-Medical reports and proof of Funds. Don't fidget. Answer all your questions. It is not a crime to birth in the US. It is not a crime to seek for better opportunities. All those CBPs with Santiago and Cruz as their name, no be mexico their papa dem from come?

4. Now though u didn't raise this issue , I will. For you to mull over and get prepared if the question arises. What are the possible medical interventions that can be given to the new baby if God forbid there are issues? If those issues arise, do you have the funds to handle those treatments or will u fall back on medicaid or charity?
God bless

Thank you very Much LadyG. Let me explain hirschprungs Disease is such that it involves Total, near Total colonic malfunction. So most times this baby born does not poo within 48 hours of birth. That means that part or section of the large,small or all the intestines does not have the cells required to push body waste out. Now if not detected early this could lead to perforation of the intestines and of course we know wat can happen with that. In naija, because of our bakward thinking if the child don't poo use Robb, use hot water put stick drink orange even Dr's no too sure they rarely detect until the child is 1 or over as such the child's life is at stake and I can go on most times my paed said it's too late for the child so dey insert a stoma in the tummy for the child to poo through. I reject this in Jesus name for any one!

With my son, in 48hrs h was detected by the 7th week with God's glory and Dr Jesus his operation was successful not unless I tell you would you know at a time he was ever backed up with stool. My mum was with me at the time and I know she was my Rock I don't know wat would have happened to me prolly heart attack sef.

My reason is mums not as strong as she was she is elderly and plus it's high peak for the business now so my senior sis would be there Just in case I reject it though if it occurs again. In terms of funds certainly yes I can cover the cost if it happens again I would never accept state bailout knowing the implications. I just want somewere I. Can trust their judgment one of the reasons I choose a hospital with nicu stage 3 or so and it's close to a children's hospital. PG county hospital in Maryland. My Dr is Dr chaudry and I just researched him outrightly nd my sis maid payments.

Should I hold my bank statements + hubby's, letter from his office stating position nd salary. Letter from hubby stating he is sponsoring the trip and has available funds? I would be having about 5k on my card plus another 4k in cash I have about 2k with my sister as well. And if I need more it can be made available. My worst fear is I hate pressure u know dose kind of people who can die even before death comes knocking am thier president.lol I can think of one million possible scenario in my head in one second. So being stopped and people saying they were shouting at them can't they say cause of citizenship bla bla. If I say health wnt they say clichéd and not let me explain?

Medical reports should I also get a letter from my son's paed stating his condition and why am best advised to have d baby outside Nigeria. Then my own Dr would write my own for my hypothyroidism issue I actually removed my goitre a year ago but my levels fluctuate sha but thank God am stable for now! Glory

I do hope to share good news with Yall in 3 weeks in Jesus name.

Thank you everyone. God bless us all

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isaleko: 10:31am On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=adupif post=48577163][/quote]

Oh waoow. This is the same airport my sis said they are very relaxed. What questions were u asked and the other preggy mums were they Nigerians?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 10:33am On Aug 18, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Lovers of cheap chunchin ooooo! I don see people wen love cheaposky pass me oooo grin
Sotay itissettled comot from ghost whisperers abi silent readers tongue

Na change cause am, SIL is fed up with me cos i've called more than 10 hospitals in the past two weeks. She now calls me alaroro(miser). Dh also told me to go settle myself that I shouldn't call to give him HBP before he gets here. So as I am now, any good affordable hospital equals porting. grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 18, 2016
@LadyGuinivere...

Thank you very much for replying. I feel so bad lying about my job. The first interview:

Vo: gudmg
Me&mu: gudmng
Vo: so why are you going to the US
Me: for childbrith
Vo: where in the us
Me: houston, texas
Vo: do you have a doctors corespondence?
Me : yes
Vo: asked to see.
Me: handed doctors correspondence, including hospital's , appointment letter, budget sheet prepaid
Vo: scanned through the documents for less than a min then asked the total amount for both medical bills and travel expenses
Me: approx 15000
Vo: have you ever traveled outside nigeria?
Me: no
Vo: typed and look at me and said sorry you are not eligible

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.