Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899423 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thanks. I have done that. Also thinking of trying to sleep based on Nigerian time so I can be up early.

ebonychic18:
cheesy cheesy congrats on the 1st half of your journey. God will make the 2nd half easier too. Set alarm and tell the reception to give you a wake up call o o....as per jetlag things. As for rearranging and taking local flights I no sabi oo. Awon frequent fliers will come and answer you. I've been to only JFK and DFW and both were direct flights from DXB.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thankful11011:

Hi, I will be using Ethiopian airlines as well, please how much did u buy the ticket to Houston?
Thankss

It was 186dols,the earlier you book the better,coz I got cheaper rates earlier but my cards were not cooperating,I booked this a week to my trip and paid over the phone.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
One way to El Paso was 180+ per person. Check my post up the page for how to go about booking. I booked like May though. I always do stuff like this early, ayam Ijebu.

Thankful11011:

Congrats love, please are you going/coming from Houston, how much is the southwest ticket because anytime I try to book from Nigeria it shows I have no access to view southwest website ,
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
Winchy Mummy. No way joooo!

You forgot I have a 6-bag allowance as we are three...abeg I no dey do that one of putting heavy things in hand luggage o, I would rather pay for extra. That practice na sufferrhead, trust me I learnt the hard way.

firsttymum:

Kikikikikikikikiki
I'm just laughing here... Wondering how u'll do all d luggage. Do and comman Gist us

You'll pay for ur luggage no doubt.
Ur hand bag isn't weighed.
Put very heavy stuff in it. Wear ur heaviest shoe nd clothes kikikikikikikikiki..... If it was winter I for say make u double up ur clothes.. Good luck darling

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2016
POE Gist

Flew Arik, got to Port Health, lady checked my BO and palpated my tummy, came up with 30 weeks. Hubby paid, I tipped.

Off we went to check in our many peices of luggage. Had one hundred naira new bills for all those people that can like to delay you with yeye talk.

Booked wheel chair for grandma so got priority boarding. Big plane, full flight. Flight was meant to take off at 11.30pm but left 11.50 as people did not get seated on time. It wasnt bad, they actually had in flight entertainment and it worked only that they had no handsfree but so many people had theirs, I guess they knew from experience. All in all Arik wasnt a bad deal. My N275k was well worth it. The jollof rice was very nice. We landed 5.10am. People started clapping. The landing was very smooth but clapping was a new one for me.

Let me cut out the long story...

Mumsy's printout from the electronic self help machine had an x accross it and same with my toddler who is American. Mine had a circle, they said it meant I was free to go. I said am not free. We were directed to a white lady.

Officer: Are you returning home from abroad?
Me: No actually I am here to deliver my baby and do some shopping.
Officer: Do you have some documents from the doctor?
Me: Yes (I began looking in my big envelope, found one labelled 'hospital' and gave her. I had actualky packed this weeks ago and couldnt remember what was inside sef)
She looked at it, typed and typed, stamped Mumsy and toddler in and gave me their passports.
She was very friendly asked if I was having twins, told her I wished I was, asked for the gender, told her.
Officer: this is Part A, Please follow me for Part B

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
happytbaby:
Thanks dear. The issue is that I carried bags and sone were heavier than 50pounds which is the limit for Southwest cos Arik carries up to 66pounds. Grandma and I have rearranged eventually.
Southwest no longer opens in Nigeria, I already bought them to Chicago so when I ported to El Paso, I had to ask my sibling thats abroad to assist. We skyped and shared his screen so I could see all the options real time. You can try that.

If u re lucky, dey might not weigh ur bags like mine smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
Part B

Got to where I suppose should be secondary inspection and there were like 8 officers as different tables. She placed the hospital documents in a pink or red file alongside my passport and told me to wait. We sat down, not quite 2minutes later, the officer called my name. This one was a white male.

Officer: Where is this place?
Me: El Paso, Texas. I didnt pronounce it well , he kind of corrected me.
Officer: Looked at the document and pointed at a place on the Doctoresparati payment receipt that stated a date in May as due date and asked 'have you been here before or what?'
Me: No, I think that is the day I made the payment, I have paid about 7k in advance, that is where you have balance as zero here, I pointed at balance due.
Officer: Oh Okay, why do you want to deliver here?
Me: well...what can I say? You guys have better medical resources than us.
Officer: When are you going to el paso
Me: Tomorrow
Officer: where will you be today
Me: blah blah hotel
Officer: Where wiĺl you stay in el paso?
Me: I got an apartment off airbnb
Officer: Do you have the address?
Me: Gave it to him off hand
Officer: You said you have more than usd10k cash?
Me : Yes
Officer: can I see it?
I went to my bag and looked for it. Flashed the hundred dollar biĺls and he said okay, I dont need to count.
He typed and typed. Apparently he just needed to input all the info in my records.
Officer: Okay Ma'am go to luggage claim, you will see people dressed like me ,you may have to fill a form for the money.

When we eventually got there, they asked how much money, I told them and I was asked to proceed to agriculture where we met one friendly man who scanned our bags after asking if we had indomine chicken, maggi chicken and African yams. I said no. Luggage wasnt searched.

My verdict: The Secondary Inspection no be like Chicago and Houston. It seemed very relaxed, more like an info gathering exercise than a witch-hunt.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
feddy27:

Went to see granma in anoda city. Will be bk in few days
a little bit of pampering And loving from grandma

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
happytbaby:
Winchy Mummy. No way joooo!

You forgot I have a 6-bag allowance as we are three...abeg I no dey do that one of putting heavy things in hand luggage o, I would rather pay for extra. That practice na sufferrhead, trust me I learnt the hard way.

Lol..
I guess it's sorted. Keep us posted O.
Oya sleep
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
Happytbaby
Feddy27

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
firsttymum:
a little bit of pampering And loving from grandma

Yea baby grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
adupif:
Hello,

Will be glad if someone could help out with Emirates Ticket for a baby and how to go about it.

Did you call before getting to the airport
Can it only be purchased at the airport
Was it a one way or return
How much did it cost
What is the baggage allowance

Thank you.

Emirate ticket if u call they tell u is $100 with baggage allowance of 23kg and 5kg hand luggage. U might be lucky if u pay when u get to the airport for $75,it depends. I think it's one way ticket

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sayoberry(f): 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
this thread is moving to part 5 soon... I sight all of you o...

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:45am On Aug 28, 2016
sayoberry:

Hey mama twins grin hw re u + twinnies?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 12:53am On Aug 28, 2016
@adupif,

I paid $69.40 just this Monday via USD visa card. You need to insist for bassinet for d baby though my wheelchair request was cancelledt o accommodate it. My seat was changed afterwards. Don't no Wat to do as my mum isn't seating beside me undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sayoberry(f): 12:59am On Aug 28, 2016
feddy27:

Hey mama twins grin hw re u + twinnies?
we are all fine o. thanks for asking

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 5:06am On Aug 28, 2016
Chanbaby:

Thanks dear, I'm abit concerned cos I have been refused twice. 1st time as a student in the UK and secondly in March with my hubby. I'm trusting God for the best this time around.
Hello ,how did ur interview go? or you havent gone yet?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 6:43am On Aug 28, 2016
sayoberry:

Not yet o. We St still have a long way to go.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Imo007: 7:03am On Aug 28, 2016
I'm using kojic acid soap. Got off amazon. Body cream the white fair and white cream with oil. Lots ofwater and vegetables.
6weeks later, am so 92% close to pre pregnancy color except the midsection however.

Nnystc:
Pls what did you do to get Your complexion back?
In all my journeys i have never had it so bad... Azzin real Charcoal (Look in the mirror and see a golliwog staring back at you!) undecided undecided

Pls help me with leads so that i can buy any products here before coming back biko, ejor!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adupif: 8:26am On Aug 28, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@adupif,

I paid $69.40 just this Monday. Don't no Wat to do as my mum isn't seating beside me undecided

Thank you. My Agent already added the bassinet request at time of purchase but will follow thru again. Am quite surprised at how cheap it is. Paid almost $400 for my other baby in 2014(Air France).as for your mum situation, u can take turns on the seat by swapping intermittently so you too can rest.

Thank u to everyone that took time to reply.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 28, 2016
Imo007:
I'm using kojic acid soap. Got off amazon. Body cream the white fair and white cream with oil. Lots ofwater and vegetables.
6weeks later, am so 92% close to pre pregnancy color except the midsection however.

I did a lot of sugar scrubbing with this bodycology sugar scrub and I also did ocean salt scrubbing got the salt scrub from lush in the uk, i'm a dark person but I became blacker during pregnancy, I used this lighten up plus cream at night and bodyshop body butter in the morning, for my face basically I used clean& clear morning burst (skin brightening facial cleanser) I got my colour back before 6 weeks grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
Colouredgirl:

Hello ,how did ur interview go? or you havent gone yet?

Hi dear, thanks for checking I haven't gone yet. Hopefully Nov cos I'm due in feb.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by crystalsaint(f): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=Posh404 post=48856820]Yea the bacteria abi na fungi story of Prince George is not palatable at all and too many bad review. Pls I will pm you for Dr A's details......before my jotter full like fisttymum own, I'm sure I will make a decision lol

have checked the previous post...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
Chanbaby:

Hi dear, thanks for checking I haven't gone yet. Hopefully Nov cos I'm due in feb.
all the best in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abuleoshi: 10:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
quin9:

It was 186dols,the earlier you book the better,coz I got cheaper rates earlier but my cards were not cooperating,I booked this a week to my trip and paid over the phone.

186 dollars to Houston? Is that a typo or what?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 11:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
Posh404:

Congratulation Biola1 . Please I will need all necessary info concerning the bills at oakbend and Dr E

Hello everyone . Don't know where to start as I had to exit this thread cos I had miscarriage early this year and all I read and planned for delivery actually evaporated from my head. Glory be to God for his faithfulness for performing another miracle in my life. Want to say a big thank u to firsttymum, LadyG, Justwise &Co....for their patience in running this thread. I had my visa long before I got pregnant the last time and I wrote a letter of intent to the embassy , I didn't get a reply. Didn't follow up cos I lost the pregnancy. Will write another one soon and I hope they reply. I'm back on this thread and I pray God will see me through this time.

Biola1 biko I need info from you o......your testimony is sweet mbok

Biollar1 ,
Can I m looking for contacts in md and texas, though from what I v read alot of ppl use texas., but I hv accomodation n relatives in md how do I contact md mums in here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
feddy27:

Transportation is lot beta dan houston. Buses, trams available

Feddy, I dnt even know where to start. How do i contact MD mums n texas mama's need to get ideas on current cost n how to go abt it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
emeldamicheals:
Congrats ooo. Houston poe. No be small thing. Will never forget my experience with them. Have a safe delivery my dear.

Thanks much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 12:04am On Aug 29, 2016
bubelahot:

I used methodist o.just choice. The price Difference btw d 2 hospital bill was $35

How do i make hosp choice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:11am On Aug 29, 2016
Ulio:

Feddy, I dnt even know where to start. How do i contact MD mums n texas mama's need to get ideas on current cost n how to go abt it

Hi, to search for any info, you can make use of the search button. Eg, type maryland hospital and narrow the search to hospitals. You will find some things. Besides, read back some pages behind; some people just talked about MD hospitals here. Also, try to read the past threads, get a jotter cos it's not a day's job. When you find info from someone you need, you can click on the name of the person and read more posts.

Summary of all: READ, READ, READ

Nobody will make choices for you. Spend the next days reading the thread from Part 1. You will be better equipped

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oluphilip2008(f): 12:18am On Aug 29, 2016
Hello house, here's my second testimony of this missionary journey.
Celebrate with me as my LO arrived on Friday the 19th of August at 39 weeks 4days. Delivery was very short and smooth (got to the hospital at 10:30am, I was already 7/8cm dilated)
Baby came at 12pm. LO was given vitamin k shot, erythromycin ointment for the eyes and hep B vaccine
Baby's one week appointment was kept also. We have both been doing great.

Pls house, I have a little question, people that have flown Lufthansa on this missionary journey, pls how did you add infant ticket? Was it over the phone or at the airport on the day of travel? Also, how much was baby's one leg ticket added? I have called their customers service and I got a quote of $356. I thought its meant to be 10% of my own fare. Do you think I can get a cheaper quote at the airport on the day of travel? Kindly help a sister. Though our trip back to Naija is still in October. Thank you

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.