Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900162 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
Thankful11011:

Congrats Hun,
Even me I Kind of worried since my bill is like 4k too for Houston north west medical centre, and I will be using Houston POE, so I can imagine how they will interrogate me about my bills

Hi dear, I want to use same hospital and my hubby's collegue is recommending Dr F but I am abit reluctant because of greatie's experience. Pls which Dr are u using can u pls pm me d Dr's details. So I can start corresponding. Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
My people congratulations ooo. Thank God for the new babies, successful visa interview, and wonderful poe experiences.

We shall all share our testimonies. Amen

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
Veleta and Nnystc approximately how much is accommodation monthly?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
That last that rescheduled he interview after her expedited was denied how far... What's her handle Abeg... And they were like 3 other women. I hope u guys were successful o.
Just checking
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nictos: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hi Blessed nairaland mums,

Went to the US and safely had my baby, no complications whatsoever. Journey was smooth and blissful, we thank God.

A friend of mine needs your advice.

She gave birth in the US and paid her medical bills i.e hosp and Doc fully paid (Got a zero bal statement). However she got a surprised bill from the anesthesia which was suppose to be 1600, she got a bill of 3500. She had been trying to negotiate the bill but to no avail eventually they agreed to do a prepayment plan for her. She has since then started to pay the money.

Her question is .... If she tries to enter the US again before she finish the payment, would this be a course for concern? Experienced mum with this same situation pls advise.

She also had another incident- a day to her departure from the US after staying for like a month, her son developed an emergency situation such that the he was loosing breath, the paramedics was called and the child was taking to the ICU. At this point, she no get money again, nah to carry herself come back to naija dey her mind. At the clinic they treated the child and gave all necessary care needed to keep the child alive. They later asked if the child had medicaid, of which she answered no. So the hospital registered the child for medicaid and did not send her any bill before she left US.

On reaching naija, her host phoned her about receiving the medicaid number for the child and a bill from the paramedics and request for medicaid number for payment for the bill.

Her question is- Will this medicaid affect her future visit to the US and visa renewal considering she has her zero balance delivery bill and that the medicaid was not in anyway associated with delivery.

experienced and experts in the house, kindly provide your view cos she is sick worried and will like to continue to visit US cos all her families are there and she is the only one in Naija.

Thanks. One luv
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
[quote author=Ulio post=49139869]

Any other airline promos? I jst missed this 1[/quote.

him check virgin Atlantic they are on promo
]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
He doesn't need to terminate at all. I have always used FD for all visa applications . Just support it with the income account. I believe what Lady G was saying is that they know that FD is as good as cash not that he should terminate it.

mumdearest:

Dear Tyrah1, if the account is yours, you can terminate as lady G has suggested and transfer to your account and defend the statement that the purpose of the FD was towards your missionary journey.

Just my suggestion.

Pray all the way and you will find favor........ all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by worry359(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nictos:

She also had another incident- a day to her departure from the US after staying for like a month, her son developed an emergency situation such that the he was loosing breath, the paramedics was called and the child was taking to the ICU. At this point, she no get money again, nah to carry herself come back to naija dey her mind. At the clinic they treated the child and gave all necessary care needed to keep the child alive. They later asked if the child had medicaid, of which she answered no. So the hospital registered the child for medicaid and did not send her any bill before she left US.

On reaching naija, her host phoned her about receiving the medicaid number for the child and a bill from the paramedics and request for medicaid number for payment for the bill.

Her question is- Will this medicaid affect her future visit to the US and visa renewal considering she has her zero balance delivery bill and that the medicaid was not in anyway associated with delivery.

experienced and experts in the house, kindly provide your view cos she is sick worried and will like to continue to visit US cos all her families are there and she is the only one in Naija.

Thanks. One luv

Sorry but yes it can affect any future visit.
You were not entitled to medicaid for anything.

You should settle the bill and get a receipt that you have paid.
Otherwise it can show up on any future visa application or point of entry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dwebb55:

From what I can gather, your best bet now is Royal Air Maroc who still have good deals or Virgin but the mega drop ended on Monday. Also depends on where you're going to!

Lagos to iad, jst checked virgin promo ended June or was I on d wrong page? Royal air maroc all th way to yawunde, it's well let me check
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
How do we tackle this now? I think your friend should try and find out how much the bill was and if possible pay it. I don't want to be scathing or anything but she has not done well. The fact that her money had finished was not a reason for her to just automatically allow the hospital to sign the boy up for medicaid. Also, that she was on the verge of going home was not an excuse. When it comes to billing US hospitals are very disorganised and would typically take like a month to get the bill at her stated address. She could have waited for the bill and asked for discount and also scheduled a payment plan.

That said, I was in the US last summer with my American toddler, she just started throwing up non stop in the mall, people had to direct me to the nearest ER, I was even scared to go in fearing the cost but I asked my self 'how much is money'. We went in and they treated her. We got the bill about a month later, ended up paying about 550 dollars on phone via Mastercard.

Nictos:

Went to the US and safely had my baby, no complications whatsoever. Journey was smooth and blissful, we thank God.

A friend of mine needs your advice.

She gave birth in the US and paid her medical bills i.e hosp and Doc fully paid (Got a zero bal statement). However she got a surprised bill from the anesthesia which was suppose to be 1600, she got a bill of 3500. She had been trying to negotiate the bill but to no avail eventually they agreed to do a prepayment plan for her. She has since then started to pay the money.

Her question is .... If she tries to enter the US again before she finish the payment, would this be a course for concern? Experienced mum with this same situation pls advise.

Thanks. One luv

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
@Firsttymum, am currently paying $1200 per month.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ameen thanks @mumdearest
mumdearest:

Dear Tyrah1, if the account is yours, you can terminate as lady G has suggested and transfer to your account and defend the statement that the purpose of the FD was towards your missionary journey.

Just my suggestion.

Pray all the way and you will find favor........ all the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hi everyone,
Please I want to ask if anyone has done Nigerian visa for their baby online. Going back first week in Oct&the way recession is,coupled with all the ones (over $18000) he has paid my oga is saying I should so online for $200 as against $370 (740) for the 2 babies.
He's not smiling at all with the N410 for $1,let me not be alaseju as he has tried for us. Please any one ever tried doing their babies visa doing on their own online.
The twins are doing great,weighing over 8pounds now to the glory of God and ready to go home. I haff tiya for America ooo,no place like ur home (exactly 3months today alone). Can't wait to see my mum next week

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hi,
Check my last post from yesterday i think. I put in a link there for how to obtain Nigerian visa without agents. Costs about $200 for non-expedited, and its a straightforward process.

temyb:
Hi everyone,
Please I want to ask if anyone has done Nigerian visa for their baby online. Going back first week in Oct&the way recession is,coupled with all the ones (over $18000) he has paid my oga is saying I should so online for $200 as against $370 (740) for the 2 babies.
He's not smiling at all with the N410 for $1,let me not be alaseju as he has tried for us. Please any one ever tried doing their babies visa doing on their own online.
The twins are doing great,weighing over 8pounds now to the glory of God and ready to go home. I haff tiya for America ooo,no place like ur home (exactly 3months today alone). Can't wait to see my mum next week

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ulio:

Lagos to iad, jst checked virgin promo ended June or was I on d wrong page? Royal air maroc all th way to yawunde, it's well let me check

What time frame?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
happytbaby:
He doesn't need to terminate at all. I have always used FD for all visa applications . Just support it with the income account. I believe what Lady G was saying is that they know that FD is as good as cash not that he should terminate it.

That's exactly what I meant o! Despite the fact that FDs have tenures, you can liquidate/break it at any time and wack your money. I see FD as a sorta senior brother to savings account.
However one of the posters has a point. If I see a fresh FD with no trace from your account, I'll assume the money is borrowed for visa purpose. Money leaves a trail and if it belongs to the OP , then she can defend it...with proof #myhumbleopinion o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nnystc:
Hi,
Check my last post from yesterday i think. I put in a link there for how to obtain Nigerian visa without agents. Costs about $200 for non-expedited, and its a straightforward process.

Thank u so much. Let me ask one silly question,do I have to go drop it there myself and must it be Newyork specifically or any of the other 2. Biko no vex.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pele dear. I was thinking about you yesterday. My friends did it in 2014 but it wasnt really much cheaper. They called the Washington office and were told what to do. Also, you can google Nigerian house, the information is online.

temyb:
Hi everyone,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
Exactly! Now the ball is in his or her court.

LadyGuinivere:

That's exactly what I meant o! Despite the fact that FDs have tenures, you can liquidate/break it at any time and wack your money. I see FD as a sorta senior brother to savings account.
However one of the posters has a point. If I see a fresh FD with no trace from your account, I'll assume the money is borrowed for visa purpose. Money leaves a trail and if it belongs to the OP , then she can defend it...with proof #myhumbleopinion o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by davsquared: 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
People of God, make una follow me thank d Lord oo.

Delivered my son at 38wks 6days on Sept 5th at Northside hospital. Endured early labour at home ( i no want false alarm sending home). In laws no want story, drove me to hospital even wen i still dey tell dem dat we can wait at home longer. Got to L&grin around 11:45am, gave birth 3:42pm.

We r doing gud and bak home. Doctor was God sent, Nurses were nice, general care, great

I pray d Lord will also grant safe and quick delivery to those still expecting their LO's.

@cutie333, still aspire to be like u wen i grow up grin

31 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Congrats Davsquared. May God continue to bless you the more.

davsquared:
People of God, make una follow me thank d Lord oo.

Delivered my son at 38wks 6days on Sept 5th at Northside hospital. Endured early labour at home ( i no want false alarm sending home). In laws no want story, drove me to hospital even wen i still dey tell dem dat we can wait at home longer. Got to L&grin around 11:45am, gave birth 3:42pm.

We r doing gud and bak home. Doctor was God sent, Nurses were nice, general care, great

I pray d Lord will also grant safe and quick delivery to those still expecting their LO's.

@cutie333, still aspire to be like u wen i grow up grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 1:01am On Sep 08, 2016
Congatulations Davsquared
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 1:49am On Sep 08, 2016
No worries. Ask away, but be sure to read through the page first so that you can ask all the pertinent questions once.
There are 3 nigeria embassy locations. I have personally only used New York twice which is why i attached their link. Not sure how the other locations work, and i do not have their websites.

And No, you do not have to go there to drop it if you are far away (e.g, I definitely did not go from LA to New York to drop off)
You basically send in your application and receive your passport/visa back by post office packet.

If you can carefully read through the embassy page and take notes, you would have very few further questions. Like i've said before, its Very easy to follow and process.

I'm not faithfully following the thread right now... Trying to get this little man to latch on and drink his milk... And release me from this torture... So i may not see all the posts and questions

Be Blessed!
temyb:

Thank u so much. Let me ask one silly question,do I have to go drop it there myself and must it be Newyork specifically or any of the other 2. Biko no vex.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 2:26am On Sep 08, 2016
Dwebb55:

What time frame?

4th oct to Nov 30th
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by missexiest: 2:30am On Sep 08, 2016
I want to apply for my daughters nigerian passport,pls how many days does it take to be ready or wil I get it the same day of my appointment at the nigerian house in washington dc?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 2:36am On Sep 08, 2016
There are 3 nigeria embassy locations. I have personally only used New York twice which is why i attached their link. Not sure how the other locations work, and i do not have their websites.

And No, you do not have to go there to drop it if you are far away (e.g, I definitely did not go from LA to New York to drop off)
You basically send in your application and receive your passport/visa back by post office packet.

If you can carefully read through the embassy page and take notes, you would have very few further questions. Like i've said before, its Very easy to follow and process.

I'm not faithfully following the thread right now... Trying to get this little man to latch on and drink his milk... And release me from this torture... So i may not see all the posts and questions

Be Blessed!
[/quote]

Muahh. Thanks a bunch,u don't know the type of burden uve just lifted o. Have all requirements remain letter of consent from my husband and my mom would bring it next week.
My cousin in baltimore volunteer to drive down to D.C embassy for me provided I mail all documents to him gor the visa since New York embassy get K-leg for now.
Even at that all I hear is agent this,agent that. In this my condition,no way. Let me do it myself
Thanks a bunch and regards to LO. God bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 2:37am On Sep 08, 2016
missexiest:
I want to apply for my daughters nigerian passport,pls how many days does it take to be ready or wil I get it the same day of my appointment at the nigerian house in washington dc?

Missy check ur pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 2:39am On Sep 08, 2016
missexiest:

Well it depends. A family friend that went 2weeks,went twice as their machine had fault. U can get it same day if all is well with them there if not within 1 week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 4:12am On Sep 08, 2016
My gehfrnd Nnystc Congratulations . I happy wella for Ur safe delivery.

Congratulations to d mamas on safe delivery and Poe e no easy for dis condition.

Am back to Nigeria with my mum and cute baby girl, want to thank una all for being supportive nicely and some with nd mouth. grin

So in Dubai,a lady gisted my mum of 2 ladies that were deported. One was even handcuffed(me no see anytin). They were both pregnant. Let's be careful Biko.

LadyAy and Ucystan,

As Oliver twist, I want to ask for more. My friend is interested in birthing in Chicago and I see both of una from yonda. I've pmd una. Make una no vex Biko.

As discussed firstymum I need Ur googling skill na .... Expand Ur business. Don't limit to USA alone or baby things cool

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 5:52am On Sep 08, 2016
ladyAy:
Hello guys, I got in to Chicago yesterday. Flew BA and American Airlines on Sunday to New york at 34weeks 3 days. Flight was really good, except that I had motion sickness ( never experienced it before). Thank God I had an extra top in my hand luggage ( so please prepare oh, anything can happen to a preggie woman). I traveled with my 3yrs 8months old son. He slept during most of both flights, and had a nice time at Heathrow during our 5hrs layover ( thanks to a free toy corner we found).
American Airlines was superb ( my first time flying them). Spacious seats, meals on point. Fast
forward to New York POE.

Cbp: hello
Me: good afternoon
Cbp: passports pls
Tries to pronounce my son's name and peeps to take a look at him.
Me: laughing
Cbp: what do you do in Nigeria

Me: ........
Cbp: for how long have you been a .....
Me: since 2006- that's 10yrs
Cbp: do you like it?
Me: I love it

Cbp: so where are you headed
Me: Chicago
Cbp: you have family here?
Me: yes my cousin, and she's the one I'm staying with in Chicago ( all this time I noticed he was looking at his computer. My interview in May i mentioned we were going to be staying with my cousin in Chicago)
Cbp: okay nice. I'll take your finger prints now ma'am and your pic.
After that..he stamps me in 6 months
Me: you didn't ask what I'm her for. I'm here to have my baby
Cbp: oh say that again. You're pregnant?
Me: oh yes ( I step back so he can see me well oh)
Cbp: oh cool. So you have a doctor already and all
Me: oh yes
Cbp: okay that's fine. You can go. Pls submit this card to the officers after picking your luggage. ( they made us 1St time visitors to the US fill out a landing card. We didn't do the automated machine thingy at immigration)

So that was it oh. Nothing was seized at agriculture even though I declared dried fish on my form. The queues at JFK no be here oh..thank God my flight to Chicago was about 4 hrs after our arrival time. So Pls take note if you plan to travel same day. Especially if buoyed arriving at the busy times. We arrived Newyork JFK at 1:00pm.

Now chilaxing in Chicago, waiting to see my doctor on Thursday!!!
My Forex hustle- stanbic gave me only 2k at 265 on Wednesday. Then on Sunday morning my travel date, I took my printed boarding pass to travelex at MMA1 and with God's favour got the remaining 2k at 256. Just after selling to me they stopped. I spent a total of about 3 hrs there and that was because I used my belle to jump queue and endured insults from some angry people that had been there since early morning lipsrsealed.
God continue to help and favour us all the way !!!
Where in chi-town are you? Am also in chicago...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2016
Ulio:

4th oct to Nov 30th

From my prelim investigation, your best fare now is Royal Air maroc @N282K, leaving 06/10 to return either 01/12 or 03/12. Next best fare is Virgin @N363K to leave 06/10 and return either 28/11 or 02/12. After that is Ethiopian air from 04/10 to 29/11 @N383K. You can go directly to the websites for each airline picking these dates to get slight cheaper fares(maybe 2-5K less) but use the dates i highlighted for each one. Those are the best dates I could find. Caveat: I'm not an agent oh, so there might be other deals that I can't assess
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 7:04am On Sep 08, 2016
@Ulio. Also. how far with your PTA waka? Any leads?

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.