Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,230 members, 7,825,891 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (901767 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I agree with your position. The grounds wherein the US grants asylum are race, religion, and nationality , political grounds and gender.
When you come to that gender ground, its mostly on grounds of female genital mutilation and other harmful practices against women. Granting asylum for domestic abuse of foreign nationals is rare and in my opinion would set a dangerous precedent. The victim has a choice to leave or report to her local authority. Nigerian law makes provision for prosecution of wife abusers.
I think canada is more lenient on that grounds
To the op, Ada biko eh marriage is not by force. I don't know what you are going through but if you are truly afraid for your life, carry your bag, leave. Lodge a petition with the police. That should serve as a deterrent to stalking and further unsavour acts, hopefully. 'Mrs' na title only o.

That is the issue, she needs a hell loads of evidence to convince the authority that her life and that of the baby are in danger if returned to Nigeria.

Bruises on her body, video evidence, police report and that of a Dr that treated which i'm not sure she has at the moment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by leleti: 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hello all.hope all babies and mamas are good.was supposed to travel next week.flight booked,crayfish and stockfish bought,bags almost totally packed.was supposed to travel alone,DH was to come around edd.then,it rained heavily saturday, slipped on some slippery steps saturday.very tiny fall o.long and short,broken leg,in POP,learning to walk with crutches.DH has already suggested we cancel.im torn.pls,sabi mamas,if it were you,what wld you do?go?how will you cope on the flight?and during labor?or would you stay and shelf the American dream?we've bn trying to get someone with a visa to follow me.no show.pls I need suggestions.thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
nefertitiram:

I was painting worst case scenario... Also what if the man is a maniac and stalk her to her parents... Did u read the story of the Ilorin case where the abusive lover stalked the mtn worker babe, stabbed her to death in front of her mother and also stabbed the mother who survived to tell the tale?

Or what if he comes to kidnap the baby, or makes her life a living hell...

I don't know how bad the situation is... But worst comes to the worst, claiming asylum to save her life, if she had proof that the man tried to strangle her or cause grievous bodily harm to her and the unborn child.

I just de talk my own. I spend too much time watching C&I and NL front-page, I've decided to live in a bubble.

Yes i read the story but i don't think the case is the same here.

I also think that women should do everything in their power to leave an abusive relationship/marriage, a man that beats you does not love you enough.

Stop praying for him to change, and remember that No is also an answer to prayer.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
leleti:
Hello all.hope all babies and mamas are good.was supposed to travel next week.flight booked,crayfish and stockfish bought,bags almost totally packed.was supposed to travel alone,DH was to come around edd.then,it rained heavily saturday, slipped on some slippery steps saturday.very tiny fall o.long and short,broken leg,in POP,learning to walk with crutches.DH has already suggested we cancel.im torn.pls,sabi mamas,if it were you,what wld you do?go?how will you cope on the flight?and during labor?or would you stay and shelf the American dream?we've bn trying to get someone with a visa to follow me.no show.pls I need suggestions.thank you
Sorry about the fall. Hope no too much serz injury / harm to baby.
In answer to your query, I believe you are the best person to answer that question. Is this your ist baby?, have you travelled before? Do you have the strenght and inner will? Some people get mind and can handle almost anything while some folks are babies.
For the flight, you can request for a wheel chair. And if you do travel, carry doctor's report for the injury cos believe me them go de query you if na hubby use you learn WWF cheesy. You go taya to answer kweshun
Ehe! I have visa o! How much u go pay me? grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
justwise:

I also think that women should do everything in their power to leave an abusive relationship/marriage, a man that beats you does not love you enough.

Stop praying for him to change, and remember that No is also an answer to prayer.

Does not love you at all!
Gbam! If person wan be prayer warrior, God is not limited by distance o! I can be in my face you I face me apartment dey pray for the man

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Earlybird81(f): 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
Earlybird81:
Good day dear NLs,
This is indeed a great forum with people of a very deep wealth of knowledge and experience.To all that have kept this thread alive and informative, God bless u all abundantly and may your fountain of knowledge never run dry IJMN.Amen!

I am presently in Houston now still expecting my baby by the special grace of God.I will definitely come back here to give back and share my testimony but for now I need urgent info.

DH is with me but will be returning to Naija in about 12days from now.Now, since the baby is yet to land (lol),and DH will b going back soon,how can we get some of the baby's documents that involves him signing so that we don't hv to wait till baby comes b4 doing all that.And besides my concern has been what if baby comes after he might hv left?God forbid sha.I really want him and pray that he will there on d day of delivery....Someone in the house should please enlighten us.

NB:I will also appreciate other document procedures,fees and length of time each individual doc takes eg birth cert, SSN, passport, Visa etc.

Also a friend of mine mentioned using Tanko or Eddy for the Nigerian Visa and going tru this thread, their names keep coming up especially Tanko,can someone pls help wt his number as well?Let me establish a connection with him b4 LO arrives as I can see from wat hv read on this thread that he's a very sought-after agent.

Lastly,we are using Dr E of Oakbend Medical Centre here in Houton.We hv paid her bills but yet to balance the hospital bills (already paid half) and baby shd be due anytime from now. My question is this;is there anyway to go into a payment plan with the hospital after delivery or the balance has to be paid b4 delivery as we intend to balance up after delivery (we really don't intend running away wt their money as we know better how this will jeopardise future visa renewal and entry into the US).
Will the baby be attended to if we haven't balanced the hospital bills as at wen baby was born?It's my first time having a baby in the US.

I apologise for a lengthy post.....I really need answers and clarifications as am deeply disturbed with the concerns raised above.

I am yet to get a response..
Somebody please help attend to my concerns above.It's giving me anxieties already...Please help a sister in dire need of information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
Earlybird81:

I am yet to get a response..
Somebody please help attend to my concerns above.It's giving me anxieties already...Please help a sister in dire need of information.

Your worry is limited to the Baby's US passport which requires a consent letter if both parents are not in the US at the time of birth. If the baby does not arrive before DH leaves, he can process the consent letter in Nigeria at the embassy and send same to you. This can only be done after the baby is born.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
lobus:

Your worry is limited to the Baby's US passport which requires a consent letter if both parents are not in the US at the time of birth. If the baby does not arrive before DH leaves, he can process the consent letter in Nigeria at the embassy and send same to you. This can only be done after the baby is born.
@OP The rest have been treated over and over. I believe Nnytsc recently posted all that. A few pages back.
Contact the hospital and ask if they take payment plan
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
justwise:

No is Indeed an answer to some prayers.
We should also train our boys to be the husband we want to have and make it a point of duty to set good examples at all times. Marriage should not be tolerated and no justification is enough for a man\woman (yes some women) to abuse each other be it verbal,physical or emotional. May God help us in making good choices\decisions.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cindermum: 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
Her mum was in the house when he beat her up and I was happy she witnessed it but sadly, she didn't do anything about it. He left d house since then and hasn't returned and she's busy asking him to come back home sad .... she already started stitching head 3weeks after marriage

happytbaby:
What about her people? Please try and contact her people. If a man as much as slap my daughter, she is coming home...biko...I grew that body from scratch.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
Abeg no mind my silly question, dh is joining me this weekend, would he be allowed to bring me *ileya roasted meat n kilishi Or I shud just tell him not to bring it over.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
justwise:

Oya chop kiss kiss

Well said
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
leleti:

Buy me tkt I will follow u grin

Free nanny
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
simababe:
Abeg no mind my silly question, dh is joining me this weekend, would he be allowed to bring me *ileya roasted meat n kilishi Or I shud just tell him not to bring it over.

I highly doubt if beef can be allowed to pass
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Earlybird81(f): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
lobus:

Thank you very much for your response.God bless you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Earlybird81(f): 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

@OP The rest have been treated over and over. I believe Nnytsc recently posted all that. A few pages back.
Contact the hospital and ask if they take payment plan

Thank you my sister.Will check the pages now.God bless you.
Wishing everyone a successful story in all phases of this "American Baby" journey.lol.May all our efforts not be in vain IJMN.Amen!!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by stevemeks(m): 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hello my good people. Stumbled into this thread last week. I bet the quality of info I got is the reason for giving back. DW and my 23months old son entered via washington POE . @29 wks she got the fit to fly cert at Port health for 2k. Arrived 9/11 (what a date)
Cbd. Why are you visiting
Dw. For vacation and to have my baby
Cbd. How old is ur pregnancy
Dw. 29 weeks
Cbd. How much do you have with you
Dw. 8k plus some change. My husband will also be coming in few weeks
Cbd. What does your husband do
Dw. Blabla
Cbd.Oh good, and you
Dw. blabla
Cbd. How long will you be staying
Dw.about 12 wks
Cbd.Where will you be staying
Dw.blabla
She was stamped. No secondary.no question about contacting a Dr. Money deposited etc. It was super fast .
Thanks to all who have been resourceful on this thread. And thank God for favours for all other mums

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
nefertitiram:

Buy me tkt I will follow u grin

Free nanny
Madam please don't pour san' san' in my garri! Na me ist talk am grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nazstra: 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
Let me first of all thank Nerf for helping me get that Asky ticket. It was awesome. Got to newjersey on 6th of sept. Got to the Cbp. The man no look my face. Collected I and LO's passport. "Your right hand please." My brothers and sisters that was all the man said to me. He wrote b2 on my visa and stamped I and my son in for 6 months. I picked up my luggage, with all the okporoko, mangala, crayfish, indomie, knorr egusi, ogbono, ugu, utazi, uziza, scent leaf, bitter leaf, beans etc that I declared so as not to get wahala. Na so nobody answer me, they just collected the form and told me welcome to USA. Na so I tk waka commot from newark airport without head ache. Lady G and every other person encouraging honesty, I remain ever grateful. Been here for one week. At 37weeks waiting for LO to pop. Keep you guys updated as we go.

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
Lady G and Nef, you people are not serious people at all. You go leave your kids for house come dey do nanny work abi? Una husband go pack una load and dump at d airport for you.

@ Leleti, Lady G has addressed the issue. If you think you are strong enough but seriously how will you cope with baby alone? Baby minding is hard work o, people without a broken leg have been know to fall into post natal depression when they come alone. Depression is real o and its not only oyinbo people e dey affect.

LadyGuinivere:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
Babes,

Sorry to ask o but is it the guy that is feeding her family too? Does she have a tangible source of income?

Mamas and Papas in the house my prayer is that may we raise strong women, good men and be strong women ourselves. As I dey so, I dont even need my parents buy-in if a man is beating me...I go don rent house and moved out sotay.

cindermum:
Her mum was in the house when he beat her up and I was happy she witnessed it but sadly, she didn't do anything about it. He left d house since then and hasn't returned and she's busy asking him to come back home sad .... she already started stitching head 3weeks after marriage

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Lolz! Make u help her look oga for house, make I go do nanny for yonder na

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Permit me to disagree with u. There is no reason on God's green earth that should make a man raise his hand against his wife except self defence. Yes. Some women have karate skills.
Na them get rage pass? If God dealt with everybody with rage in reaction to all our over do, earth would be a wasteland now.
Jesus sef wen dem spit on, did he call thunder to fire them? Mba! He forgave.
Who sets the standard for rage? If my husband has a short fuse and I step on his toes and he gets enraged then its ok for him to pummel me? All na rage and to him he's justified. Biko there is no justification.
I rest my case o

Absolutely no justification!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
nefertitiram:

Lolz! Make u help her look oga for house, make I go do nanny for yonder na
She didn't ask for oga minder. I might do too good of a job sef undecided

@happytbaby? In this economy? And I'm getting obodoyibo job? Na oga go pack my bag sef..cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
leleti:

Can you use a wheelchair? You need your fit to fly and then you can book wheelchair. Get an apartment that has catered services such as cook, driver etc. You can still do it but with more expense and more uncomfortable. You can try to upgrade your seat to a premium seat. You might want to consider CS.

So sorry about your leg. Hope you get better.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cindermum: 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
Oh no, he's not feeding her family and she doesn't have a job at the moment cos she resigned last Dec after her office posted her to badagry and couldn't cope with the distance...

Amen to your prayer.

happytbaby:
Babes,

Sorry to ask o but is it the guy that is feeding her family too? Does she have a tangible source of income?

Mamas and Papas in the house my prayer is that may we raise strong women, good men and be strong women ourselves. As I dey so, I dont even need my parents buy-in if a man is beating me...I go don rent house and moved out sotay.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 12:57am On Sep 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I too day interested for this omugwo work o,shey man fit follow for the waka? Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tcayda: 1:52am On Sep 14, 2016
[quote author=Niksie post=49240835]

Tcayda congrats on your successful entry. I'm just curious, please did you pay for the PTA at travelex using POS or did u have to go with all the cash? i'm asking cos i earlier read here that someone could not use POS there (travelex). Thanks

Thanks dear @Niksie I transfered the money directly to their bank account. Travelex abuja is in a skye bank so it makes life easy. Plus you don't need a boarding pass and all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 3:20am On Sep 14, 2016
All the funny "shudrens" on this thread... grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Economy don turn graduates to dey find Omugwo work.....

Been laughing since... Make una nor let me laugh make baby fall commot for my hand oh!

Ehen!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 5:36am On Sep 14, 2016
Hallos gehfrnd nnystc

Bring xshocolates for Ur e-frnd. Abeg dat omugwo work isn't for me. But I can be traveling companion for all of dem(d preggy and omugwo candidates)

My resume
I can talk for Africa and very funny. U will just be laffing and paying me per hour in dollarz.

I can help to taste the foods for missing ingredients. I understand all d Nigeria languages aand have contacts that is valuable for Nigeria ingredients.

With the above, I hope I will be considered for travel companion. Ohh and I can massage very well. You see that broken leg, I go just massage it, it will heal instantly!! Am so good grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 6:30am On Sep 14, 2016
Hi to all the Gurus in the house.. been busy offline for couple of days.. i am.just trying to read to get up-to-date with this plenty unread pages.. i just notice @firsttymum never post on the last 2 to 3 pages.. aunty @firsttymum i de hail o.. i hope you good .. big shout to everyones that has contributed positively on this thread.. God bless you all...i just de waka pass.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2016
Congrats Steve. More testimonies will come your way.

stevemeks:
Hello my good people. Stumbled into this thread last week. I bet the quality of info I got is the reason for giving back. DW and my 23months old son entered via washington POE . @29 wks she got the fit to fly cert at Port health for 2k. Arrived 9/11 (what a date)
Cbd. Why are you visiting
Dw. For vacation and to have my baby
Cbd. How old is ur pregnancy
Dw. 29 weeks
Cbd. How much do you have with you
Dw. 8k plus some change. My husband will also be coming in few weeks
Cbd. What does your husband do
Dw. Blabla
Cbd.Oh good, and you
Dw. blabla
Cbd. How long will you be staying
Dw.about 12 wks
Cbd.Where will you be staying
Dw.blabla
She was stamped. No secondary.no question about contacting a Dr. Money deposited etc. It was super fast .
Thanks to all who have been resourceful on this thread. And thank God for favours for all other mums

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.