Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,736 members, 7,809,819 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897988 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Correct1: 9:25am On Sep 27, 2016
Hello wonderful people, how are you all doing? Congratulations to all successful poe experience, and all that have put to bed and God's grace to all still on the line. Please does anyone know any hospital in Houston that one can pay thru form A. I have searched did not really see anything like that. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 10:03am On Sep 27, 2016
Thanks alot Dear, guess u ve arrived Houston. Any need for a Wheel chair? How was Houston POE?
superdoll:

modified

I am presently on board emirate (dubai -houston) . I only presented fit to fly from my doc and dey said its fine, only asked dt my doc shuld include my edd next time as he only wrote dt am 33wks, so u may want to get ur doc to include dt, even though it neva gave me issues. Am coming back wt my houston poe experience *wink*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 10:18am On Sep 27, 2016
Wow!
I saw this coming... It was only a matter of time...

Time for further research!

Chiowerri, i sent you a mail.

Chiowerri:
Ladies, i got a mail from DR. M of la office informng me of price increase at st francis. Vd 5100 and cs is 6600.

Please does anyone know if the centinela package of 3k for vd and 5k for cs is all inclusive. I would appreciate a breakdown from any centinela mama out there.

Very urgent please as i have already bought ticket for LA.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oniwoski: 10:30am On Sep 27, 2016
Many thanks for your answers so far....planning on birthing in houston. Pls for the gurus...i have bout 300k left to complete my total estimated cost in my budget sheet and my interview is sooooo close....Kindly assist on how to answer if asked why by the vo cos i won't have the money until next month salary is paid...biko i need suggestion.....This thread is been amazingly helpful to me...thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 10:36am On Sep 27, 2016
Western Union/Moneygram Update.
Someone inquired of me from GTB few mins ago. Says u need a dom acct and na dollars u go pay to send abroad. Wots d point? If I had dollars, I for just carry am travel na!
Abeg, someone dat did dis WU or MG earlier,epp me clarify dis. Some of d bankers on d counter no sabi. I hav dollar acct but How do I fund it? Mschheeeww
chikos:
Again, if you send more than 4 _ 5 to one name, the western union people will send back to Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2016
TripleKMama:
Western Union/Moneygram Update.
Someone inquired of me from GTB few mins ago. Says u need a dom acct and na dollars u go pay to send abroad. Wots d point? If I had dollars, I for just carry am travel na!
Abeg, someone dat did dis WU or MG earlier,epp me clarify dis. Some of d bankers on d counter no sabi. I hav dollar acct but How do I fund it? Mschheeeww

Very very untrue. The person has no clue about Wat ure asking. Pls ask anoda staff or go to anoda branch.

U pay naira 100% for MG and WU

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2016
I got the same response 2 weeks ago from GTB. I asked for options available to send money to US, either WU or MG, they said they no longer do either cos they ve backlogs and network issues or so. I asked if i culd transfer to a Bank of America accout, they said I shld fund my dom acct. I just left them, wats d essence if I ve to buy dollar from aboki and pay to gtb? mcheeeeeeeew. Ona related note, I understand that GTB withdrawal rate in US is closing to 400 as at y'day.
mumzt:

Very very untrue. The person has no clue about Wat ure asking. Pls ask anoda staff or go to anoda branch.

U pay naira 100% for MG and WU
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2016
Thanks a lot.
mumzt:

I didn't use wheel chair at any point of my journey. My tommy wasn't so big and I was still very active wen I travelled. Distance in dubai depends on ur gate. In houston, airport was empty. Cldnt have bn dat long cos I can't rmbr anything abt d dist. Sorry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 11:14am On Sep 27, 2016
debby516:
I got the same response 2 weeks ago from GTB. I asked for options available to send money to US, either WU or MG, they said they no longer do either cos they ve backlogs and network issues or so. I asked if i culd transfer to a Bank of America accout, they said I shld fund my dom acct...
@debby516 @triplekmama i think things are truly no longer the same. three banks (ECO, UBA & SKYE) gave me same stories yesterday too that they no longer send WU/ or MG but receive. SKYE SAID THEY HAVE BACKLOG TO DEAL WITH. God help us!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2016
Dis is serious.
Access Bank says dey're doing but as at dis mng, dem never get allocation. So it's a surprise banks like GT haf even stopped giving. Chai!
Niksie:

@debby516 @triplekmama i think things are truly no longer the same. three banks (ECO, UBA & SKYE) gave me same stories yesterday too that they no longer send WU/ or MG but receive. SKYE SAID THEY HAVE BACKLOG TO DEAL WITH. God help us!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mille: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
powermike9999 , Please sir, I have a few questions concerning travelex. I'm travelling tomorrow and I haven't even got the needed forex.

1. Is the online boarding pass generally accepted?

2. Is there any other requirement other than flight ticket and boarding pass?

3. My flight time is 8pm. Any suggestion on when to go so as to beat the long queue?

4. Any idea if they sell euro too and at what rate?

Anyone with an answer can also please contribute.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oniwoski: 12:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hi all, can someone pls reply my post...biko nu. ..i am loyal oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
Are u in Abuja or Lag?
Abuja Travelex is giving but it's rather late now. Dey accept ticket too. I think online boarding pass is OK cos dats all I usually do to save time. Boarding pass na boarding pass. Maybe it depends on d staff u meet.
Like someone said, arrive super early and try. Travel wit enough ATM cards to withdraw your $1000 per month and pay as u go.
Mille:
powermike9999 , Please sir, I have a few questions concerning travelex. I'm travelling tomorrow and I haven't even got the needed forex.

1. Is the online boarding pass generally accepted?

2. Is there any other requirement other than flight ticket and boarding pass?

3. My flight time is 8pm. Any suggestion on when to go so as to beat the long queue?

4. Any idea if they sell euro too and at what rate?

Anyone with an answer can also please contribute.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
Dis month salary don drop? I nefa see my alert o! grin
If it's next month, find somewhere borrow money na so it won't be too close to ur interview date. U can also 'defend' urself by sayin u paid someone some money to source forex for u (ur sis, mum or cousin) and hopeful,u'll hav d dollar equivalent of d outstanding cash. Chai. Me no like lying o but just be creative and stall dem since u know for sure dat u'll Get d money by d travel date.
All d best!
oniwoski:
Many thanks for your answers so far....planning on birthing in houston. Pls for the gurus...i have bout 300k left to complete my total estimated cost in my budget sheet and my interview is sooooo close....Kindly assist on how to answer if asked why by the vo cos i won't have the money until next month salary is paid...biko i need suggestion.....This thread is been amazingly helpful to me...thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oniwoski: 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2016
Thanks so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hello house,

Please, could someone kindly post Tanko/Eddy's number? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
oniwoski:
Nne the truth is that birthing visa is strict in the sense that u have to show proof that u can afford it. Can u not wait till next month for the salary to drop and go then?

There's no other way that we can tell you to answer except that you are expecting your next month salary (which I assume arrives like clockwork and u have the statement to show same)
And then u pray the vo buys that story. But I advise u reschedule the appointment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
TripleKMama:
Dis is serious.
Access Bank says dey're doing but as at dis mng, dem never get allocation. So it's a surprise banks like GT haf even stopped giving. Chai!

WU and MG has bn difficult since d dollar ish. Most banks will put u on queue but u can find ur way depending on hw long ur legs are. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
Niksie:

my dear for ecobank who ever told u d only receive dats not true is just dat each branch has a particular day to send and limit as well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amother4life: 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
Good day all,
Anybody in Houston in need of dollars?
PM me i need naira for something urgently. Scammers stay away!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
To God be the glory,i had my baby boy yesterday at St Francis and Dr M was around to take the delivery ..
Wishing other pregnant mothers safe delivery. Thanks

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
Who needs extra pta? I'm travelling next week, and can apply for pta from travelex, but I really don't need it, I'll sell it to you at 400. We meet up at the airport, you transfer to travelex, and the extra to me and get your dollars. If you're interested follow me, and I'll send you a pm back.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2016
oniwoski:

300k is no bigie now,tell them that according to plans,that by your departure date your salary would have dropped as they can see from your statement the date it usually drops

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mummykoko: 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
@ triplemama, is Lagos travelex giving PTA? I called Abuja office and was told dollar is no longer available. kindly plssss urgently help out. I will be travelling next month and Abuja office promised giving me a week to my departure. earnestly waiting to hear frm u. tnks.

TOo the general house any info on the way forward?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jayoy: 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hi house! If u need PTA via travelex on Monday 3rd @MMI, pm me too.. will sell @386.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mummykoko: 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
@jayoy is that the new rate?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
mumnadine:
my dear for ecobank who ever told u d only receive dats not true is just dat each branch has a particular day to send and limit as well
ok thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
@mummykoko, that's probably not the new rate. Probably wants to sell to you r for a little profit. But confirm sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kingsdaughter: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2016
kilam111:
Hi Good eve to all dear sis & members,
I'm a to be Jan-17 mom God willing (So far it is a normal 1st pregnancy without any complications),having B1/B2 multiple entrty visa till 2020(But not used it yet).currently living in UAE & wish a better passport(USA) for my baby..this is the only forum I hope to help & guide me.Pls

I believe you guys are mentioning Delivery in visa/CBP on medical ground to avail better medical care, But living in UAE & having UAE-insurance I cant say this...I'm confused that to hide my pregnancy or tell the truth to CBP/Embassy in advance?(& if to hide, which is best time to travel & what to tell to CBP?

& I have no family/friends in USA as such but I can afford delivery there, Any guidance which is best & most economical place in US for this?
If any1 from UAE have done it Pls PM me..
Regards & well wishes to all.

I live in the gulf and I had my visa prior to being pregnant. I wasn't asked why I wanted to give birth in the US but i was armed with twins, high risk pregnancy and better facility reasons and if that wasn't enough, I had the card of my mum coming in to help (we landed on the same flight but she originated from nigeria) but won't be able to get a quick visit visa into the gulf during the period I needed her and I can't go back to Nigeria cos of the high risk pregnancy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2016
veleta:
To God be the glory,i had my baby boy yesterday at St Francis and Dr M was around to take the delivery .He was so professional and confirmed the hospital increment.The hospital was initially owned by Catholics,the Franciscan hence, the subsidized bill but was sold lately.

Congratulations dearie ! God be praised and welcome to your baby boy kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy1821: 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
Finally I can also in the spirit of giving back to the thread grin, I arrived in the US yesterday morning via Arik. On Monday the 19th I received the pick up call from Stanbic so I went there the next day for pick up. I was given 2k instead of the 4k I applied for at the rate of 377.77. From there I went to airport to find out about travelex and fit to fly from the port health.
On Sunday we got to the airport around 5pm, I went to the port health for my fit to fly, the nurse measured my bump and got 30 weeks even though I was 32 weeks+, she checked my bp and my weight and issued the certificate. I paid 1500 and also gave her 500 for recharge card. From there I checked and collected my boarding pass.
We had the intention of buying the remaining 2k from travelex but unfortunately they didn't have dollars on that day. The flight was for 11:30pm but we left 12:00am. Thanks to nefertitiram my mind was prepared not to expect too much from Arik, there was no in-flight entertainment, hostesses were not friendly and the food was just there.
We landed at JFK around 6:06am, meanwhile I met a friend's wife at the airport and we were on the same flight. We used the self assessment machine and my receipt came out with the x mark while hers was clear. Na dia my heart first cut, she was cleared immediately while I was directed to a cbp officer.
Cbp: good morning where are you coming from
Me: good morning, Nigeria
Cbp: why are here
Me: (truthfully I was scared and I wanted to say just vacation then I thought haba you are a Nairalander and you are fully harmed with your burden of proof, I renewed my visa via dropbox and also sent notification of intent letter) vacation and to have my baby
Cbp: stood up to look at me and said oh you are pregnant
Me : yes
Cbp: how long will you be staying
Me: 13 weeks
Cbp: do you have your return ticket
Me: yes
Cbp: what's the name of the hospital you will be using
Me: University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center
Cbp: have you been there before
Me: yes I was there in March and I have my appointment card
Cbp: stamps my passport till March and said have a safe delivery
That was all, my bags were not checked. Took a taxi to port authority for 58$ and from there entered greyhound bus to Baltimore for 42$. Flying Arik to JFK then taking bus to Baltimore was cost effective for me as I got the ticket for 268k.
In all I thank God for his favor and this thread for preparing me.

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TeeteeK: 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
veleta:
To God be the glory,i had my baby boy yesterday at St Francis and Dr M was around to take the delivery .He was so professional and confirmed the hospital increment.The hospital was initially owned by Catholics,the Franciscan hence, the subsidized bill but was sold lately.
Congrats dear,think you left ur pregnacare in the car last week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.