Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900687 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
omoba88:
Hi everyone, pls for those that used WHMC lately can you share the fees you paid...having a hard time in deciding which hospital to go with... #dis forex hike can make a calculator's battery run down
Lmao!!! ROTFL na true o, I thought it was only me calculating every hour
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
chicagobound:
Hello fam, I'm just passing by ni oh and as always oz ycy, LadyG, Nefert itiram, Firstt ymum and plenty others I hail all of you, God bless you guys incredibly. Congratulations everyone on new babies, porting and visas. @triplek mama your posts cracked me up. Congratulations firstt ymum wish u a verrrrry safe one.
I dey hail you too. GOD bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tolulope9009: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
cc AdomMum:

How you and your LO?

Can you kindly answer the followimg questions for me?

May I know the lab tests you did from Nigeria that were accepted as well as the others you did at the Dr's office..?

What did the prenatal panel entail?

Did you also do the Group B strep test, chlamydia gonococcus DNA probe, and pap smear with reflex to HPV?

Was informed, in my hospital, that pregnant women do not do pap smear so I am wondering..

Eager for your reply. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
ChuksCodar:
good day my friends have had a package sent to me since on the 3rd of September and have not been able to track it even on usps and nipost tracking site am really confused and sad cause i don't know what to do please can anybody help out this is the tracking number UH0001. 32908US
Contact the online store that sent the package and lay your complain so they can track/ investigate and get back to you. If after everything your package didn't get to you, you will be refunded.
If you stay in an apartment try and check the front desk, mail box etc.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CyZubby(f): 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hello house good day, please has anyone used gtbank naira master card of late? Please what's their charge like to one dollar?. Thank you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
ChuksCodar:
Good day friends i have this problem with usps i had a package sent to me since on the 3rd of September and have not been able to track it am really sad cause its not tracking on usps site or even on nipost the tracking number UH000132908US i would really appreciate your help God bless you all
I'm guessing the item is coming from the US to Nigeria.... It would NEVER get to your house grin grin

You have to go to the Nipost office in your town to look for it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2016
Udiboy:

I am flexible with my rates. It's 440. Instead of abokimallam 490.
I like your hustle.....but abokimallam was down to 470 as at this morning...I guess you din't get the memo grin

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
356. Dollar is falling o. We are praying! grin
Udiboy:
Any mum in need of dollars?
I have physical cash of $1300 for exchange. It's 440. Instead of abokimallam 490.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
Pls does anyone know the current amount for Nigerian passport?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
TripleKMama:
356. Dollar is falling o. We are praying! grin
Amin Amin Amin loruko Jesu!!! let it keep falling o

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
Amen o, let it fall more. I feel for people that have to buy this at the ridiculous price.
But the hard truth is that dollar will get to 500 naira before or after Xmas. Mark this comment.
It will fall a bit to 460 450 ish next month or so and then it will take a deep into the ocean . 500 to 1$. Don't ask me how I know all these grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
Udiboy:
Amen o, let it fall more. I feel for people that have to buy this at the ridiculous price.
But the hard truth is that dollar will get to 500 naira before or after Xmas. Mark this comment.
It will fall a bit to 460 450 ish next month or so and then it will take a deep into the ocean . 500 to 1$. Don't ask me how I know all these grin
Is dt ur prayer

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
lobus:
Hello guys. Please is there anyone going to Houston tomorrow or next? I want the person to help me take notarized consent letter. I would really appreciate any help.

Please ooo, anyone going to Houston tomorrow or next?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abuleoshi: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
Udiboy:
Madam sell your "market" quietly and stop speculating and putting pressure on the Naira with your false prophesy!

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hello Mamas, sorry I've not been responding to the questions on St. MARY'S Hospital. I had my baby on 22nd Sept. @ St. Mary's Hospital via CS. Dr. Fares was not available to take the delivery cost he had an emergency case that came up just before my scheduled Csection time (initially scheduled for 12noon, and it was rescheduled for 4:00pm but it didn't happen until 7pm). Apparently someone was supposed to call me from their office before 10:00am which was the time I was expected to be admitted at the hospital but she didn't and I was already at the hospital and in the process of being admitted before they called me (for scheduled cs, tou have to be at the hospital no later than 2hrs prior to the surgery). Given that I drove 1hr 15mins from my house to the hospital, I just went through with the admission process and stayed in bed till 4:00pm then, another story of after another until 6:50pm when I became very angry, went to the hallway where the entire team of Drs. were and I shouted and did small naija madness for them that if the procedure does not stay by 7:00pm, I will cancel and get a 100% refund of every dime I have paid. Like magic, everyone was on their toes and the procedure started 7:00pm on the dot. My little 8.6lb princess was out by 7:18pm and by 7:40 I was in the recovery room. In all, despite the delays, it everything went smoothly. The following day. Dr. FARES came to see me and personally offered his apologies for how things went and said everything that happened was just beyond him and his team's control. In all I realised that God had a plan for how things went that day.

A summary of the bill (I have zero balance statement from both dr. office and hospital).

Hosp. (Csection) $5000 (covers 3 nights/4days stay for both mum and baby)
Epidural: $1000
Dr. Fares: $2000 (for both cs and vaginal). This also covers for 1 post partum checkup
Paediatrician: $750 ( dr. Zarmani was such an awesome dr.)
Dr. Fares accept your nigeria reporT's and blood works if you bring them along with you. I only did Rubella test ($20) and GBS (which is usually done at 38wks) for $30.15 (discounted from $100.50)

Birth certificate was ready a few days after delivery (although when you are filling the form at the hospital they will tell you ut will take 2-3wks for it to be ready). Waiting for my SSN to begin processing baby's US passport. As for accommodation the areas around St. Mary's and dr F office are Clifton and Passaic. From what I gathered, Passaic na real downtown so if you no chop plenty liver, find accommodation else where. That's a brief of my experience at St Mary and Dr. Fares. Sorry for the long post, I just want to try and cover as much as I can with the hope that people's questions will be answered.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by seangy4konji: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
Bro...if you loose the receipt given to you at VFS...can you take ordinary passport page or whats the way to goits urgent.
justwise:

Feel free to call it whatever you want.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
Funtolash you don't need her SSN to get her passport. Only BC....just put zeros in the space for ssn

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

A friend was denied upon renewal for using a birthing centre. Vo asked y she would go halfway around the world to use a midwife. Are there no midwives in Nigeria.

So...choose wisely

Biko do you know any certified birthing centers or hospitals that offer "water birthing" skillfully in nigeria? and With all the necessary arrangements put in place in the event of an emergency. Your friend may think it was just for that reason she was denied but Im almost certain there was more to than just that to it........

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
Thanks sugar. I told my host that it's not necessary but she insisted it is so I just kept quiet.
sugah:
Funtolash you don't need her SSN to get her passport. Only BC....just put zeros in the space for ssn
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
seangy4konji:
Bro...if you loose the receipt given to you at VFS...can you take ordinary passport page or whats the way to goits urgent.

Do you have the email or text sent to you for collection?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by seangy4konji: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
Yes
justwise:

Do you have the email or text sent to you for collection?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
seangy4konji:
Yes

Then go with that in addition to any other form of ID you have and explain things to them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by seangy4konji: 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Thanks a bunch..that was helpful.was thinking of affidavit before..

thanks again.
justwise:

Then go with that in addition to any other form of ID you have and explain things to them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phee: 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=Udiboy post=49886859]Any mum in need of dollars?
since your rate is flexible, respond to pm and let negotiate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hi Tolulope! LO and I are goodd. Thanks for asking.

Tests that i did:
Vitals (blood group, genotype, urinalysis,urine m/c/s, etc), chlamydia, gonorrhea, VDRL, HIV, Rubella, 2hrs Glucose Tolerance test, Hepatitis B, 3 ultrasounds at different stages of my pregnancy, Group B Strep ( but mine wasnt accepted cz they used urine to run the test instead of vaginal swab).

I dint do Pap smear in Naija cz of the usual story of being far gone into the pregnancy and the risk. Dint do it when i got here either maybe cz of how my first visit and labour went.

So, all my tests were accepted and i did not do any here. But i think the doc will request you do or redo a test he isnt satisfied with.

Prenatal visit entails you seeing the doctor, having a one on one discussion with him,going thru your medical records,requesting for tests where the need be etc. He's a friendly man so it's just a time for chit chatting and getting to know you and how healthy you are.
I hope i have answered your questions.
tolulope9009:
cc AdomMum:

How you and your LO?

Can you kindly answer the followimg questions for me?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=phee post=49893765][/quote]

I replied you instantly ma
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 10:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=phee post=49893765][/quote]

@phee, check your email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tyrah1: 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
Congrats @funtolash
[quote author=funtolash post=49892285]Hello Mamas, sorry I've not been responding to the questions on St. MARY'S Hospital. I had my baby on 22nd Sept. @ St. Mary's Hospital via CS. Dr. Fares was not available to take the delivery cost he had an emergency case that came up just before my scheduled Csection time (initially scheduled for 12noon, and it was rescheduled for 4:00
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
MissHunnyBerry:

Biko do you know any certified birthing centers or hospitals that offer "water birthing" skillfully in nigeria? and With all the necessary arrangements put in place in the event of an emergency. Your friend may think it was just for that reason she was denied but Im almost certain there was more to than just that to it........

She did not say she went for water birthing. I'll suggest you read properly before commenting off point.
The Visa officer told her his reservations so you can have the conversation with the officer if you can reach him to prove your almost certainty

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Atdor: 12:16am On Oct 04, 2016
Hi every one am new on this forum and I appreciate all comments raised so far. I can hardly digest all from 1-4. Got to know about this forum late.

Pls my question is , my flight is next week, Houston to be precise. Pls am seriously in need of a Doctor and hospital at Katy , cos my host stays at Katy.

I seriously need an appointment letter from a Doctor at Katy cos i believe I might need it at POE. Pls help a sis . Even if I have to pay in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.