Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (901110 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by volsea: 3:12am On Oct 12, 2016
Good morning everyone, pls need your help on this. My visa application was meant for vacation and hotel was mentioned as accommodation. Now the story has changed, though the chance of intent letter has been sent and reply received. And I'm planning of staying with somebody now, if at the POE I'm asked where I will be staying do I need to still book the hotel or just mention my new host address. Please I need your help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 3:14am On Oct 12, 2016
babythug:

Hello everyone

Just to mention I successfully used the visa on arrival option for my baby a few weeks back! The key thing is to arrive at the airport early and explain that you will get the visa in Nigeria, have the baby's birth certificate on hand as well. It costs 200 dollars even though the official rate is 160 dollars

Good luck

I flew Qatar airways

Babe thanks for belling the cat grin

Pls explain how you did it cos I might have to tow that path
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 4:58am On Oct 12, 2016
Pls dis visa on arrival thing, is it based on airline or what? Anyone done visa on arrival wit BA? Pls epp! Kindly share ur experience. Tanks!
feddy27:

Babe thanks for belling the cat grin
Pls explain how you did it cos I might have to tow that path
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damsel020: 8:01am On Oct 12, 2016
What's the procedure please? Leaving soon and don't mind using this option if its straightforward.

babythug:

Hello everyone

Just to mention I successfully used the visa on arrival option for my baby a few weeks back! The key thing is to arrive at the airport early and explain that you will get the visa in Nigeria, have the baby's birth certificate on hand as well. It costs 200 dollars even though the official rate is 160 dollars

Good luck

I flew Qatar airways
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bisiswag(f): 8:21am On Oct 12, 2016
Really nice thread. Please will really appreciate your answers. Someone that doesn't have relatives over there can she still birth there and if possible what are the procedures. Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 8:25am On Oct 12, 2016
bouqounmie:
Pls how much was your infant ticket with Qatar airways?

I paid 182.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2016
I am 100% sure that my hospital in Ikoyi officially charges 20K for both fit to fly and Doctor's report. Thanks for the heads up.
Rebarobyn:

Please which hospital is asking for 20k for fit to fly? Are you sure someone was not trying to play a fast one o you? I didn't pay a dime from mine.

The letter will suffice provided you are not above 36 weeks as at the the departure date of the final leg of your trip. You should make at least 2 copies though cos they may collect it at the point of departure both in nigeria and dubai.

Also try not to be "obviously pregnant" or look helpless at the point of departure. Even if you have a fit to fly if the airline officials have any doubts that you can complete the journey, they can subject you to further checks. Heard someone was returned from dubai because she was very heavy buh I didn't hear the full story sha.

Asides that Emirates is a correct airline and their staff are friendly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by misscanada123: 9:07am On Oct 12, 2016
Good morning my country people. Please has anyone ever flown Ethiopian airline on this missionary journey? I just want to get an idea of your experience and also cost of infant ticket , bassinet on board etc

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mom4ever: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2016
Good morning, all. Pls, has anyone used their naija bank card to pay in pounds this week and how much was it? Which is the favourable card to use.? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 9:22am On Oct 12, 2016
volsea:
Good morning everyone, pls need your help on this. My visa application was meant for vacation and hotel was mentioned as accommodation. Now the story has changed, though the chance of intent letter has been sent and reply received. And I'm planning of staying with somebody now, if at the POE I'm asked where I will be staying do I need to still book the hotel or just mention my new host address. Please I need your help

Where you pregnant when you applied for the visa? If no,then i think the best thing for you to do at this stage is to come clean and be truthful since the whole wake has changed. If i were you,if asked at POE,i will just tell them that visa was originally gotten for vacation and i had planned to stay in a hotel then,but since i couldn't use it for that purpose,i decided to use it for birthing and had informed the embassy of my change of intent and I'm staying with a friend now,shikina !

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2016
TripleKMama:
Pls dis visa on arrival thing, is it based on airline or what? Anyone done visa on arrival wit BA? Pls epp! Kindly share ur experience. Tanks!

Cc: babythug
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2016
Mom4ever:
Good morning, all. Pls, has anyone used their naija bank card to pay in pounds this week and how much was it? Which is the favourable card to use.? Thanks.

Check abokifx.com for current rate,you will find different bank rates there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ezemistic: 9:34am On Oct 12, 2016
We are already in New York. We bought from black market @ N473/$.. Is not easy, we have no choice because I m already 34+.. if anyone who can help with cheaper rate, we will be glad to have it. Thanks

Pamperme:

The bank can give you a letter to that effect. My friend got one from Zenith yesterday addressed to Travelex. Hopefully she will get the forex today...

Also, without boarding pass, they wont give you. Infact, after payment, the dollar will be given to you at the boarding gate... (that's what they started this week o)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2016
dunnibaby:
It's time to share my POE experience and to the glory of God, it is a success! Flew Egypt air from abuja to Cairo. Journey was smooth, but the in flight entertainment was Zero. I had space to lie down though. Hotel accommodation in Cairo was ok.
Journey from Cairo to New York was terrible. Plane was full, food was poor. In flight entertainment was whack. Infact, it took grace of God.
On arrival at JFK, I used the self help machine. I proceeded to the CBP. The crowd was quite overwhelming. He asked what I do for a living and I told him. The next question was "how long are u here for" I answered "ten weeks" He just stamped me in. I don't know the duration o. I had to tell him" I'm here to give birth". He just said "Madam, you may go and that was it. The man was obviously tired and quite stressed out. No secondary inspection, nothing more. Nothing was seized. It's just the grace of the Almighty. I'm waiting patiently to board my flight to Chicago.
I will post the stamp here for the experts to help me check how long I'm stamped for.
For all coming behind, God will go ahead of you. I bless His Holy name. Later peeps!

Honesty is very important. Most women that have had issues at the POE usually lie. They usually will not give you issues if you tell the truth. If you tell them, you are here to give birth. Medical Tourism is actually welcomed in the USA. As long as you did not lie to the embassy in Nigeria, if you get to the POE and tell them you are here to give birth, you won't be troubled. Most women that have had issues or were turned back usually lie or try to hide the pregnancy. A lot of people complain about several POE's as being difficult but they never tell the truth. They usually will get here and try to cover up the pregnancy. By the time the POE officer finds out, it's usually too late. Anyway, congrats and safe delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2016
bisiswag:
Really nice thread. Please will really appreciate your answers. Someone that doesn't have relatives over there can she still birth there and if possible what are the procedures. Thanks a lot.

Any one can birth in the USA,whether you have relatives there or not. The important thing there is if you can afford it. If you are planning on embacking on this journey,i will strongly advice the you get a pen and jotter and start reading from part one,it will do you a whole lot of good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 9:53am On Oct 12, 2016
Ezemistic, hi... Some of us are waiting patiently for your poe story. Hope the trip was uneventful, and you are well rested now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2016
Congrats Dunnibaby smiley
dunnibaby:
It's time to share my POE experience and to the glory of God, it is a success! Flew Egypt air from abuja to Cairo. Journey was smooth, but the in flight entertainment was Zero. I had space to lie down though. Hotel accommodation in Cairo was ok...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 10:24am On Oct 12, 2016
debby516:
I am 100% sure that my hospital in Ikoyi officially charges 20K for both fit to fly and Doctor's report. Thanks for the heads up.

mine too. And I flew emirates for my 2nd missionary journey so I had no choice but to pay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bisiswag(f): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2016
dere5:

Any one can birth in the USA,whether you have relatives there or not. The important thing there is if you can afford it. If you are planning on embacking on this journey,i will strongly advice the you get a pen and jotter and start reading from part one,it will do you a whole lot of good.
Thanks a whole lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by thermolady: 11:18am On Oct 12, 2016
Hello house; This is an ‘almost’ silent follower [my story is on the ‘anyone trying iui, ivf’ thread] coming back to say thank you. I can honestly attribute our success at the visa interview yesterday to all the info I gathered here over the months & prayer.

One good sign was that just before our turn, a man & his infant was granted by the oyibo lady we were waiting for. Meanwhile, DH was busy calmly reading a book [Lady G, u people get liver o! grin], while I was feverishly internally praying make our visa money no enter bush (if denied there was inadequate EDD time left to reapply separately). The interview:

VO: why are you going to the US?
DH: medical reasons - my wife is having a baby and it’s a precious one, she’s having 1st baby in Bleep years of marriage…
ME: involuntarily exclaiming, : hen?!
DH: I mean at Bleep years of age ( I’m an old mama youngy) i.e, AMA in obstetrics/medical jargon
VO starts typing: what do you do?
DH: I’m a lawyer and chairman of Bleep
Turning to me: what do you do?
ME: Homemaker. She nods and continues typing
VO: have you travelled out together before?
DH: yes, to the UK in 2006 & 2008
VO: have you contacted any doctor and how much do you want to spend?
ME: yes, & I pass over doc’s letter & budget sheet (courtesy this thread).
VO studies it for a minute: when are you due?
ME: December Bleep.
VO: do you have family in Texas?
ME: no, North Carolina
VO: you can pick up your passports in 3 days time…

My e-brethren, that was it o. I quickly gathered my papers & waddled out after DH! Only God’s favour, despite my fears, no exam of bank statement (which had only a few thousands balance) or other document apart from above mentioned. Because experienced posters & mods on this thread have been continually hammering on plainness & honesty, I had explicitly stated on my form DS160, that my reason for this travel was to birth my baby & I also contacted & printed out letters of 3 other docs/hosp just in case I needed to prove that a ‘self pay’ can deliver in the US for under $8,000.
So now, forex/ticket hustle. Don’t know how it will happen cos of cost/availability but it must only end in praise!

40 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 11:33am On Oct 12, 2016
thermolady:
Hello house; This is an ‘almost’ silent follower [my story is on the ‘anyone trying iui, ivf’ thread] coming back to say thank you. I can honestly attribute our success at the visa interview yesterday to all the info I gathered here over the months & prayer.

So now, forex/ticket hustle. Don’t know how it will happen cos of cost/availability but it must only end in praise!

congrats. May your hussle for $ and POE be successful.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2016
Otubio:

Honesty is very important. Most women that have had issues at the POE usually lie. They usually will not give you issues if you tell the truth. If you tell them, you are here to give birth. Medical Tourism is actually welcomed in the USA. As long as you did not lie to the embassy in Nigeria, if you get to the POE and tell them you are here to give birth, you won't be troubled. Most women that have had issues or were turned back usually lie or try to hide the pregnancy. A lot of people complain about several POE's as being difficult but they never tell the truth. They usually will get here and try to cover up the pregnancy. By the time the POE officer finds out, it's usually too late. Anyway, congrats and safe delivery.
Are you trying to be second Justwise? The most truthful men on earth that never Lie. Ekenekwam gi(i greet u well).Mind u that there some difficult POE in the US like Chicago and Phila, whether u like it or not and even if u said the whole truth at their POE,they must look for a way to find loopholes against u, Thats what i mean,.So when People tells us why they were sent back or detained by the POE officers, we need to Believe them and take their words & not yours,because u weren't there with them. So stop judging people by saying that they Lie about their POE story or Visa application stories when u are not the one that it happened to.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2016
Austine2020:
Are you trying to be second Justwise? The most truthful men on earth that never Lie. Ekenekwam gi(i greet u well).

Is this sarcasm, or are you trying to be funny? And who is Justwise?
I am giving advice. Many women, especially Nigerian, have been turned back because of this issue. Are you advocating they continue to lie? It is better of to be honest. They will not prevent you from entering if you tell the truth. The USA is different from the UK. You are allowed to come have your child here even if your sole reason is to acquire citizenship for that child. Until the law is ramified, they will not prevent you from doing so.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
[quote author=thermolady post=50133067]Hello house; This is an ‘almost’ silent follower [my story is on the ‘anyone trying iui, ivf’ thread] coming back to say thank you. I can honestly attribute our success at the visa interview yesterday to all the info I gathered here over the mo

Congrats, I tap into this blessing

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Akorkor(f): 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
thermolady:

My e-brethren, that was it o. I quickly gathered my papers & waddled out after DH! Only God’s favour, despite my fears, no exam of bank statement (which had only a few thousands balance) or other document apart from above mentioned. Because experienced posters & mods on this thread have been continually hammering on plainness & honesty, I had explicitly stated on my form DS160, that my reason for this travel was to birth my baby & I also contacted & printed out letters of 3 other docs/hosp just in case I needed to prove that a ‘self pay’ can deliver in the US for under $8,000.

Congrats. I tap into this. @bolded, is there anywhere given to explicitly state that you are giving birth in USA on DS160 form? Or

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 1:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thanks a lot

simababe:

I paid 182.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dunnibaby: 1:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
Niksie:
Congrats Dunnibaby smiley
Thanks Niksie. I'm expecting u soon o...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2016
Austine2020:
Are you trying to be second Justwise? The most truthful men on earth that never Lie.
Ekenekwam gi(i greet u well).Mind u that there some difficult POE in the US like Chicago and Phila, whether u like it or not and even if u said the whole truth at their POE,they must look for a way to find loopholes against u, Thats what i mean,.So when People tells us why they were sent back or detained by the POE officers, we need to Believe them and take their words & not yours,because u weren't there with them. So stop judging people by saying that they Lie about their POE story or Visa application stories when u are not the one that it happened to.

Here we go again! Another lying warrior. Why did you not lie or encourage your wife to do so during your visa interview but you are here campaigning for one?

I read your interview, you told the truth and the VO recommended you for that.

Otubio is absolutely right! some people can't be bothered to tell the simple truth even if they are going to be paid.

Of course i have lied before and im not proud of it neither will i come here to encourage people to do the same.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ahmayzing(f): 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
Good afternoon beautiful people! I joined Nairaland in May 2016 and interview date was today 10.45am. I got there early enough to sort things I might have missed out... The cafe section of the car park was helpful. I forgot to print the appointment confirmation. Painful but I had to pay 1000 for 2 pages. Also, I took new passports as the one I had was with fringe hairstyle @ the cost of 1000. I stapled all doc and proceeded to the entrance for check in. All doc was accurate, contraband in my wallet were trashed. I was allowed to go in with my iced water (drained the water and left the ice).

It was a long wait to my turn and the bottled water came handy. Other people wondered how I got that in.

Vo: good morning with a big smile. How are you?
Me: morning, fine thank you. leaning on his cubicle

Vo: passport please
Me: passed it on

Vo: why are you going to the USA?
Me: childbirth

Vo:is this your first child?
Me:no, I have 2 already

Vo:wgere in the USA?
Me: Houston, texas

Vo: do you have relatives or friends there?
Me:no

Vo: Why the Doctor ?
Me: I stuttered/blabbed and then said based on review on zocdoc and he comes highly recommended after he prompted me again.

Vo:tell me what you do?
Me: I own so and so company and these are what I do.

Vo:how many staff do you have?
Me:X numbers
But, my husband will be sponsoring

Vo: where does he work?
Me: mentioned his company and role in detail

Vo:whats the budget?
Me: about $15k

Vo:how so you intend to source for dollars?
Me: as an individual, I'm entitled to $4000 PTA...

Cuts in... What's PTA?
Me: personal travel allowance

Vo:ok
Me : and travelex/black market for the rest

Can't remember any other thing... I got the white paper!!! This is to God & God alone. The VO rejected people before me... But I kept giving thanks as I needed a miracle.

No document was asked for!!! I didn't have detailed "burden of proof" as broken down on this thread... I prayed much towards this for God to go ahead and grant me favor. I specifically prayed for no doc perusing oo.. God did favour me.

Thank you ALL for giving.
Now on to ticket, accommodation in sugarland & dollars sourcing. Houston bound moms to be November, holla

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
Austine2020:
Are you trying to be second Justwise? The most truthful men on earth that never Lie. Ekenekwam gi(i greet u well).Mind u that there some difficult POE in the US like Chicago and Phila, whether u like it or not and even if u said the whole truth at their POE,they must look for a way to find loopholes against u, Thats what i mean,.So when People tells us why they were sent back or detained by the POE officers, we need to Believe them and take their words & not yours,because u weren't there with them. So stop judging people by saying that they Lie about their POE story or Visa application stories when u are not the one that it happened to.

I noticed you modified your post after i responded so i will quote and respond to this. I will try to make this last response since i do not want to take away from the main purpose of this thread. I did not accuse anyone and never said i was holier than though. I simply stated the truth. My assertion that people lie is based on evidence and not hearsay.

Again, for those who are interested in the truth and not the ill advise this person posted, JUST BE HONEST. Medical tourism is LEGAL in the USA. They Will not refuse you entry based on having your child in the states. On the other hand, if you lie, they CAN and MAY refuse entry IF and WHEN they find out.

For example, if you obtained the visa in Nigeria and were pregnant at the time but didn't let them know. In some cases, when you get to the POE, they will ask if you told them at the embassy. Most will say YES, Guess what happens when they take you to SECONDARY INSPECTION - They verify. If you lied, then can send you back.

If you get to the POE and they ask for the purpose of your trip, and you say just visiting and fail to mention childbirth, if they find out after, they MAY send you back for DECEIT.

Do you know the amount of PAPERWORK it requires to SEND SOMEONE back? They do not do so unless they have reason to. The number one reason is usually DECEIT. If you do not lie and are truthful, you will not have issues unless you are randomly selected for further screening or your name comes up on a flagged list. When people tell you they sent them back for no reason, 99% of the time, they are lieing.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
yes o, right behind you dear kiss
dunnibaby:

Thanks Niksie. I'm expecting u soon o...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mom4ever: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2016
dere5:

Check abokifx.com for current rate,you will find different bank rates there.

Thanks a bunch

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.